PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 2012 season game by game predictions

TopekaRoy
04-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Alright, Chiefs fans. Time to make your predictions for this year. Just copy and paste and edit "Ws" and "Ls."

• Sept. 9: Atlanta, noon W
• Sept. 16: at Buffalo, noon W (revenge match!)
• Sept. 23: at New Orleans, noon W (Sanctions decimate Saints defense)
• Sept. 30: San Diego, noon W
• Oct. 7: Baltimore, noon L
• Oct. 14: at Tampa Bay, noon W
• Oct. 21: bye
• Oct. 28: Oakland, 3:05 p.m. W
• Nov. 1: at San Diego, 7:20 p.m. L
• Nov. 12: at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m. W (revenge match 2!)
• Nov. 18: Cincinnati, noon W
• Nov. 25: Denver, noon W
• Dec. 2: Carolina, noon W
• Dec. 9: at Cleveland, noon W
• Dec. 16: at Oakland, 3:05 p.m. W
• Dec. 23: Indianapolis, noon W (revenge match 3!)
• Dec. 30: at Denver, 3:15 p.m. L (Chiefs rest key starters for playoffs!)

Season record: 13-3

kylebigmac09
04-18-2012, 03:37 PM
• Sept. 16: at Buffalo, noon W
• Sept. 23: at New Orleans, noon L
• Sept. 30: San Diego, noon L
• Nov. 12: at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m. L
• Dec. 23: Indianapolis, noon W
• Dec. 30: at Denver, 3:15 p.m. L

10-6

matthewschiefs
04-18-2012, 04:04 PM
I disagree 19-0 :yahoo: :D :chiefs:

Can't wait for the season

buffman316
04-18-2012, 04:31 PM
• Sept. 9: Atlanta, noon L
• Sept. 16: at Buffalo, noon W (revenge match!)
• Sept. 23: at New Orleans, noon L (Sanctions decimate Saints defense)
• Dec. 16: at Oakland, 3:05 p.m. L
• Dec. 30: at Denver, 3:15 p.m. L (Chiefs rest key starters for playoffs!)

Season record: 9-7[/quote]

slc chief
04-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Vs Atlanta Win

At Buff Loss (Struggled to beat them in 10, lost to them in 09 and 11)

at NO Loss

vs Sd Win

Vs Balt Loss

At TB Win

Vs Oak Win

At SD Loss

At Pitt Loss

Vs Cincy Win

Vs den loss

vs car win

at cle win

at oak loss

vs indy win

at den loss

7-9
your trippin if you think we are going to go 0-2 against your donkeys

jason1981
04-18-2012, 07:29 PM
id rather wait till after draft to predict anything cuz then we will know what we got and our opponents have.

Three7s
04-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Normally, I'd do this after the draft, but whatever.

Sept. 9: Atlanta- W 17-13 I think Atlanta is a pretty good team, but I think Hali is going to KILL Svitek..

• Sept. 16: at Buffalo- W 24-10 Obvious revenge game is obvious. O/U on Stevie Johnson finishing the game alive?

• Sept. 23: at New Orleans- L 38-27 The Saints might have some issues on defense early on, but if Brees is playing in that stadium, good luck.

• Sept. 30: San Diego- W 21-17 Chiefs are pretty good at home against SD in recent memory. My guess is it will come down to the end like all the others.

• Oct. 7: Baltimore- L 17-3 Chiefs aren't hanging with the Ravens any time soon. I think of them as kind of a hurdle for the Chiefs to pass if they want to take the next step, similar to how the Colts were in the Vermeil/Herm era.

• Oct. 14: at Tampa Bay- W 20-10 I think the Bucs defense will be much improved. The issue is can the Bucs score on the Chiefs defense?

• Oct. 28: Oakland- L 24-21 When's the last time we beat the Raiders at Arrowhead? I wish the Chiefs would bring that same intensity against the Raiders at Arrowhead that they do in Oakland.

• Nov. 1: at San Diego- L 24-10 Haven't won in SD in quite awhile, not happening here.

• Nov. 12: at Pittsburgh- L 31-3 The only trip I remember the Chiefs taking to Pittsburgh, they got embarrassed. A bunch of crazy drunk people swinging around yellow towels on a monday night? Yeah, no chance here, especially with Cassel at QB.

• Nov. 18: Cincinnati- L 17-14 Here's that game that the Chiefs probably should win but don't. The Chiefs do make the Bengals one-dimensional, but Dalton will really show his growth and beat the less clutch Cassel at the end.

• Nov. 25: Denver- W 28-17 If Manning is still playing, he won't be by halftime.

• Dec. 2: Carolina- W 38-31 Newton will force the Chiefs to keep scoring with them, much like teams did last season against the Panthers. Untimely sacks and turnovers from a veteran defense will help get the big stop the Chiefs need at the end.

