PDA

View Full Version : We got a snitch in the house too!

2010chiefs
03-21-2012, 11:53 PM
Former Kansas City receiver Joe Horn said the Chiefs had a bounty program (http://twitter.com/#!/LeeZurik/status/182534837436026880) when he was there and he said every NFL team has a program. I would be shocked if the NFL investigated the Chiefs based on Horn’s comments. He played for the Chiefs from 1996-99.

matthewschiefs
03-22-2012, 01:48 AM
Unless something new comes up the NFL isn't really going to do anything about comments like this. They pretty much told teams that they no this is going on and to stop. Teams like the saints didnt stop that's where they got into trouble.

AussieChiefsFan
03-22-2012, 02:01 AM
I dont really see this turning into much

TopekaRoy
03-22-2012, 02:44 AM
Former Kansas City receiver Joe Horn said the Chiefs had a bounty program (http://twitter.com/#!/LeeZurik/status/182534837436026880) when he was there and he said every NFL team has a program. I would be shocked if the NFL investigated the Chiefs based on Horn’s comments. He played for the Chiefs from 1996-99.

Let them investigate. None of the players or coaches from that team are here anymore. Even the GM and owner have changed. Nobody here has any connection with what happened in 1999.

AussieChiefsFan
03-22-2012, 02:46 AM
Let them investigate. None of the players or coaches from that team are here anymore. Even the GM and owner have changed. Nobody here has any connection with what happened in 1999.

Exactly

KristofLaw
03-22-2012, 03:19 AM
I was wondering what this thread was about with that title. :D

Nothing will come of this... seems many players want to speak out on this and their past team. There will not be any consequences aside from a feeling of guilt on older teams however.

#58ChiefsFan
03-22-2012, 07:04 AM
Sounds like he is spreading the blame around the league a bit. He left here and went to the Saints, looks like its some sort of damage control for coincence.

AussieChiefsFan
03-22-2012, 07:23 AM
Sounds like he is spreading the blame around the league a bit. He left here and went to the Saints, looks like its some sort of damage control for coincence.

Now that you mention he wad a saint it does sound like it.

chiefnut
03-22-2012, 08:33 AM
I think all teams have some sort of "bounty" if not for money for some reward or acknowledgement. that's why the NFL asked ALL teams to verify that this is NOT going on with their team. it gives them time to put an end to it once and for all. the redskins will get investigated cause williams was there. that punnisment was a mandate for all teams to clean it up or else the next one caught will probably lose a season.

KCraised
03-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Yeah, Horn needs to keep his damn mouth shut. He didnt bother to mention it publicly when he was cashing Chiefs paychecks.

Ryfo18
03-22-2012, 01:28 PM
The correct term is "whistleblower"

KCraised
03-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Very PC of you;)

dbolan
03-22-2012, 03:23 PM
So....Who is wrong? The Snitch or the person(s) committing the wrongful act?

OPLookn
03-22-2012, 03:44 PM

The snitch for bringing up something that happened 13 years ago on a team that doesn't have a single player, coach, gm or owner from the previous regime. It was meant purely to get into the spot light. Granted reporters are probably finding any person that played in the NFL to ask them if anything was going on at this point.

TopekaRoy
03-22-2012, 04:41 PM

Yeah, I don't think Horn was saying, "Hey! Check out the Chiefs, they do it, too!" I think he was just trying to make the point that it goes on everywhere and has for a long time. We just happened to be his former team.

I do believe if any teams are still doing it, they won't be doing it anymore. The cost is way too high.

dbolan
03-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Yeah, I don't think Horn was saying, "Hey! Check out the Chiefs, they do it, too!" I think he was just trying to make the point that it goes on everywhere and has for a long time. We just happened to be his former team.

I do believe if any teams are still doing it, they won't be doing it anymore. The cost is way too high.

Roy...We agree! Suprise suprise! lol

TopekaRoy
03-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Roy...We agree! Suprise suprise! lol

Yeah? Well you're not always wrong! :lol: :bananen_smilies046:

dbolan
03-23-2012, 11:50 AM

Haha!! :efpge: :lol:

70 chiefsfan70
03-23-2012, 11:53 AM

LINK PLEASE??????

:D :D :D :D :D :D

OPLookn
03-23-2012, 12:01 PM
LINK PLEASE??????

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Picture or it didn't happen.

