PDA

View Full Version : omg, just now on sportscenter

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 02:14 AM
they just talked about LJ and showed replays with analysis and said a lot of what has been here.

some stuff not quite verbatim:

"This is not the same Larry Johnson we've seen.."

"When you do that, you may as well just lay down in the backfield."

"If he's gonna run like that, they may as well put someone else in."

I've frequently ranted about the ignorance of mainstream sports media in some of my posts here. LJ's inadequacy is so apparent that I now am agreeing with ESPN...

Here I am... Eating my crow in the corner... :beer:

Guru
10-09-2007, 02:18 AM
You have it all wrong. You do not agree with ESPN. ESPN agrees with you/us.

ESPN has been reading our site for their news obviously.

timsatt1
10-09-2007, 02:21 AM
You have it all wrong. You do not agree with ESPN. ESPN agrees with you/us.

ESPN has been reading our site for their news obviously.

true.

just wanted to say that again i pointed out Larry Johnson during game 1 and when all you backed him up still i took a lot of heat, and now it all comes out by game 5.

larry johnson sucks. a great o line in the past made him look like an all star. yes, when he was able to get in the secondary untouched, he would plow through the smaller secondary players. without a GREAT o line, he is nothing. NOTHING. NOOOOTHING. with a good o line he is nothing. only with the BEST o line is he good. then again, anyone is good. even me and you.

Guru
10-09-2007, 02:26 AM
Watch how you use that "all you" statement.

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 02:29 AM
#31 4eva!!!

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 10:54 AM
they just talked about LJ and showed replays with analysis and said a lot of what has been here.

I've frequently ranted about the ignorance of mainstream sports media in some of my posts here. LJ's inadequacy is so apparent that I now am agreeing with ESPN...

It's easy for even the very worst sports analysts to state the obvious.

anaeelbackwards
10-09-2007, 10:57 AM
at first i didn't want to listen to when everyone was saying that LJ was not that good of a rb...

but now,,,,,,,,,,,,,:drunkhb:

McLovin
10-09-2007, 11:04 AM
At first I loved this board, It seemed as though there were a lot of very good Chiefs fans. But now I am doubting. There are still a lot of knowledgeable fans on this site, but with all the bandwagon Larry sucks posts on this site I feel now is the time for me to quit posting. In the end I feel I will be the one laughing when the Chiefs and Larry are back at the top until then I say good day.

Was shooting for 500 but it was not to be. Guess it is time to find a new board with real Chiefs fans.

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 11:33 AM
At first I loved this board, It seemed as though there were a lot of very good Chiefs fans. But now I am doubting. There are still a lot of knowledgeable fans on this site, but with all the bandwagon Larry sucks posts on this site I feel now is the time for me to quit posting. In the end I feel I will be the one laughing when the Chiefs and Larry are back at the top until then I say good day.

Was shooting for 500 but it was not to be. Guess it is time to find a new board with real Chiefs fans.
Stick around bro, I need someone in the trenches with me!!!

sling58
10-09-2007, 12:18 PM

something to finally agree on

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 12:27 PM

Cya! I'm sick to death of trying to make people feel at home every time someone has an opinion other then theirs, and then proclaiming that those they disagree with aren't real fans. Yes, much of what has been posted here is out of emotional frustration from a dismal showing by an offense that neted ten freakin yards of rushing!

Look if your gonna leave just do it; I'm sick of hearing about how or why. Don't let the door hit ya in the butt on the way out!

swmochiefsfan
10-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Cya! I'm sick to death of trying to make people feel at home every time someone has an opinion other then theirs, and then proclaiming that those they disagree with aren't real fans. Yes, much of what has been posted here is out of emotional frustration from a dismal showing by an offense that neted ten freakin yards of rushing!

Look if your gonna leave just do it; I'm sick of hearing about how or why. Don't let the door hit ya in the butt on the way out!
Agreed, everyone is entilted to thier own opinions, if you dont like it take off the pampers and get over it.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Agreed, everyone is entilted to thier own opinions, if you dont like it take off the pampers and get over it.

Thank you!

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 01:20 PM

Bye! Remember to watch that door!

McLovin
10-09-2007, 01:28 PM

After rereading my own post I felt that this last line while very emotional was unfair to a large majority of the board.

I may be around some here and there, like for the play by play with HermHater, I love this, and maybe jump into a post on some rare occasions when there is intelligence in the posting.

I will not however ever make this a major part of my week like I have done for the last 2 weeks, this is in large part due to the huge amount of negativity on the boards from some of the most regular posters.

I came to this board to have a place to talk about the team I LOVE the Chiefs, not to listen to people nonstop trashing one of the best players in the league. If I wanted a reason to be a fan of another team I would have went to another teams board. I came here to get excited about the Chiefs in what may be a down season.

Again 13-3 or 3-13 I am a Chiefs FAN. No one is going to talk me out of this.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 01:43 PM
After rereading my own post I felt that this last line while very emotional was unfair to a large majority of the board.

I may be around some here and there, like for the play by play with HermHater, I love this, and maybe jump into a post on some rare occasions when there is intelligence in the posting.

I will not however ever make this a major part of my week like I have done for the last 2 weeks, this is in large part due to the huge amount of negativity on the boards from some of the most regular posters.

I came to this board to have a place to talk about the team I LOVE the Chiefs, not to listen to people nonstop trashing one of the best players in the league. If I wanted a reason to be a fan of another team I would have went to another teams board. I came here to get excited about the Chiefs in what may be a down season.

Good, great, wonderful!!! I don't recall anyone trying. I also don't recall anyone questioning your Chiefs loyalty. Here's some advice: grow some thicker skin, and please, by all means, make good use of the ignore feature so that you only respond to those who agree with you.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 03:13 PM

We are all suffering here with you guy.

This team is still in the race believe it or not.

The way we are talking is just venting frustration, I guess.

This is OUR team, not mine, not yours, not the Chiefs.

They exist solely for our amusement.

The NFL is a huge business, and business doesn't exist without customers. We are the customers and we demand excellence in the product we buy.

You might even say we are the shareholders in this corporation.

Without us it goes away.

The Hunts will never let the Chiefs leave KC (I hope) because of the fan base that has been so loyal over the last 40 or so years.

We get frustrated and say things that are negative, but it is just a way to show how much we care.

I am not an expert at the game, but I have played and watched football long enough to know when a team is not coming together, and this is that team.

We have so much talent and it is being squandered by a coach that wants to make the team in his image, instead of using his weapons.

Stop bashing the players everyone and get in HERMS A$$!

McLovin
10-09-2007, 03:18 PM

Well Said.

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 03:28 PM

The NFL is a huge business, and business doesn't exist without customers. We are the customers and we demand excellence in the product we buy.

Without us it goes away.

The Hunts will never let the Chiefs leave KC (I hope) because of the fan base that has been so loyal over the last 40 or so years.

We get frustrated and say things that are negative, but it is just a way to show how much we care.

I am not an expert at the game, but I have played and watched football long enough to know when a team is not coming together, and this is that team.

