PDA

View Full Version : BRING PRIEST BACK!!! **official**

m0ef0e
10-08-2007, 03:46 PM
It totally blows my mind how I have gone a complete 180 from the last couple of years screaming, "Just give the ball to LJ!" to, "Oh no, don't give the ball to LJ!"

Blame the o-line all you want but I saw LJ yesterday, take a pitch to the outside and stop right in front of the linebacker, waiting for him to hit him behind the line of scrimmage. If he had run as hard and fast as he could to the outside (where the run was designed to go) he would have been one on one with the corner-- a favorable match-up. That play could have easily gone for 6 or so yards. Instead, LJ stops in the middle of the field on an outside-run and tries to take on a linebacker, letting the corner he could have had a better chance against come over and assist on the tackle.

We need to bring Priest back. He would have gotten the outside and made that corner work to push him our or get him down. It looks like LJ should have been "learning from Priest" while he was here like LJ was supposed to be doing. Instead, he used his time to whine and complain and used his mind for delusions of grandeur.

This running game needs a spark... This running game needs PRIEST!!!

hermhater
10-08-2007, 03:48 PM
We need a lot of things on this team.

Priest seems like he has prepared for his comeback with gusto!

sling58 posted an article praising his physical shape and determination in returning to the field.

I'm glad he has tried to do it here in KC.

I would hate to see him in any other jersey.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 03:55 PM
We need a lot of things on this team.

Priest seems like he has prepared for his comeback with gusto!

sling58 posted an article praising his physical shape and determination in returning to the field.

I'm glad he has tried to do it here in KC.

I would hate to see him in any other jersey.

Hope his insurance is paid up!!!!!!

luv
10-08-2007, 03:57 PM
I waw impressed with Kolby Smith duing preseason, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of him on the field. I mean, if we're giving our young QB a chance, we might as well get some other young talent on the field, too.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 04:08 PM
I waw impressed with Kolby Smith duing preseason, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of him on the field. I mean, if we're giving our young QB a chance, we might as well get some other young talent on the field, too.

Hope his insurance is paid up too! It's going to be the same ole story for all the backs. Atleast it was yesterday.

m0ef0e
10-08-2007, 04:11 PM
LJ is not running. Period. When the play is designed to let the linebacker come free because you are already supposed to be running over a cornerback on the outside and you stop running to wait for the linebacker behind the LOS, you are not running. LJ looks like he's heavier, slower, out of shape and doesn't want to get hurt so he can get as much of that $49 mil as possible.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 04:13 PM
LJ is not running. Period. When the play is designed to let the linebacker come free because you are already supposed to be running over a cornerback on the outside and you stop running to wait for the linebacker behind the LOS, you are not running. LJ looks like he's heavier, slower, out of shape and doesn't want to get hurt so he can get as much of that $49 mil as possible.

What you don't see are the 2 or 3 guys behind that linebacker. There's nowhere to go!

Canada
10-08-2007, 04:14 PM
What you don't see are the 2 or 3 guys behind that linebacker. There's nowhere to go!

So you just lay down then??

m0ef0e
10-08-2007, 04:18 PM

LJ got hit by the linebacker he PLAINLY stopped running in front of 2-yards deep in the backfield. The ONLY other defender to hit him on that particular play was the corner he could have taken one-on-one if he had just kept running to the outside. LJ STOPPED running. That is a huge problem in my eyes.

hermhater
10-08-2007, 04:23 PM
LJ got hit by the linebacker he PLAINLY stopped running in front of 2-yards deep in the backfield. The ONLY other defender to hit him on that particular play was the corner he could have taken one-on-one if he had just kept running to the outside. LJ STOPPED running. That is a huge problem in my eyes.

Seems LJ is using his mega star status to get the running game opened up, by b!tching about everyone but himself.

Perhaps he is trying to force the coaches to get the rest of the team involved in the run before he lays himself all out and gets hurt.

No excuse for the way he is running, but I won't put the blame on any running back when the O line stinks like this.

To be honest I am beginning to think the other team has our gameplan faxed to them the day before the game.

As a matter of fact, it has been pretty easy to call what the offense will do.

Some good passing early in the game for the first drive, anyway.

The missed field goal was not Rayners fault. He missed on purpose to avoid having the kick blocked with worse consequences.

Some dude from the Jags jumped right over our deep snapper, and if he would have kicked it straight it would have been even uglier.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 04:24 PM
So you just lay down then??

Not lay down but I don't think like some others do that he should stay on his feet get pounded and eventually get the ball ripped out of his hands by one of the three guys tackling him! Happens all the time, guys try to do too much and get the ball ripped out.

Canada
10-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Not lay down but I don't think like some others do that he should stay on his feet get pounded and eventually get the ball ripped out of his hands by one of the three guys tackling him! Happens all the time, guys try to do too much and get the ball ripped out.

hmmmm....seems fair for $45 million. :bananen_smilies046:

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 04:31 PM
hmmmm....seems fair for $45 million. :bananen_smilies046:
Helps their team lose too!!!

Canada
10-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Helps their team lose too!!!

:sign0153:

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 04:37 PM
:sign0153:
Seems you want him to continue fighting for yards when 3 guys are tackling him. This leads to turnovers therefore helping the team lose.

Canada
10-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Seems you want him to continue fighting for yards when 3 guys are tackling him. This leads to turnovers therefore helping the team lose.

I bet no one would come after him if he ran the other way. I don't like guys fighting for yards either. I am so sick of see Bowe catching the ball and then running. Risking possible turnovers. Just selfish if u ask me. LJ has the right idea. Take the handoff and then look for a comfy place to fall down so he does not drop the ball. Good game plan.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 04:43 PM
I bet no one would come after him if he ran the other way. I don't like guys fighting for yards either. I am so sick of see Bowe catching the ball and then running. Risking possible turnovers. Just selfish if u ask me. LJ has the right idea. Take the handoff and then look for a comfy place to fall down so he does not drop the ball. Good game plan.