:lol:

dbolan
03-23-2012, 12:44 PM
You guys are HARSH! LMAO!

chief31
03-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Yeah, Horn needs to keep his damn mouth shut. He didnt bother to mention it publicly when he was cashing Chiefs paychecks.

This sort of information needs to come out.

If our Chiefs were doing this, then they deserve to be called out on it.

KCraised
03-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Seriously? What good could it possibly do now? Goodell got his point across extremely harshly. They got caught, be it shockey or whomever blew the whistle on it, and now the league is sending out agreements to be signed by all NFL owners to let them know they mean business.
Answer me this....I don't remember K. Warner or B. Favre or others on the "target list" ever coming forward or sitting out a game because they were on the list. They continued to play and you sure know they were plenty aware of names on the bounty list. Im not saying its right that there was a bounty list. But theres no need to turn this into football's version of the steroid use investigation and make it a witch hunt like that all turned out to be.
Goodell put the league on MAJOR notice and if you get busted after the Saints String up, you DESERVE what's coming, probably more severe. Wipe the slate clean and move forward.

chief31
03-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Seriously? What good could it possibly do now? Goodell got his point across extremely harshly. They got caught, be it shockey or whomever blew the whistle on it, and now the league is sending out agreements to be signed by all NFL owners to let them know they mean business.
Answer me this....I don't remember K. Warner or B. Favre or others on the "target list" ever coming forward or sitting out a game because they were on the list. They continued to play and you sure know they were plenty aware of names on the bounty list. Im not saying its right that there was a bounty list. But theres no need to turn this into football's version of the steroid use investigation and make it a witch hunt like that all turned out to be.
Goodell put the league on MAJOR notice and if you get busted after the Saints String up, you DESERVE what's coming, probably more severe. Wipe the slate clean and move forward.

Shedding light on the truth.

Seeing as how everybody knows that guys like Butkus were literally out for blood, this is not a big shock to anybody.

And it is a good thing to discuss it, and get it out in the open. Keeping it a secret is a lie.

I am in favor of the truth.

KCraised
03-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Hmmmm, you seem to put a bounty list of a football GAME along the lines of outing a Politician for fraud in the community. Was this really such a far fetched theory that this could be happening? This isn't flag football. These guys are nothing short of animals on the field. Personally, I don't know why $1500 means squat for these millionare guys, anyways. Ecspecially when you get fined 10,15,25 thousand dollars for a questionable hit.
The league came out with a knockout blow on the Saints. Its bad enough to be the example like the Saints were made to be. But do you really wanna be the 2nd team that didn't learn from the 1st example? I would say all bounty lists have been burned and buried and the problem just solved itself, ala Goodell.
Or, we could just open Pandora's box and begin cancelling the whole 2012 season because there wont be any coaches and most defenses would be depleted.Horn is probably spot on. All teams probably have this and have had this for years. My problem is that Horn didn't stand up about this when the Chiefs were paying him. Now, he wants to run his mouth.

chief31
03-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Hmmmm, you seem to put a bounty list of a football GAME along the lines of outing a Politician for fraud in the community. Was this really such a far fetched theory that this could be happening? This isn't flag football. These guys are nothing short of animals on the field. Personally, I don't know why $1500 means squat for these millionare guys, anyways. Ecspecially when you get fined 10,15,25 thousand dollars for a questionable hit.
The league came out with a knockout blow on the Saints. Its bad enough to be the example like the Saints were made to be. But do you really wanna be the 2nd team that didn't learn from the 1st example? I would say all bounty lists have been burned and buried and the problem just solved itself, ala Goodell.
Or, we could just open Pandora's box and begin cancelling the whole 2012 season because there wont be any coaches and most defenses would be depleted.Horn is probably spot on. All teams probably have this and have had this for years. My problem is that Horn didn't stand up about this when the Chiefs were paying him. Now, he wants to run his mouth.

Neither did any other NFL player.... And now that it is coming out, people can relax and discuss it.

Or you could just blow the whole thing way out of proportion.

It is the truth. Don't hide from it. No season is going to be cancelled.

And calling a man a "snitch" for telling the truth is to promote dishonesty.

You don't want to talk about it? Why are you talking about it?

#58ChiefsFan
03-23-2012, 08:58 PM
The $1500 or whatever the price of the bounty is a moot point, the mindset it creates in a three point stance is the issue.