We have so much talent and it is being squandered by a coach that wants to make the team in his image, instead of using his weapons.

Herm can't block or carry the ball. Our o-cord is a former o-line coach from a Chiefs' era that possesed a very solid ground attack. Personally, I would fault him more than Herm for the incometence of our run game. However, the buck really does stop at the players when they aren't executing or performing on the field. At some point, these guys have to do what they are paid for. With our rushing game ranked last in the NFL, these guys certainly deserve some ribbing and a little bashing, IMO. If I pay somebody to do a job for me and they don't do it right, they are going to hear about it. I buy tickets and merchandise and, as a consumer, fan, and supporter of this team, I am entitled to speak my piece when the product is unsatisfactory.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 03:28 PM

Without us it goes away.

I bash both! I will not, however, sit idly by while being referred to as "not a real fan" among threats of "leaving" to find another board as if the "Crowd" couldn't possibly survive without them. I would rather someone state their opinion like the rest of us or leave without some grand announcement. JMHO

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Herm can't block or carry the ball. Our o-cord is a former o-line coach from a Chiefs' era that possesed a very solid ground attack. Personally, I would fault him more than Herm for the incometence of our run game. However, the buck really does stop at the players when they aren't executing or performing on the field. At some point, these guys have to do what they are paid for. With our rushing game ranked last in the NFL, these guys certainly deserve some ribbing and a little bashing, IMO. If I pay somebody to do a job for me and they don't do it right, they are going to hear about it. I buy tickets and merchandise and, as a consumer, fan, and supporter of this team, I am entitled to speak my piece when the product is unsatisfactory.

Exactly! Agreed with every bit of what you say here.:sign0098:

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Wow!!!! This is unbelievable. I have been talking about the "non Chiefs fan" thing for how long now? Nothin, but as soon as it's directed towards others, bam!!! It's a big deal!

hermhater
10-09-2007, 03:38 PM

It all comes back to the head coach.

He is there to utilize the talent he has, no matter who is on the field.

HERM hasn't gained their confidence or respect it appears to me.

They haven't called the guy out too publicly yet, because he is so likable.

With the loyalty this franchise has in its GM and generally our Head Coach, it is futile to bash the players for being set up for failure.

It seems like the coaches aren't preparing the offense for the defensive schemes they will see (Huard should be able to call audibles when he sees a defense he doesn't like), the defense even said after the game that the Jags threw a lot of things that they hadn't seen yet (coaches didn't scout the other team), and the special teams have made poor decisions all year.

So lets see... either we have no good players on our team, or the coaches are not doing their job to prepare them.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Wow!!!! This is unbelievable. I have been talking about the "non Chiefs fan" thing for how long now? Nothin, but as soon as it's directed towards others, bam!!! It's a big deal!

When have I referred to you, or anyone for that matter, as a non Chiefs fan?

hermhater
10-09-2007, 03:39 PM

Just because you b!tch about someones performance, or the lack of preparedness, does not make you a non-Chiefs fan.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 03:43 PM

With the loyalty this franchise has in its GM and generally our Head Coach, it is futile to bash the players for being set up for failure.

It seems like the coaches aren't preparing the offense for the defensive schemes they will see (Huard should be able to call audibles when he sees a defense he doesn't like), the defense even said after the game that the Jags threw a lot of things that they hadn't seen yet (coaches didn't scout the other team), and the special teams have made poor decisions all year.

So lets see... either we have no good players on our team, or the coaches are not doing their job to prepare them.

Again, I believe the problem is both. The coach and GM are responsible for the players on the field and the players are responsible for doing their jobs. I can see both points of view. My problem is with people who can't take a differing opinion and decide that they must be the only real Chiefs fan on the board.

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 03:52 PM

Not referring to you making the comment but I believe I have been called this from the 1st time I disagreed with Canada. Just kind of ironic how that term has been thrown around for quite some time now and nothing has been said. Looks like your boiling point is a little more tolerant than mine because I blew up about this a long time ago!!

As I believe yours is, my point for the last 2 months has been just because I or anyone else disagree with something, doesn't make that person any less of a Chiefs fan than the other!

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 03:53 PM

We have a lot of good players and a lot of talent. Believe it or not coaches can have bad games, too. It's true that the Jaguars were far better prepared than the Chiefs, not only physically, but in their scheme as well.

Isn't it possible that Jack Del Rio looked at the game against the Chiefs as a difficult challenge and maybe even a "must-win" of sorts, seeing as how they are in one of the most competitive divisions in football, currently led by one of the most mistake-free teams in the league? I'm sure the Jags know the importance of EVERY game because they want to be in a position to capitalize if the Colts slip up.

Therefore, it's entirely possible that Del Rio and his coordinators are getting creative, throwing some new things in each week that are not on tape in order to gain that element of surprise over the other team.

How are we not using the talent in the run game (other than not having Priest active)? Who would you suggest on our roster to replace the linemen who aren't blocking well right now? Or are you referring to playcalling??? Dude, it's running the football, not rocket-science. That would be a valid argument if we were still handing off the ball for a three-and-out every possession, but we aren't.

I agree that every QB should have some audible options at this level of play. That just seems like it is just taking away the ability to react to what the defense is showing, IMO. So, on that note, I agree with you but that is Solari's fault for not having an audible system in his offense.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 03:58 PM
We have a lot of good players and a lot of talent. Believe it or not coaches can have bad games, too. It's true that the Jaguars were far better prepared than the Chiefs, not only physically, but in their scheme as well.

Isn't it possible that Jack Del Rio looked at the game against the Chiefs as a difficult challenge and maybe even a "must-win" of sorts, seeing as how they are in one of the most competitive divisions in football, currently led by one of the most mistake-free teams in the league? I'm sure the Jags know the importance of EVERY game because they want to be in a position to capitalize if the Colts slip up.

Therefore, it's entirely possible that Del Rio and his coordinators are getting creative, throwing some new things in each week that are not on tape in order to gain that element of surprise over the other team.

How are we not using the talent in the run game (other than not having Priest active)? Who would you suggest on our roster to replace the linemen who aren't blocking well right now? Or are you referring to playcalling??? Dude, it's running the football, not rocket-science. That would be a valid argument if we were still handing off the ball for a three-and-out every possession, but we aren't.

I agree that every QB should have some audible options at this level of play. That just seems like it is just taking away the ability to react to what the defense is showing, IMO. So, on that note, I agree with you but that is Solari's fault for not having an audible system in his offense.

This team just doesn't look like it has come together, and I don't think it is because of the players.

They just seem disgusted to be out coached every game.

The players have made awesome plays throughout the year, and that should not be an anomaly!

This team should be dominating other teams, not playing from behind all the time.

With our defense we could be undefeated right now.

I agree the O line is making it difficult for the entire offense, but we have receivers who can break it long, and a running back that can run over linebackers and dbacks.

Besides LJ looking disgusted and apparently not trying, because he is tired of banging his head against a wall, all the players are playing with great effort.

The game plans have got to change, and we have got to get the lead early.

