PDA

View Full Version : A thought on Manning and the donkeys..

m0ef0e
03-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Hey guys, it's been a long time since my last post. I hope every one is doing well. :bananen_smilies046:

I see a lot of people talking about what will happen if Manning gets hurt.. In other words, how the Broncos will look stupid, be screwed with no QB, etc.

However, given the recent track record of the donk's fan base/front office as to how they treat QB's in Denver, do you think it could be an even worse situation for Manning if he comes out showing a little rust or worse yet: has pretty much lost his touch? Could we see billboards clamoring for Caleb Hanie (or whoever they sign as a backup) as the starting QB by week 6? :lol:

toyotapower
03-24-2012, 02:12 PM
The thing a lot of people are overlooking is the fact that he doesn't have Saturday as his center anymore. Before the snap is what makes manning special, a big part of that was Saturday communicating. I see their offense being a bit off for a while

#58ChiefsFan
03-24-2012, 02:17 PM
The thing about manning is he will have their receivers and whoever their center is working out with him most of the summer. His reputation will make those guys want to come work with him during their off time. Biggest thing he will face is seeing things at game speed for a few quarters after sitting out a year, the Donks will be good this year. We will be a little better though.

Coach
03-24-2012, 08:16 PM
The thing about manning is he will have their receivers and whoever their center is working out with him most of the summer. His reputation will make those guys want to come work with him during their off time. Biggest thing he will face is seeing things at game speed for a few quarters after sitting out a year, the Donks will be good this year. We will be a little better though.

I expect Denver to be good, but I expect KC to be better.

chief31
03-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Hey guys, it's been a long time since my last post. I hope every one is doing well. :bananen_smilies046:

BAH! It's only been about a year and a half. :lol:

I see a lot of people talking about what will happen if Manning gets hurt.. In other words, how the Broncos will look stupid, be screwed with no QB, etc.

However, given the recent track record of the donk's fan base/front office as to how they treat QB's in Denver, do you think it could be an even worse situation for Manning if he comes out showing a little rust or worse yet: has pretty much lost his touch? Could we see billboards clamoring for Caleb Hanie (or whoever they sign as a backup) as the starting QB by week 6? :lol:

I don't wish Peyton any injury issues. But I do hope he can't get "his groove" back.

kcvet
03-24-2012, 09:26 PM
even TV evangelist Pat Robertson chimed in with his take. says Broncos Deserve Peyton Manning Injury For Treating Tim Tebow ‘Shabbily’

azchiefsfan
03-24-2012, 10:08 PM
While I hope he isn't crippled for life, I hope he fails miserably. I still like him, but I think he is stupid for risking his health to come back, and even more stupid for signing with the Donks. There is nothing about that team that suggests they are contenders for the division, much less a Super Bowl team.

N TX Dave
03-24-2012, 10:16 PM
While I hope he isn't crippled for life, I hope he fails miserably. I still like him, but I think he is stupid for risking his health to come back, and even more stupid for signing with the Donks. There is nothing about that team that suggests they are contenders for the division, much less a Super Bowl team.

They won the division last year so until they are dethroned they are the division champs. Now do I think the can repeat NO! I do not want him to get hurt but I hope he can never get back to even 80% of the QB he used to be.

:beat_DeadHorse::donkssuck::chiefs:

Chiefster
03-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Speculation at this point in the game is premature and futile.

matthewschiefs
03-25-2012, 12:23 AM
My thoughts John Elway is doing a fine fine job. His backup plan at qb is the one qb that lost to TYLER FREAKING PALKO. Keep up the good work John

TopekaRoy
03-25-2012, 01:18 AM
My thoughts John Elway is doing a fine fine job. His backup plan at qb is the one qb that lost to TYLER FREAKING PALKO. Keep up the good work John

It just keeps getting better for the Jackasses! They trade Cutler for Orton, then release Orton for Tebow. They pick up Manning and trade Tebow for a 4th and 7th round pick. They release Quinn and we pick him up. Now the Bears release Hanie and the Broncos get him!

They don't do quarterbacks well.

TopekaRoy
03-25-2012, 01:57 AM
Here's an interesting thought. Thought: Bronco fans are speculating that the reason they signed Hanie is because, if Manning goes down early in the season, they want to LOSE as many games as possible to improve their draft position for the following year!

#58ChiefsFan
03-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Here's an interesting thought. Thought: Bronco fans are speculating that the reason they signed Hanie is because, if Manning goes down early in the season, they want to LOSE as many games as possible to improve their draft position for the following year!

If that's true, man I'd hate to be a "fan" of theirs, I wouldn't put it past horse face to think that way though.

#58ChiefsFan
03-25-2012, 09:24 AM
To be honest I want manning to come in and light the feild up like the 2006 Peyton. I'm tired of people saying we are a weak division, toppling the great Peyton Manning on our way to the division crown and beyond is what every fan should be hoping for.

