PDA

View Full Version : chiefs clean up again nfl network

slc chief
05-04-2012, 06:11 PM
AFC West draft grades: Chiefs clean up again; Broncos gamble - NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828ddeb8/article/afc-west-draft-grades-chiefs-clean-up-again-broncos-gamble?module=HP11_hot_topics)

chiefnut
05-05-2012, 08:33 AM
thats the way i see it too

AussieChiefsFan
05-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Lovin that grade. Much better than Warren Sapp's :D

slc chief
05-05-2012, 09:35 AM
warren is just trying to be bold to save his job

chiefnut
05-05-2012, 11:40 AM
if you are grading based on filling needs in order of importance w/best available at that pick then you gotta give the CHIEFS an A. i still don't like the poe pick only because of the risk factor but he was the most talented NT in the draft.

josh1971
05-05-2012, 11:59 AM

Yeah, but how smart can the guy be? I mean, he has trouble living off $45,000 a MONTH in income.

chiefnut
05-05-2012, 02:19 PM
no one should ever expect sports analysts to be smart, except for the times when they agree with you!!!

figcrostic
05-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Yeah, but how smart can the guy be? I mean, he has trouble living off $45,000 a MONTH in income.

Plus the millions he made prior to the $45k a month. I think most people could live very comfortably on 1/10th of that especially in this economy.

LlamaNinja
05-06-2012, 11:18 AM
no one should ever expect sports analysts to be smart, except for the times when they agree with you!!!
Skip Bailey.... lulz

drstandley31
05-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Wylie's got to be loving this. Everything I read has him labeled different. Over rated. Star of the draft. Questionable pick. Will fill a huge hole. It's getting funny.

HaliForPresident
05-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Wylie's got to be loving this. Everything I read has him labeled different. Over rated. Star of the draft. Questionable pick. Will fill a huge hole. It's getting funny.

Honestly, we could have drafted Floyd Mayweather and I'd be reading about how much potential he has. No matter what pick Pioli's made people all end up saying it's awesome. He has been getting far more credit from people than I imagined. Tyson Jackson is the only player we even have on the team anymore from his first draft. The year we made the playoffs we all worshiped him for making the playoffs with all the guys that were already on the team. I loved last year's draft outside of Baldwin (i wanted wilkerson), but this year i'm too not thrilled out our draft outside of the 2nd round. PS: we drafted a CB that rans a 4.7+. Now i'm not big on 40 times, but a CB needs to be able to outrun my mailman if he wants to make it in the NFL.

That said, I guess we won't know for 3 years how good of a draft it really was. Also, stop drafting OT from the Big 12 that weren't even 1st team all Big 12. We tried that with the RT out of Mizzouri 3 years ago cause he had "potential" and look how well that went.

nigeriannightmare
05-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Honestly, we could have drafted Floyd Mayweather and I'd be reading about how much potential he has. No matter what pick Pioli's made people all end up saying it's awesome. He has been getting far more credit from people than I imagined. Tyson Jackson is the only player we even have on the team anymore from his first draft. The year we made the playoffs we all worshiped him for making the playoffs with all the guys that were already on the team. I loved last year's draft outside of Baldwin (i wanted wilkerson), but this year i'm too not thrilled out our draft outside of the 2nd round. PS: we drafted a CB that rans a 4.7+. Now i'm not big on 40 times, but a CB needs to be able to outrun my mailman if he wants to make it in the NFL.

That said, I guess we won't know for 3 years how good of a draft it really was. Also, stop drafting OT from the Big 12 that weren't even 1st team all Big 12. We tried that with the RT out of Mizzouri 3 years ago cause he had "potential" and look how well that wen
t.

Look at the production from the first round of the 2009 draft and tell me of the 32 teams who did well maybe 3 or 4. Shoot everyone wanted to draft curry i dont even know if hes in the league anymore and thay cb we drafted will be switched to a safety.

OPLookn
05-09-2012, 03:02 PM

That said, I guess we won't know for 3 years how good of a draft it really was. Also, stop drafting OT from the Big 12 that weren't even 1st team all Big 12. We tried that with the RT out of Mizzouri 3 years ago cause he had "potential" and look how well that went.

That CB that runs the 4.7 will more than likely be converted to a free safety. Even if he does stay at a CB position a 4.7 is running without pads, in a straight line with no bump and cover. But I mean if we're going by 40 times then you should still be raving about Poe.

No team is going to have 100% picks, I think a 60% pick rate (on the team 3 years later) is a success. As for drafting the OT we need backups. I don't expect anyone outside of the 1st and maybe the second to light the world on fire. If anyone outside of that does step up and be a starter that then it's an added bonus, not an expectation.

brdempsey69
05-09-2012, 05:08 PM

Comparing Donald Stephenson to Colin Brown is like comparing a Ferrari that just needs cleaned up and polished to a horse with a broken leg that's already been shot and sent to the glue factory.

Stephenson was a far better player in college than Brown was & a lot better athlete, and his upside and potential are way above that of what Colin Brown had in 2009.

chiefnut
05-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Stephenson is not here to replace anyone, he's just here to be a replacement, huh??? well you know what i mean.

ChiefMojo
05-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Both Sapp and Dukes just hates on KC all the time. I know we have a so-so QB but the rest of the roster is pretty damn good.

Any time anyone on the NFLN says the Chiefs have the best roster in the AFC West, Sapp/Dukes just throw nothing of substance out there than utter the words Matt Cassel and make stupid faces. When they get countered by one of the other analysts saying what about Cassel in 2010???, they just say the Chiefs got lucky. A lot of hate in those two.

Also there are no comparisons between Brown and Stepheson. Stephenson is a legit NFL OL while Brown should have never been drafted plain and simple. Stephenson was thought to be drafted around the 3rd to 4th round, we took him in the 3rd. Brown was expected by everyone to be a UDFA with no shot at making a roster.

AussieChiefsFan
05-11-2012, 09:41 PM
warren is just trying to be bold to save his jobYea was surprised he was even still on the network

lol true

LlamaNinja
05-12-2012, 08:49 PM
I wonder if the Chargers love fest will continue onto Madden....