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 03:59 PM

I vote on the "we have no good players on our O line" If there were any semblence of an O line, the running game would be fine no matter who the RB was which would balance out the offense!

I just don't understand how people can still blame this on LJ. It's like driving a race car for 250 laps and in 240 of them you blow a tire. Lap 251, you would be expecting the same thing wouldn't you?

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Just because you b!tch about someones performance, or the lack of preparedness, does not make you a non-Chiefs fan.

Thank you; well put.

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 04:00 PM
This team just doesn't look like it has come together, and I don't think it is because of the players.

The players have made awesome plays throughout the year, and that should not be an anomaly!

This team should be dominating other teams, not playing from behind all the time.

I agree the O line is making it difficult for the entire offense, but we have receivers who can break it long, and a running back that can run over linebackers and dbacks.

Besides LJ looking disgusted and apparently not trying, because he is tired of banging his head against a wall, all the players are playing with great effort.

This team should definetly NOT be dominating teams by any stretch!!!

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Not referring to you making the comment but I believe I have been called this from the 1st time I disagreed with Canada. Just kind of ironic how that term has been thrown around for quite some time now and nothing has been said. Looks like your boiling point is a little more tolerant than mine because I blew up about this a long time ago!!

As I believe yours is, my point for the last 2 months has been just because I or anyone else disagree with something, doesn't make that person any less of a Chiefs fan than the other!

Agreed, and you make a good point.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 04:11 PM
This team should definetly NOT be dominating teams by any stretch!!!

I believe our talent far outweighs that of our opponents thus far this season.

We have been beaten by poor O line play, terrible play calling, and a general sense of apathy by the players, who are rebelling in my opinion.

They are not getting the looks that they want and don't know how to deal with that!

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 04:12 PM

We would have scored on the first drive. I guess Herm missed the FG, too.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 04:13 PM

Did you see that guy jump over the deep snapper?

I believe if Rayne tried to make the field goal it would have been blocked.

He shanked it to keep it from getting blocked, and possibly returned for a TD.

That was yet more bad blocking from our special teams.

chief31
10-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Wow!!!! This is unbelievable. I have been talking about the "non Chiefs fan" thing for how long now? Nothin, but as soon as it's directed towards others, bam!!! It's a big deal! Yeah, to whomever feels attacked by the statement. What's unusual about that?

Come on. Chiefster did the same as you did. Someone challeged his loyalty as a fan and he reacted. Same as you did. In case you hadn't noticed, I made a few remarks about calling folks "real" or "true" fans. And, when somone challenges my fan-loyalty, I may explode the same way that each of you have done. It is natural.

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Did you see that guy jump over the deep snapper?

I believe if Rayne tried to make the field goal it would have been blocked.

He shanked it to keep it from getting blocked, and possibly returned for a TD.

That was yet more bad blocking from our special teams.

O.K. Was Herm the long-snapper? No. I'm not saying Herm is great, good, or even average as a coach. The point is that there are a lot of guys on this team getting paid to do a job they aren't doing right now and that includes Herm to an extent.

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 04:17 PM
I believe our talent far outweighs that of our opponents thus far this season.

We have been beaten by poor O line play, terrible play calling, and a general sense of apathy by the players, who are rebelling in my opinion.

They are not getting the looks that they want and don't know how to deal with that!

Look, I'm not a Herm fan either but at some point the players have to be held accountable. They have been playing ball for 20+ years now. They are not puppets!! If they don't believe in whats happening like you are insinuating, be a man and step up and say something! Herm seems like a reasonable guy and playing the way they are, I think he would listen to whatever anyone had to say as long as it was respectful and in the teams best interest! I get sick of blaming the coach in all sports! Torre can't help A Rod hit the ball in the playoffs but he is going to pay for it!

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Look, I'm not a Herm fan either but at some point the players have to be held accountable. They have been playing ball for 20+ years now. They are not puppets!! If they don't believe in whats happening like you are insinuating, be a man and step up and say something! Herm seems like a reasonable guy and playing the way they are, I think he would listen to whatever anyone had to say as long as it was respectful and in the teams best interest! I get sick of blaming the coach in all sports! Torre can't help A Rod hit the ball in the playoffs but he is going to pay for it!

:sign0098: I absolutely agree. Good post.

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Yeah, to whomever feels attacked by the statement. What's unusual about that?

Come on. Chiefster did the same as you did. Someone challeged his loyalty as a fan and he reacted. Same as you did. In case you hadn't noticed, I made a few remarks about calling folks "real" or "true" fans. And, when somone challenges my fan-loyalty, I may explode the same way that each of you have done. It is natural.
:sign0153:
Are you agreeing with me????? Or what?

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Yeah, to whomever feels attacked by the statement. What's unusual about that?

There was that, however, my initial displeasure was directed towards leaving the site because people disagree with a persons point of view. I'd just rather they leave, if they're going to, without the grand announcement. Good reply.

McLovin
10-09-2007, 04:45 PM
There was that, however, my initial displeasure was directed towards leaving the site because people disagree with a persons point of view. I'd just rather they leave, if they're going to, without the grand announcement. Good reply.

For starters I have been fairly quiet about this after the initial blow up all day, I even agree with you to some extent about LJ and his attitude, but come on shut up about it already it isn't helping anything to bash LJ when a big part of it isn't his fault.

Second I soon after the first post (which was made in anger over seeing 30 some posts this morning (this may be an exaggeration) talking about how we should have traded LJ when we had the chance. I issued an apology statement in which I said that the non fan thing was uncalled for on my part and was out of emotion.

Third and last I did what I felt responsible toward the crowd and the board. If I felt this strongly about it as much as I have tried to be involved on this board (often agreeing whole heartedly with you chiefster about different things on this board) then I can only imagine what someone reading this board and thinking about joining see's, I know the sites background because I have been here a while to know, but if someone came in and all they saw was LJ bashing and post whoring why would they join. and remember this month there is a drive to try and get new members.

chief31
10-09-2007, 04:50 PM

You are definitely right. Often coaches get too much blame. In this case, you seem to want to hold the offensive linemen responsible, but who is responsible for the personell?

I know, the GM. But the head coach tells the GM who he wants and the GM gos and gets him. Herm failed to take the offensive line seriously, during the offseason, and is now taking the blame for poor offensive line play.

Is that so wrong?

hermhater
10-09-2007, 04:51 PM
O.K. Was Herm the long-snapper? No. I'm not saying Herm is great, good, or even average as a coach. The point is that there are a lot of guys on this team getting paid to do a job they aren't doing right now and that includes Herm to an extent.

I am agreeing with you that the players need to step up their game, but I was always taught that the blame goes to the guy at the top.

If we don't agree on that then fine, but I think the players we have are doing pretty good, they are just confused, and don't seem to have direction.

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 04:54 PM
You are definitely right. Often coaches get too much blame. In this case, you seem to want to hold the offensive linemen responsible, but who is responsible for the personell?

I know, the GM. But the head coach tells the GM who he wants and the GM gos and gets him. Herm failed to take the offensive line seriously, during the offseason, and is now taking the blame for poor offensive line play.

