PDA

View Full Version : Draft

underdawg87
04-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Assuming we could trade up in the draft for a reasonably good value, or trade down in the draft and get good value, what draft strategy should we follow in the first round?

Trade up and draft:
A) Tannehill
B) Richardson

Stay at 11 and draft:
C) Poe
D) DeCastro
E) Kuechly
F) Cox
G) Brockers

Trade down and draft:
H) Hightower

I) Other

(I realize some players may go earlier or later than projected, but to the best of my ability, I assumed any of these scenarios most likely given the variety of mock drafts I have seen thus far)

gcsofa
04-09-2012, 06:39 PM
We need a great OG! Yes, we also need a great NT, and ILB........but those can be found later in the draft, where this exceptional NFL ready G will not be!

underdawg87
04-09-2012, 06:58 PM
I would be perfectly happy with DeCastro, but I almost salivate at the thought of Kuechly teaming up with DJ, Houston, and Hali to form more than likely the best core of LB in the NFL. In a 3-4 defense, the LB are the key.

fairladyZ
04-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Hightower > Kuechly

Xanathol
04-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Hightower > Kuechly
Exactly. Fox or Hightower for me.

Ryfo18
04-09-2012, 08:43 PM
I voted F, but really meant to do D. Decastro would be a dream come true in this draft. I'd still be happy with Cox though.

bricooper78
04-09-2012, 09:56 PM
DeCastro. Help that O line. The worst need.

70 chiefsfan70
04-09-2012, 10:08 PM
I voted D, for DeCastro, but I'll have to say Kuechly is a very, very close second.

I really hope it won't be Poe. I'd rather have Richardson then take a chance on him.

2010chiefs
04-09-2012, 10:43 PM
I'd rather go with a sure thing like DeCastro.

Lazeye
04-09-2012, 11:01 PM
D all the way! What is there to think about? IMO nothing.

Jrudi
04-09-2012, 11:32 PM
I actually chose option H.) Trade back and Draft Hightower.

I would love DeCastro, but I also like the idea of trading back and grabbing more picks.

I really think the Chiefs have set themselves up in this draft to do a number of things and still come out on top. They have the least amount of glaring needs that we have had in a long time and could draft with a best-talent available.

I would love Decastro... But lets say we can trade back and pick up another 2nd rounder. Grab Hightower in round 1, maybe a guy like Cordy Glenn slips to round two. or we could grab Zeitler or Konz in round two to succeed Lilja after this season, and as well grab a guy like Tamu' or Chapman to take over at NT... Doesn't sound bad to me.

But as I said, I will be happy either way, and would still be ecstatic if we landed DeCastro.

Coach
04-10-2012, 06:57 AM
I voted DeCastro. In my opinion, this is the final evaluation year for Matt Cassel. Give him some protection to see if we need to cut bait.
The front office has already stated that they plan to return to more of a running team. Tough to do if you have OL issues. Cassel can be a sufficient qb in that type of offense. Where he struggles is in obvious passing downs and making deep throws. He generally has made good decisions but has just been too protectitive with the football. Peyton Hillis and Jamaal Charles can both catch out of the backfield at a high level. I think the offense this year will be run be run first, dump pass to Boss/Moeaki/Charles/Hillis second, and then pass play to Bowe/Breaston/Baldwin in 3rd and long situations. Cassel can handle that kind of offense. But in order for it to work, it is all predicated on good OL protection.

Btw, just writing all those names gets me really excited about this offense. We have a very solid offense with or without DeCastro.

Chiefster
04-10-2012, 01:07 PM
I voted DeCastro. In my opinion, this is the final evaluation year for Matt Cassel. Give him some protection to see if we need to cut bait.
The front office has already stated that they plan to return to more of a running team. Tough to do if you have OL issues. Cassel can be a sufficient qb in that type of offense. Where he struggles is in obvious passing downs and making deep throws. He generally has made good decisions but has just been too protectitive with the football. Peyton Hillis and Jamaal Charles can both catch out of the backfield at a high level. I think the offense this year will be run be run first, dump pass to Boss/Moeaki/Charles/Hillis second, and then pass play to Bowe/Breaston/Baldwin in 3rd and long situations. Cassel can handle that kind of offense. But in order for it to work, it is all predicated on good OL protection.

Btw, just writing all those names gets me really excited about this offense. We have a very solid offense with or without DeCastro.

Agreed; you and I have been preaching about securing a solid o-line for the last three or four years. Hopefully it will happen this year.

AkChief49
04-10-2012, 03:03 PM
looks like Decastro in a landslide

Chiefster
04-10-2012, 04:29 PM
looks like Decastro in a landslide

Well, only 26 people have voted.

Coach
04-10-2012, 08:19 PM
If DeCastro is off the board, I'd vote for taking the best cover ILB on the board which I hear is Kuechly.

AkChief49
04-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Well, only 26 people have voted.
percentages Chiefster, percentages:D

Chiefster
04-13-2012, 09:24 PM
percentages Chiefster, percentages:D

Yeah, but does, now, 31 voters represent an accurate sampling? :efpge::D

brdempsey69
04-14-2012, 03:42 PM
I voted D for David DeCastro. The Chiefs do not need a developmental guy at the Guard position -- they need a guy that can step in and play at a high level right now and DeCastro fits the bill. Things are looking very thin there, as it stands right now & do consider that the Chiefs didn't sign any veteran FA's to help out there, even though they have the cap space.