• Dec. 9: at Cleveland- W 23-3 Does Cleveland have any offensive talent at all? The Chiefs should dominate this game defensively.

• Dec. 16: at Oakland- W 17-14 Chiefs win it because the Raiders beat themselves.

• Dec. 23: Indianapolis- W 41-20 Luck impresses by having a few nice drives, but the Colts have no defense. Game over.

• Dec. 30: at Denver- L 45-17 The Chiefs average one win a decade in Denver. We've gotten 2 wins over the last 3 years in Denver. MAYBE if Manning is out, but if I'm a betting man, I'm going Denver.

The usual 9-7. That's about all we'll ever get with Cassel.

Three7s
04-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Why does everyone count buffalo as a win? We got blown out by them in 09 and 11 and then it took us 5 overtimes to beat them in 10. If it was at home I might mark it as a win but def not AT buffalo
I get what you're saying since I don't think we've ever actually won AT Buffalo. Still, I think the Chiefs want a little personal revenge here.

slc chief
04-18-2012, 09:35 PM
Why does everyone count buffalo as a win? We got blown out by them in 09 and 11 and then it took us 5 overtimes to beat them in 10. If it was at home I might mark it as a win but def not AT buffalo
because they got exposed last year ..typical of a chan gaily ran offense.why do you think your donkeys can win at arrowhead in november.and further more go 2-0 against us.the donkeys are going to be a soft finnesse team this year.the chiefs will smack them in their mouth.we might give them the last game of the year.just because we will be resting starters at that point ha

Three7s
04-18-2012, 09:39 PM
because they got exposed last year ..typical of a chan gaily ran offense.why do you think your donkeys can win at arrowhead in november.and further more go 2-0 against us.the donkeys are going to be a soft finnesse team this year.the chiefs will smack them in their mouth.we might give them the last game of the year.just because we will be resting starters at that point ha
I didn't know we had Peyton Manning at QB.

AussieChiefsFan
04-18-2012, 09:41 PM
• Nov. 1: at San Diego, 7:20 p.m. W

Season record 12-4

Looking at these games individually, assuming we don't get any major injuries like last year and considering our roster we should be able to win this many games.

slc chief
04-18-2012, 10:29 PM
I didn't know we had Peyton Manning at QB.
what

Three7s
04-18-2012, 11:19 PM
what
Read the bolded part.

slc chief
04-18-2012, 11:35 PM
Read the bolded part.
screw peyton manning. was he a great qb yeah. is he still a good qb? probably alot better than most time will tell. that does not mean he is automaticaly going to dominate the division. the broncos as a team are not as well off as the chiefs. even with all of our injuries and a head coach who went crazy.they still barely squeeked by the division.

AussieChiefsFan
04-18-2012, 11:39 PM
lol I am not a denver fan man. FAR from it. I just dont see us beating them, not with peyton manning. Cassel struggled immensely last year against them, what 98 passing yards? Plus they have manning

13-3 12-4? You guys are nuts, I can maybe see 9-7

Star players returning, improving defense that is already good, Good offensive line (also with the likely addition of DeCastro), Charles & Hillis, Good recieving core, Tony Moeaki at TE (Plays like Tony G when not injured). Also when Cassel actually has time to throw the ball he can do a good job, Im not saying he's Brady or Rodgers but he's isnt hopeless either.

13-3 is pretty hopeful but if all these factors come together each game I DO see them going around 12-4

AussieChiefsFan
04-18-2012, 11:41 PM
screw peyton manning. was he a great qb yeah. is he still a good qb? probably alot better than most time will tell. that does not mean he is automaticaly going to dominate the division. the broncos as a team are not as well off as the chiefs. even with all of our injuries and a head coach who went crazy.they still barely squeeked by the division.

EXACTLY!!! Everyone automatically assumes the Donkeys are going to automatically be a powerhouse!

I cant wait to see all the bandwagoners be mightily disappointed this year.

matthewschiefs
04-18-2012, 11:42 PM
lol I am not a denver fan man. FAR from it. I just dont see us beating them, not with peyton manning. Cassel struggled immensely last year against them, what 98 passing yards? Plus they have manning

But will they have Peyton that's no sure thing. There is some legit question if he can hold up. Even with him they don't have a Marvion Harrison or Reggie Wayne for him to throw to. I think we split with Denver like normal if Peyton holds up sweep them if he doesn't

Three7s
04-18-2012, 11:45 PM
So, basically, everyone is saying we're going to be one of the best teams in the NFL? Wow....

Take off the rose-colored glasses and put on some shades before you guys become blind. I'm not saying I don't like optimism, but this is NOT a 12-4 team.