Is that so wrong?

We may have to agree to disagree on this. I believe to a certain extent the GM listens to the coach but not as often as you might. I think there are coaches out there that are like the President. They are in charge but delagate the lions share of work and decision making out to others. I believe Herm is one of these coaches.

McLovin
10-09-2007, 04:57 PM
I am agreeing with you that the players need to step up their game, but I was always taught that the blame goes to the guy at the top.

If we don't agree on that then fine, but I think the players we have are doing pretty good, they are just confused, and don't seem to have direction.
If a player is doing bad you fire the player. If a team is doing bad you dont fire the whole team. You fire the coach.

chief31
10-09-2007, 05:01 PM
For starters I have been fairly quiet about this after the initial blow up all day, I even agree with you to some extent about LJ and his attitude, but come on shut up about it already it isn't helping anything to bash LJ when a big part of it isn't his fault.

Second I soon after the first post (which was made in anger over seeing 30 some posts this morning (this may be an exaggeration) talking about how we should have traded LJ when we had the chance. I issued an apology statement in which I said that the non fan thing was uncalled for on my part and was out of emotion.

Third and last I did what I felt responsible toward the crowd and the board. If I felt this strongly about it as much as I have tried to be involved on this board (often agreeing whole heartedly with you chiefster about different things on this board) then I can only imagine what someone reading this board and thinking about joining see's, I know the sites background because I have been here a while to know, but if someone came in and all they saw was LJ bashing and post whoring why would they join. and remember this month there is a drive to try and get new members.

After such a poor performance against the Jags, everyone is extr irritable. Obviously you have showed some of that and so is Chiefster. Everyone is kinda "edgy" right now and seems like everyone is over-reacting.

I am the LJ trader. Facts are facts. I realized that our offensive line was in big trouble this year and that resigning him to a huge contract was going to be a waste. It's really that simple. Why pay an 1800 yard rushers price, for what could be an 800 yard rusher.

No need to be mad, that is just how I feel.

chief31
10-09-2007, 05:03 PM
We may have to agree to disagree on this. I believe to a certain extent the GM listens to the coach but not as often as you might. I think there are coaches out there that are like the President. They are in charge but delagate the lions share of work and decision making out to others. I believe Herm is one of these coaches.

So then it is a coincidence that Herm has never drafted offensive linemen? That is why I hold Herm so highly responsible for this.

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 05:03 PM
After such a poor performance against the Jags, everyone is extr irritable. Obviously you have showed some of that and so is Chiefster. Everyone is kinda "edgy" right now and seems like everyone is over-reacting.

I am the LJ trader. Facts are facts. I realized that our offensive line was in big trouble this year and that resigning him to a huge contract was going to be a waste. It's really that simple. Why pay an 1800 yard rushers price, for what could be an 800 yard rusher.

Why not keep a franchise player and sign a couple of the 416,857 FA offensive linemen that were available in the offseason?

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 05:04 PM
So then it is a coincidence that Herm has never drafted offensive linemen? That is why I hold Herm so highly responsible for this.
Solari was his boy then and Solari is his boy now!

hermhater
10-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Why not keep a franchise player and sign a couple of the 416,857 FA offensive linemen that were available in the offseason?

I thought TG was our franchise player?

McLovin
10-09-2007, 05:06 PM

Not mad I am mostly over that. My biggest point of disagreement on this is, hopefully it is one year, why get rid of a stud because you know he is going to have a down year. Realize it then cope with it, worst case scenario is he would end up on another team in the division and we would have to face him twice a year. Best case scenario of trading him is we shore up the line and can use his skills and he is gone. Then we have to settle for something way less then we had in the first place.

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 05:06 PM
I thought TG was our franchise player?

I don't believe that when you have a back that runs the way he did last year, you would consider your TE your franchise player. He can only touch the ball so many times. Has a team ever considered a TE their franchise player?

hermhater
10-09-2007, 05:12 PM
I don't believe that when you have a back that runs the way he did last year, you would consider your TE your franchise player. He can only touch the ball so many times. Has a team ever considered a TE their franchise player?

Transactions: Signed a five-year contract extension with Kansas City (1/12/07) ... Signed a seven-year contract with Kansas City (9/13/02) ... Signed one-year Exclusive Franchise Tender with Kansas City (8/30/02) ... Designated as the Franchise Player by Kansas City (2/21/02) ... Signed a six-year contract with Kansas City (7/29/97) ... The Chiefs moved up five spots in the first round of the ‘97 NFL Draft to select Gonzalez with the 13th overall selection in a draft-day trade with Houston. The Chiefs obtained the Oilers first-round pick (13th overall - used on Gonzalez) and their fourth-round pick (110th overall - used on QB Pat Barnes) in exchange for Kansas City’s original first-round selection (18th overall - used on DE Kenny Holmes), a third-round pick (81st overall - used on T Scott Sanderson), a fourth-round pick (116th overall - subsequently traded by Houston to New Orleans) and a sixth-round selection (181st overall - used on LB Dennis Stallings) ... Declared for the draft following his junior season.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/tony_gonzalez/

It was a while ago, but you did say EVER...

chief31
10-09-2007, 05:21 PM

You are *****in' about those "416,857" guys, right now! Larry isn't a super-stud, like so many believe, and there was absolutely nothing available in free agency.

Solari was his boy then and Solari is his boy now!

Oh. The ole "pass the buck" routine. He is the head coach and has a responsibility to either get the right players, or get rid of Solari, if he is the problem. You, yourself have ripped DV for his loyalty and therefore failure with the Chiefs defense, now you want to pass the buck for Herm That is insanely hypocritical.

Not mad I am mostly over that. My biggest point of disagreement on this is, hopefully it is one year, why get rid of a stud because you know he is going to have a down year. Realize it then cope with it, worst case scenario is he would end up on another team in the division and we would have to face him twice a year. Best case scenario of trading him is we shore up the line and can use his skills and he is gone. Then we have to settle for something way less then we had in the first place.

I don't think LJ is the stud that you do. I never did. He was a result of a great offensive line and a great offense, with a great offensive mind to blend it together. Period. Not that I think he is a "scrub", but that he isn't Superman. Why pay him Supermans paycheck, is all.

I considered Will Shields the "franchise player". He doesn't touch the ball at all.

timsatt1
10-09-2007, 05:27 PM

yes, great comment. I posted in another thread that this is what did us in. We kicked our own arzz on the very first drive.

the FG killed momentum of having our FIRST 1st half lead of the year.

that could have changed EVERYTHING and when you have the lead, your offense works that much better.

besides talent and game plan, the game of psychology and confidence plays a HUGE factor in sports of all levels, and when you miss a field goal to take the lead that is devistating and game-changing. even though it happend the very first drive. yes, there was all game to recover from that...but had it gone in...it would have been an entirely different ball game. The key in that game was the missed FG.

that is why i say.....get over this game. we are ok. Last year...at the end of the year...we were NOT ok. we had to rely two weeks in a row for the right teams to lose, plus us to win....miraculously we made the playoffs..i still dont know how, given the situation in week 15.

but this year in week 5....WE ARE IN GREAT POSITION, and we hold the key to our own destiny.