If anybody is kidding themselves that this didn't go on here their pretty niave. I'm not saying the Chiefs went to the extreme of paying for cart offs, maybe they did, but there are rewards (monetary or otherwise) in locker room for huge LEGAL hits on all 32 teams.

KCraised
03-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Neither did any other NFL player.... And now that it is coming out, people can relax and discuss it.

Wow, I see we have the Moral police on our board. Ok, what would YOU like to see happen if, in theory, the NFL were to follow Horn's statement and look into his allegations? What would pacify you, 31?

KCraised
03-23-2012, 09:29 PM

This is where I stand. It's football to me. It affects my life ALITTLE because I enjoy watching the game and seeing KC represented and my team player could get hurt by a successful bounty. But The Commisioner has proved himself to be a no nonsense guy and if he deems it important to follow up, so be it. If he doesn't, oh well. Nothing I can do about it, either way. But we aren't quilting here. It's a violent game. Bountys are violent, as is the game, so I never had my hand over my mouth in horror of the news.
Time will tell how it all plays out

bricooper78
03-23-2012, 11:10 PM
half off topic, but if they have, say, $1,000 for a pick-6, is that a bounty, and illegal?

(say the coach sticks a check above the locker room door, and says "whoever gets the first pick 6 takes this check home with them")

if it is illegal, is this kind of thing just in the contracts as incentives?

TopekaRoy
03-23-2012, 11:49 PM
half off topic, but if they have, say, $1,000 for a pick-6, is that a bounty, and illegal?

(say the coach sticks a check above the locker room door, and says "whoever gets the first pick 6 takes this check home with them")

If the coach does that, yes, technically it is illegal, because it's a way of circumventing the salary cap by paying players "off the books" money that is not in their contract.

in most cases though, the players are throwing their own money into a "pool" to pay out for these things.

I don't really have a problem with players rewarding one another for a sack, forced fumble or interception, but I can see how that would be a "gray area." I have a huge problem with rewarding a player for intentionally causing injury to an opponent and taking him out of the game. The sport is dangerous enough as it is. Nobody should be trying to injure another player, beyond the pain that is naturally inflicted on one 300 pound man when he collides with another 300 pound man at full speed.

#58ChiefsFan
03-24-2012, 09:57 AM
I tend to think the bills had something out for Berry last year, in light of finding out they were quickly named in this. What a ****ty hit Johnson threw on him. I can't wait to watch Eric run through his *** next time they meet.

AussieChiefsFan
03-24-2012, 10:21 AM
I tend to think the bills had something out for Berry last year, in light of finding out they were quickly named in this. What a ****ty hit Johnson threw on him. I can't wait to watch Eric run through his *** next time they meet.

^^^^

KCraised
03-24-2012, 11:14 AM

I'm pretty sure. It would be a "Non contract bonus". Heard them talking about that with the commissioner.

jap1
03-24-2012, 05:27 PM

I have heard that this is extremely common, except like someone else posted, it is usually a pool of money from the players. The line is drawn at injuring other players for money. Supposedly bounties for injuries were common before free agency (when you wouldn't ever have to worry about playing alongside the guy that a year ago you injured).

chief31
03-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Wow, I see we have the Moral police on our board. Ok, what would YOU like to see happen if, in theory, the NFL were to follow Horn's statement and look into his allegations? What would pacify you, 31?

OH NO!!! I am the moral police?

Well, I suppose that somebody who calls a man a "snitch" for exposing hidden, dirty, facts would certainly think. Although I don't know what makes me the policeman here.

Just an attempt to make a positive into an insult, I assume.

But yes. You got me. My diabolical scheme to end football on planet Earth is so well under way with all of this. Time to investigate the Chiefs of the 90's! Let's get the ball rolling so we can eliminate The NFL!!!

/sarcasm

You can't possibly believe that The NFL would shut the league down if team after team were exposed, do you? You don't think that there might just be lighter penalties handed out, and that the league might just say that they will be on the lookout from here, on?

It's the truth. Embrace it. The dark side offers only hatred and suffering. :D

Chiefster
03-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Unless there's anything collaborating these assertions they are baseless accusations.

KCraised
03-25-2012, 04:59 PM
OH NO!!! I am the moral police?

Well, I suppose that somebody who calls a man a "snitch" for exposing hidden, dirty, facts would certainly think. Although I don't know what makes me the policeman here.

