PDA

View Full Version : Tebow to KC

dbolan
03-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Why not pick him up as a 3rb QB and use him as a situational Running Back?

He is tough as nails and has good locker room presence along with being a duel threat (possible a triple threat)!

Plus he will have a grudge towards the Broncos! :D

chiefnut
03-20-2012, 10:55 AM
in a word NO! we already have 3 QBs and i think his luck has run out

Jrudi
03-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Tebow Can't co-exist on a team with QB's like Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn, and Stanzi...

The Tebow bandwagon would generate so much bad PR if he wasn't the starter it would affect out team and set us back, and ultimately put us in the situation Denver was in (searching for a way out)...

The only teams I could see taking a chance on him is New England (because let's be honest, no one in their right might would argue to start Tebow over Brady) or Jacksonville (for the marketing aspect of bringing him home and putting fans in the stands) and there's always wild card teams like Dallas, and the Jets...

I say no, like and respect the guy as a person, but don't like the commotion that follows him.

Seek
03-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Oh thank you. I feared his thread was actually a real link saying the chiefs were interested in him. I am glad it was just someone inquiring about him. That scared me for a second.

If you are interested in him as a full Back. I am interested.

dbolan
03-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Tebow Can't co-exist on a team with QB's like Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn, and Stanzi...

The Tebow bandwagon would generate so much bad PR if he wasn't the starter it would affect out team and set us back, and ultimately put us in the situation Denver was in (searching for a way out)...

The only teams I could see taking a chance on him is New England (because let's be honest, no one in their right might would argue to start Tebow over Brady) or Jacksonville (for the marketing aspect of bringing him home and putting fans in the stands) and there's always wild card teams like Dallas, and the Jets...

I say no, like and respect the guy as a person, but don't like the commotion that follows him.

Well get rid of Stanzi then...Tebow has already beat out Quinn and Stanzi can't win the start from Cassel OR Palko...So, what better person to have on your team? :D

Seek
03-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Well get rid of Stanzi then...Tebow has already beat out Quinn and Stanzi can't win the start from Cassel OR Palko...So, what better person to have on your team? :D

Tebow only beat out Quinn because the fan based demanded it and Quinn was very simliar to the Orton in style of play and the Donkies needed someone more mobile. As of the start of the season Tebow was 3rd string. The donkies changed their entire offense to a running team in hide the inefficiencies of Tewbow being a running back and not a QB.

The Donkies also offered Quinn another contract to stay in Denver, more money than what the Chiefs offered and he left for KC. That being said, Denver just replaced Tebow with Manning and is looking to get rid of his services instead of retain him.

He is a nice guy, but why would you want him as a QB other than that.

Again, as a full back okay.

dbolan
03-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Tebow only beat out Quinn because the fan based demanded it and Quinn was very simliar to the Orton in style of play and the Donkies needed someone more mobile. As of the start of the season Tebow was 3rd string. The donkies changed their entire offense to a running team in hide the inefficiencies of Tewbow being a running back and not a QB.

The Donkies also offered Quinn another contract to stay in Denver, more money than what the Chiefs offered and he left for KC. That being said, Denver just replaced Tebow with Manning and is looking to get rid of his services instead of retain him.

He is a nice guy, but why would you want him as a QB other than that.

Again, as a full back okay.

I get what you are saying and understand...I was yanking your chain a little as well! :D

However, the guy is a "football" player. I would at least put some type of offer out there, if even to visit just to see if he would be willing to accept a role(s) other than QB.

OPLookn
03-20-2012, 11:53 AM
I get what you are saying and understand...I was yanking your chain a little as well! :D

However, the guy is a "football" player. I would at least put some type of offer out there, if even to visit just to see if he would be willing to accept a role(s) other than QB.

I figure if you yank some chains other should be able to do the same.... Aren't they all "football" players?

:lol:

whackojacko58
03-20-2012, 11:54 AM
nononononononono! tebow sucks funny how fast the donkeys bandwagon fell apart

dbolan
03-20-2012, 12:26 PM
I figure if you yank some chains other should be able to do the same.... Aren't they all "football" players?

:lol:

True, but the " " is what makes the difference! LOL!
":beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: "

Seek
03-20-2012, 12:27 PM

See personally, I would rather has Stanzi. In pre-season he made some really good throws. He needs to mature a little and have the speed of game slow down for him a little and he could develop into a decent Qb. Then again, he may not but to me it is worth keeping him on at the 3rd QB and finding out.

