PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Clark and OJ Atogwe

jap1
05-01-2012, 08:52 PM
So as the 2nd round of free agency begins, there are new rumors of who the Chiefs are bringing in.

I saw on another website (I think it was arrowhead addict) that we brought in Dallas Clark (TE) and OJ Atogwe (FS) in for interviews today.

Discuss ...

matthewschiefs
05-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Don't no why we would be looking at clark we already brought in boss

nigeriannightmare
05-01-2012, 09:46 PM

Moeaki has been injured an awful lot since college.

josh1971
05-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Moeaki has been injured an awful lot since college.

And DURING college, too.

jb

texaschief
05-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Atogwe would be a good sign if they could get it done

slc chief
05-01-2012, 10:26 PM
so he can come in and tip us off about all of manning's tendencies. not that we are going to need it but hey it could help.

LlamaNinja
05-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Manning's technique:
1. Dive when you hear a defender approaching.
2. Only care about the money.
3. Get to the playoffs every year and fail.

#58ChiefsFan
05-02-2012, 10:15 AM
I have to believe if Clark had anything left in the tank he would have went to the Donks already. Even with Moeakis history I would pass on him, he's not going to make Cassel any better. Pioli has confirmed he is in KC taking a physical though.

Jrudi
05-02-2012, 10:30 AM
NFL.com Reporting it as well

I actually don't mind the addition for a couple of reasons

1. I don't care who we have at any position, if there is an opportunity to bring it talent anywhere on this roster then I say we do it. Teams with GREAT DEPTH make it far into the playoffs and beyond (GB 2 years ago ring a bell?? lik 16 guys on IR and still won the SB)

2. You have to think he would be able to help game plan against Manning, and you can't tell me that a Defensive minded coach like Crennel wouldn't pick his brain about ques and tendencies that Manning has (Clark was Mannings go-to guy for close to a decade, he knows him like the back of his hand)

3. The guy is still talented, even if he is older and has a history of injuries (we aren't going to have to spend a lot of money on him, so the risk wont be there, the reward with be much greater than what we are paying out.)

4. Yes we have Moeaki and Boss...But Oconnel and who else?? we need at least one more decent TE on the roster, and I would much rather have Clarck than O'connell (My guess is they will be running a lot of multiple TE sets similar to the Pats, and a mixture of Moeaki, Boss and Clark would be hard to cover)

5. A great veteran presence and leader to add to the position group.

would love the pickup of both him and Atogwe

KristofLaw
05-02-2012, 10:57 AM
These sound like pretty good depth moves at key positions provided the guys are still playable. I heard about it through a news feed to sbnation, here's the link if anyone cares to read up on it.

Dallas Clark, O.J. Atogwe Visits Show Chiefs Still Searching For Certainty At Key Positions - SB Nation Kansas City (http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2012/5/2/2993637/dallas-clark-a-j-atogwe-visits-chiefs-free-agency/in/2569137)

TopekaRoy
05-02-2012, 02:39 PM
These sound like pretty good depth moves at key positions provided the guys are still playable. I heard about it through a news feed to sbnation, here's the link if anyone cares to read up on it.

Dallas Clark, O.J. Atogwe Visits Show Chiefs Still Searching For Certainty At Key Positions - SB Nation Kansas City (http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2012/5/2/2993637/dallas-clark-a-j-atogwe-visits-chiefs-free-agency/in/2569137)

Great article. This one line says it all:

One wrong move and Tyler Palko is starting four games.

I would love to have Clark for depth. His experience, knowledge of Peyton and veteran leadership skills would be an asset to the Chiefs, even if he sees little actual playing time.

However, I wouldn't want to get in to a bidding war if another team is interested in him. As long as we can get him cheap, I say go for it.

LlamaNinja
05-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Still happy I wont see Thomas Jones anymore....

OPLookn
05-02-2012, 06:05 PM

I would love to have Clark for depth. His experience, knowledge of Peyton and veteran leadership skills would be an asset to the Chiefs, even if he sees little actual playing time.

However, I wouldn't want to get in to a bidding war if another team is interested in him. As long as we can get him cheap, I say go for it.

Can't remember why I was watching so many Indy games last year but for those complaining about Bowe dropping passes.... Clark dropped a LOT of passes, maybe he was injured or something but I remember in one game where I asked someone why they kept throwing to him. His response was well that was Manning's main target so that's where they're going to go. Ok...

I'll pass on Clark.

ChiefMojo
05-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Crazy thing is we got Thomas Jones back, just in a rookie called Cyrus Gray. Gray has been described as a young Thomas Jones or Curtis Martin by many. Tough runner that has decent speed and plays bigger than he is.

#58ChiefsFan
05-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Can't remember why I was watching so many Indy games last year but for those complaining about Bowe dropping passes.... Clark dropped a LOT of passes, maybe he was injured or something but I remember in one game where I asked someone why they kept throwing to him. His response was well that was Manning's main target so that's where they're going to go. Ok...

I'll pass on Clark.

Clark had some sort of wrist injury when Mannning kept feeding him the ball, he had 2 or 3 years left on his deal when the colts went through and gutted their team. They cut so many guys it's hard to say what the reason was. The qb situation in Indy last year was such a mess id hate to even guess the reasons for his drops.

I live in their market and have seen his production decline, if we sign him so be it, but I wouldn't make that move. IMO Romeo knows Mannings tendencies well enough.

Jrudi
05-02-2012, 11:24 PM

thats the good thing about the 2nd round of free agency...There usually arent any bidding wars!

This is where you can find decent depth and talent for low cost.

If someone wanted him bad enough to get into a bidding war it would have happened with the first round of FA...Most teams know this is where you can get guys for cheaper so he shouldn't cost much.

jap1
05-03-2012, 02:02 AM
My one concern with getting aging, former stars as FAs who aren't going to be the starter is what are they going to bring to special teams? A backup TE should be contributing pretty heavily to special teams. Someone like Clark probably hasn't played special teams probably since college (except for the hands team). At this point in your career, when you are a few steps slower and weaker than the rookies, how much ST production are you going to get?

I wouldn't mind seeing Atogwe since FS translates better to ST, and he has a good chance to push Lewis and probably be the 3rd safety on the field that Crennel likes to use a lot of the time.

ChiefMojo
05-03-2012, 07:20 AM
I think in Clarks case he would be insurance in case if either Boss or Moeaki got injured. Add on top of that he probably is a excellent locker room guy that brings a great amount of leadership. He could also be a great mentor for a player like Moeaki (both went to Iowa). Finally it couldn't hurt having a guy that knows the Peyton Manning offense... pick his brains. ;)

chiefnut
05-03-2012, 08:07 AM
you need 2 TE's on the field and one ready to go if one gets hurt

bricooper78
05-03-2012, 11:23 PM
I'm for dealing them a low, but fair deal, and getting a couple of experienced guys to help along the younger bulls!

If they come at the right price, hells yea!!

chiefnut
05-05-2012, 11:30 AM
I think in Clarks case he would be insurance in case if either Boss or Moeaki got injured. Add on top of that he probably is a excellent locker room guy that brings a great amount of leadership. He could also be a great mentor for a player like Moeaki (both went to Iowa). Finally it couldn't hurt having a guy that knows the Peyton Manning offense... pick his brains. ;)

if we sign clark, boss will be the insurance back up