Everyone settle down and take a deep breath and wait to see what the coaches and players give us this Sunday against the Bengals. I think whichever team scores first is going to win.

timsatt1
10-09-2007, 05:34 PM
If a player is doing bad you fire the player. If a team is doing bad you dont fire the whole team. You fire the coach.

you cant fire a person that just signed a multi year, multi million dollar contract. LJ is my most disliked chief player in the history of the sport.

Then again, he is the only one I have heard bash his own player and coach (priest and vermiel.)

then the whole rap song, ok whatever, i dont take that too seriously. But when I hear that he was mad after the Chiefs first win of the seaosn and was pouting after the game....after a win.... i realized what i already knew, he plays for team LJ and team pro ball...lol which he will never see hawaii again....but he does not play for team Kansas City Chiefs.

by the way, i thought you were leaving. i was wanting to be the first one to say goodbye...but a few ppl beat me to it.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 05:39 PM

You lost me right there; I will not shut up. I'm not going to apologize for my point of view, which incidentally includes not placing all the blame on LJ, and will voice it. I can appreciate the fact that you believe you are reacting in the best interest of the board, but tell me how you think it looks to potential new members to read how someone is going to leave because of an opposing point of view. If you're expecting me to beg you to stay; it isn't going to happen. Now I'm more then happy to see you stick around, and I don't dislike you, but if you're serious about leaving then don't talk about it just do it.

I didn't ask you to join, and I won't insist that you leave. You have been a good contributer to the boards; this did, however, strike a nerve with me.

Ok, and of rant, I will try to concentrate on the one thing that I know we all here have in common; Chiefs football.

McLovin
10-09-2007, 05:40 PM
I don't think LJ is the stud that you do. I never did. He was a result of a great offensive line and a great offense, with a great offensive mind to blend it together. Period. Not that I think he is a "scrub", but that he isn't Superman. Why pay him Supermans paycheck, is all.

I for one don't think anyone is worth the type of money these guys get, But if we didn't pay it someone would have.

I still believe this is going to be a bad year all around but If I put up the kind of numbers LJ has and I got pounded that many times and took the risk of getting a career ending injury on every play your darn right I would go after as much as I could get, and again someone was going to pay it.

I am glad king carl finally loosened the wallet some and kept a good player instead of dealin them out for someone inferior who they can pay less.

chief31
10-09-2007, 05:48 PM
I for one don't think anyone is worth the type of money these guys get, But if we didn't pay it someone would have.

NO. They wouldn't. He was under contract. He could have sat out all year and then what? Noone would have given him that kind of money, a year removed from the game. And if he decided to go ahead and play, then we would see what we are seeing right now. Noone would have payed him what we did, after this season.

But, if we had dealt him....

I still believe this is going to be a bad year all around but If I put up the kind of numbers LJ has and I got pounded that many times and took the risk of getting a career ending injury on every play your darn right I would go after as much as I could get, and again someone was going to pay it.

I don't blame him for going after the money. I blame us for giving it to him.

I am glad king carl finally loosened the wallet some and kept a good player instead of dealin them out for someone inferior who they can pay less.

Larry Johnson is not all that special to me. Anyone can run behind a train and then lay down when the train is gone. :D

hermhater
10-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Larry Johnson is not all that special to me. Anyone can run behind a train and then lay down when the train is gone. :D

I'm not trying to defend anyones point of view here, but don't you guys remember when he had the line?

He would get a hole and then run over the linebackers and the dbacks.

Usually 2 or 3 in one play.

With a line he is something spectacular. All he needs is a few holes to get in the open field.

I don't believe any back would be doing well with our line right now.

I can't say that chief31 is right for wanting to get rid of LJ and help the line, because I am not that great at assessing linemen.

But he was right about one thing, our line stinks, and something needed to be done in the off season, now we have to deal with what we have.

McLovin
10-09-2007, 05:54 PM
You lost me right there; I ill not shut up. I'm not going to apologize for my point of view, which incidentally includes not placing all the blame on LJ, and will voice it. I can appreciate the fact that you believe you are reacting in the best interest of the board, but tell me how you think it looks to potential new members to read how someone is going to leave because of an opposing point of view. If you're expecting me to beg you to stay; it isn't going to happen. Now I'm more then happy to see you stick around, and I don't dislike you, but if you're serious about leaving then don't talk about it just do it.

I didn't ask you to join, and I won't insist that you leave. You have been a good contributer to the boards; this did, however, strike a nerve with me.

Ok, and of rant, I will try to concentrate on the one thing that I know we all here have in common; Chiefs football.
Again the shut up line wasnt my finest moment, it would be a very boring board if you shut up(well maybe not but more boring and not as many factual opinions presented in the least). Although you did take this out of context, I said shut up about it, meaning the LJ bashing non stop.

I understand it striking a nerve it struck a nerve with me for so many people who I respect calling LJ a loser because he isn't being productive yet this year. I have followed LJ much closer then I have most any player on this team, I feel I know more of what he was about when he signed then a lot of the people on the board. I may be wrong about him now but I certainly dont believe I am and I am waiting for those that bashed him to have to admit they were wrong about him.

No I do not expect nor want you to beg me to stay, I feel that my decision to stay or leave should be based on more then one poster, if I can't tolerate a poster there is the ignore feature. What I wanted was simply for you and the others posting (as this wasn't aimed exclusively at you) to lay off LJ a little and try to see an opposing viewpoint. If the team does in fact read on here (never know) seeing the fans lack of interest in LJ sure isn't going to help his attitude toward this great city and great team.

If the playoffs are the goal then there is a chance we can make it this year. But I certainly would take a bad year to go further in the near future rather then to consistently be mediocre. You sometimes have to fight through the bad to get to the good.

In conclusion I hope to have many more good deep sometimes discussions with you in the future, I also do not want nor expect us to always have the same viewpoint and opinion on subjects, If so what would there be to talk about.

As for Timsatt good to see you.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Again the shut up line wasnt my finest moment, it would be a very boring board if you shut up(well maybe not but more boring and not as many factual opinions presented in the least). Although you did take this out of context, I said shut up about it, meaning the LJ bashing non stop.

I understand it striking a nerve it struck a nerve with me for so many people who I respect calling LJ a loser because he isn't being productive yet this year. I have followed LJ much closer then I have most any player on this team, I feel I know more of what he was about when he signed then a lot of the people on the board. I may be wrong about him now but I certainly dont believe I am and I am waiting for those that bashed him to have to admit they were wrong about him.

No I do not expect nor want you to beg me to stay, I feel that my decision to stay or leave should be based on more then one poster, if I can't tolerate a poster there is the ignore feature. What I wanted was simply for you and the others posting (as this wasn't aimed exclusively at you) to lay off LJ a little and try to see an opposing viewpoint. If the team does in fact read on here (never know) seeing the fans lack of interest in LJ sure isn't going to help his attitude toward this great city and great team.