We will see after camp starts how much he improved after last year.

jb908
03-20-2012, 03:34 PM
I'd put a gun in my mouth and make sure you were all standing behind me. He is a great dude, but I don't want to watch that garbage football on Sundays.

Chiefster
03-20-2012, 03:54 PM
I like Tebow as a person, but fear that he would be a huge distraction on and off the field. JMHO

ChiefsFanTilDeath83
03-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Would be sweet to pick Tebow up then when we play Denver we can unleash his HOLY RUNNING WRATH on John Elways horse mouth jackA@#. Bet the donkeys modeled there mascot after Elways smile

matthewschiefs
03-20-2012, 04:01 PM
I would lean towards No but I wouldn't dismiss it either. Tebow took them to the 2nd round of the playoffs last year. It's not like he didn't do any good. And now that Denvers running him out of town even after takeing them from 1-4 to the playoffs you no that he's going to have a little extra when playing against them. I do my homework on it but I don't think it's going to happen

OPLookn
03-20-2012, 04:15 PM
I would lean towards No but I wouldn't dismiss it either. Tebow took them to the 2nd round of the playoffs last year. It's not like he didn't do any good. And now that Denvers running him out of town even after takeing them from 1-4 to the playoffs you no that he's going to have a little extra when playing against them. I do my homework on it but I don't think it's going to happen

Tebow and company beat a team that we lost to 13-9 with Cassel, Charles, Berry and Moeaki out and Palko playing QB. I really believe that we beat the Steelers with those 4 in the game. Because of that Tebow is no more special than a decent QB which makes me say pass.

azchiefsfan
03-20-2012, 04:21 PM
As many NFL players and analysts have said, the entire offense has to be restructured for an option spread. The team that gets him will need at least 2 big, blocking TE and a smaller, faster offensive line. It takes a dedication to the option that most teams are loathe to spend on. I wish Tebow well. I don't and haven't hated Tebow. I like his moxy. But we don't have the pieces in place to support his style and we have now spent major money to support our drop-back QB game. Now if we could get RGIII, yeah, I'd take him as fast as Pioli could write the check. He can run, but more important, the kid can drop back in the pocket and knock a flea off the knee of Bowe at 60 yards. Something Tebow can't do.

Eydugstr
03-20-2012, 04:22 PM
I'd say no. Let's not turn our QB situation into a situation like Denver had. Stanzi is an pretty much an unknown, and Quinn has little history - let's see what those guys can do this year.

Tebow's best fit is probably in Jacksonville, where's he's got an opportunity to start.

ChiefsFanTilDeath83
03-20-2012, 04:23 PM
He would bring real good competition at QB. Quinn Would Really step up his game and in turn so would Cassel.

Coach
03-20-2012, 04:50 PM
No! I will divorce the Chiefs if they pick up Tebow.

NO!! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg2u_De8j5o)

NO GOD! PLEASE NO!!! NOOOOOOOOOO - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc)

AkChief49
03-20-2012, 05:40 PM
See personally, I would rather has Stanzi. In pre-season he made some really good throws. He needs to mature a little and have the speed of game slow down for him a little and he could develop into a decent Qb. Then again, he may not but to me it is worth keeping him on at the 3rd QB and finding out.

We will see after camp starts how much he improved after last year.
I believe Stanzi is going to surprise a few people.

Xanathol
03-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Orton beat out Quinn and could only take Denver to a 1-4 record, whereas Tebow took them to a playoff win. Cassel can't hit the inside of a barn with the doors closed. Tim is an easy upgrade to both of those "quarterbacks".

Barnett89
03-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Can't see it happening. ever.

Chiefster
03-21-2012, 12:13 AM
No! I will divorce the Chiefs if they pick up Tebow.

NO!! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg2u_De8j5o)

NO GOD! PLEASE NO!!! NOOOOOOOOOO - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

chief31
03-21-2012, 12:23 AM
So far Tim Tebow has been a terrible QB, who was carried to several wins.

And Quinn made some unfriendly comments toward Tebow while still in Denver.

But no. I do not want the most overrated circus show ever to come and make a mess of our situation. He started over Quinn, not because he earned the job, but because his following made too much of scene.

I hope he winds up in The NFC and does very well for the rest of his career. But I don't think he will. I think the hype will forever exceed his abilities.

Chiefster
03-21-2012, 12:28 AM
So far Tim Tebow has been a terrible QB, who was carried to several wins.

