PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

ctchiefsfan
05-12-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm really excited about this coming season. Not the usual "Oh good, football season is coming soon" but REALLY excited. The last time I was this excited before the season was probably when we hired Vermeil.

Is it just me?

slc chief
05-12-2012, 01:11 PM
nope this going to be an awesome year. they are building a good football team i can not wait

brdempsey69
05-12-2012, 01:13 PM
No, it is not just you.

The revamped coaching staff, the FA pickups, the 2012 draft, and the return of established starters that were injured in 2011 have given a great many Chiefs fans a lot of reason for anticipation for the upcoming 2012 season. The talent level of this team is far superior to what it has been in many years. It's just a matter of them going out onto the field and getting it done & if they do, then more than likely there will be another post-season appearance by the Chiefs.

LlamaNinja
05-12-2012, 08:16 PM
I do hope Stanzi can challenge Cassel to start for some reason I think that guy is amazing.

Three7s
05-13-2012, 03:07 PM
I might think it's not just you if we got a QB better than Cassel......

LlamaNinja
05-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Based on what?
Watchin all of his snaps from the preseason. Here is the thing you have to remember about Orton... he got a shot at starting for 2 nfl teams (that is half more than other qb's) and he failed the chiefs. It is like how Cassel has failed the chiefs... I think if it wasnt for that year on his contract he would be gone BUT he has another shot. Unlike Orton who is now a backup. If you like Orton so much just become a Cowboy's fan they always love saying Romo needs to be replaced and you will be welcomed.

#58ChiefsFan
05-13-2012, 08:01 PM
I was last year right up until McCluster fumbled the opening kickoff....

On paper were a better roster now, I feel we're better coached and with a full offseason I hope once camp opens we're a better team. IMO we have the pieces in place to be competitive beyond the regular season.

chiefnut
05-14-2012, 09:00 AM
orton was about even w/cassel and we would not afford to keep both. stanzi is an unknown factor right now, we need to see him in nfl games to accurately judge him. plus giving him a couple of years to learn from the sidelines is a HUGE advantage for him. i would guess with the improved line cassel should have his best year yet, what ever that is?

as far as excited anticipation, yes i am very excited waiting to this team on the field. but i have to admit i was equally excited last year to see how much better we were than the previous division winning team. injuries and poor coaching kinda kicked me in the #####. but i will be sky high w/hopes for this year any way.

Three7s
05-15-2012, 12:40 AM
]orton was about even w/cassel and we would not afford to keep both.[/B] stanzi is an unknown factor right now, we need to see him in nfl games to accurately judge him. plus giving him a couple of years to learn from the sidelines is a HUGE advantage for him. i would guess with the improved line cassel should have his best year yet, what ever that is?

as far as excited anticipation, yes i am very excited waiting to this team on the field. but i have to admit i was equally excited last year to see how much better we were than the previous division winning team. injuries and poor coaching kinda kicked me in the #####. but i will be sky high w/hopes for this year any way.
You see what is wrong with this statement? Orton is a backup to Tony freaking Romo. What does that say about Cassel being the "unquestioned" starter next season?

nigeriannightmare
05-15-2012, 01:26 AM
You see what is wrong with this statement? Orton is a backup to Tony freaking Romo. What does that say about Cassel being the "unquestioned" starter next season?

That kyle orton doesnt want to go through training camp in a qb competiton.

Chiefster
05-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Yes it's just you....

And, just about every other Chiefs fan! :D

nigeriannightmare
05-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Listen to Three7, he is a wise wise man

He is a wise man his arguments make sense, i dont necessarily agree with him all the time where as you well you get it enough from everybody else we will leave it at that

TopekaRoy
05-16-2012, 03:31 AM
Listen to Three7, he is a wise wise man

Listen to what? He didn't say anything. He just asked a question (two actually).

It says a couple of things to me:

1) The Cowboys are WAY over-rating Tony Romo.
2) Orton would rather sit on the bench behind Romo than sit on the bench behind Cassel because he thinks Romo is more likely to get hurt.---He's right.
3) Orton feels he has a better chance of winning the starting job from Romo than he does from Cassel, because (he thinks) Cassel is a better quarterback.

Well, you asked!

