PDA

View Full Version : First round pick

figcrostic
04-25-2012, 11:03 AM
I do not think we will trade up. I think Pioli is happy with the O-line with the addition of Winston, I think Pioli did a good job in the FA but his job is still on the line.

Heres who I see Pioli getting at 11:

Tannehill (I'm not sold on the guy I think he has a lot of potential he has great arm, he's fast and athletic, but he would probably need a few years to develop) but it gives Cassel serious competition.

or

Luke Kuechly this guy is a stud, he is versatile would add 100 tackles and he's great in coverage.

Who I want: Decastro

Chiefster
04-25-2012, 11:20 AM
I do not think we will trade up. I think Pioli is happy with the O-line with the addition of Winston, I think Pioli did a good job in the FA but his job is still on the line.

Heres who I see Pioli getting at 11:

Tannehill (I'm not sold on the guy I think he has a lot of potential he has great arm, he's fast and athletic, but he would probably need a few years to develop) but it gives Cassel serious competition.

or

Luke Kuechly this guy is a stud, he is versatile would add 100 tackles and he's great in coverage.

Who I want: Decastro

...THIS!

figcrostic
04-25-2012, 11:24 AM
...THIS!

We are both fans on building the O-line but who do you think Pioli will draft?

Chiefster
04-25-2012, 11:33 AM
We are both fans on building the O-line but who do you think Pioli will draft?

Honestly bud I couldn't tell ya. I wouldn't begin to try to get inside the mind of Pioli except to say that I agree with you that it wouldn't surprise me to see him draft the highest rated QB left at 11.

I genuinely hope he adds depth to that O-line by drafting David DeCastro. Possibly another team need on the offensive side of the ball would be TE? What do you think?

pojote
04-25-2012, 11:44 AM
I was looking into last year's posts, and mostly we didn't thought about Baldwin, why? Because Mr. Pioli is very mysterious about his first pick.

Probably I will be shocked (too much) about Chief's first pick.

kcchiefs29
04-25-2012, 11:50 AM
As much as I would love the DeCastro pick, I sincerely believe Pioli is going to go defensive line with the first pick. It makes sense given the contract situations of both Dorsey and Jackson in the near future. I would think somebody like Fletcher Cox, Michael Brockers, or maybe a tradedown for Devon Still. I just think he is content with Lilja at guard so he will wait until round 2 or 3 to pick up somebody like Zeitler, Osemele, Silatolu, or Brooks.

OPLookn
04-25-2012, 12:35 PM
As much as I would love the DeCastro pick, I sincerely believe Pioli is going to go defensive line with the first pick. It makes sense given the contract situations of both Dorsey and Jackson in the near future. I would think somebody like Fletcher Cox, Michael Brockers, or maybe a tradedown for Devon Still. I just think he is content with Lilja at guard so he will wait until round 2 or 3 to pick up somebody like Zeitler, Osemele, Silatolu, or Brooks.

Agreed, I think Brockers is our pick unless something magical and mysterious happens and some how Cox falls to us at 11.

The other thing I could see happening is us trading Dorsey in the draft to another team. He's on his last contract year and we'd probably franchise Albert if we can't get Albert signed this year. Not only that but I haven't heard one word about Dorsey wanting to stay, the Chiefs trying to resign him or that he'd be franchised. This all leads me to think we might be trading Dorsey in the draft.

In the end I'm on the DeCastro bandwagon too, unfortunately I see this one being a long shot at this point. I don't think it's Kuechly either.

buffman316
04-25-2012, 12:56 PM
David DeCastro would be the logical choice at 11

jason1981
04-25-2012, 12:59 PM
i wouldnt be upset if we traded up to ge qb tannehill. however u spell his name.

brdempsey69
04-25-2012, 01:40 PM
David DeCastro would be the logical choice at 11

Agreed, DeCastro is the logical choice ( he's also the fan favorite at kcchiefs.com, as well he should be ). Drafting DeCastro not only would address a major area of need, it would free the team up to load up on Defensive players with their remaining 7 choices, with maybe a RB and another O-Lineman thrown in there.