And Quinn made some unfriendly comments toward Tebow while still in Denver.

But no. I do not want the most overrated circus show ever to come and make a mess of our situation. He started over Quinn, not because he earned the job, but because his following made too much of scene.

I hope he winds up in The NFC and does very well for the rest of his career. But I don't think he will. I think the hype will forever exceed his abilities.

Absolutely agree; I've always thought that his QB abilities were fine for the college style offense he ran at the University of Florida, but his abilities in the NFL are much better suited for a full back position.

AussieChiefsFan
03-21-2012, 01:18 AM
Having wouldn't actually be bad IMO but there's no place for him. QB position is already full. and Hillis will probably be the FB when he isn't the 2nd RB

doobs_05
03-21-2012, 01:22 AM
I wouldn't mind him coming over if he decided to move to a TE or FB. Hell if he is okay that he'll be a 3rd string QB, i don't care. Tebow doesn't bring anything bad to a team (except QB play...Zing!) His fans and the media are what make it really bad. Tebow just wants to play ball. Once he gets rid of that donkey jersey, i will be pulling for this guy to do something. He's a great person/role model.

AussieChiefsFan
03-21-2012, 01:25 AM
Once he gets rid of that donkey jersey, i will be pulling for this guy to do something. He's a great person/role model.

My opinion exactly!

toyotapower
03-21-2012, 06:23 AM
This is from bill williamson so take it with a big grain of salt, but he is saying he thinks the broncos should trade tebow to the patriots for ryan mallett. I would be so mad if they do, I've always wanted us to take a chance on him.

pojote
03-21-2012, 09:14 AM
I just don't believe how many people thinks that Tebow is a good QB. No one has watched? He can't throw the ball, he's not a passer.
The "won a playoff game" argument is ridiculous, he didn't won by himself, he made it with his team, a totally renewed offensive scheme that worked OK for the team, not just him.

dbolan
03-21-2012, 09:52 AM
I just don't believe how many people thinks that Tebow is a good QB. No one has watched? He can't throw the ball, he's not a passer.
The "won a playoff game" argument is ridiculous, he didn't won by himself, he made it with his team, a totally renewed offensive scheme that worked OK for the team, not just him.

Don;t think anyone in this thread has claimed that Tebow is a prolific passer by any means.

My intention was that he has good football pesence, he loves that game and he is an exceptional athlete that is not one dimensional.

He could be used in a variety of ways, such as a TE, WR, H Back, RB and if needed, he could do some QB/RB stuff out of the Wildcat (just as an example) to keep defense's on their heels.

Just a thought.....Because he is not breaking the bank in regards to salary, so to speak.

pojote
03-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Don;t think anyone in this thread has claimed that Tebow is a prolific passer by any means.

My intention was that he has good football pesence, he loves that game and he is an exceptional athlete that is not one dimensional.

He could be used in a variety of ways, such as a TE, WR, H Back, RB and if needed, he could do some QB/RB stuff out of the Wildcat (just as an example) to keep defense's on their heels.

Just a thought.....Because he is not breaking the bank in regards to salary, so to speak.

You're not one of those believing it, but there is a lot, not just KC fans -less Tebow friendly fan base IMHO- but around the league. One guy that has football knowledge reputation, told me that he is better that Cassel, so Chiefs needs Timmy. I know Cassel is not elite, not even a good QB, but placing him behind Tebow, it just doesn't make sense to me.

KristofLaw
03-21-2012, 11:08 AM
I would not be interested in the least, just my two cents.

kcchiefsfan18
03-21-2012, 11:19 AM
I would welcome him in, obviously not starting yet, but to compete for a spot (doesn't have to be at QB). He is a hard worker and has been able to run at every level he has played at. Not deceptively fast, but definitely deceptively strong. You can tell on the field he is harder to tackle than people expect. He would probably come in and be the third strongest guy on our team.

kcvet
03-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Tbone to KC ??? I needed a good laff today :yahoo:

Xanathol
03-21-2012, 11:37 AM
People saying he's "not a QB" need to stop repeating what ESPN says, step back, and watch him play. Tim's biggest issue last season was not trusting what he sees, instead, holding the ball or throwing it away. That is something that gets better with time as he gets use to the timing in the NFL.

Let's compare some stats...

In 2011, Tim was 7-4 and had a 46.5% completion percentage, 12 TDs, 6 INTs, QB Rating of 72.9.