If the playoffs are the goal then there is a chance we can make it this year. But I certainly would take a bad year to go further in the near future rather then to consistently be mediocre. You sometimes have to fight through the bad to get to the good.

In conclusion I hope to have many more good deep sometimes discussions with you in the future, I also do not want nor expect us to always have the same viewpoint and opinion on subjects, If so what would there be to talk about.

As for Timsatt good to see you.

I have never had a problem admitting I am wrong when I am, in fact, wrong.

I can appreciate trying to get a crossed an opposing point of view but threatening to leave is probably not the best way to go about it JMHO.

Truce, ok?

Did you get your PM?

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 06:13 PM
The reason I've been so hard on LJ this week is because I have believed in him and predicted him to break-out every week. I know he is getting no help from the o-line at all and that is largely at fault here. I'm sorry I came across so negative about LJ, I don't want him to do poorly by any means. Ask anybody here, I've been calling for LJ to go 100+ and 2 TD's every week. I'm just tired of the taste of crow, now. Also, the Chiefs putting up the second-worst rushing performance in frachise history after making said statements really hurt me and the wound has yet to stop bleeding. I know everything is not LJ's fault by any means. I still think he deserves some criticism along with the line but I could have been more mature and constructive about delivering said criticism.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 06:16 PM
The reason I've been so hard on LJ this week is because I have believed in him and predicted him to break-out every week. I know he is getting no help from the o-line at all and that is largely at fault here. I'm sorry I came across so negative about LJ, I don't want him to do poorly by any means. Ask anybody here, I've been calling for LJ to go 100+ and 2 TD's every week. I'm just tired of the taste of crow, now. Also, the Chiefs putting up the second-worst rushing performance in frachise history after making said statements really hurt me and the wound has yet to stop bleeding. I know everything is not LJ's fault by any means. I still think he deserves some criticism along with the line but I could have been more mature and constructive about delivering said criticism.

Same here.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 06:19 PM

I'm with you man.

I lost about $1,000,000 Arrowcash on LJ having a big game.

Looks like you lost a bit more.

It is so frustrating to watch this year, it makes me want to rip somebodies head off!

We are still in this though.

We are still only half a game out of first place right now.

SD and Denver both have division losses, so all it takes is the Raiders loss and us to win at ARROWHEAD, and we will be number one in the division, regardless of any other outcome.

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm with you man.

I lost about $1,000,000 Arrowcash on LJ having a big game.

Looks like you lost a bit more.

It is so frustrating to watch this year, it makes me want to rip somebodies head off!

We are still in this though.

We are still only half a game out of first place right now.

SD and Denver both have division losses, so all it takes is the Raiders loss and us to win at ARROWHEAD, and we will be number one in the division, regardless of any other outcome.

Our fate is definately still in our own hands. This will be a good test to see how a lot of these young guys respond to such a physical beat-down.

McLovin
10-09-2007, 06:23 PM
I agree and I hope the locker room cancer thing is wrong. I do agree he deserves some criticism but I think for a while he was bearing a lil too much.

I personally am going to try to step back more when I am angry and not type, What got me most was the sincere respect I have for you and Chiefster there are some here that could have typed the same thing that you too did and I would have either not replied or I would have said, Hi nice to see you.

To be very honest right now I am scared to death about the whole locker room cancer thing, Moss is doing good this year, TO is getting along with the team, and I really don't want to see LJ dominant for another team, and I know that is what will happen if he is starting to be a cancer.

I also could have used better judgement on more then one occasion today.

Hope to argue again soon, just not as violently.
Again Chiefster same feelings.

Much respect for you both.

GO Chiefs

hermhater
10-09-2007, 06:26 PM
I agree and I hope the locker room cancer thing is wrong. I do agree he deserves some criticism but I think for a while he was bearing a lil too much.

I personally am going to try to step back more when I am angry and not type, What got me most was the sincere respect I have for you and Chiefster there are some here that could have typed the same thing that you too did and I would have either not replied or I would have said, Hi nice to see you.

To be very honest right now I am scared to death about the whole locker room cancer thing, Moss is doing good this year, TO is getting along with the team, and I really don't want to see LJ dominant for another team, and I know that is what will happen if he is starting to be a cancer.

GO Chiefs

:sign0098: Way to use the Enter key!

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 06:35 PM

GO Chiefs

I too, hope LJ can turn his current trials into something that will further help him mature and develop as a great player in the NFL. I pray that the 'cancer' thing will prove to be unfounded speculation in the future because it scares me also. I want to personally apologize to you, bryonc because some of my statements were laden with sarcasm and pessimism which is something I usually try to stay away from and also something you did not deserve. You are a good contributor to the site and my dissatisfaction with the Chiefs or their perfomance should in no way be directed toward somebody that has no more control than I do of the situation. I will always defend opinions I feel are valid but you are entitled to yours and I to mine. My negativity directed toward you at times was absolutely unwarranted and for that, again, I am sorry.

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 07:16 PM
You are *****in' about those "416,857" guys, right now! Larry isn't a super-stud, like so many believe, and there was absolutely nothing available in free agency.

Oh. The ole "pass the buck" routine. He is the head coach and has a responsibility to either get the right players, or get rid of Solari, if he is the problem. You, yourself have ripped DV for his loyalty and therefore failure with the Chiefs defense, now you want to pass the buck for Herm That is insanely hypocritical.

I considered Will Shields the "franchise player". He doesn't touch the ball at all.

Like I have said MULTIPLE times, two years ago there were a TON of free agent lineman and we made a run at nobody!

I agree that ultimately, the head coach is responsible but I also believe that CP has a lot more control over this team than you may believe. However, he will not be the whipping boy, Herm will.

I have never *****ed about DV's defense! I like offense and if we happen to field a decent defense, great!

He is a top 5 RB in the league anyway you cut it. Most will tell you this. He was to be paid $1.7 or so, apparently that was too much to in your mind!

Most RB's are products of their O line. One that was better than avg. with no line was Sanders. Why did he retire?

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Transactions: Signed a five-year contract extension with Kansas City (1/12/07) ... Signed a seven-year contract with Kansas City (9/13/02) ... Signed one-year Exclusive Franchise Tender with Kansas City (8/30/02) ... Designated as the Franchise Player by Kansas City (2/21/02) ... Signed a six-year contract with Kansas City (7/29/97) ... The Chiefs moved up five spots in the first round of the ‘97 NFL Draft to select Gonzalez with the 13th overall selection in a draft-day trade with Houston. The Chiefs obtained the Oilers first-round pick (13th overall - used on Gonzalez) and their fourth-round pick (110th overall - used on QB Pat Barnes) in exchange for Kansas City’s original first-round selection (18th overall - used on DE Kenny Holmes), a third-round pick (81st overall - used on T Scott Sanderson), a fourth-round pick (116th overall - subsequently traded by Houston to New Orleans) and a sixth-round selection (181st overall - used on LB Dennis Stallings) ... Declared for the draft following his junior season.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/tony_gonzalez/

It was a while ago, but you did say EVER...

