PDA

View Full Version : Season opener

LlamaNinja
04-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Hey guys I am probably going to the season opener and I was curious when do the tickets normally go on sale (for single games) and what is the best airline to fly in with. I am coming from the DC area so I have a few options. Thanks in advance.

Chiefster
05-01-2012, 03:40 PM
...Might not get the best response in this forum so I'm moving your thread to the Chiefs Discussion forum. :smile

Canada
05-01-2012, 04:49 PM
You can get tickets now if you go to StubHub. Otherwise its usually in June i think. Airlines, i go to Hotwire.com and go with whats cheapest.

LlamaNinja
05-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Yeah with a car, hotel, and flight it was 708 for two people just was curious how that would work out. Is stubhub my best bet for the tickets though, also is it best to book a flight now or later on?

2010chiefs
05-02-2012, 12:02 AM
I'm headed down there too from L.A. I'll be renting an RV and driving out there for the Oakland game. GO CHIEFS!

OPLookn
05-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Yeah with a car, hotel, and flight it was 708 for two people just was curious how that would work out. Is stubhub my best bet for the tickets though, also is it best to book a flight now or later on?

Stubhub has always been over priced to me, if anything I go to craigslist and try to find tickets. You don't have to pay their dumb service fee. As for flights, the sooner you book the better. I think it's about the 3 month mark that flights start going up. I like kayak.com to find flights, it always seems to find the best deal for me.

LlamaNinja
05-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Well I found the tickets and yeah I am was figuring that I should be getting the plane tickets over the next month or so.

Canada
05-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Yeah with a car, hotel, and flight it was 708 for two people just was curious how that would work out. Is stubhub my best bet for the tickets though, also is it best to book a flight now or later on?Stubhub does overcharge for tickets, but they have a fan guarantee. I had some trouble with tix a few years back and they sorted everything out for me. I got 4 lower level tix for $125 each. I like booking flights early jsut so they are paid. Look me up before you guy. 6 of us are driving down from for the opener too!! :bananen_smilies046:

ctchiefsfan
05-06-2012, 10:27 AM
For flights, use any of the flight search sites....hotwire, priceline, kayak etc.....

Once you find what appears to be the best fare, open that airline's website in another window and see what fare you find by booking directly with that airlines website. I find I often save an additional $5-$10 that way.

In addition, some of the airline's websites have "alert" features that will notify you if fares go down on selected routes.

Also keep in mind that Southwest's "2 bags free" will often make them less expensive overall if you are going to be checking any bags.

LlamaNinja
05-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Well I am still trying to figure out what hotel we are going to get. We are probably gonna do a package deal so the car is free since you book a hotel and flight. I just wish Airtran wasnt so trashy they use to be the easy choice for a cheap flight now they are just a hassle.

ctchiefsfan
05-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Well I am still trying to figure out what hotel we are going to get. We are probably gonna do a package deal so the car is free since you book a hotel and flight. I just wish Airtran wasnt so trashy they use to be the easy choice for a cheap flight now they are just a hassle.

Keep in mind that AirTran has been purchased by Southwest and they are in the middle of the integration process. I for one am VERY sorry to lose Airtran as they made White Plains NY a very competitive airport. Every time AirTran drops a destination from White Plains, Delta ups their fares by about $150. :thumbdown:

OPLookn
05-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Keep in mind that AirTran has been purchased by Southwest and they are in the middle of the integration process. I for one am VERY sorry to lose Airtran as they made White Plains NY a very competitive airport. Every time AirTran drops a destination from White Plains, Delta ups their fares by about $150. :thumbdown:

I will never EVER fly Delta (Delaying Everyone's Lives Through Atlanta) again. They almost ruined me popping the question to my now fiancee. We were there 30 minutes early but had to stand in line for 10 minutes. Then when we get to the front of the line we're told we "missed" our flight with 15 minutes before it left....right.