Your a big kid, maybe we should see if you can get the ball a few times. See how that works out. Better yet, maybe we can set up a one on one between you and LJ so you can give him a few tips on how to run the ball when an entire defensive unit is chasing you.

Canada
10-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Your a big kid, maybe we should see if you can get the ball a few times. See how that works out. Better yet, maybe we can set up a one on one between you and LJ so you can give him a few tips on how to run the ball when an entire defensive unit is chasing you.

Why....I like the lay down thing. It really is a good play. No turnovers. If we wanted him to run the ball and earn some yards we should have paid him like what...$45 million.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Why....I like the lay down thing. It really is a good play. No turnovers. If we wanted him to run the ball and earn some yards we should have paid him like what...$45 million.

I guess the guy in SD is really earning his money too huh? Your right, he wasn't worth it either!

Canada
10-08-2007, 04:48 PM
I guess the guy in SD is really earning his money too huh? Your right, he wasn't worth it either!

Did he play yesterday?? How did he do??

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Uhhh 21 rushes for 61 yards! Impressive!

Canada
10-08-2007, 04:53 PM
He shoulda just laid down to and he coulda tied LJs 12. Let me tell you that there are reasons that I think you are an idiot. This logic is one. Don't fight for yards cause u might fumble. Do you honestly believe that or do u just like to argue??

m0ef0e
10-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Uhhh 21 rushes for 61 yards! Impressive!

Meanwhile his back-up went for 147 yards and a TD. Oh yeah, I forgot that over-rated running backs are not a problem when they don't produce and it's the line's fault.

We need Priest!

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 04:57 PM
He shoulda just laid down to and he coulda tied LJs 12. Let me tell you that there are reasons that I think you are an idiot. This logic is one. Don't fight for yards cause u might fumble. Do you honestly believe that or do u just like to argue??

Well, I do like to piss you off #1. I do believe that when 3 guys are tackling you yes you should fall down because they are taught that when there are that many on a guy, one of them is to rip the ball. Remember silly, your Chiefs use to be one of the best at it!

Canada
10-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Well, I do like to piss you off #1. I do believe that when 3 guys are tackling you yes you should fall down because they are taught that when there are that many on a guy, one of them is to rip the ball. Remember silly, your Chiefs use to be one of the best at it!

Weird cause I have seen a lot of guys fight for yards....and actually make plays. Kinda contributed to the offense we used to have.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Meanwhile his back-up went for 147 yards and a TD. Oh yeah, I forgot that over-rated running backs are not a problem when they don't produce and it's the line's fault.

We need Priest!
Why, so we can say bad things about him when he gets killed too. Or would it be a pity party and say " well atleast he tried"? You saw what our backups did.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Weird cause I have seen a lot of guys fight for yards....and actually make plays. Kinda contributed to the offense we used to have.
Yea, I think the line may have had juuuuuuust a little bit to do with the way our offense ran in those days but what do I know?

Canada
10-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Yea, I think the line may have had juuuuuuust a little bit to do with the way our offense ran in those days but what do I know?

Would you like to stray more of topic so that you can convince yourself that you are right about something. You bore me....go do some work or something.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Would you like to stray more of topic so that you can convince yourself that you are right about something. You bore me....go do some work or something.
Let's see, topic, what is that? We were talking football!!

Work, overrated! I don't do that!:toast2:

Canada
10-08-2007, 05:09 PM

We were talking about why LJ dosen't make an effort anymore. Fortunately you showed up and made the brilliant statement that he should not try for extra yards as he may fumble the ball.

Work...I am not surprised

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 05:10 PM
We were talking about why LJ dosen't make an effort anymore. Fortunately you showed up and made the brilliant statement that he should not try for extra yards as he may fumble the ball.

It's lonely at the top bud!!!

Did the backups give any effort in you opinion?? I think you know where I'm going here.

Canada
10-08-2007, 05:11 PM

Did the backups give any effort in you opinion?? I think you know where I'm going here.

Do they get paid the same?? Try being a team leader.

hermhater
10-08-2007, 05:11 PM

This is all in fun right?

You guys love each other deep down right?

:D :lol: :toast2: :sign0098: :beer:

m0ef0e
10-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Why, so we can say bad things about him when he gets killed too. Or would it be a pity party and say " well atleast he tried"? You saw what our backups did.

You're right. I saw our rookie back-up (Kolby Smith) put up more production than LJ did the whole game on only two pass plays! :lol: :sign0104:

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 05:20 PM
You're right. I saw our rookie back-up (Kolby Smith) put up more production than LJ did the whole game on only two pass plays! :lol: :sign0104:

Yea, both were beyond the line of scrimmage. He caught the ball! Yea!

Lj's, behind the line of scrimmage.:funnypost:

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Do they get paid the same?? Try being a team leader.
I think everyone knows he's not a team leader! Including him probably.

m0ef0e
10-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Yea, both were beyond the line of scrimmage. He caught the ball! Yea!

Lj's, behind the line of scrimmage.:funnypost:

Point taken.

Our rookie receiver is running harder and playing more physical when he has the ball than LJ is right now. The blind can see this.

chief31
10-08-2007, 05:40 PM

You are clearly exaggerating. He was doing alot of laying down, even with just one tackler. And the fact is that if it is worth it to fight for the extra yard when you get past the line of scrimmage, then it is worth it all the time.

I made a statement the other day, that LJ is great at spinning, twisting and squirming for the extra yard, or two. But he only seems to do it, when he is past the line. I believ that you fight for all of it.

Let's see... Oh, only one attempt for the backups. Tough to make a comparison.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you some s*** this morning, but appearently, you are getting plenty of it right now.