Just an attempt to make a positive into an insult, I assume.

But yes. You got me. My diabolical scheme to end football on planet Earth is so well under way with all of this. Time to investigate the Chiefs of the 90's! Let's get the ball rolling so we can eliminate The NFL!!!

/sarcasm

You can't possibly believe that The NFL would shut the league down if team after team were exposed, do you? You don't think that there might just be lighter penalties handed out, and that the league might just say that they will be on the lookout from here, on?

It's the truth. Embrace it. The dark side offers only hatred and suffering. :D

Wow, that last line sounded alitrle "cult like". Its ok, buddy, im sure you live in the perfect world of your mind. I prefer to exist in the real world;)
And no, the season would'nt shut down. But do you really think New Orleans will be the same team this year? Come on. Goodell hasn't even announced the players that are in trouble yet. Said he is waiting on the players union to discuss how they are going to handle thier side of the players announced. Ive heard you get defensive on many a post and whine plenty about how if we had this player or that player, we would be a different team. Well, New Orleans has lost coaching and soon will lose some players. Why they would go lighter on players with other teams, I don't understand your logic. Start multiplying that by every team in the league, the landscape of the NFL will be majorly changed. Instead of running the name of the NFL through the mud anymore than it has with New Orleans, wipe the slate clean, put even more stern penalties in place, and start from scratch. All owners are getting something to sign that basically says, "You have been warned, we assure you that you don't wanna be next after we warned you..."
Doing bounties is about the biggest chickens**t thing a player can do. It's like a child's mentality. But, seeings football is extremely violent, the illegal actions don't contrast that much from the regular game.
I agree it's a crappy thing but I din't wanna see the can of worms open up like what has happened in baseball.

KCraised
03-25-2012, 05:02 PM
I have heard that this is extremely common, except like someone else posted, it is usually a pool of money from the players. The line is drawn at injuring other players for money. Supposedly bounties for injuries were common before free agency (when you wouldn't ever have to worry about playing alongside the guy that a year ago you injured).

It sickens me that they would get paid on the side for something like a pick 6. I would say the MILLIONS that you recieve a year would be motivation enough. That's what you're getting paid to do, anyways!!

#58ChiefsFan
03-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Wow, that last line sounded alitrle "cult like". Its ok, buddy, im sure you live in the perfect world of your mind. I prefer to exist in the real world;)
And no, the season would'nt shut down. But do you really think New Orleans will be the same team this year? Come on. Goodell hasn't even announced the players that are in trouble yet. Said he is waiting on the players union to discuss how they are going to handle thier side of the players announced. Ive heard you get defensive on many a post and whine plenty about how if we had this player or that player, we would be a different team. Well, New Orleans has lost coaching and soon will lose some players. Why they would go lighter on players with other teams, I don't understand your logic. Start multiplying that by every team in the league, the landscape of the NFL will be majorly changed. Instead of running the name of the NFL through the mud anymore than it has with New Orleans, wipe the slate clean, put even more stern penalties in place, and start from scratch. All owners are getting something to sign that basically says, "You have been warned, we assure you that you don't wanna be next after we warned you..."
Doing bounties is about the biggest chickens**t thing a player can do. It's like a child's mentality. But, seeings football is extremely violent, the illegal actions don't contrast that much from the regular game.
I agree it's a crappy thing but I din't wanna see the can of worms open up like what has happened in baseball.

They already did that is the reason Goddell dropped the hammer.

chief31
03-25-2012, 10:17 PM

Do you really think taking little shots at me is going to draw me in?

But make no doubt about it, if a dozen teams were caught, as The Saints have been, The Saints' punishments would get lowered, as the league would be handing softer sentences out to other teams, to avoid having a "scab"-like season.

But that is all aside from the point of you trying to shut up players from exposing facts.

Because yeah, covering the facts up is always the way to deal in reality, isn't it?

Oh, I forgot, honesty and revelation of facts is snitching.

KCraised
03-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Do you really think taking little shots at me is going to draw me in?

But make no doubt about it, if a dozen teams were caught, as The Saints have been, The Saints' punishments would get lowered, as the league would be handing softer sentences out to other teams, to avoid having a "scab"-like season.

But that is all aside from the point of you trying to shut up players from exposing facts.

Because yeah, covering the facts up is always the way to deal in reality, isn't it?

Oh, I forgot, honesty and revelation of facts is snitching.