This is in reguards to the Franchise Tag.

chief31
10-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Like I have said MULTIPLE times, two years ago there were a TON of free agent lineman and we made a run at nobody!

Well, there were two proven guys, anyway. But they needed to be drafting some guys, as well as looking for free-agents.

I agree that ultimately, the head coach is responsible but I also believe that CP has a lot more control over this team than you may believe. However, he will not be the whipping boy, Herm will.

NO, I understand what a GM does. He is responsible for all contract negotiations. He drafts what the head coach feels he needs and is much more responsible, when it comes to free-agency pick-ups. That's why I blame Herm for the lack of O-linemen that we have drafted.

I have never *****ed about DV's defense! I like offense and if we happen to field a decent defense, great!

Could have been someone else. My bad.

He is a top 5 RB in the league anyway you cut it. Most will tell you this.

I don't care what most people think. I don't put a whole lot of stock into others' opinions about something, when I have my own opinion on the matter. And my opinion is that he isn't one of the top ten RBs in the NFL. He only looked that way, because the offensive line made him look that way.

He was to be paid $1.7 or so, apparently that was too much to in your mind!

No way!!! Drunkhillbilly exaggerating?!?!?! This is a new trick for you, isn't it? Obviously, he had already earned a big paycheck. But not a long-term contract that guarantees those big paydays, without any guaranteed return, for many years. At least not with this team.

Most RB's are products of their O line. One that was better than avg. with no line was Sanders. Why did he retire?

Dammit, if I don't know. Damn those Lions!!!!!!:mob:

Anyway, I have little doubt that had LJ been dealt, he would have had alot more success, than what he is having with us. But knowing that we were without an offensive line made me not want to overpay for a weapon that we were going to be unable to use properly.

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Dammit, if I don't know. Damn those Lions!!!!!!:mob:

Anyway, I have little doubt that had LJ been dealt, he would have had alot more success, than what he is having with us. But knowing that we were without an offensive line made me not want to overpay for a weapon that we were going to be unable to use properly.

So if you think he was an avg RB with a good line, why didn't we get any O linemen. They are easier to get on the free agent market than a Stud RB. Like byronc said, somebody was going to pay this kid the money he wanted. Then what, not only would we have a travisty at the QB position, we would have one at the RB position too! What Bennett and Smith?

scottone928
10-09-2007, 07:46 PM
I think most of LJ's problem is that he is not in game shape yet. If I am not mistaken didn't he hold out of training camp until his new contract. When you look at these guys going through training camp and preseason buy the time the regualar season roles around they are in playing shape. I think you will see LJ get alot better as the season goes along and he gets into game/playing shape. imo

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 07:52 PM
I think most of LJ's problem is that he is not in game shape yet. If I am not mistaken didn't he hold out of training camp until his new contract. When you look at these guys going through training camp and preseason buy the time the regualar season roles around they are in playing shape. I think you will see LJ get alot better as the season goes along and he gets into game/playing shape. imo

I hope you're right.

chief31
10-09-2007, 07:52 PM
So if you think he was an avg RB with a good line, why didn't we get any O linemen. They are easier to get on the free agent market than a Stud RB. Like byronc said, somebody was going to pay this kid the money he wanted. Then what, not only would we have a travisty at the QB position, we would have one at the RB position too! What Bennett and Smith?

I haven't seen said "stud" this year. And obviously, we should have gotten some offensive linemen. That is exactly where I live. But the Vikings over-paid and made the wording of their contract offer to Steve Hutchison very difficult to match. And the Browns were dead-set on getting Bently. I do think that we could have gone after Leonard Davis, to fill-in in Shields' void. But that is no excuse for continuing to ignore the positional needs in the draft, which I blame quite squarely on the head coaches head. If you have failed to find guys for those needs in free-agency, then you have to make a move in the draft. And even if they had gotten Davis and McIntosh, then I still think that they needed to address the lack of depth, through the draft.

Free-agent offensive linemen are extremely rare. If they are very good, then they are quite rarely allowed to get away.

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 08:07 PM
I haven't seen said "stud" this year. And obviously, we should have gotten some offensive linemen. That is exactly where I live. But the Vikings over-paid and made the wording of their contract offer to Steve Hutchison very difficult to match. And the Browns were dead-set on getting Bently. I do think that we could have gone after Leonard Davis, to fill-in in Shields' void. But that is no excuse for continuing to ignore the positional needs in the draft, which I blame quite squarely on the head coaches head. If you have failed to find guys for those needs in free-agency, then you have to make a move in the draft. And even if they had gotten Davis and McIntosh, then I still think that they needed to address the lack of depth, through the draft.

Free-agent offensive linemen are extremely rare. If they are very good, then they are quite rarely allowed to get away.

As you mentioned Hutchinson
Davis
Runyan
Walter Jones
Rivera
And the guy that protected Manning. Name escapes me right now. I'm sure there's more but my point is that they were all available and talking to teams at one point in the last 2 seasons. CP didn't even bring em in for a talk! I believe all that I mentioned have been probowlers (except Davis and he will be this year ).

chief31
10-09-2007, 08:11 PM
As you mentioned Hutchinson
Davis
Runyan
Walter Jones
Rivera
And the guy that protected Manning. Name escapes me right now. I'm sure there's more but my point is that they were all available and talking to teams at one point in the last 2 seasons. CP didn't even bring em in for a talk! I believe all that I mentioned have been probowlers (except Davis and he will be this year ).

Kudos on Rivera. I forgot himentirely, but Runyan and Jones were both restricted, if memory serves. Sure they could have gone after them, but it was doubtful that anyhting would have become of that. And either way, it still doesn't excuse Herm for disregarding the position through the draft.

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Kudos on Rivera. I forgot himentirely, but Runyan and Jones were both restricted, if memory serves. Sure they could have gone after them, but it was doubtful that anyhting would have become of that. And either way, it still doesn't excuse Herm for disregarding the position through the draft.
Agreed. I believe you build your depth through the draft unless there is an absolute stud available.

chief31
10-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Agreed. I believe you build your depth through the draft unless there is an absolute stud available.

Uhh-oh. What arte we gonna do now? :lol:

All of my problems with Herm stem from the fact that he has a history of neglecting his offensive line, when draft time comes. Thus causing alot of offensive problems. If he fixes that, then I may have to become a Herm-supporter.

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Uhh-oh. What arte we gonna do now? :lol:

All of my problems with Herm stem from the fact that he has a history of neglecting his offensive line, when draft time comes. Thus causing alot of offensive problems. If he fixes that, then I may have to become a Herm-supporter.

EASY!!!!:sign0153:

m0ebr0
10-09-2007, 09:11 PM

Bennet and Smith seem to get more yards for the 1 play they are in then LJ does. Ive seen both of them break out decent runs while LJ just gets stuffed. We have to remember Bennet was a Pro Bowl back for the Vikings.

Our line is a catastrophe right now i agree. Herm definitally needs to get some linemen so we can get a dynamic run game again. We also need to get a blocking fullback again to take the lead block for LJ so he can break a big run.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Bennet and Smith seem to get more yards for the 1 play they are in then LJ does. Ive seen both of them break out decent runs while LJ just gets stuffed. We have to remember Bennet was a Pro Bowl back for the Vikings.