In Elways' first 11 starts, he was 4-6 and had a 47.5% completion percentage, 7 TDs, 14 INTs, QB Rating of 54.9.

Guess you would pass on Elway too, eh?

Oh - let me guess the next argument - 'Elway didn't have help around him and Tim did'? Check again. Look at PFF's drop rate (http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/17/drop-rate-2011-which-receivers-are-dropping-the-ball/) from this season and notice Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas are both two of the worse in the league, dropping 16.98% and 13.51% respectively. And if you watched Denver this past season, you'd note that PFF was extremely kind to the Denver receivers, as those drop numbers are quite low ( particularly for DT, who averaged closer to one drop per game ).

Tim is only going to get better. Players like Quinn and Orton, they've been around long enough that what you see is what you get. I'd definitely take Tim on my team.

kcvet
03-21-2012, 11:42 AM
People saying he's "not a QB" need to stop repeating what ESPN says, step back, and watch him play. Tim's biggest issue last season was not trusting what he sees, instead, holding the ball or throwing it away. That is something that gets better with time as he gets use to the timing in the NFL.

Let's compare some stats...

In 2011, Tim was 7-4 and had a 46.5% completion percentage, 12 TDs, 6 INTs, QB Rating of 72.9.

In Elways' first 11 starts, he was 4-6 and had a 47.5% completion percentage, 7 TDs, 14 INTs, QB Rating of 54.9.

Guess you would pass on Elway too, eh?

Oh - let me guess the next argument - 'Elway didn't have help around him and Tim did'? Check again. Look at PFF's drop rate (http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/17/drop-rate-2011-which-receivers-are-dropping-the-ball/) from this season and notice Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas are both two of the worse in the league, dropping 16.98% and 13.51% respectively. And if you watched Denver this past season, you'd note that PFF was extremely kind to the Denver receivers, as those drop numbers are quite low ( particularly for DT, who averaged closer to one drop per game ).

Tim is only going to get better. Players like Quinn and Orton, they've been around long enough that what you see is what you get. I'd definitely take Tim on my team.

he'll get better I agree. but not here

70 chiefsfan70
03-21-2012, 12:23 PM
I don't think we will see Tim as a Chief but I fully and 100% believe he would snatch the starting job from Cassel and either way he would cause an uproar. I would have loved to see him here before we signed TE Kevin Boss, RB Peyton Hillis, and QB Brady Quinn, but with these guys especially Brady Quinn, it just does not make sense.

We don't have any need for him here, but I wish him well where ever he goes outside of the AFC West.

If we would have had Tebowe for a backup QB last year we would have easily made the playoffs.

kcvet
03-21-2012, 12:28 PM
unless he changes his mind Romero will start Cassel

Sick Dog
03-21-2012, 01:09 PM
Don't have to talk about it anymore he is a JET...

kcvet
03-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Don't have to talk about it anymore he is a JET...

no confirmation. got a linky thingy ???

KristofLaw
03-21-2012, 01:21 PM
no confirmation. got a linky thingy ???

Report: Jets acquire Tim Tebow from Broncos for draft picks (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/03/report-jets-acquire-tim-tebow-from-broncos-for-fourth-round-draft-pick/1)

kcvet
03-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Report: Jets acquire Tim Tebow from Broncos for draft picks (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/03/report-jets-acquire-tim-tebow-from-broncos-for-fourth-round-draft-pick/1)

thanks pal. i just found it. and that's that

azchiefsfan
03-21-2012, 02:45 PM
I hope he does well there. I'm just glad he's not coming here. But like they have been saying on ESPN the last hour and a half, the NY media circus is going to eat him alive. Jacksonville was the perfect fit for him.

kcvet
03-21-2012, 03:11 PM
I hope he does well there. I'm just glad he's not coming here. But like they have been saying on ESPN the last hour and a half, the NY media circus is going to eat him alive. Jacksonville was the perfect fit for him.

they'll be throwing Qurans at him

AkChief49
03-21-2012, 04:35 PM
thanks pal. i just found it. and that's that
maybe not

Jets’ trade for Tebow hits a snag, could be voided, Rams may get him | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/jets-trade-for-tebow-hits-a-snag-could-be-voided-rams-may-get-him/)

kcvet
03-21-2012, 04:38 PM
maybe not

Jets’ trade for Tebow hits a snag, could be voided, Rams may get him | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/jets-trade-for-tebow-hits-a-snag-could-be-voided-rams-may-get-him/)

saw this to. merry go round time ???