I do agree the bulk of the blame doesn't belong to LJ. It is the fact that Herm ignored his offensive line, during the off season. The offensive line is, beyond any doubt, the real problem here.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 05:46 PM
You are clearly exaggerating. He was doing alot of laying down, even with just one tackler. And the fact is that if it is worth it to fight for the extra yard when you get past the line of scrimmage, then it is worth it all the time.

I made a statement the other day, that LJ is great at spinning, twisting and squirming for the extra yard, or two. But he only seems to do it, when he is past the line. I believ that you fight for all of it.

Let's see... Oh, only one attempt for the backups. Tough to make a comparison.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you some s*** this morning, but appearently, you are getting plenty of it right now.

I do agree the bulk of the blame doesn't belong to LJ. It is the fact that Herm ignored his offensive line, during the off season. The offensive line is, beyond any doubt, the real problem here.

It's all good!! I'm not saying he is running as hard as he should, but I know it's got to be wearing on him as well it would any other back that he is basically running to get back to the line of scrimmage as opposed for a 2 yard loss. That in it's self has to take something outta ya! Either way, it's going to end up with a punt so ya know?

3rd down percentage yesterday...28%! Pathetic!

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Point taken.

Our rookie receiver is running harder and playing more physical when he has the ball than LJ is right now. The blind can see this.
Our rookie receiver is able to get positive yardage right now. Pass the ball to LJ on a screen beyond the line a few times and I bet his effort may increase.

m0ef0e
10-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Our rookie receiver is able to get positive yardage right now. Pass the ball to LJ on a screen beyond the line a few times and I bet his effort may increase.

There's a constructive idea. That may just be the thing he needs to get going. However, one of our biggest problems running the screen right now is the fact that McIntosh is so slow, he can't get on his block in time, usually leaving a free linebacker to nail LJ as soon as he gets the ball.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 06:05 PM
There's a constructive idea. That may just be the thing he needs to get going. However, one of our biggest problems running the screen right now is the fact that McIntosh is so slow, he can't get on his block in time, usually leaving a free linebacker to nail LJ as soon as he gets the ball.

Which aaaaaaaalllllllll brings me back to my point! THE O LINE SUCKS!!!!

Atleast if we got him the ball past the line, he would have a shot at making a LB miss and get some positive yardage.????

texaschief
10-08-2007, 06:06 PM
maybe we should've traded LJ before the draft...like some ppl on this board said. :11:

We may have landed a good CB and a couple high draft picks to start drafting Linemen. Like some of y'all have suggested we should've done instead of Bowe or Hali.

I had a feeling LJ would start playing soft as soon as he got his contract. Plus, its not like you can talk to the guy about his play...he'll just start to throw a fit and turn into T.O.

McLovin
10-08-2007, 06:14 PM
maybe we should've traded LJ before the draft...like some ppl on this board said. :11:

We may have landed a good CB and a couple high draft picks to start drafting Linemen. Like some of y'all have suggested we should've done instead of Bowe or Hali.

I had a feeling LJ would start playing soft as soon as he got his contract. Plus, its not like you can talk to the guy about his play...he'll just start to throw a fit and turn into T.O.
Like we should have let Phinisee go, or traded Neil Smith or maybe since Tony didn't get the record breaking TD yet we should get rid of him. LJ is the biggest stud on the team, I think givin time Bowe is going to be right there with LJ, now LJ has a lot of career left in him and Bowe is brand new, Hali is going to be a stud for some time to come, I feel that Tank and Turk have potentioal to be great, Also we took a chance on Tyron Brackenridge and he has a huge upside. There are times I am glad a lot of you aren't coaches regardless of his stat line right now, it would be the single BIGGEST mistake in franchise history to let LJ go. We need to just go out and get him some protection and have someone under center that can throw deep (Croyle maybe but if not get rid of him) to take some of the heat off LJ. With Bowe and LJ both plus a few other offensive studs with long term potential this could be a team to be reckoned with. My 2 cents.

m0ef0e
10-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Which aaaaaaaalllllllll brings me back to my point! THE O LINE SUCKS!!!!

Atleast if we got him the ball past the line, he would have a shot at making a LB miss and get some positive yardage.????

I agree that the o-line is not exempt from any blame here. LJ seems like he can't (or doesn't want to) make any LB's miss right now, though. He is freezing when he sees them coming now. A far cry from the LJ I once knew...

Would be nice to have had somebody playing Law's side yesterday with some energy/intensity!

I can't say anything bad about Bowe or Hali. Both great acquisitions if you ask me. Instead of drafting some linemen this year, I agree with Hillbilly: We could have really made some improvements to our o-line through free agency this year.

chief31
10-08-2007, 06:16 PM

Trade LJ? I like it and I liked it then. Nothing against LJ, then or now, but without the awesome O-line we had before, he was destined to struggle.

As far as Bowe and Hali... I keep my position. While I like both, obviously the O-line needed to be addressed. No?

m0ef0e
10-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Trade LJ? I like it and I liked it then. Nothing against LJ, then or now, but without the awesome O-line we had before, he was destined to struggle.

As far as Bowe and Hali... I keep my position. While I like both, obviously the O-line needed to be addressed. No?

We should have made a bid for Faneca. We have the cap room.

McLovin
10-08-2007, 06:22 PM
So your saying LJ is ok, but without the awesome line we had he is nothing. Then why not trade him to Denver or San Diego, or even the faders. Would you wanna go up against him twice a year. Didn't think so. So sick of hearing how bad LJ is. LJ has been the single best player on the team since Priest got hurt. I would love to see him and Priest in the backfield together again and with D-Bowe in as WR, still having TG at Tight End and through Broyle in the mix and let him be a gun slinger much like Favre and Romo. That would be a force.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 06:23 PM
I agree that the o-line is not exempt from any blame here. LJ seems like he can't (or doesn't want to) make any LB's miss right now, though. He is freezing when he sees them coming now. A far cry from the LJ I once knew...