AussieChiefsFan
04-18-2012, 11:48 PM
So, basically, everyone is saying we're going to be one of the best teams in the NFL? Wow....

Take off the rose-colored glasses and put on some shades before you guys become blind. I'm not saying I don't like optimism, but this is NOT a 12-4 team.

I know, but the team is defiantly improving and I see a lot of potential in them and (reasons in previous posts). Also our schedule isn't too difficult this year unlike in recent seasons.

AussieChiefsFan
04-18-2012, 11:49 PM
But will they have Peyton that's no sure thing. There is some legit question if he can hold up. Even with him they don't have a Marvion Harrison or Reggie Wayne for him to throw to. I think we split with Denver like normal if Peyton holds up sweep them if he doesn't

^^^^

2010chiefs
04-19-2012, 01:10 AM
Actually this team can easily be a 12-4 team if we had a an elite QB. Maybe cassel steps it up this year. Maybe.

TopekaRoy
04-19-2012, 03:06 AM

I see no reason why this team can't be two games better than it was in 2010 and we went 10-6 that year. Our defense is better, our O-line will be better and we have more than just Bowe to throw the ball to now, so our pass game will be better.

I'll admit my prediction is an optimistic best case scenario. If I were to put money on it I would guess the Chiefs go 11-5 or 10-6. We are sure to lose a couple of games that we should win, like every team does every year. If we could beat the Packers last year (nobody else could in the regular season) with less talent than we will have this year, we can beat anybody.

Some of you are so used the Chiefs failing, that you refuse to see the obvious talent that is all over the field on this team. I call this the "Cubs Fan syndrome." I believe you deliberately set your expectations low, because you can't handle the disappointment you will feel if they don't meet them. You are naturally pessimistic, and the only way you can feel good is when the Chiefs do badly and you can say, "see? I told you so."

I would much rather set my expectations high and say. "see? I told you so" when the Chiefs meet them.

AussieChiefsFan
04-19-2012, 03:17 AM
I see no reason why this team can't be two games better than it was in 2010 and we went 10-6 that year. Our defense is better, our O-line will be better and we have more than just Bowe to throw the ball to now, so our pass game will be better.

I'll admit my prediction is an optimistic best case scenario. If I were to put money on it I would guess the Chiefs go 11-5 or 10-6. We are sure to lose a couple of games that we should win, like every team does every year. If we could beat the Packers last year (nobody else could in the regular season) with less talent than we will have this year, we can beat anybody.

Some of you are so used the Chiefs failing, that you refuse to see the obvious talent that is all over the field on this team. I call this the "Cubs Fan syndrome." I believe you deliberately set your expectations low, because you can't handle the disappointment you will feel if they don't meet them. You are naturally pessimistic, and the only way you can feel good is when the Chiefs do badly and you can say, "see? I told you so."

I would much rather set my expectations high and say. "see? I told you so" when the Chiefs meet them.
Well Said!

KCCF
04-19-2012, 04:55 AM
13-3 12-4? You guys are nuts, I can maybe see 9-7

Yeah forgot we were betting here. ..

texaschief
04-19-2012, 05:05 AM
• Sept. 23: at New Orleans, noon W
• Nov. 25: Denver, noon L
• Dec. 2: Carolina, noon L

10-6

What were we, 7-9 this year? I think a better HC and OC situation along with the FA additions and the return of Charles, Berry, Cassel, and Moeaki along with a decent draft class should be more than enough to improve the win total by 3... oh, and the Chiefs have an easier schedule on paper than they did in 2011. I wouldn't be shocked to see more than just 10 wins.

Chiefster
04-19-2012, 06:13 AM
Playoffs: 0-1. :lol: Just kiddin.

I wouldn't even venture a guess at this point in time.

Three7s
04-19-2012, 08:02 AM

I'm going by what I saw on the field in 2010 vs what I say from opponents last year. You can call me a pessimist if you want, I call it realism. The Chiefs haven't gone 13-3 in almost a decade and usually teams with elite QBs reach that area, with the exception of the 90s Chiefs.

This defense isn't anywhere near as good as the 90s Chiefs defenses, as much as everyone keeps clinging to the belief that it is. This is a 9-7 team til proven otherwise.

AussieChiefsFan
04-19-2012, 08:25 AM
It's very hard to have a great receiving core (Which we do have weapons) with no qbWe have a QB. If cassel still struggles with the improved recieving core, a great backfield and a great offensive line (with the likely add of DeCastro) 'THEN' I will be as down on him as you are.

