PDA

View Full Version : The One Player Who Most likely ends up a Chief?

Jrudi
04-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Last year right before the draft, someone started a thread that basically asked:

Out of this year's entire class, who is the #1 prospect you see actually ending up as a Chief?

This is for all rounds, not just round 1

So let's hear it, toss out some names that you feel has the best shot at landing on our roster next season and why...

Jrudi
04-23-2012, 12:23 PM
I really think... and hope...that we see Josh Champan NT from Alabama land on our roster.

Guy is a tough competitor, Leader, and Force on the D-line.

I would rather see us take this guy to pair with Powe, than use a 1st rounder on a guy like Poe.

pojote
04-23-2012, 05:01 PM
I really think... and hope...that we see Josh Champan NT from Alabama land on our roster.

I would rather see us take this guy to pair with Powe, than use a 1st rounder on a guy like Poe.

When I saw this thread I thought exactly the same thing.

Jrudi
04-23-2012, 05:46 PM
When I saw this thread I thought exactly the same thing.

I also say this knowing that the Chiefs have already met with Chapman (more than likely to check his knee over physically)

but there is a little info there that let's me know they are at least interested.

DC_Chiefsfan
04-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Derek Wolfe jumps out at me for some reason.

Jrudi
04-23-2012, 06:27 PM
Derek Wolfe jumps out at me for some reason.

any reasons??

got a background of the guy? I don't know to much about him. Thanks!

DC_Chiefsfan
04-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Wolfe was ultra productive and the Big East defensive player of the year. Pioli spent some time at Cincy checking out their RB Isaiah Pead and I'm sure he noticed this guy too.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=85022&draftyear=2012&genpos=DT

OPLookn
04-23-2012, 07:29 PM
From WalterFootball.com:
"Trumaine Johnson, FS/CB, Montana
Height: 6-2. Weight: 204.
40 Time: 4.50.
Bench: 19.
Vertical: 35.5. Broad: 10-2.
Arm: 33 1/4.
Projected Round (2012): 2-3."

He's visited the Chiefs too and with him being able to play a CB/S position I think it makes him even more likely.

chiefsflow
04-25-2012, 05:31 PM

Exactly! Champan would be an awesome grab for us that could really help us get to the next level.