AkChief49
03-21-2012, 04:43 PM
saw this to. merry go round time ???
no kidding. I thought he wanted to go back home to the south?

kcvet
03-21-2012, 04:55 PM

I watched the manning merry go round but im off this one

AkChief49
03-21-2012, 05:01 PM
I watched the manning merry go round but im off this one
still dizzy from the last ride?:lol:

AkChief49
03-21-2012, 05:08 PM
well the merry-go -round is just getting started

If Tim Tebow Jets deal is nixed, Jaguars will be in the mix | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/if-tim-tebow-jets-deal-is-nixed-jaguars-will-be-in-the-mix/)

kcvet
03-21-2012, 05:10 PM
here we go again

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XpU26qYaPso/TyJ1F3iwx4I/AAAAAAAATJs/CRJ-wH9jf80/s1600/img_7270-medium.jpg

AkChief49
03-21-2012, 05:17 PM
here we go again

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XpU26qYaPso/TyJ1F3iwx4I/AAAAAAAATJs/CRJ-wH9jf80/s1600/img_7270-medium.jpg
I see what you did there (with the ponies)

jap1
03-21-2012, 07:30 PM

Tebow doesnt have a say in the matter. Its not like they cut him and he is a FA. He is still on contract, meaning they can do whatever they want with him.

AkChief49
03-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Tebow doesnt have a say in the matter. Its not like they cut him and he is a FA. He is still on contract, meaning they can do whatever they want with him.
I realize that. But Elway mentioned they would do what was "best for Tebow" kind of a "sorry we do not want you, where would you like to go" sort of thing. If Jacksonville is interested I believe he would rather go there than NY.

TopekaRoy
03-21-2012, 08:07 PM
I realize that. But Elway mentioned they would do what was "best for Tebow" kind of a "sorry we do not want you, where would you like to go" sort of thing. If Jacksonville is interested I believe he would rather go there than NY.

Elway also said, "Going into training camp, Tim Tebow is our starter." I think we know how much his word is worth.

AkChief49
03-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Elway also said, "Going into training camp, Tim Tebow is our starter." I think we know how much his word is worth.
There is that:D

doobs_05
03-22-2012, 01:19 AM
I hope Tebow proves everyone wrong and becomes a good/great QB. Now i can finally cheer on the guy since he's not in the AFC West anymore.

AussieChiefsFan
03-22-2012, 02:40 AM
I hope Tebow proves everyone wrong and becomes a good/great QB. Now i can finally cheer on the guy since he's not in the AFC West anymore.

Agreed!:bananen_smilies046:

dbolan
03-22-2012, 07:37 AM

You gotta be kidding me....If anyone, you know good and well that this is a business Roy!

At the time Tebow was the starter going in.....Who else was there?? LMAO

How many times have we heard players say "I want to stay here" yet if they get a better offer, they BOLT?!?!? IE: Once again...Your Honor, I bring the case of one Tony Gonzalez to the bench. :lol:

Things change, eh?:D

TopekaRoy
03-22-2012, 04:17 PM
You gotta be kidding me....If anyone, you know good and well that this is a business Roy!

At the time Tebow was the starter going in.....Who else was there?? LMAO

How many times have we heard players say "I want to stay here" yet if they get a better offer, they BOLT?!?!? IE: Once again...Your Honor, I bring the case of one Tony Gonzalez to the bench. :lol:

Things change, eh?:D

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'. :lol:

Everyone knew when Elway said that, what he meant was "For now, we are stuck with Tebow, until we can find somebody better!"

Elway had no intention of starting Tebow this year. He only said that to appease the fans. Peyton Manning was the only QB he could bring in that wouldn't have caused a backlash from the fans. If he signed Matt Flynn or drafted a rookie like Tannehill, do you think the fans would have been happy with one of them starting ahead of Tebow?

And when he said they would do what is best for Tebow, he meant, "The best thing for Tebow is to trade him, and we will trade him to whatever team gives us the best offer."

The Chiefs are no different. When Crennel and Pioli says "Matt is out quarterback" they mean "... unless he really stinks up the field and Brady or Ricki outplay him." I'm fine with that. I want the best QB on the field.

And so does Elway. I was just saying, "don't take whatever he says at face value."

And getting a little playful dig in at "the enemy!" :D

Chiefster
03-24-2012, 11:28 PM
I would not, under any circumstances sign Tebow as a QB. He would make a much better FB IMHO.