PDA

View Full Version : mayock #11 pick mark barron 2 chiefs

slc chief
04-25-2012, 08:16 PM
mike mayocks official mock draft has us taking mark barron.who knows that would be the best safety group in the league

slc chief
04-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Alabama's Mark Barron levels Vanderbilt's Jordan Rodgers 10/8/2011 - YouTube

slc chief
04-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Mark Barron Highlights - YouTube

slc chief
04-25-2012, 08:27 PM
dont get me wrong i would love the decastro pick. but him and berry together would be sick

rodu
04-25-2012, 08:40 PM
There are bigger needs

bricooper78
04-25-2012, 10:46 PM
There are bigger needs

Yep, he'd be nice, but we really need the OL fixed up

Chiefs fanatic
04-25-2012, 11:02 PM
Barron is a great player but adding another safety isn't a priority at this point.

bricooper78
04-26-2012, 12:28 AM
okay well at 11:30 central time, I read the article, and now am watching the mayock mock draft...

it popped in my head, with a #2 CB change, and the fact we have Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, and Philip Rivers in our division, it actually would make sense, based on the fact that we need a shutdown secondary, to draft this kid.

I think it's a coin flip between making the OL better with DeCastro and making the secondary even better, and deeper (remember we do need depth, badly) with Barron.

Take him? :efpge: maybe, maybe not :lol: I don't know, but that's the most thought I've put into anything in about a week :D

and I realize Rivers is getting old, and Manning, well who knows, and Palmer, well he looked awful last year, but it's a "pass first league" as they are repeating every 30 seconds.... this pick would have merit. I personally would like to see the OL, but would not be all that disappointed with another good young safety I suppose

slc chief
04-26-2012, 08:02 AM
okay well at 11:30 central time, I read the article, and now am watching the mayock mock draft...

it popped in my head, with a #2 CB change, and the fact we have Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, and Philip Rivers in our division, it actually would make sense, based on the fact that we need a shutdown secondary, to draft this kid.

I think it's a coin flip between making the OL better with DeCastro and making the secondary even better, and deeper (remember we do need depth, badly) with Barron.

Take him? :efpge: maybe, maybe not :lol: I don't know, but that's the most thought I've put into anything in about a week :D

and I realize Rivers is getting old, and Manning, well who knows, and Palmer, well he looked awful last year, but it's a "pass first league" as they are repeating every 30 seconds.... this pick would have merit. I personally would like to see the OL, but would not be all that disappointed with another good young safety I suppose
i would rather see them make this move then tannenhill or poe.

Seek
04-26-2012, 09:14 AM
I wasn't really that impressed with the highlights in this thread. I would rather have Luke Kuechly at ILB.

chiefnut
04-26-2012, 09:33 AM
barron is talented nd a hard hitter but is oft injured...has already had 2 shoulder,2 hernia and knee surgeries. to high to risk it, rather kuechly or decastro both very durable so far

OPLookn
04-26-2012, 10:11 AM
There are bigger needs

You're kidding right? We have Lilja as our LG, we don't need an ILB people are just wanting one. We run a LOT of 3 safety sets. McGraw, Sabby and heck even Donald Washinton spent a ton of time out on the field last year. That was with Lewis out there...how is it again that safety isn't a need?

chiefnut
04-26-2012, 10:23 AM
You're kidding right? We have Lilja as our LG, we don't need an ILB people are just wanting one. We run a LOT of 3 safety sets. McGraw, Sabby and heck even Donald Washinton spent a ton of time out on the field last year. That was with Lewis out there...how is it again that safety isn't a need?

safety is a need but not barron at 11

OPLookn
04-26-2012, 10:24 AM
safety is a need but not barron at 11

I remember the same thing being said about another guy at 5 a few years ago.

chief31
04-26-2012, 11:29 AM

Because we has a very strong secondary in 2011 and that with all those other names getting more playing time filling in for Berry for the entire year.

Those players you named will all drop back one spot on the depth chart when Berry returns.

And Lilja is unable to move the LOS, which is job-1 in a run-heavy offense.

kcchiefs29
04-26-2012, 12:20 PM
I feel the same way about DeCastro and Barron. You wouldn't hear me complain whatsoever if we picked one of them but there is too much depth later in this draft to justify picking them. Top to bottom, there are 8 safeties in this draft that would be good value picks and probably 5 high quality guards in rounds 2-4. With the importance of 3-4 DE's in our defensive scheme, contract questions regarding our current starters, and the infamous DE learning curve, I think we still see a DE Round 1. Premier 3-4 DE's are rare - there are only 4 I would really consider worthwhile in this draft (Fletcher Cox will probably be gone before 11).

Michael Brockers - Middle Round 1
Devon Still - End Round 1
Kendall Reyes - Beginning Round 2
Derek Wolfe - Maybe Middle to Late Round 2

And I have doubts about whether or not Derek Wolfe would 2-gap. Basically 3 choices and all likely to be gone by our second pick.

OPLookn
04-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Speaking of who we're going to select is the chat room going to be open for the draft? It was last year and it was fun going back and forth with everyone. Although I didn't like the early birds that announced who the pick was before it got to the podium. I guess this year they're not going to show the person when they're talking to the team that selected them. Keep the secrecy until the pick is announced...at the podium.

spiman
04-26-2012, 01:15 PM
I am wondering the same thing..(chat room today?) My DVR is set I like to watch the highlights of picks. It really speeds up the watching process.

chiefnut
04-26-2012, 02:09 PM
I remember the same thing being said about another guy at 5 a few years ago.

i don't remember anyone ? Berrys' ability or durability...just that we had some greater needs which i am sure may be debatably still true. Berry has lived up to his hype however their are some that would still argue we should have used that pick to fill a more glaring need.

slc chief
04-26-2012, 06:21 PM
barron is talented nd a hard hitter but is oft injured...has already had 2 shoulder,2 hernia and knee surgeries. to high to risk it, rather kuechly or decastro both very durable so far
yeah he is so injury prone that mayock and kiper are calling him one of the safest picks in the draft. and the cowboys,chargers and patriots are all trying to trade up for him because they want to waist there pick. bottomline the gm's and pros know more than us and everyone is big on this kid

slc chief
04-26-2012, 06:28 PM
if we dont draft him i definantly dont want this to happen.

The San Diego Chargers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/sandiegochargers/profile?team=SD) have one big name at safety in Eric Weddle (http://www.nfl.com/players/ericweddle/profile?id=WED290361). They are looking to add another.

Kevin Acee of U-T San Diego reports via a team source that the Chargers are trying to move up (https://twitter.com/#!/UTKevinAcee/status/195619496587829249) in the first round to take safety Mark Barron. To make that kind of move, they likely would have to go from No. 18 all the way up to No. 10, where the Buffalo Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF) draft.

Unlock HQ Video (http://www.nfl.com/widgets/videos/downloader?template=basic-html&confirm=true&icampaign=VG_Player_Link_HQ_DL)HQ video delivered by Akamai

While the Bills have some interest in moving up for Matt Kalil, (http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d8289d0f6) general manager Buddy Nix also could be interested in moving down in the draft if Kalil is taken by someone else. The Bills want to draft a left tackle, but there aren't any worthy of the No. 10 spot other than Kalil. The Bills potentially could move down to No. 18 and take a player like Riley Reiff or Jonathan Martin.

Nix and Chargers GM A.J. Smith worked together for years in San Diego, so they are logical trading partners. It's so logical, we don't expect it to happen.

bricooper78
04-26-2012, 09:27 PM
Speaking of who we're going to select is the chat room going to be open for the draft? It was last year and it was fun going back and forth with everyone. Although I didn't like the early birds that announced who the pick was before it got to the podium. I guess this year they're not going to show the person when they're talking to the team that selected them. Keep the secrecy until the pick is announced...at the podium.

someone forgot to tell espn that... the nfl network is doing pretty good with that, but espn has the camera in their face til they're announced. la-ame!