Our line is a catastrophe right now i agree. Herm definitally needs to get some linemen so we can get a dynamic run game again. We also need to get a blocking fullback again to take the lead block for LJ so he can break a big run.

Agreed! Good reply!

Guru
10-10-2007, 01:16 AM
Jeez this thread went SOUTH for awhile. This is America right? We CAN agree to disagree.

There is nothing worse then saying anyone is not a REAL fan. Carl learned this the hard way.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 01:18 AM
Jeez this thread went SOUTH for awhile. This is America right? We CAN agree to disagree.

There is nothing worse then saying anyone is not a REAL fan. Carl learned this the hard way.

Excellent point.

m0ef0e
10-10-2007, 01:26 AM

NO!!

PRIEST!!
#31 FOREVER!!

IMO, Herm is now taking the heat for the latest and most-recent greatest queen carl blunder....

NOT KEEPING T-RICH!!!

Guru
10-10-2007, 01:28 AM
NO!!

PRIEST!!
#31 FOREVER!!

IMO, Herm is now taking the heat for the latest and most-recent greatest queen carl blunder....

NOT KEEPING T-RICH!!!

DAMNIT CARL!!!!

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 01:29 AM
NO!!

PRIEST!!
#31 FOREVER!!

NOT KEEPING T-RICH!!!

Eggsactly!

hermhater
10-10-2007, 01:33 AM
DAMNIT CARL!!!!

I think Carl should be a producer for a reality show or something.

He sure knows how to keep us on the edge of our seats...

HMMMMM....

Kind of feels like what is happening right now is part of a reality show.

He has every year scripted.

He doesn't want us to win a Super Bowl because then we would stop watching?

That guy is a joke.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 01:54 AM
I think Carl should be a producer for a reality show or something.

He sure knows how to keep us on the edge of our seats...

HMMMMM....

Kind of feels like what is happening right now is part of a reality show.

He has every year scripted.

He doesn't want us to win a Super Bowl because then we would stop watching?

That guy is a joke.

...And a not so funny one.

m0ef0e
10-10-2007, 01:56 AM
...And a not so funny one.

not funny at all... although, Tony Richardson may find at least a little humor in the situation. I wouldn't blame him...

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 02:01 AM
not funny at all... although, Tony Richardson may find at least a little humor in the situation. I wouldn't blame him...

For sure; we just had to "get younger" while obtaining Donnie Edwards and Harrison. Not complaining about getting those guys, but I'm sure they used the "getting younger" bit on T-Rich.

rbedgood
10-10-2007, 02:01 AM

Probably me :yahoo: :yahoo:

hermhater
10-10-2007, 02:05 AM

Yet another reason to b!tch at Carl.

How do you keep letting the premiere players at their position go?

TG and LJ were the best moves he ever made, but 2 out of 230 doesn't make him right.

Just so I have it right, guys, the Head Coach tells the GM who he wants in the draft?

He also decides who will play not the GM?

The GM has final say, but can veto the coaches decision?

Does the GM generally know more than a Head Coach around the league?

Did Herm have a bad GM in NY?

Why is this happening to us?

m0ef0e
10-10-2007, 02:05 AM
For sure; we just had to "get younger" while obtaining Donnie Edwards and Harrison. Not complaining about getting those guys, but I'm sure they used the "getting younger" bit on T-Rich.

yeah, i can hear the used-car sales pitch now...

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 02:07 AM
Probably me :yahoo: :yahoo:

Heh! Forgot about you.:lol::funnypost:

rbedgood
10-10-2007, 02:08 AM

If you are looking at the O-line FAs from last year, look at what Cleveland did...2 FAs and 1 rookie on their O-line and Jamal Lewis looks like he's in 2003 again.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 02:09 AM
yeah, i can hear the used-car sales pitch now...

Herm is a master at it. Did you here what he was tellin Casey Printers on Hard Knocks when Printers asked him what he needed to do to be in consideration for the number one spot?

m0ef0e
10-10-2007, 02:11 AM
Herm is a master at it. Did you here what he was tellin Casey Printers on Hard Knocks when Printers asked him what he needed to do to be in consideration for the number one spot?

No, I still haven't seen hard knocks.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 02:42 AM
No, I still haven't seen hard knocks.

Well suffice it to say Herm was blowin smoke.

m0ef0e
10-10-2007, 02:44 AM

omg! :lol: no way!

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 02:46 AM
omg! :lol: no way!

Ummm; meaning he was just putting a positive spin on things without any real substance to what he was saying.

rbedgood
10-10-2007, 03:46 AM

"Smoke"...is that Carl's nickname?!?

hermhater
10-10-2007, 03:50 AM

I would call him the Lying Banterer.

He is better than that, than anything else.

How do we really judge a Head Coach?

Someone tell me what the qualifications are?

Guru
10-10-2007, 03:50 AM

"Blowin' smoke" would roll off the tongue much better though.

Carl "blowin' smoke" Peterson

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 09:08 AM
"Blowin' smoke" would roll off the tongue much better though.

Carl "blowin' smoke" Peterson

Yep! :lol:

chief31
10-10-2007, 09:15 AM

NOT KEEPING T-RICH!!!

That would definitely rest squarely on the shoulders of Carl Peterson. Good call.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 09:18 AM
That would definitely rest squarely on the shoulders of Carl Peterson. Good call.

Carl is an idiot.

swmochiefsfan
10-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Carl is an idiot.
Absofrekinlutly.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Absofrekinlutly.

Without doubt. :D

m0ebr0
10-10-2007, 01:24 PM

Maybe T-Rich was getting old. That great to get another fullback. Let him learn under T-Rich for a few years. The fact that we got rid of T-Rich and never even looked at another fullback is the problem. Lets lose 1 player and not get anyone tof ill his spot.

Great idea Carl...<---:sign0104:

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Maybe T-Rich was getting old. That great to get another fullback. Let him learn under T-Rich for a few years. The fact that we got rid of T-Rich and never even looked at another fullback is the problem. Lets lose 1 player and not get anyone tof ill his spot.

Great idea Carl...<---:sign0104:

Like I said Carl's an idiot.

pransburg816
10-10-2007, 04:35 PM
LJ doesn't seem like he has the passion anymore. His running style sucks! What happened to the straight up agressive runner? Now that he's sign the big contract, he has nothing to play for. I say the Chiefs and Fans get a refund from Willie Beaman (Any give sunday Character) opps I mean Larry Johnson, bench and try out Bennett and have Priest as a full back.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 05:06 PM
LJ doesn't seem like he has the passion anymore. His running style sucks! What happened to the straight up agressive runner? Now that he's sign the big contract, he has nothing to play for. I say the Chiefs and Fans get a refund from Willie Beaman (Any give sunday Character) opps I mean Larry Johnson, bench and try out Bennett and have Priest as a full back.

Your opinion is shared by some of us here.

Welcome to the Crowd!