Ok listen to me. They were a contender every frickn year, the one year he doesnt play the organization goes to absolute pieces. We have never seen a player do that with a nfl franchise. We have seen QB's retire and the team has struggled. But when was the last time the coach was fired, the gm was fired, most of their good players were released. People on this site dont give peyton manning the credit he deserves. I HATE denver let me be very clear, but anyone who brushes off denver like they are nothing and thinks we will sweep them is a fool
Yes Manning was holding that franchise together but they were declining year by year. Im not saying he can't do that again but he is much older, is coming of surgery and has never played with any other team (or center than Jeff Saturday i might than add) than the colts. Obviously they will be improved but not as much as people are saying.

AussieChiefsFan
04-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Quoting Mike Mayock: "The Chiefs have a sneakily good roster with a lot of big playmakers, watch for them to be big contenders this year"

OPLookn
04-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Ok listen to me. They were a contender every frickn year, the one year he doesnt play the organization goes to absolute pieces. We have never seen a player do that with a nfl franchise. We have seen QB's retire and the team has struggled. But when was the last time the coach was fired, the gm was fired, most of their good players were released. People on this site dont give peyton manning the credit he deserves. I HATE denver let me be very clear, but anyone who brushes off denver like they are nothing and thinks we will sweep them is a fool

And yet Manning was on the decline before he didn't play for...oh about a year and a half. When are you going to get it through your head?!? Look at how unorganized people were after the lockout last year. Manning has been out six times longer. I'll say it again...SIX times longer.

I'm not saying Manning is going to suck but the guy has been out an absurdly long time, he's 36 yrs old and I'll tell you at 35 I'm moving a heck of a lot slower than I was even in my early 30's, it takes a lot longer for me to heal and get back to 100% after a tough day. Am I comparing myself to Manning or an NFL player, heck no. But age is age regardless of what you're doing. I also haven't taken hits from pissed off 300+ lb D-Line or 260 lb ILB's that want to kill me.

The other thing you seem to forget is that Romeo always seems to confuse Manning. Manning will have a new center, team, OC and playbook. You seem to think he'll come back and just pick up where he left off.

TopekaRoy
04-19-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm going by what I saw on the field in 2010 vs what I say from opponents last year. You can call me a pessimist if you want, I call it realism. The Chiefs haven't gone 13-3 in almost a decade and usually teams with elite QBs reach that area, with the exception of the 90s Chiefs.

Pessimists always call pessimism "realism."

This is not the same team that played in 2010 and we aren't playing the same opponents.

The dumbest argument for predicting who will beat who is the historical one. "team A has beaten team B in 3 of the last four match-ups on the road." "Team C can't win outdoors in November and December." "Team D always plays better on the road than they do at home." The past has little impact on the present and future.

The 49ers were 6-10 in 2010 and 13-3 last year, with Alex Smith, no less! The Lions went from 2-14 in '09 to 6-10 in '10 to 10-6 in '11. And it goes both ways. In the last 3 years the Vikings went 12-4, 6-10 and 3-13. The Colts went 14-2, 10-6 and 2-14. Those are just a couple of recent examples.

There is every reason to believe that the Chiefs will be a much improved team this year and only two reasons not to--pessimism and some people's opinion of Matt Cassel.

azchiefsfan
04-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Other than our division rivals, I think for the first half of the season many teams are going to look past us to their detriment. I have to wait until July to make any predictions. There's too many FA and draft moves to get a good sense of what we are going to look like come pre-season. It's shaping up to be a good year. San Diego has done what they've been doing-nothing. Oakland thinks their crazy quilt of semi-talented players will see them through. Denver has over-committed to a potential lame duck QB and neglected(so far) other key areas-receiving corps and offensive line. So I think there is no reason to not expect to win the AFC West. Beyond that, I want to see how our training camp line-up stacks up to quality opponents like Baltimore, Pittsturd and Cincinnati before I make any guess at any of those games.

AussieChiefsFan
04-19-2012, 11:39 AM
And yet Manning was on the decline before he didn't play for...oh about a year and a half. When are you going to get it through your head?!? Look at how unorganized people were after the lockout last year. Manning has been out six times longer. I'll say it again...SIX times longer.

I'm not saying Manning is going to suck but the guy has been out an absurdly long time, he's 36 yrs old and I'll tell you at 35 I'm moving a heck of a lot slower than I was even in my early 30's, it takes a lot longer for me to heal and get back to 100% after a tough day. Am I comparing myself to Manning or an NFL player, heck no. But age is age regardless of what you're doing. I also haven't taken hits from pissed off 300+ lb D-Line or 260 lb ILB's that want to kill me.

The other thing you seem to forget is that Romeo always seems to confuse Manning. Manning will have a new center, team, OC and playbook. You seem to think he'll come back and just pick up where he left off.

This is not the same team that played in 2010 and we aren't playing the same opponents.