Then they charged us $50 per ticket because we "missed" our flight to set us up on a second flight. After several emails and phone calls of complaining they oh so graciously issued us $50 vouchers...which might cover our bags.

Will go out of my way to never fly Delta again.

ctchiefsfan
05-07-2012, 01:19 PM
I will never EVER fly Delta (Delaying Everyone's Lives Through Atlanta) again. They almost ruined me popping the question to my now fiancee. We were there 30 minutes early but had to stand in line for 10 minutes. Then when we get to the front of the line we're told we "missed" our flight with 15 minutes before it left....right.

Then they charged us $50 per ticket because we "missed" our flight to set us up on a second flight. After several emails and phone calls of complaining they oh so graciously issued us $50 vouchers...which might cover our bags.

Will go out of my way to never fly Delta again.

I hear you! I fly on several hunting trips every year....usually out of White Plains which due to the destinations I am flying to generally means AirTran or Delta. Over the years I have been badly mistreated by both. Even once got stranded overnight in Wichita, Ks when AirTran refused to fly their flight from Wichita to Atlanta due to "bad weather in Atlanta". Curiously, the Delta flight from Wichita to Atlanta scheduled to leave 18 minutes later left right on time! Naturally, AirTran wouldn't cover a motel because the flight cancellation was due to weather.

The airlines all suck these days. They are little better than "greyhounds in the air".

I know that when I fly I am going to be treated like dirt and so have absolutely no loyalty to ANY airline.

Southwest is probably the best of the lot, but even with their "2 bags fly free" they are often more expensive out of Hartford, Ct than Delta or AirTran out of White Plains.

LlamaNinja
05-07-2012, 06:26 PM
I hear you! I fly on several hunting trips every year....usually out of White Plains which due to the destinations I am flying to generally means AirTran or Delta. Over the years I have been badly mistreated by both. Even once got stranded overnight in Wichita, Ks when AirTran refused to fly their flight from Wichita to Atlanta due to "bad weather in Atlanta". Curiously, the Delta flight from Wichita to Atlanta scheduled to leave 18 minutes later left right on time! Naturally, AirTran wouldn't cover a motel because the flight cancellation was due to weather.

The airlines all suck these days. They are little better than "greyhounds in the air".

I know that when I fly I am going to be treated like dirt and so have absolutely no loyalty to ANY airline.

Southwest is probably the best of the lot, but even with their "2 bags fly free" they are often more expensive out of Hartford, Ct than Delta or AirTran out of White Plains.
Southwest has been the best for me but most of the tickets on the kayak and such sites are for Delta and such which I kinda dont want to do as my wife hates prop planes and I would probably never hear the end of it.

ctchiefsfan
05-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Southwest has been the best for me but most of the tickets on the kayak and such sites are for Delta and such which I kinda dont want to do as my wife hates prop planes and I would probably never hear the end of it.

Dunno what airport you are flying from, but my experience is that you use sites like Kayak, Priceline etc to check airfares and schedules and then buy directly from the airline sites. Usually save a couple of bucks that way.

Haven't run into Delta running prop planes. Even from the small airports they seem to run "regional jets"--40-90 passenger jets. Small seats, bumpy as all get out if you run into turbulence, but a lot better than the ATR turboprops most of the airlines used to use in small airports.

LlamaNinja
05-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Well I use to fly out of Patrick Henry (Newport News) and Airtran was the only people without prop planes. Though now I am in DC so probably no chance at all.... just I always think of those planes for some reason. Probably going to get the hotel/flight this week though.

ctchiefsfan
05-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Well I use to fly out of Patrick Henry (Newport News) and Airtran was the only people without prop planes. Though now I am in DC so probably no chance at all.... just I always think of those planes for some reason. Probably going to get the hotel/flight this week though.

National/Dulles or BWI, you are going to be on a jet. Though I remember the days when Pan Am ran the 40-60 seat ATR turboprops out of National.

Keep in mind that if you book on the airline's website it will tell you what kind of plane it is.