I moved here the same time Manning was drafted and have had to endure the constant glorification of him, I think he is the greatest REGULAR SEASON qb in the history of the league, with the team we have assembled and Romeo as our defensive coordinator I have absolutely no fear of facing Manning twice a year, in fact I'm happy he is in our division. Right or wrong it instantly gave the mainstream media credibility to the AFC West.

azchiefsfan
03-25-2012, 10:50 AM
As I have said numerous times, we don't need any other team to make us look better to the media and other fans. I want Denver, San Diego and Oakland to be 0-16. If we build a strong team we don't have to ask permission from around the country to get to the Super Bowl. All good AFC West competition does is make it more likely we'll have injuries on our way to the Super Bowl. This line of thinking is puzzling(to be kind) to me.

MissingTBone
03-25-2012, 01:37 PM
The only thing bigger than Wlways teeth is his ego!! Crash and burn Donks!! Manning is def one of the greatest qbs ever, BUT..... He has only won 1 SB in all his years, and that year their D was dominant for most of the year. Not sure how the Donks think they're gonna go from a heavy run based offense, to a Peyton Manning like offense in one year without really changing some personnel. Alot of the pieces that helped them achieve all those wins had gelled together for years. Does Peyton upgrade your team?? Yes. Does he mean your gonna win a Super Bowl?? Not by a long shot!! I'd live to see Hellway get canned after this blows up, er wait... No keep him in there!! Go Chiefs!!!

#58ChiefsFan
03-25-2012, 03:04 PM
As I have said numerous times, we don't need any other team to make us look better to the media and other fans. I want Denver, San Diego and Oakland to be 0-16. If we build a strong team we don't have to ask permission from around the country to get to the Super Bowl. All good AFC West competition does is make it more likely we'll have injuries on our way to the Super Bowl. This line of thinking is puzzling(to be kind) to me.

So the chance of getting injured reduces according to a specific teams record?

A strong division keeps your team playing at an extremely high level. Week in week out your team will be better the tougher the games are to win. You go full throttle for 19 weeks to win the super bowl. Ask any colts fan why you never let off the gas week 16, it's the very reason they only won one Lombardi trophy.

azchiefsfan
03-25-2012, 03:20 PM
1) I think 10 full contact games in the regular season would keep our guys in practice. 2) If playing easier teams in the year isn't a benefit, then why do losing teams get easier schedules? According to your logic weak teams should play the hardest teams to have a better chance at a Super Bowl run. Now does that really make sense to you?

BoltWalt
03-25-2012, 04:21 PM
They won the division last year so until they are dethroned they are the division champs. Now do I think the can repeat NO! I do not want him to get hurt but I hope he can never get back to even 80% of the QB he used to be.

:beat_DeadHorse::donkssuck:
Sure they won the division, at 8-8 and tied with the raiders and the Bolts and relying upon tiebreakers to get it done. Their win loss record should improve if Manning can stay healthy through out the season. That is an awfully big IF. I am not that concerned about him being in the division that much because the Bolts have handled him very well in the past, but I am worried in that he will pick up extra wins in general games thus making it harder for the Bolts to have the better W/L record.

Damn I miss me some Football!

BoltWalt
03-25-2012, 04:55 PM
I want Denver, San Diego and Oakland to be 0-16. Impossible when you take into account that they play each other two games each home and away.

#58ChiefsFan
03-25-2012, 04:56 PM
1) I think 10 full contact games in the regular season would keep our guys in practice. 2) If playing easier teams in the year isn't a benefit, then why do losing teams get easier schedules? According to your logic weak teams should play the hardest teams to have a better chance at a Super Bowl run. Now does that really make sense to you?

It's virtually mathematically impossible to have 10 full contact games if your division goes 0-16, 0-16, 0-16, 16-0.

4 AFC opponents are not going to finish with winning records at the same time 4 NFC opponents and 2 divisional opponents who had the same previous standing do. Someone in your division has to step up, I hope it's Manning because I really don't like him as a quarterback and would love to bounce his *** from playoff contention.

You don't find a correlation between the AFC West becoming less competitive and the lack of titles won by said division?

TopekaRoy
03-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Impossible when you take into account that they play each other two games each home and away.

Yeah, that was kind of dumb.

They could all go 1-15, though. I'd be okay with that! :D

#58ChiefsFan
03-25-2012, 05:35 PM
0-14-2 let em tie each other 0-0 twice, it really doesnt matter so long as we have a better record.:chiefs:

TopekaRoy
03-25-2012, 06:02 PM
0-14-2 let em tie each other 0-0 twice, it really doesnt matter so long as we have a better record.:chiefs:

:lol: I forgot about ties. That's even better!

N TX Dave
03-25-2012, 06:21 PM

But now days last year's standing only account for 2 games. So standings only account for 12.5% of the next years schedule. So lets drop easier schedule BS every team in your division plays the same 14 games you do.