Would be nice to have had somebody playing Law's side yesterday with some energy/intensity!

I can't say anything bad about Bowe or Hali. Both great acquisitions if you ask me. Instead of drafting some linemen this year, I agree with Hillbilly: We could have really made some improvements to our o-line through free agency this year.

Oh man it pisses me off every time I think of the guys that were signed in the offseason!!!!!!!!! Steamin mad! We had sooooooo much money and we still do, and we didn't spend a dime of it up front for some real good FA's!

chief31
10-08-2007, 06:23 PM
We should have made a bid for Faneca. We have the cap room.

He is expected to hit the market this offseason. I would love to have him, but that would not be nearly enough. Unfortunately, whatever we might do for the O-line, this offseason, will not have the full impact for likely, a full year.

m0ef0e
10-08-2007, 06:30 PM
So your saying LJ is ok, but without the awesome line we had he is nothing. Then why not trade him to Denver or San Diego, or even the faders. Would you wanna go up against him twice a year. Didn't think so. So sick of hearing how bad LJ is. LJ has been the single best player on the team since Priest got hurt. I would love to see him and Priest in the backfield together again and with D-Bowe in as WR, still having TG at Tight End and through Broyle in the mix and let him be a gun slinger much like Favre and Romo. That would be a force.

Delusions of grandeur. Croyle would be getting tee'd off on all day with our lack of a running threat. Huard is far better than Brodie at sensing the rush from behind him and stepping up in the pocket. But you know what? I'm done defending this. Put the kid in and let's watch him get killed and lose the ball when he gets nailed on the blind-side rush.

He is expected to hit the market this offseason. I would love to have him, but that would not be nearly enough. Unfortunately, whatever we might do for the O-line, this offseason, will not have the full impact for likely, a full year.

I though he was on the market this last offseason?

chief31
10-08-2007, 06:45 PM

He was trying to get traded. They frenchised him and he has vowed to leave, at seasons end.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Delusions of grandeur. Croyle would be getting tee'd off on all day with our lack of a running threat. Huard is far better than Brodie at sensing the rush from behind him and stepping up in the pocket. But you know what? I'm done defending this. Put the kid in and let's watch him get killed and lose the ball when he gets nailed on the blind-side rush.

Faneca still had one year on his contract in Pittsburgh. I do think there is a strong possibilty that he may end up in Az with Russ Grimm. He has already said he would like to reunite with him and Whisenhunt.

m0ef0e
10-08-2007, 07:03 PM
He was trying to get traded. They frenchised him and he has vowed to leave, at seasons end.

Faneca still had one year on his contract in Pittsburgh. I do think there is a strong possibilty that he may end up in Az with Russ Grimm. He has already said he would like to reunite with him and Whisenhunt.

I see. Thank you guys for clearing that up for me. :sign0098:

I'm outta here for now. Take care crowd!

GIVE US PRIEST!!! #31 FOREVER!!!:yahoo:

texaschief
10-08-2007, 08:23 PM
lets trade LJ now while he has value and draft McFadden out of Arkansas with the higher pick and then an O-lineman with the later pick in the first. Make Samuel THE priority in the offseason and sign some big FA's for the line and hope Brodie can put it all together.:beer: :drunkhb:

chief31
10-08-2007, 08:32 PM
lets trade LJ now while he has value and draft McFadden out of Arkansas with the higher pick and then an O-lineman with the later pick in the first. Make Samuel THE priority in the offseason and sign some big FA's for the line and hope Brodie can put it all together.:beer: :drunkhb:
I doubt that LJ has much value, with his current contract. And rarely does any real O-line talent hit the open market. Even Faneca isn't a sure thing to hit the market. But if everything you have suggested would work, then I would be all for it. And we may not even need to use the first first-round pick on a runningback. With LJ gone, maybe Kolby Smith brings something to the table. He can't perform any worse than LJ is right now.

texaschief
10-08-2007, 08:36 PM
And we may not even need to use the first first-round pick on a runningback. With LJ gone, maybe Kolby Smith brings something to the table. He can't perform any worse than LJ is right now.

i like Kolby. he could be just as good as Bush in Oakland. But McFadden is a super athlete! He can throw the ball as well. That gives the team options. If he's not a RB prospect, he could be a QB prospect, both of which are quetion marks going into next season.

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 08:39 PM
i like Kolby. he could be just as good as Bush in Oakland. But McFadden is a super athlete! He can throw the ball as well. That gives the team options. If he's not a RB prospect, he could be a QB prospect, both of which are quetion marks going into next season.
We need something!

chief31
10-08-2007, 08:41 PM

I just hope that LJs failures will enlighten Herm to the value of offensive linemen and he will put a greater emphasis on bringing in talent.

I know that you and I have had this argument before, but Herm has still never drafted an offensive lineman before the third round.

hermhater
10-08-2007, 08:48 PM
I just hope that LJs failures will enlighten Herm to the value of offensive linemen and he will put a greater emphasis on bringing in talent.

I know that you and I have had this argument before, but Herm has still never drafted an offensive lineman before the third round.

I hear people say all the time that the quarterback is the most important guy on the field.

I disagree.

I think it is the tackle you get to protect your QB's blind side.

We need a big ol' corn fed Midwestern farm boy to come in and dominate!

texaschief
10-08-2007, 08:49 PM

if you look at OUR line on paper, he hasn't had to.

rbedgood
10-08-2007, 09:18 PM
I doubt that LJ has much value, with his current contract. And rarely does any real O-line talent hit the open market. Even Faneca isn't a sure thing to hit the market. But if everything you have suggested would work, then I would be all for it. And we may not even need to use the first first-round pick on a runningback. With LJ gone, maybe Kolby Smith brings something to the table. He can't perform any worse than LJ is right now.