The dumbest argument for predicting who will beat who is the historical one. "team A has beaten team B in 3 of the last four match-ups on the road." "Team C can't win outdoors in November and December." "Team D always plays better on the road than they do at home." The past has little impact on the present and future.

The 49ers were 6-10 in 2010 and 13-3 last year, with Alex Smith, no less! The Lions went from 2-14 in '09 to 6-10 in '10 to 10-6 in '11. And it goes both ways. In the last 3 years the Vikings went 12-4, 6-10 and 3-13. The Colts went 14-2, 10-6 and 2-14. Those are just a couple of recent examples.

There is every reason to believe that the Chiefs will be a much improved team this year and only two reasons not to--pessimism and some people's opinion of Matt Cassel.

EX-ACT-LY!!!^^

Can't agree more! REP for the both of you

matthewschiefs
04-19-2012, 01:04 PM

Did you read my whole post. I said If Peyton doesn't hold up and they lose them then we sweep them. There is a real chance that he won't. After all he didn't play at all in 2011 don't you no that's not a good sign? You sure were screaming it for a good while.Do you really think that the Chiefs are going to lose to a qb that lost to Tyler Palko? That's there backup plan.

Peyton Manning deserves a lot of credit but not all of it. People in the media love to talk him up. They OVERRATE what Peyton has done. Yes I said Overrate. If you listen to ESPN they make it seem like not only is he throwing the passes but hes blocking catching the pass breaking 30 tackles and scoring a td. Yes he is a GREAT hall of fame QB. But he has always had talent around him. People make it seem like Peyton was the only one that they lost from there great great teams. Marrvion Harrison Edgrin James didn't help there teams? They have lost more then just Peyton over the years the media just doesn't want to tell you that. They went 2-14 for the same reason that we did in 08 there talent got Old and they didn't have the younger guys in place to replace them. They didn't go 2-14 just because they lost Peyton Manning.

matthewschiefs
04-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Playoffs: 0-1. :lol: Just kiddin.

GET HIM :mob: :mob: :mob:

chief31
04-19-2012, 02:51 PM

Resident Cubs fan here...

You short-changed the pessimism here....

"the only way you can feel good is when the Chiefs do badly and you can say, "see? I told you so"...

The pessimist has the added advantage of being pleasantly surprised, when things go well. No better feeling that getting a huge positive surpise. Especially getting a huge turd for a surpise, which is what you get when you have high expectations, and things don't work out.

Pessemistic prediction gets pleasant surprise, or nothing shocking.

Optimistic prediction gets Horrible letdown, or nothing too surprising.

Myself, I have not had the time to go over the full schedule like this yet. (Thanks alot, Roy. :D ), but I expect to be around 9-7 when I do.

TopekaRoy
04-19-2012, 05:20 PM
You short-changed the pessimism here....

Pessemistic prediction gets pleasant surprise, or nothing shocking.

Optimistic prediction gets Horrible letdown, or nothing too surprising.

Excellent point. I gave you rep for that.

Myself, I have not had the time to go over the full schedule like this yet. (Thanks alot, Roy. :D )...
What else have you got to do; read the healthcare bill?:lol:

Oh, you mean that other thread. You started it! If you had just agreed with my brilliant initial post, none of that other stuff would have happened!:yahoo:

... but I expect to be around 9-7 when I do.

Pessimist! :D :bananen_smilies046:

nigeriannightmare
04-19-2012, 06:33 PM

Peyton couldnt beat new england or san diego, with the exception of his one superbowl win against the rex grossman led bears peyton isnt anywhere near the level of a joe montana, john elway, tom brady, terry bradshaw, he is excellent yes but there are a number of quarter backs who are better.

You base your success rate on superbowls, dudes beem to and only wone one, tren dilfer got a ring bro....so the peyton praise is once again hypocritical per ur norm.

Three7s
04-19-2012, 07:09 PM

For the record, Matt Cassel is, pretty much, the reason for my "pessimism". Get a better QB and we're talking 11-5 minimum. The 49ers went 13-3 much like how I mentioned the Chiefs did it back in the 90s. Their defense is much better than ours.

ctchiefsfan
04-19-2012, 07:20 PM
• Nov. 12: at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m. W

My gut tells me we are going to go 11-5, but above is my game by game prediction for the moment.

