PDA

View Full Version : 1st: OFA Signing after the Draft: Dexter Hayman LB Louisville

KCMASS
04-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Looks like the Chiefs picked-up a solid LB out of Louisville from FA.

Kansas City Chiefs: Undrafted Free Agent LB Dexter Heyman Might Be a Gem for KC | Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1165486-kansas-city-chiefs-undrafted-free-agent-lb-dexter-heyman-might-be-a-gem-for-kc)

KCMASS
04-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Wow...No replies on my post! I think he'll make the team! He's a "steal" as UFA!!!! Geez...My guess is many of you don't know about him.

chiefnut
04-30-2012, 10:35 PM
i was just posting about him on the UFA signings post. i agree he looks like a smart hard hitter who flies all over the field making plays. he is a little undersized but he may bulk up a little in the NFL.

slc chief
04-30-2012, 10:38 PM
not going to lie i dont know much about him. but his numbers are pretty impressive. i hope he makes the team and has a big impact. it is also hard to take anything written on the bleacher report serious.

KCMASS
05-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Guys...I watch this conference (Louisville/Big East) & I can tell you this guy rocks bigtime! I will quote this now..."Dexter Hayman will make the 2012 KC Chiefs roster" Granted...He is a tad undersized, but his motor is insane! He simply makes plays all of the time & will not quit. RC will love this guy! He is a great pick-up as a UFA guys. PLEASE remember this name!

texaschief
05-01-2012, 07:16 PM
There's a youtube video of his plays against Murray St.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKch4jGwt6A

He's lanky at ILB. He looks out of place at that position. He plays high and takes a TON of false steps. He gets bogged down by blockers as soon as they get a hand on him. His second effort pursuit is good, but he looks like he misreads plays often. He's slow at hitting the hole and when he gets there, seems to take his eye off the ball carrier, thus missing a few tackles that he should make. He kinda looks like he's stalking the entire time he plays... like he's looking for a big hit to make instead of playing like his hair's on fire.

There were a couple of his plays that stood out to me, but overall, he seemed overmatched at the ILB spot and will probably have to prove himself as a special teamer or change his position.