I bet Tampa Bay having lost Cadillac and Pittman the last 2 games would gladly give good value for LJ. They have an O-line he could run behind, but as an NFC team it wouldn't hurt KC as much as sending him to an AFC rival.

Personally I don't think the problem is LJ's skills as much as his frustration level and somewhat his immaturity. I agree with the comment that fighting to get to the LOS should be as important as fighting to get the last yard out of each run past the LOS. However if you are continually being swamped behind the line, frustration sets in and its pretty obvious LJ isn't handling it well.

hermhater
10-08-2007, 09:23 PM

I bet Tampa Bay having lost Cadillac and Pittman the last 2 games would gladly give good value for LJ. They have an O-line he could run behind, but as an NFC team it wouldn't hurt KC as much as sending him to an AFC rival.

Personally I don't think the problem is LJ's skills as much as his frustration level and somewhat his immaturity. I agree with the comment that fighting to get to the LOS should be as important as fighting to get the last yard out of each run past the LOS. However if you are continually being swamped behind the line, frustration sets in and its pretty obvious LJ isn't handling it well.

Would Tampa Bay pay as much as we did?

Do they have to if he goes there?

McLovin
10-08-2007, 09:53 PM
This is really starting to get annoying, Now I am calling out a couple of bandwagon fans. Yep you to 31. I cant believe that after a few bad games by the o-line, you throw the stud under the bus. I am guessing (havent been here long enough to know) but guessin that when LJ was on a streak you were two of the biggest fans of LJ. I will state again if LJ is traded it would be the BIGGEST mistake that this franchise could make. The only thing good that could come out of trading LJ would be that King Carl and Herm would possibly be seen for the team killing people they really are and may both be fired. Most on here talk of worthless draft picks, they talk of we cant give the ball to LJ 416 times again and kill him, But LJ is one of the best and most productive draft picks of any team in recent years, remember McGahee was picked ahead of him and so far he is a total bust. And now he has a down month, oooh and wants paid for what he is, and there are those on here that want to trade him. I have an idea lets keep the wallet closed, give away LJ so we don't have to pay the contract, in the meantime lets quit playing D-Bowe because if he gets good he will want money also. Lets ride the old tired veterans until they cant play ever again. Then try to start the rookies who are now in their 7th year without starting because we are afraid of losing a game, and losing most games, because if talent wants paid we refuse to pay them and then we trade them off. This kind of talking is getting almost as tiring as the bickering.

hermhater
10-08-2007, 09:59 PM
This is really starting to get annoying, Now I am calling out a couple of bandwagon fans. Yep you to 31. I cant believe that after a few bad games by the o-line, you throw the stud under the bus. I am guessing (havent been here long enough to know) but guessin that when LJ was on a streak you were two of the biggest fans of LJ. I will state again if LJ is traded it would be the BIGGEST mistake that this franchise could make. The only thing good that could come out of trading LJ would be that King Carl and Herm would possibly be seen for the team killing people they really are and may both be fired. Most on here talk of worthless draft picks, they talk of we cant give the ball to LJ 416 times again and kill him, But LJ is one of the best and most productive draft picks of any team in recent years, remember McGahee was picked ahead of him and so far he is a total bust. And now he has a down month, oooh and wants paid for what he is, and there are those on here that want to trade him. I have an idea lets keep the wallet closed, give away LJ so we don't have to pay the contract, in the meantime lets quit playing D-Bowe because if he gets good he will want money also. Lets ride the old tired veterans until they cant play ever again. Then try to start the rookies who are now in their 7th year without starting because we are afraid of losing a game, and losing most games, because if talent wants paid we refuse to pay them and then we trade them off. This kind of talking is getting almost as tiring as the bickering.

Dude I agree with most of what you said.

Just one thing. Could you use the Enter key on your keyboard a couple of times per post?

It gets hard to read when it is all jumbled together.

Just a thought!

:sign0098::beer: :toast2:

texaschief
10-08-2007, 10:11 PM

umm, i'm pretty sure 31 and i were talking about trading LJ before this year's draft AFTER his great season last year... i've got no problem paying players as long as they're leaders on the team and don't pout when things go wrong. It's already been stated on this board that it's obvious that he's not running like he did the past couple seasons. LJ could just as easily be a leader on this team as a cancer. Seems like he's heading to be the ladder.

TB would be a nice place to trade him. They've got a small cap number and might be willing to part with a couple draft picks, especially to be a contender in the weak NFC and an even weaker divison with Vick and Delhome out and the Saints not playing well.

hmm

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2007, 10:17 PM
umm, i'm pretty sure 31 and i were talking about trading LJ before this year's draft AFTER his great season last year... i've got no problem paying players as long as they're leaders on the team and don't pout when things go wrong. It's already been stated on this board that it's obvious that he's not running like he did the past couple seasons. LJ could just as easily be a leader on this team as a cancer. Seems like he's heading to be the ladder.

TB would be a nice place to trade him. They've got a small cap number and might be willing to part with a couple draft picks, especially to be a contender in the weak NFC and an even weaker divison with Vick and Delhome out and the Saints not playing well.

hmm

You guys are out of your minds if you think he is going anywhere! So we can put that talk to rest!

As far as the leader thing goes, there have been quite a few big time players that are not leaders on their teams.

McLovin
10-08-2007, 10:23 PM
I hear people say all the time that the quarterback is the most important guy on the field.

I disagree.

I think it is the tackle you get to protect your QB's blind side.

We need a big ol' corn fed Midwestern farm boy to come in and dominate!