slc chief
04-19-2012, 11:32 PM
LETS GET ONE THING STRAIGHT. peyton manning was more to the colts than just a qb. he was their o- cordinator and qb put into one. that is why no other team has fallen so hard in nfl history by missing just one player. it is not not rocket science. the colts gave him way to much control of the offensive playcalling. along with no running game and a daggert through the hart of the season by losing manning is why the colts fell so hard.if anyone thinks he is the same player he was 2 years ago and denvers season is going to be a fairy tell ending.well the cold hard truth of them not having an actual whole team around him. is going to hit them hard

nigeriannightmare
04-19-2012, 11:36 PM
LETS GET ONE THING STRAIGHT. peyton manning was more to the colts than just a qb. he was their o- cordinator and qb put into one. that is why no other team has fallen so hard in nfl history by missing just one player. it is not not rocket science. the colts gave him way to much control of the offensive playcalling. along with no running game and a daggert through the hart of the season by losing manning is why the colts fell so hard.if anyone thinks he is the same player he was 2 years ago and denvers season is going to be a fairy tell ending.well the cold hard truth of them not having an actual whole team around him. is going to hit them hard

Lets not forget he took all the snaps thus providing little opportunities for his backups which was evident this season.

nigeriannightmare
04-19-2012, 11:39 PM
Dont get me wrong hes an awesome qb but he isnt the best to play the position and im still pissed he wouldnt even visit here and we were the first to offer a contract that gets me all sorts of twisted and makes me wanna drink some rumpy.

TopekaRoy
04-21-2012, 02:37 AM
Because that year we played a bunch of crappy teams

You have an excuse for every time he does well, but you give him ALL of the blame when the team plays poorly. You are completely biased and irrational.

It's not even worth discussing with you anymore.

chief31
04-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Peyton couldnt beat new england or san diego, with the exception of his one superbowl win against the rex grossman led bears peyton isnt anywhere near the level of a joe montana, john elway, tom brady, terry bradshaw, he is excellent yes but there are a number of quarter backs who are better.

You base your success rate on superbowls, dudes beem to and only wone one, tren dilfer got a ring bro....so the peyton praise is once again hypocritical per ur norm.

So, if given the choice between taking Dan Marino, and Trent Dilfer in a draft, you are trying to ell us that Trent Dilfer is the better QB, and you pass on Marino, all because his teams never managed to bring it all together, and Dilfer's team was able to carry him to a Super Bowl once?

The QB does the QBs job. And Payton Manning does the QBs job at least as well asTroy Aikman, Joe Montana, or John Elway ever did.

You can't give a QB credit, nor blame, for making INTs on defense, because they are not doing it. They are on the sideline when that happens. You can't blame them for missing a block, because they are not being asked to block, you can't block with the ball in your hands.

There is far more to NFL football than just The Super Bowl. Hence the 31 teams that are not champions each year.

chief31
04-21-2012, 11:34 AM
• Sept. 9: Atlanta, noon L - I expect a slow start here, and The Falcons are an established team that has been together for a while now, so there is little adjustment time needed for them.

• Sept. 16: at Buffalo, noon W - Not this time Pal. We slept on the second game of the year last year, and it really hurt us for the entire season. They will be ready for this like no other, especially if we come in at 0-1. Chan had his revenge too, so that is diminished.

• Sept. 23: at New Orleans, noon W - The Saints will not be trashed for the whole year, but they may not be "rolling" right out of the gates. There are changes that The Sainst will have to work through, plus an image to have to defend from the controversy and that makes them very vulnerable, especially early in the year.

• Sept. 30: San Diego, noon W - 2-1 at this point, with a chance to really establish ourselves for the year. These games with The Chargers have always been good ones. But I see San Diego as a team going the opposite direct from The Chiefs, and homefield advantage is big at Arrowhead.

• Oct. 7: Baltimore, noon L - If we are 3-1 coming into this one, overconfidence could need to be put in check. I think this game is extremely winnable for The Chiefs, especially if Charles is cut loose against them. But I also know that this game is easily losable too.

• Oct. 14: at Tampa Bay, noon L - It would not be a KC Chiefs season, if it did not allow all the haters to run in screaming how they were a fluke all along. So this game, on the road, gives the haters a chance to run their mouths and demand that everybody gets fired and what-not.

• Oct. 21: bye Just an extra week for all the arguing to get heated here.

• Oct. 28: Oakland, 3:05 p.m. W - No big accomplishment here. This will not stop the calls for everybodys heads.

• Nov. 1: at San Diego, 7:20 p.m. L - The Chargers are still no slouch, and it keeps the heat on. But all the whining is about to get silenced...

• Nov. 12: at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m. W - The Chiefs play well against The STeelers. And The Chiefs are a much improved team, while The Steelers are going to be trying to just maintain the long-term success they have always been built on.

• Nov. 18: Cincinnati, noon W - Homecoming, after a big Monday night win? The Bengals still need to prove to me that they are actually a good team, but I don't think it matters at this point. The Chiefs are getting confident, even while keeping their feet on the ground. The fact is that this is a pretty good football team.

• Nov. 25: Denver, noon W - Manning has gone through the adjustment to his new team, and is now looking to lead the chaarge to the playoffs. Unfortunately, The Chiefs have been expecting him all along, and he is hand-cuffed by Romeo, as he often is.