Each team plays the other three teams in their division twice: once at home, and once on the road (six games).
Each team plays the four teams from another division within its own conference once on a rotating three-year cycle: two at home, and two on the road (four games).
Each team plays the four teams from a division in the other conference once on a rotating four-year cycle: two at home, and two on the road (four games).
Each team plays once against the other teams in its conference that finished in the same place in their own divisions as themselves the previous season, not counting the division they were already scheduled to play: one at home, one on the road (two games).

azchiefsfan
03-25-2012, 07:01 PM
OK, the internet gotcha game is so cool. I said, and you who answered either don't know how to read or understand context, I DON"T CARE IF THEY WERE 0-16. Meaning it doesn't matter if they don't win a game it doesn't affect us at all. We don't need our AFC West competition to be good for us to be a legitimate team. There now, since I broke it down to 3rd grade level, I can think even you guys can understand this time.:mooning:

TopekaRoy
03-25-2012, 07:16 PM
But now days last year's standing only account for 2 games. So standings only account for 12.5% of the next years schedule. So lets drop easier schedule BS every team in your division plays the same 14 games you do.

Those two games can make a big difference, though. Let's say the Chiefs and Broncos both go 8-6 in the common 14 games. This year the Chiefs play IND (2-14) and BUF (6-10). The Broncos play HOU (10-6) and NE (13-3).

They could lose both and go 8-8 and we could win both and go 10-6.

Maybe.

Theoretically ...

BoltWalt
03-26-2012, 12:23 AM
More like 0-12-4, any team in the division who wants supremacy in the division wants the other teams to tie in their games that they play in division twice both home and away while winning their own games in the division.

dbolan
03-26-2012, 09:28 AM
The only thing bigger than Wlways teeth is his ego!! Crash and burn Donks!! Manning is def one of the greatest qbs ever, BUT..... He has only won 1 SB in all his years, and that year their D was dominant for most of the year. Not sure how the Donks think they're gonna go from a heavy run based offense, to a Peyton Manning like offense in one year without really changing some personnel. Alot of the pieces that helped them achieve all those wins had gelled together for years. Does Peyton upgrade your team?? Yes. Does he mean your gonna win a Super Bowl?? Not by a long shot!! I'd live to see Hellway get canned after this blows up, er wait... No keep him in there!! Go Chiefs!!!

First...Not many make it to the SB and win. How many QB's have we had in the SB? And on top of that, how many AFC titles have we won? How many division titles? Now, compare that to Manning's body of work.

Second...Manning led his team to victory in that SB over the Bears on grass and in the rain.

My point is...Don't take his ability to lightly or downplay the ONE SB win.

TopekaRoy
03-26-2012, 02:49 PM
First...Not many make it to the SB and win. How many QB's have we had in the SB? And on top of that, how many AFC titles have we won? How many division titles? Now, compare that to Manning's body of work.

Second...Manning led his team to victory in that SB over the Bears on grass and in the rain.

My point is...Don't take his ability to lightly or downplay the ONE SB win.

I wouldn't put to much weight on that SB win either.

First, the Bears QB was Rex Grossman!

Second, RB Cedric Benson injured his knee in the first quarter and was out for the rest of the game. The Bears, who were a run team anyway, were depending heavily on being able to run the ball in the rain. Their normally stout defense was slipping and sliding on the soggy field.

Still the Bears were only down by 2 points at halftime and by 5 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Manning completed 25 passes for 258 yds with 1 TD and 1 Int. Not elite numbers, but not bad either. It wasn't so much Manning that won that game, but the 2 headed running attack of Dominic Rhodes (113 yds) and Joseph Addai (77 yds) who combined for 190 yds ruyshing. Addai (a running back!) also was their leading receiver with 10 catches for 66 yds.

The Colts strong run game allowed them to stay on the field for 38:04 to the Bears 21:56. Their defense had 2 interceptions and recovered two Bears fumbles, as well.

Manning is still a very good QB and, if he stays healthy will certainly make the Broncos better than they would have been with Tebow, but that SB win was definitely a team effort. I give credit to Manning for playing a solid game.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Manning doesn't make the Broncos unbeatable. Even ESPN has 7 teams ranked better in their preseason power rankings. It's still a team sport, and I think the Chiefs will have the better team this year.

dbolan
03-27-2012, 07:39 AM
And in Joe Montana's first SB in a pass oriented offense he was 14 of 22 for 157 yds and a TD. Just pitiful.....

TopekaRoy
03-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Who said anything about Montana? I thought we were talking about Manning.

Chiefster
03-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Manning = donkies! Me no likey! :D

KristofLaw
03-29-2012, 04:27 AM
I too would like to see a return to dominance from the AFC West with Kansas City in particular. A problem in that has been San Diego's run at regular season glory, thank god it's just about over. :D

Oh yeah, never really been a fan of Manning (Peyton) since his college days, nor the Broncs so uh, that's my thought on that at the moment.