Draft from the Big Ten, Some Big Ten Alumni are Iowas (Bob Sanders, Chad Greenway, John Alt, Casey Wiegmann, Robert Gallery, (he is a stud he is just on the faders Would love to trade for him.) and Eric Steinbach, just to name a few. Also there is AJ Hawk, Napolean Harris, Shaun Phillips and Luis Castillo. Now this is just a short list but there are a lot of corn fed Midwestern Farm Boys in the big ten that would be a great pickup for 0 or D line. BTW Among those not O-Line or D-Line are Tom Brady, Trent Green, and Larry Johnson. Not a bad list even though it is a shortened list. I do know Iowa best and I know that there are some studs coming out of Iowa this year, most will be flying below the radar but like the media most of the Chiefs coaches seem to go with people from the SEC and think if you aren't on USC or Florida your not worth drafting, although from what I hear the O-Line at LSU is pretty stout also ... been a lot of studs at LSU including one D-Bowe. Maybe he will talk the coach into bringing in a couple of his O-Line Buddies. Is there anything saying you cant go to college and pull ppl to the NFL in the middle of the year? Just wondering.

McLovin
10-08-2007, 10:25 PM
Dude I agree with most of what you said.

Just one thing. Could you use the Enter key on your keyboard a couple of times per post?

It gets hard to read when it is all jumbled together.

Just a thought!

:sign0098::beer: :toast2:
Gotcha .. got in trouble for this in my college english classes also. Just when I get in a rant I just type lol.

hermhater
10-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Draft from the Big Ten, Some Big Ten Alumni are Iowas (Bob Sanders, Chad Greenway, John Alt, Casey Wiegmann, Robert Gallery, (he is a stud he is just on the faders Would love to trade for him.) and Eric Steinbach, just to name a few. Also there is AJ Hawk, Napolean Harris, Shaun Phillips and Luis Castillo. Now this is just a short list but there are a lot of corn fed Midwestern Farm Boys in the big ten that would be a great pickup for 0 or D line. BTW Among those not O-Line or D-Line are Tom Brady, Trent Green, and Larry Johnson. Not a bad list even though it is a shortened list. I do know Iowa best and I know that there are some studs coming out of Iowa this year, most will be flying below the radar but like the media most of the Chiefs coaches seem to go with people from the SEC and think if you aren't on USC or Florida your not worth drafting, although from what I hear the O-Line at LSU is pretty stout also ... been a lot of studs at LSU including one D-Bowe. Maybe he will talk the coach into bringing in a couple of his O-Line Buddies. Is there anything saying you cant go to college and pull ppl to the NFL in the middle of the year? Just wondering.

I'm thinking they have to declare themselves eligible for the draft, and since they are playing ball now, it doesn't seem realistic to me.

rbedgood?

texaschief
10-08-2007, 10:40 PM
i didn't want to start a new thread for this, but i just read on ESPN.com that Limus Sweed, WR for the Longhorns will be out the rest of the season with a wrist injury. If he could've had a season close to what he did last year, he would've set Longhorn WR records. This guy could be better than Roy Williams and with that wrist injury, he could fall in the draft.

Could we be willing to take another reciever in the first 2, maybe 3 rounds? It would be really nice to see Bowe, Sweed and Webb as our big 3.

rbedgood
10-09-2007, 01:00 AM
I'm thinking they have to declare themselves eligible for the draft, and since they are playing ball now, it doesn't seem realistic to me.

rbedgood?

You are correct sir...and dang I'm good...

The attached link is to the NFL CBA...Section 2 deals with eligibility for play in the NFL...(d) states that no player is eligible to be employed by an NFL club until he has been eligible for selection in an NFL draft.

http://www.nflpa.org/cba/cba_pdf/Article_XVI_College_Draft.pdf

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 01:07 AM

LJ is just as whiny as this post. It's true. Get over it and let him "learn" behind a player with heart again. I would rather see Barry Sanders come out of retirement for the Chiefs than hear about another week with LJ storming out of the locker room because he can't follow the called play to the outside and hit a CB...

hermhater
10-09-2007, 01:12 AM

rbedgood?

You are correct sir...and dang I'm good...

The attached link is to the NFL CBA...Section 2 deals with eligibility for play in the NFL...(d) states that no player is eligible to be employed by an NFL club until he has been eligible for selection in an NFL draft.

http://www.nflpa.org/cba/cba_pdf/Article_XVI_College_Draft.pdf

Wow!

I might have gotten something right!

I am not a football god like most people on the site, but I do know some basic rules, and even get some calls on plays, and players performance (as well as coaching calls), but this calls for a ceremony.

I demand a trophy!

:lol:

hermhater
10-09-2007, 01:13 AM
LJ is just as whiny as this post. It's true. Get over it and let him "learn" behind a player with heart again. I would rather see Barry Sanders come out of retirement for the Chiefs than hear about another week with LJ storming out of the locker room because he can't follow the called play to the outside and hit a CB...

If Priest can teach him, I am all for it!

Bring back the Priest!

texaschief
10-09-2007, 02:08 AM
yeah, let LJ learn from Priest...that'll go over REAL well. ya know, since they have such a great relationship and all. :lol:

hermhater
10-09-2007, 02:11 AM
yeah, let LJ learn from Priest...that'll go over REAL well. ya know, since they have such a great relationship and all. :lol:
This ain't working what we got right now.

rbedgood
10-09-2007, 02:14 AM
Wow!

I might have gotten something right!

I am not a football god like most people on the site, but I do know some basic rules, and even get some calls on plays, and players performance (as well as coaching calls), but this calls for a ceremony.

I demand a trophy!