• Dec. 2: Carolina, noon L - 7-4, and playing at home? All the fans will be overlooking this one, and something will go wrong. But the haters will be quiet here, they must now wait until the season ends, because you just can't say much when the team is in position to clinch a playoff spot. But they finally see hope again, after having had to sit through a three game sewwp of playoff teams.

• Dec. 9: at Cleveland, noon W - Peyton Hillis scores big this week. But worse for The Browns, it takes their defensive focus off of Charles, and the running game just explodes.

• Dec. 16: at Oakland, 3:05 p.m. W - The Chiefs finally get back to doing what they do best, and that is stringing together wins against The Raiders.

• Dec. 23: Indianapolis, noon W - move to 10-5, and clinch the division.

• Dec. 30: at Denver, 3:15 p.m. L - Not that The Chiefs sit their starters, or anything. But they have little to play for, and the Broncos are hoping for some help to go along with this win, to put them in the playoffs.(They will not get it)

Now, that's just how I see the season going, not really how I think each game would go. But I had fun with it. I'll probably have a different season prediction after I see what we do in the draft, and the second FA period.

But what I expect of The Chiefs is to do so well that everybody has to stop the complaining, but not so well that the Cassel haters would have to admit much. They will still get to blame him for the 6 losses, and give all credit for the 11 wins to the team that "carried him" and his 3,668 Passing Yards.:D

nigeriannightmare
04-21-2012, 11:44 AM
So, if given the choice between taking Dan Marino, and Trent Dilfer in a draft, you are trying to ell us that Trent Dilfer is the better QB, and you pass on Marino, all because his teams never managed to bring it all together, and Dilfer's team was able to carry him to a Super Bowl once?

The QB does the QBs job. And Payton Manning does the QBs job at least as well asTroy Aikman, Joe Montana, or John Elway ever did.

You can't give a QB credit, nor blame, for making INTs on defense, because they are not doing it. They are on the sideline when that happens. You can't blame them for missing a block, because they are not being asked to block, you can't block with the ball in your hands.

There is far more to NFL football than just The Super Bowl. Hence the 31 teams that are not chnoampions each year.

Not at all. Peyton is awesome..untilthe playoffs. His record indicates it. What happened when joe montana and dan marino went head to head, the big time players dont have mediocre games when it counts. I dont think joe montana and peyton belong i. the samr conversation....tom brady yes peyton no. Just my opinion.

matthewschiefs
04-21-2012, 11:44 AM
So you are saying Manning shouldn't hold up that means jamaal charles and berry won't either?

I didn't say he shouldn't hold up I just said there is a real chance that he might not. Yes there is that same chance with Berry and Charles but that chance is higher with Manning. Charles and Berry are both NOT going on being 40 years old. They have not had 4 surgeries. All that goes into play. Manning could be great for the donkeys theres no denying that. But there is a real chance that it could also blow up in there faces. They have a poor backup plan if that's the case. There backup lost to Tyler Palko. Do you really think that's a good backup?

chief31
04-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Not at all. Peyton is awesome..untilthe playoffs. His record indicates it. What happened when joe montana and dan marino went head to head, the big time players dont have mediocre games when it counts. I dont think joe montana and peyton belong i. the samr conversation....tom brady yes peyton no. Just my opinion.

I just think you are giving far too much credit/blame to a single player.

W/L is a team statistic, whereas passing stats tend to be far more relative to the play of the QB, as it removes the entire defense, all run-blocking, and most of the rushing from a season, or game, and deals with happenes more directly as a result of the QB's play.

I mean you included Terry Bradshaw, who was not a real good QB. But the rest of the team was not going to suddenly fall to the worst record in the league, if he missed a year.

Anyway.... Not trying to attack ya. Just thinking you are putting far too much on the shoulders of some (Manning/Marino), while putting very little on the other (Bradshaw). It just seems like the scale you are using is way off balance.

nigeriannightmare
04-21-2012, 01:01 PM
I just think you are giving far too much credit/blame to a single player.

W/L is a team statistic, whereas passing stats tend to be far more relative to the play of the QB, as it removes the entire defense, all run-blocking, and most of the rushing from a season, or game, and deals with happenes more directly as a result of the QB's play.

I mean you included Terry Bradshaw, who was not a real good QB. But the rest of the team was not going to suddenly fall to the worst record in the gue, if he missed a year.
Anyway.... Not trying to attack ya. Just thinking you are putting far too much on the shoulders of some (Manning/Marino),while putting very little on the other (Bradshaw). It just seems like the scale you are using is way off balance.

We as a society measure champions by winning the big games and terry bradshaw won several superbowls. And yes the scale nay be off but peyton is not gonna save the .broncos as my man orton eludes to.

