PDA

View Full Version : Junior Seau found dead

Bike
05-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Apparently from self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest. Reported by KCTV5 news - don't know how to post links...

azchiefsfan
05-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Police in Oceanside, Calif., investigating possible suicide of NFL great Junior Seau | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/05/02/police-probe-shooting-at-home-of-nfl-great-junior-seau-e/)

But it should probably be in the non-Chiefs section. Hate the Dolts and Cheatriots, but I really liked Seau.

Ryfo18
05-02-2012, 04:09 PM
That's terrible. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

kcvet
05-02-2012, 04:40 PM
I just heard. what a shame. he was one helleva kick A LB

brdempsey69
05-02-2012, 05:15 PM
What a terrible shame.

TopekaRoy
05-02-2012, 05:43 PM
I am shocked. First Chicago Bear Dave Duerson, then just last month Atlanta Falcon Ray Easerling, and now Junior have all committed suicide. Repeated concussions bring on severe depression and dementia. I don't know how many concussions Seau had in his career, but i would guess he shot himself in the chest instead of the head, so his brain could be examined.

In 2010 Seau drove his SUV off of a 30 foot cliff after being arrested for domestic violence. He said he fell asleep at the wheel. I wonder now ...

The after effects of multiple concussions are a serious issue in the NFL right now. I don't think more rule changes are the answer. I wonder if it is possible to design a better helmet?

Junior Seau’s Death Keeps Spotlight on Concussion Issues in Sports (http://www.newswise.com/articles/junior-seau-s-death-keeps-spotlight-on-concussion-issues-in-sports-uab-neurosurgeon-leader-in-concussion-prevention-available-for-interviews?ret=/articles/list&category=medicine&page=1&search%5Bstatus%5D=3&search%5Bsort%5D=date+desc&search%5Bsection%5D=10&search%5Bhas_multimedia%5D=)

JUNIOR SEAU Latest In String of NFL Suicides ... Concussions Blamed (http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/02/junior-seau-nfl-suicide/#.T6GnrLNYvBE)

70 chiefsfan70
05-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Truely sad!

2010chiefs
05-02-2012, 08:12 PM
RIP Junior. My prayers go out to his family.

#58ChiefsFan
05-02-2012, 08:30 PM
The 8th player from the Chargers super bowl team dead before the age of 45.

Dude was a beast. I remember sitting at the very top of Arrowhead in a thunderstorm sometime back in the 90s and being amazed at how big that guy was even from way the hell up there. He was a fun player to watch. RIP Junior.

LlamaNinja
05-02-2012, 08:52 PM
They really need to look more into the mental health of football players. The stories I saw mentioned he had injured himself prior. It is a shame to see people end their life in such a way.

nigeriannightmare
05-02-2012, 08:54 PM
The 8th player from the Chargers super bowl team dead before the age of 45.

Dude was a beast. I remember sitting at the very top of Arrowhead in a thunderstorm sometime back in the 90s and being amazed at how big that guy was even from way the hell up there. He was a fun player to watch. RIP Junior.

Got to watch him walk thru the lobby of the westin when they checked in he and greg lloyd insane physical specimens and they did it without roids....so sad. The NFL is gonna take a beating on tjis if it turns out his brain was mush.

Chiefster
05-02-2012, 11:38 PM
I went ahead and moved this to the "Locker Room".

So sad to hear of this tragedy. A light has gone out in the world. I feel for the loved ones he left behind and pray for them.

AussieChiefsFan
05-03-2012, 02:38 AM
oh wow that's horrible! R.I.P Junior

KristofLaw
05-03-2012, 10:13 PM
I am still feeling pretty glum about this shocking, sad news. It's tough to know what was going on with the guy, all I can say is he was a marvel to watch on the field and seemed to be one of the guys who was happy and joking around with his teammates. He will be missed. :(

AkChief49
05-04-2012, 02:35 PM
One of the guys that had everyone's respect and admiration. He was a beast on the field and a down right good guy off of it. Sad situation. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. RIP Jr.