:lol:

Here's your trophy

http://re3.mm-a2.yimg.com/image/2331471089 (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fs earch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dloser%2Btrophy%26toggle%3D1%2 6cop%3Dmss%26ei%3DUTF-8%26ni%3D21%26fr%3Dyfp-t-501%26b%3D85&w=220&h=280&imgurl=www.trophies2go.com%2Fimages%2Fproductimage s%2Fduker.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.trophies2go.com%2Findex.php% 3Fsection%3Dcategory%26amp%3Bproduct%3D7075&size=37.9kB&name=duker.jpg&p=loser+trophy&type=jpeg&no=102&tt=107&oid=03bbfffc6b1c56e6&ei=UTF-8)

YZILLA
10-09-2007, 03:25 AM
http://media.putfile.com/LJ-Going-nowhere

chief31
10-09-2007, 09:01 PM

I jsut don't see LJ the same way that so many do. I wanted him traded from the tim last season ended. He is a one-trick pony with a bad attitude.

Yes, when he is wearing the chiefs uniform, I root for him. But I didn't want him wearing the red uniform this season, becuse I forsaw his production dropping considerably. And now, while he is wearing a Chiefs uniform, I still want him to have all of the success in the world.

I would have been fine with LJ having a big season as a Green Bay Packer and watching the Chiefs struggle to run the ball, the listening to all of the "I told you so"s. Eventhough I would have had no way of showing them that even LJ couldn't run behind this O-line. Now, I take percious little solice in the "I told you so", because it isn't doing my team any good. That does not make me happy.

Perhaps CP and Herm would be fired if that happened. Another pair of big plusse, if you ask me. Then, we would have a whole new organization, with a terrific start for whomever (Cowher/Marty) should come in to coach. They would start with a young talented defense and a top-flight young WR. Not to mention a large quantity of draft picks and some spending money.

The primary difference between you and I, on this subject, is that I see most of LJs prior success more as the success of an offensive line, while you see it as more of the LJ show.

We could argue that, but considering what is currently happening to LJ, without that Line situation, I think you may want to wait until after we play the Bengals with their 32nd ranked run-defense. I think you will need some ammo for that discussion and the Bengals should most definitely supply.

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 11:21 PM
I jsut don't see LJ the same way that so many do. I wanted him traded from the tim last season ended. He is a one-trick pony with a bad attitude.

Yes, when he is wearing the chiefs uniform, I root for him. But I didn't want him wearing the red uniform this season, becuse I forsaw his production dropping considerably. And now, while he is wearing a Chiefs uniform, I still want him to have all of the success in the world.

I would have been fine with LJ having a big season as a Green Bay Packer and watching the Chiefs struggle to run the ball, the listening to all of the "I told you so"s. Eventhough I would have had no way of showing them that even LJ couldn't run behind this O-line. Now, I take percious little solice in the "I told you so", because it isn't doing my team any good. That does not make me happy.

Perhaps CP and Herm would be fired if that happened. Another pair of big plusse, if you ask me. Then, we would have a whole new organization, with a terrific start for whomever (Cowher/Marty) should come in to coach. They would start with a young talented defense and a top-flight young WR. Not to mention a large quantity of draft picks and some spending money.

The primary difference between you and I, on this subject, is that I see most of LJs prior success more as the success of an offensive line, while you see it as more of the LJ show.

We could argue that, but considering what is currently happening to LJ, without that Line situation, I think you may want to wait until after we play the Bengals with their 32nd ranked run-defense. I think you will need some ammo for that discussion and the Bengals should most definitely supply.

So what your saying is it is a show down to see who has the crappiest guys up front?

m0ef0e
10-10-2007, 02:39 AM
#31 IS THE ANSWER!!!

rbedgood
10-10-2007, 03:53 AM
#31 IS THE ANSWER!!!

Yeah if you were getting 100 rushing yards per game, you subtract #31 and you multiply that by your 2 HOF lineman and then subtract #77 and #68, and add in #27, and add the 11 ineffective guys on the field and you get #31...so yeah he must be the answer...:yahoo: :yahoo:

100-31=69
69*2=138
138-145=-7
-7+27=20
20+11=31

hermhater
10-10-2007, 03:57 AM
Yeah if you were getting 100 rushing yards per game, you subtract #31 and you multiply that by your 2 HOF lineman and then subtract #77 and #68, and add in #27, and add the 11 ineffective guys on the field and you get #31...so yeah he must be the answer...:yahoo: :yahoo:

100-31=69
69*2=138
138-145=-7
-7+27=20
20+11=31

Dude I haven't done the research, but if that math is right then that was too quick.

You had that saved up.

Good call if it's right.

Of course it's right it is on a public forum, and rbedgood is representing our team!

rbedgood
10-10-2007, 04:12 AM
Dude I haven't done the research, but if that math is right then that was too quick.

You had that saved up.

Good call if it's right.

Of course it's right it is on a public forum, and rbedgood is representing our team!

I research faster than a speeding bullet...

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 09:39 AM

100-31=69
69*2=138
138-145=-7
-7+27=20
20+11=31

Nice! :lol::lol:

chief31
10-10-2007, 10:25 AM
So what your saying is it is a show down to see who has the crappiest guys up front?
As I said, I predicted that LJ would have bad numbers because of this O-line and you chose to not believe me. The basic point is currently made. LJ had damn-well better have a big game against the 32nd ranked run defense, this weekend, or what will it look like then? Talk about ugly!

#31 IS THE ANSWER!!!
Aww, thanks mOefOe. I try.:lol:

DrunkHillbilly
10-10-2007, 11:41 AM
As I said, I predicted that LJ would have bad numbers because of this O-line and you chose to not believe me. The basic point is currently made. LJ had damn-well better have a big game against the 32nd ranked run defense, this weekend, or what will it look like then? Talk about ugly!