TopekaRoy
05-16-2012, 03:49 AM
He went there because Dallas offered him a nicer chunk of change. Everyone and their mom knows Orton has a better chance starting here than in Dallas.

And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so

:lol:

How much did the Chiefs offer him? you obviously know the answer to this question because you made an unqualified statement.

If Dallas DID offer him more than we did that tells me two more things. They over-value him just as much as they over-value Romo and they aren't sold on Romo either remaining healthy or being good enough to beat out Orton for the starting job.

slc chief
05-16-2012, 08:02 AM
why did this thread get turned into a orton thread the dude is gone. and lets get it right there is a reason the guy is a back now. there is a reason why chicago traded him and there is a reason why denver benched him. he sucks you act like he was a solid starting qb what is his record throughout his career. he suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

slc chief
05-16-2012, 08:13 AM
why did this thread get turned into a orton thread the dude is gone. and lets get it right there is a reason the guy is a back now. there is a reason why chicago traded him and there is a reason why denver benched him. he sucks you act like he was a solid starting qb what is his record throughout his career. he suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

ther is also a reason why he took more money to be a backup. instead of trying to find a team where he can start . and thats because he can care less. i dont want a qb on my team that would prefer sloppy seconds instead of first crack

ctchiefsfan
05-16-2012, 10:42 AM
why did this thread get turned into a orton thread

Because MMO turns EVERY thread into an Orton thread and the rest of us have forgotten to :troll31:

chiefnut
05-16-2012, 11:10 AM
look i am not a big cassel fan, i think he is more consistent than orton, orton being far better on his "on" days and far worse on his "off" days. but we cannot go out and get a new qb for this year. we have surrounded cassel w/as good a supporting cast as possible for now, barring injuries we should see if cassel can get the job done. iff not we see if any of the backups can step up or we go out next year and get a franchise qb. in the mean time drink a little CHIEFS kool aid, cheer loud and hope for the best.

GarH
05-16-2012, 01:55 PM
It would be hard to be any more excited than I am about this coming year. If Charles, Berry and Moeaki are fully recovered, it could be a very good year.

chiefnut
05-17-2012, 05:24 PM
i don't care who our QB is as long as we win games, division, and at least one playoff game!!!

slc chief
05-17-2012, 11:19 PM
My main point is look what a qb that was cut from another team can do when he comes in late in the year having no knowledge of our playbook or personal offensively and still comes in and plays better than our "franchise quarterback." Hell I dont care if it is orton, just get someone ELSE IN THERE! We have Charles, Bowe, Flowers, DJ, Hali we just need a qb
you definantly have an argument that cassell has not got it done. i am going to give him 4 games into this year if he cant do it i say toss him. i would like to have gotten peyton screw him now though. but with this team i will give cassell one more shot and i hope he proves us both wrong. he has shown signs of being able to get it done. now that haley is gone and a good o-line he might be a total differant qb lets hope

bricooper78
05-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Skipping Troll Feeding:

I am so danged amped up I can't stand it! Even the "national" reporters are starting to say things about KC, a snip here and there, and they're not condescending, snide remarks, they are positive comments about the team! I think that shouts very loudly that good things are happening, and with a little luck, we stand ready to have a VERY good year!

ctchiefsfan
05-22-2012, 03:24 PM
IMO the only thing that may stand between us and a Division Championship is Manning. He has the potential to make Denver a serious competitor in the division.

But if I was a betting man I'd say we were going to win our first playoff game in a long long time this year.

Hunt/Pioli/RC have done a great job in the draft and FA. Another off season like this and we'll be making a SB run!

#58ChiefsFan
05-22-2012, 09:16 PM
IMO the only thing that may stand between us and a Division Championship is Manning. He has the potential to make Denver a serious competitor in the division.

But if I was a betting man I'd say we were going to win our first playoff game in a long long time this year.

Hunt/Pioli/RC have done a great job in the draft and FA. Another off season like this and we'll be making a SB run!

Love him or hate him Manning finally brings credibility to our division. I hope he plays well enough so the experts can't say he's washed up as we roll through the division this year.

nigeriannightmare
05-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Love him or hate him Manning finally brings credibility to our division. I hope he plays well enough so the experts can't say he's washed up as we roll through the division this year.

The AFC west went from worst to scary if you ask me all four teams have a chance.