But, until proven otherwise on Draft day, I have my doubts that logic will prevail, outside of Crennel convincing Pioli that drafting DeCastro is the right thing to do ( and Crennel was the HC in Cleveland when they drafted both OT Joe Thomas and C Alex Mack in the 1st round, so there is a glimmer of hope ).

We'll see how it turns out.

HaliForPresident
04-25-2012, 03:24 PM
That right there is what I love about Chiefs fans. They understand the importance of building an offense from the inside out, e.i. building a good OL. I think Chiefs fans were given the opportunity to see first hand what a good OL can do for you with Shields, Water, Roaf.... DL is extremely important in building a defense, the problem though is DL are far more risky than OL. No DL in this draft is as sure a thing at their position as Kalil.

Jrudi
04-25-2012, 03:40 PM

I kind of agree with this post....

I can see Pioli sticking with Lilja for this last year of his contract and grabbing a guy like Osemele...Pretty sure that guy has experience at LT, RT and OG as well, so I could really see that pick.

The one position I have been looking past is D-line, but that was because there was so much talk about Poe and I just really didn't like the idea of adding that guy. But I could see a draft of us adding someone like Brockers, Cox or Still in round 1 and Osemele in round 2...

The other thing to look at is that NT is the only position where we do not have someone with experience under contract unlike ILB and LG

chiefnut
04-25-2012, 03:45 PM
i can't see us trading up, but i can see us trading down to get an extra pick and maybe still get either an O lineman, NT or LB in the first round

chiefsflow
04-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Decastro would be an awesome pick lets get him!

jap1
04-25-2012, 06:08 PM
I was looking into last year's posts, and mostly we didn't thought about Baldwin, why? Because Mr. Pioli is very mysterious about his first pick.

Probably I will be shocked (too much) about Chief's first pick.

Also, I think everyone was convinced that we wanted the RT that was drafted a couple spots ahead of us (I think it was Bulaga). When that happened they traded down and then grabbed Baldwin.

I honestly believe there is a good chance we trade down, unless the Vikings dont grab Kalil, then I see it being possible for us to trade up, but not likely.

There are a lot of teams right behind us that want players that are suddenly generating some buzz (Mark Barron is supposedly going to go before the 14th pick and both the Cowboys, Chargers and some other team really want him). If Kalil doesnt get picked, SOMEONE is going to trade up for him, whether that is us or someone else.

Either way I think there is going to be a lot of moving around this year (more than there already has been).

I also see a possibility of us trading Dorsey for a late 1st this year or a 1st next year, and then drafting one of the DT/DEs in this year's draft.

70 chiefsfan70
04-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Also, I think everyone was convinced that we wanted the RT that was drafted a couple spots ahead of us (I think it was Bulaga). When that happened they traded down and then grabbed Baldwin.

I honestly believe there is a good chance we trade down, unless the Vikings dont grab Kalil, then I see it being possible for us to trade up, but not likely.

There are a lot of teams right behind us that want players that are suddenly generating some buzz (Mark Barron is supposedly going to go before the 14th pick and both the Cowboys, Chargers and some other team really want him). If Kalil doesnt get picked, SOMEONE is going to trade up for him, whether that is us or someone else.

Either way I think there is going to be a lot of moving around this year (more than there already has been).

I also see a possibility of us trading Dorsey for a late 1st this year or a 1st next year, and then drafting one of the DT/DEs in this year's draft.

I see this being very possible even though I am a big Dorsey fan, I read somewhere, (cant seem to find it ) that Dorsey is not happy because of the chief fan base not being for him and constantly dogging him. If the managment sees it that way, then that would be the Chiefs best option, trade him now and replace him, rather then loose him next year and watch him walk.

Next year we will have more needs than we do this year, so lets help ourselves out this year.

chiefnut
04-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Decastro would be an awesome pick lets get him!

i agree, but w/the exception of dallas i don't see him getting picked till 21, this may allow us to trade down and still get him