Aww, thanks mOefOe. I try.:lol:
Well, if their crappy D line is better than our crappy O line, it would be more of the same wouldn't it? A run D has more than the guys up front to do with it and our guys up front are the problem. So, when their LB's and safety's help their front line, it spells bad news for our O line which in turn may lead to a continuing feeble running game!

rbedgood
10-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Well, if their crappy D line is better than our crappy O line, it would be more of the same wouldn't it? A run D has more than the guys up front to do with it and our guys up front are the problem. So, when their LB's and safety's help their front line, it spells bad news for our O line which in turn may lead to a continuing feeble running game!

And for the 2nd week in a row you guys are facing a defense coming off of its bye week (2 weeks of preparation). Fortunately you won't run into any more of those this year.

As for your comments about this week, yeah the D-line gets help from the Linebackers and safeties, but this happens on every team...the difference is most teams are able to overload one area with blockers and get the RB through a hole before defenders away from the play get to the gap and close it. In KC's case this year, the gap is never opening, giving the defenders a chance to smother the RB in the backfield or right at the LOS in most cases.

DrunkHillbilly
10-10-2007, 12:03 PM
And for the 2nd week in a row you guys are facing a defense coming off of its bye week (2 weeks of preparation). Fortunately you won't run into any more of those this year.

As for your comments about this week, yeah the D-line gets help from the Linebackers and safeties, but this happens on every team...the difference is most teams are able to overload one area with blockers and get the RB through a hole before defenders away from the play get to the gap and close it. In KC's case this year, the gap is never opening, giving the defenders a chance to smother the RB in the backfield or right at the LOS in most cases.

This is my point exactly. With the guys we have, if your going to open a whole, they will have to double or triple team someone leaving someone free to make the tackle. Inside, outside, it doesn't matter. The whole is not there 95 % of the time. That's why I say I wouldn't be surprised if we had some of the same results we have had against the 32nd run defense.

rbedgood
10-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Having watched Cincy a couple times this year, I think Waters & Company can get LJ loose a few times. I think his stats will look better than his game this week. In other words, he'll have 3-4 big runs as Cincy's tackling is worse than your guys' last week. However if you take out those big runs expect more of the 2 YPC type of day.

DrunkHillbilly
10-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Having watched Cincy a couple times this year, I think Waters & Company can get LJ loose a few times. I think his stats will look better than his game this week. In other words, he'll have 3-4 big runs as Cincy's tackling is worse than your guys' last week. However if you take out those big runs expect more of the 2 YPC type of day.

Agreed!!

wolfpack
10-10-2007, 01:32 PM
i`m worried most about the bungles wideouts compared to our old cb`s. we must get a pass rush.

rbedgood
10-10-2007, 01:43 PM
i`m worried most about the bungles wideouts compared to our old cb`s. we must get a pass rush.

Law and Surtain stand no chance against Housh and Ocho-Cinco unless they get safety help and a quick pass rush. Then the concern becomes the slot receiver.

m0ef0e
10-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Law and Surtain stand no chance against Housh and Ocho-Cinco unless they get safety help and a quick pass rush. Then the concern becomes the slot receiver.

Surtain still plays well, IMO. He's a good open-field tackler. Ty Law... not so much. He just hopes he can slow the runner down enough to get help.

rolltideroll
10-10-2007, 07:01 PM
It totally blows my mind how I have gone a complete 180 from the last couple of years screaming, "Just give the ball to LJ!" to, "Oh no, don't give the ball to LJ!"

Blame the o-line all you want but I saw LJ yesterday, take a pitch to the outside and stop right in front of the linebacker, waiting for him to hit him behind the line of scrimmage. If he had run as hard and fast as he could to the outside (where the run was designed to go) he would have been one on one with the corner-- a favorable match-up. That play could have easily gone for 6 or so yards. Instead, LJ stops in the middle of the field on an outside-run and tries to take on a linebacker, letting the corner he could have had a better chance against come over and assist on the tackle.

We need to bring Priest back. He would have gotten the outside and made that corner work to push him our or get him down. It looks like LJ should have been "learning from Priest" while he was here like LJ was supposed to be doing. Instead, he used his time to whine and complain and used his mind for delusions of grandeur.

This running game needs a spark... This running game needs PRIEST!!!

Totally agree...

chief31
10-10-2007, 07:08 PM

Again, all I was saying, back then, was that LJ would be unable to look good, since Herm chose to ignore the O-line. You argued to the ends of the world, with mighty sarcam, that we needed a WR more than linemen.

We now have a very good reciever, and LJ and why aren't they accomplishing anything? That's right... The offensive line. Exactly what I was saying all offseason long.

I worry more about the young safeties against Housh and C.J.

DrunkHillbilly
10-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Again, all I was saying, back then, was that LJ would be unable to look good, since Herm chose to ignore the O-line. You argued to the ends of the world, with mighty sarcam, that we needed a WR more than linemen.

We now have a very good reciever, and LJ and why aren't they accomplishing anything? That's right... The offensive line. Exactly what I was saying all offseason long.

I worry more about the young safeties against Housh and C.J.

I think you may have misunderstood back then. I was just more concerned with the WR position. Never did I say that we were ok at the line. I was also counting on Huard playing the way he did last season which hasn't happened and I don't blame all of his problems on the line either. He has overthrown guys a bunch this year with plenty of time in the pocket.

rbedgood
10-11-2007, 12:55 AM
I think you may have misunderstood back then. I was just more concerned with the WR position. Never did I say that we were ok at the line. I was also counting on Huard playing the way he did last season which hasn't happened and I don't blame all of his problems on the line either. He has overthrown guys a bunch this year with plenty of time in the pocket.

Now if Law could backpedal that quickly he'd be set...:yahoo:

sling58
10-11-2007, 07:38 AM
our secondary is going to have troubles this weekend.

DrunkHillbilly
10-11-2007, 09:41 AM
Now if Law could backpedal that quickly he'd be set...:yahoo:

Just the facts!