TopekaRoy
04-21-2012, 02:18 PM
They won the division last year. What is this "save the broncos" stuff?

So you give the broncos credit for winning the division at 8-8, but the Chiefs get no credit for winning at 10-6 the previous year because "they had an easy schedule."

The Broncos only beat 1 team that was barely over .500--The Bengals (9-7) by 2 points. They lost to every other team that was over .500.

There is no consistency in your arguments. They change depending on who you want to support/bash.

TopekaRoy
04-21-2012, 02:29 PM
• [U][COLOR=sienna]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black]Now, that's just how I see the season going, not really how I think each game would go. But I had fun with it. I'll probably have a different season prediction after I see what we do in the draft, and the second FA period.

But what I expect of The Chiefs is to do so well that everybody has to stop the complaining, but not so well that the Cassel haters would have to admit much. They will still get to blame him for the 6 losses, and give all credit for the 11 wins to the team that "carried him" and his 3,668 Passing Yards.:D

I like your analysis! You say "11-6" so I assume you have them winning one playoff game?

I can see the Chiefs losing to Atlanta, but I think with a full off-season to prepare specifically for that first game, the Chiefs can beat them. The Falcons were only 4-4 on the road, last year, and started out the season 2-3, so I figure we get them before they start to "gel,"

I don't see us losing to the Bucs (4-12 last year), but a lot of people here are predicting that. I do think Carolina will be better this year (6-10 last year) but I think we will be good enough to beat them at home.

The other 13 games, (and even Atlanta, maybe) I can see playing out just like you predicted. :bananen_smilies046:

Three7s
04-21-2012, 02:43 PM
I had a feeling our predictions would be pretty similar, chief31. :bananen_smilies046:

matthewschiefs
04-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Yes I give them credit. They beat the defending AFC Champs the Steelers in the first round. Denver played a good schedule lik we did that year.

When did I say that the Chiefs didnt deserve it in 2010? Yes they had a weak schedule and got blown out by Baltimore, but the team won the division. I never tried to discredit that as our conference for the most part play the same games. I do dispute cassel's numbers that year because of an extremely easy schedule. It is the only good year he has had with us. So in my opinion it is right to question.

Roy you have to believe me, there really is no one I would like more than cassel to play well. He seems like a nice dude, never in trouble with the law and doesnt seem to run around on his wife. I hope he has a good year. I was on my feet before that playoff game in baltimore rooting for them. Let's just see what happens

UMMMM what playoff game in Baltimore? The game was at Arrowhead Just had to point that out :D

slc chief
04-22-2012, 12:42 PM
So you are saying Manning shouldn't hold up that means jamaal charles and berry won't either?
duh manning is 38 years old berry and charles are in their early mid twenties.the funny thing about broncos fans is that they think they are getting a young fresh manning when it is far from the truth

Jrudi
04-23-2012, 05:46 PM
• Sept. 9: Atlanta, noon W (Nail Biter could go either way, but I think the Chiefs look to come out intense for the home opener, and are embarrassed about how they played week 1 last year)
• Sept. 16: at Buffalo, noon W (Could easily be a loss as well, but as everyone has been saying "revenge game". Although I don't like the idea of seeing Mario Williams!)
• Sept. 23: at New Orleans, noon L (On the Road in the superdome, if Brees plays, he is the difference)
• Oct. 7: Baltimore, noon L (depending on our record and our confidence, this will be a good game)
• Oct. 14: at Tampa Bay, noon W (took two steps back after last year)
• Nov. 12: at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m. W (Would have beat them last year if we had a QB in place, older and wore down, the Steelers are slipping)
• Nov. 18: Cincinnati, noon W (In recent memory I think we've played Cincy well at home)
• Nov. 25: Denver, noon W (The team is pumped to take off Mannings head, our surprisingly improved pass rush and coverage drives manning crazy all game)
• Dec. 16: at Oakland, 3:05 p.m. L

My Rule of Thumb: Always split Division games, We go 10-6 or 11-5. Win the Division and play a team like Cincy at home Round 1 win, and have a re-match vs the Broncos in the divisional round at Arrowhead for a chance to go to the AFC Championship game!

Wow...I can dream can't I?

slc chief
04-23-2012, 08:56 PM
i am going to say 10-6

matthewschiefs
04-23-2012, 10:49 PM
I hope you'se guiz predictions come true, but those 12-4 records are nuts.

Your right 19-0 sounds better :D :chiefs: :chiefs:

chief31
04-24-2012, 11:20 PM
I had a feeling our predictions would be pretty similar, chief31. :bananen_smilies046:

Where on Earth would you ever get such an idea? I thought I was unveiling a shocker!

Hasn't it been about three years since we last agreed on anything?:lol: