PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Round Predictions

jap1
04-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Now that the 1st round is over. Who do you want to see in the 2nd Round? Some of the guys who are available:

Cordy Glenn (OT/G)
Peter Konz (C/G)
Jeff Allen (G)
Kelechi Osemele (G/T)
Coby Fleener (TE) - probably will get picked by IND or DEN
Devon Still (DE/DT)
Jerel Worthy (DE/DT)
Jon Martin (T) - doubt we go for an OT
Mike Adams (T) - doubt we go for an OT
Mychal Kendricks (ILB)

and others ...

I would be happy with either Cordy Glenn, Peter Konz, or Kendricks.

Ryfo18
04-27-2012, 12:46 AM
Personally, I think Glenn, Still and Silatolu (OG who you don't have on the list) stand out. Would be happy with Worthy as well as a DE.

brdempsey69
04-27-2012, 01:23 AM
Glenn would be my choice if available. The OG position for the Chiefs don't look good and there's no depth.

texaschief
04-27-2012, 01:54 AM
Probably best OL available... my wild card is Alshon Jeffery

toyotapower
04-27-2012, 02:03 AM
Don't forget janoris jenkins. This years justin houston

AussieChiefsFan
04-27-2012, 02:33 AM
Probably OL or LB

kcchiefs29
04-27-2012, 10:08 AM
I think the pick will either be OL or Safety - especially versatile guys who can play a couple different positions. These two positions are arguably our biggest depth holes and I hope to see two picks for each position throughout the draft. These names jump out to me for Round 2:

Peter Konz C/G (Kinda doubt he is there)
Cordy Glenn G/T
*Amini Silatolu G/T
*Kelechi Osemele G/T

*Trumaine Johnson CB/FS
*Brandon Taylor SS/FS
Markelle Martin

* People who have had visits with the Chiefs to my knowledge

buffman316
04-27-2012, 10:11 AM
I say Guard or keep bulking up that defense. A CB is needed to fill the Carr void as well. Routt is good, but not Carr good

OPLookn
04-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Actually now that I'm over the Poe pick...

I'm kind of hoping we take a DE like
Kendall Reyes, Devon Still or Jerel Worthy in that order.

If it's not a DE I'd like a safety, someone like Trumaine Johnson or Brandon Taylor.

Eydugstr
04-27-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm thinking that we need more depth at center than anything, but after the Poe pick think they'll take whoever the best available player is regardless.

Seek
04-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Lets just go ahead and make sure the D line is fixed and get Worthy. Some feel he may be a better NT than Poe, and can also rotated in for Jackson, and fill in for him next year after we cut him.

jap1
04-27-2012, 04:11 PM
There really arent very many "NEEDS" left on the team. We could use upgrades at C/G, ILB. After that, really we only need depth (granted we need depth at a lot of positions). We could use depth/people to groom to start in a couple years at: Safety, CB, ILB, OLB, DE, C, G, T, WR, RB, TE. We are either thin at those positions, or they have people who arent going to be around for more than 3 more years.

The more I think about it, we could easily trade down a little bit, and get another 3rd or 4th rounder, so that we could fill a lot of the depth needs ... or just go best player available.

Most likely, I think they get a G or C that can compete with Lilja this year and then take over next year.

jap1
04-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Lets just go ahead and make sure the D line is fixed and get Worthy. Some feel he may be a better NT than Poe, and can also rotated in for Jackson, and fill in for him next year after we cut him.

I really dont see us cutting TJ unless he doesnt want to restructure his contract. He is a great 3-4 DE IMO (obviously not in your opinion).

Also, remember DL usually take 2-3 years to really reach their potential. The Ndamukong Suh's that come in and are productive as rookies are extremely rare, and is why they are selected in the top 3.

texaschief
04-27-2012, 04:41 PM
I really dont see us cutting TJ unless he doesnt want to restructure his contract. He is a great 3-4 DE IMO (obviously not in your opinion).

Also, remember DL usually take 2-3 years to really reach their potential. The Ndamukong Suh's that come in and are productive as rookies are extremely rare, and is why they are selected in the top 3.

Jackson already restructured his contract. The Chiefs aren't cutting their #3 overall pick after 3 seasons. This topic should be ignored.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/18786722

Seek
04-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Jackson already restructured his contract. The Chiefs aren't cutting their #3 overall pick after 3 seasons. This topic should be ignored.

Report: DE Tyson Jackson restructures contract - Kansas City Chiefs - CBSSports.com RapidReports (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/18786722)
Restructured his contract making it so he can void the contract after two years, and makes his cap hit lower.

He can be cut after this year whe is will be the highest paid back up on the team.

jap1
04-27-2012, 04:55 PM

Report: DE Tyson Jackson restructures contract - Kansas City Chiefs - CBSSports.com RapidReports (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/18786722)

I meant to say restructure his contract AGAIN. I believe that link states that he is due to make 14.7 million in 2013. That is why I was saying he will need to restructure at the end of the season AGAIN. I dont think a 3-4 DE is worth that much.