PDA

View Full Version : HERMs press conference.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Herm just called himself out it seems to me.

He stated that we need to get back to doing the fundamentals and the basics right.

Now who's job is that to prepare the players for those sort of things?

I know half of you are gonna say it is the players responsibility to tackle because they learned to do it in 5th grade, but if the players aren't performing the fundamentals correctly, like tackling, blocking, etc... that falls squarely on the organizations coaches.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Wow Herm said he was gonna send Trent an email.

Looks like he has magic email, because as far as I know it takes the INTERNET to send an email outside of your lan.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Wow Herm said he was gonna send Trent an email.

Looks like he has magic email, because as far as I know it takes the INTERNET to send an email outside of your lan.

:lol::lol::funnypost:

hermhater
10-09-2007, 05:03 PM
He also never said Huard would be the starter this week.

He said Huard would be the starter if he is available.

He has been lifting weights but will not throw the ball until tomorrow, and then Herm will be able to make that decision.

chief31
10-09-2007, 08:33 PM
He also never said Huard would be the starter this week.

He said Huard would be the starter if he is available.

He has been lifting weights but will not throw the ball until tomorrow, and then Herm will be able to make that decision.

With an injury to his throwing arm, I think it would be wise to go ahead and start Croyle. Give Huards arm some time and don't pretend that we are losing Peyton Manning for a game. He isn't on our roster. (dammit)

hermhater
10-09-2007, 08:37 PM
With an injury to his throwing arm, I think it would be wise to go ahead and start Croyle. Give Huards arm some time and don't pretend that we are losing Peyton Manning for a game. He isn't on our roster. (dammit)

MRI showed no injury.

He is just sore.

I doubt that we will get to see Broyle this week.

m0ebr0
10-09-2007, 09:19 PM
If Huard is healthy play him. If his arm hurts to the point that he wont be able to throw start Croyle. Put hte QB in that will ber able to get us a win. We cannot slack on the pass thats all we have right now.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 09:40 PM
If Huard is healthy play him. If his arm hurts to the point that he wont be able to throw start Croyle. Put hte QB in that will ber able to get us a win. We cannot slack on the pass thats all we have right now.

His arm always looks like he is hurt in my opinion.

timsatt1
10-09-2007, 11:20 PM
"part of the reason we are not running the football well is because we are going into halftime losing, another thing is we are not running the ball real crisp right now"

-Herm in his press conference.

WTF!!!! that is his explanation? we are not running crisp? he didnt say whether they were not blocking well enough, or whether johnson was not getting to the holes quick enough....he wasnt specific by any means....we are not running crisp enough? WTF DOES THAT EVEN MEAN. CRISP ENOUGH. OMG that is a HORRIBLE answer, basically a way of dodging the question.

hermhater
10-09-2007, 11:25 PM
"part of the reason we are not running the football well is because we are going into halftime losing, another thing is we are not running the ball real crisp right now"

-Herm in his press conference.

WTF!!!! that is his explanation? we are not running crisp? he didnt say whether they were not blocking well enough, or whether johnson was not getting to the holes quick enough....he wasnt specific by any means....we are not running crisp enough? WTF DOES THAT EVEN MEAN. CRISP ENOUGH. OMG that is a HORRIBLE answer, basically a way of dodging the question.

Whether or not you like the guy, you have to admit he opens his mouth and tries to cover for his players to give them confidence.

This team needs some confrontation right now, not more babying.

timsatt1
10-09-2007, 11:26 PM
larry johnson was publicly critisized by a teammate in the kansas city star....good to hear. i figured some of this was going on behind the scenes.

timsatt1
10-09-2007, 11:32 PM
a reporter mentioned the i formation fullback....

"the i formation fullback has been kind of phased out of the offense.." said by a reporter....herm's response...

herm agreed...maybe they do need a fullback.

that is a big part of it.. i think we need to experiment with this, get boomer and or wilson in there see what can happen. i think that we HAVE to try this.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 11:41 PM

"the i formation fullback has been kind of phased out of the offense.." said by a reporter....herm's response...

that is a big part of it.. i think we need to experiment with this, get boomer and or wilson in there see what can happen. i think that we HAVE to try this.

Agreed.

rbedgood
10-10-2007, 01:46 AM

Consider it Dunn...:D

Guru
10-10-2007, 01:50 AM
Herm just called himself out it seems to me.

He stated that we need to get back to doing the fundamentals and the basics right.

Now who's job is that to prepare the players for those sort of things?

I know half of you are gonna say it is the players responsibility to tackle because they learned to do it in 5th grade, but if the players aren't performing the fundamentals correctly, like tackling, blocking, etc... that falls squarely on the organizations coaches.

Agreed. Also, if the players can't tackle, why did the coaches bring them to KC in the first place.

It all comes back to coaching.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 01:52 AM

:lol::lol::funnypost:

Nice!

hermhater
10-10-2007, 01:52 AM

Cheesy Rep added!:D

Guru
10-10-2007, 01:54 AM
Cheesy Rep added!:D

for THAT?:sign0153:

Oops.:D:lol:

m0ef0e
10-10-2007, 01:54 AM

Oh yeah! Good call!:sign0098:

m0ebr0
10-10-2007, 02:12 PM

Better than having Wilson back there. Wilson is a catching TE not a blocking TE.

wolfpack
10-10-2007, 02:27 PM
try boomer,why not. mr. wilson cant block and boomer seemed in preseason to catch the short passes that mr. dumpoff likes to throw.

m0ebr0
10-13-2007, 02:25 AM
try boomer,why not. mr. wilson cant block and boomer seemed in preseason to catch the short passes that mr. dumpoff likes to throw.

Im down with that. I dont want Wilson back there. Hes a catchnig TE that will take the place of Tony (will not be as good) when Tony retires.

Wilson can catch, block on the line and break tackles. Hes a TE to send out like we do with Tony.

McLovin
10-13-2007, 02:31 AM
Im down with that. I dont want Wilson back there. Hes a catchnig TE that will take the place of Tony (will not be as good) when Tony retires.

Wilson can catch, block on the line and break tackles. Hes a TE to send out like we do with Tony.
Problem is Wilson is old also so he wont have much time once TG is out. We need to trade Wilson now, maybe if Boom cant do it get a real FullBack or a good younger TE