Trust me, i could care less in "drawing you in". You posted smart *** remarks to MY post. So, get that straight, mr. 31;)
I'm still chuckling at your pro Cassel defensive rants, as the organization tried to replace him this offseason *snicker*

OPLookn
03-26-2012, 10:36 AM

You mean this line? "The dark side offers only hatred and suffering." The one from Yoda in a Star Wars movie? Hmm yeah, bout that. Unless Chief is recruiting you to be a jedi I don't think any cult is involved.

KCraised
03-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Noooo, lol. It was just a joke. He is a pretty insightful guy but i can't let his insightful sayings influence
Me...ecspecially if he is quoting life lessons from a sci fi movie...lol
A jim jones, he is not. Alittle sensitive
But he's alright;)

OPLookn
03-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Noooo, lol. It was just a joke. He is a pretty insightful guy but i can't let his insightful sayings influence
Me...ecspecially if he is quoting life lessons from a sci fi movie...lol
A jim jones, he is not. Alittle sensitive
But he's alright;)

Nah, I say come to the dark side, we have cookies.

KCraised
03-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Nah, I say come to the dark side, we have cookies.

I think i'm supposed to be here, already. I'm holding the friggin' plate...ha

Chiefster
03-27-2012, 10:51 AM
:lol: I love this thread!

chief31
03-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Trust me, i could care less in "drawing you in". You posted smart *** remarks to MY post. So, get that straight, mr. 31;)
I'm still chuckling at your pro Cassel defensive rants, as the organization tried to replace him this offseason *snicker*

It's all good. When your idea of reailty is to hide the truth, how seriously can anybody really take ya?

:D

chief31
03-27-2012, 11:56 AM
You mean this line? "The dark side offers only hatred and suffering." The one from Yoda in a Star Wars movie? Hmm yeah, bout that. Unless Chief is recruiting you to be a jedi I don't think any cult is involved.

Not an actual quote (I don't think), but certainly intended to be a Jedi ideal.

:D

KCraised
03-28-2012, 02:11 PM
No, my point is it will settle nothing...NOTHING. Im not a liar, nor a guy that condones deception. I actually consider myself brutally honest. But, this siutation I would chose to leave alone. And i'm not a fan of narcs, ecspecially when they played the game and it wasn't a problem for that person, then. Sometimes, you let a wound heal itself. And I didn't quote a cgi fictional character to make a statement;)

OPLookn
03-28-2012, 02:18 PM
No, my point is it will settle nothing...NOTHING. Im not a liar. I actually consider myself brutally honest. Sometimes, you let a wound heal itself. And I didn't quote a cgi fictional character to make a statement;)

Not debating this but something smart is smart regardless of where it came from.

KCraised
03-28-2012, 02:21 PM
:lol: I love this thread!

Hey, everybody was bored reading manning threads, right? I figured 31 and myself could keep you all entertained...;-P

KCraised
03-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Not debating this but something smart is smart regardless of where it came from.

Well, smart is smart. But sometimes it can be frickin' hilarious what well you goto to find smart.

chief31
03-28-2012, 07:09 PM
No, my point is it will settle nothing...NOTHING. Im not a liar, nor a guy that condones deception. I actually consider myself brutally honest. But, this siutation I would chose to leave alone. And i'm not a fan of narcs, ecspecially when they played the game and it wasn't a problem for that person, then. Sometimes, you let a wound heal itself. And I didn't quote a cgi fictional character to make a statement;)

I am not saying that all the information has to come out. Just that discouraging honesty is a dishonest policy.

And, I would think that it is probable that a teammate who complains to the public that his team is doing something like this might get a bad rap for his honesty.

Pretty easy to see the motivation for keeping the secret. Especially for a young player who has not had some huge contract. (At that time.) And even once you do become a "star", your image among fellow players would be heavily scarred.

But, once the truth comes out, I see it as a relief to be able to stop the lying for some guys.

Basically, I just don't see what the problem is with telling it like it, truly, factually, is.

chief31
03-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Hey, everybody was bored reading manning threads, right? I figured 31 and myself could keep you all entertained...;-P

Nice distraction while we wait for the draft. :lol:

KCraised
03-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Nice distraction while we wait for the draft. :lol:

So true, 31. Everybody's ready!:)

Chiefster
03-29-2012, 11:20 PM

Succeeded masterfully, the two of you have! :D