PDA

View Full Version : Why am I feeling good?

drstandley31
06-02-2012, 09:49 PM
After so many years of really bad football, or let downs when we should have won, I find myself really thinking this team is becomming something special. I suppose it could be the drinks, or just summer happiness, but honestly I feel this team is going to make a nice run. Go Chiefs.

#58ChiefsFan
06-02-2012, 11:26 PM
I agree with you and believe the mindset in Kansas City has truly changed now. I was watching a short interview on the monthership today, Romeo was asked if they can win if Bowe holds out.

His response was a sincere we WILL win with whomever we have on the field. After a few years of Haley saying we weren't even a team I am not convinced Todd believed we could win.

bricooper78
06-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Todd was a douche, RAC is a good man, who can mold men. He will have that team behind them, and when a team is behind it's coach, big things can happen!

ctchiefsfan
06-03-2012, 08:20 AM
Don't really know why, but I too am becoming VERY EXCITED about the upcoming season.

rodu
06-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Even with Bowe out, we still have two wideouts in Breaston and Baldwin who can carry the load. In years past our WR depth was so anemic, remember when we had Dale Carter playing WR? Depth is something to feel good about

AussieChiefsFan
06-03-2012, 09:51 AM
The great thing about the Chiefs fanbase is that even in hard times we come together and support the team. And each year Arrowhead is filled with fans making it the loudest and proudest in the league. Now with the team actually being a contender it is even better!

GO CHIEFS!!

ctchiefsfan
06-03-2012, 10:18 AM
I have a feeling this is going to be the best season in a long time!

LargoChief
06-03-2012, 11:09 AM
I feel the same way going into the season every year but as you mentioned, Romeo is a guy the team respect when Haley seemed to be an *******. It doesn't matter what you do, you will always work harder for a boss you like. I do see us pisking up a receiver...why do we have so flakey receivers? Bowe is a douchebag, plain and simple, even when we drafted his princess *** he has been a crybaby. Baldwin just needs to keep the hood rat mentality out of here and play. I love the Chiefs.
:chiefs:

ctchiefsfan
06-03-2012, 11:34 AM
I feel the same way going into the season every year but as you mentioned, Romeo is a guy the team respect when Haley seemed to be an *******. It doesn't matter what you do, you will always work harder for a boss you like. I do see us pisking up a receiver...why do we have so flakey receivers? Bowe is a douchebag, plain and simple, even when we drafted his princess *** he has been a crybaby. Baldwin just needs to keep the hood rat mentality out of here and play. I love the Chiefs.
:chiefs:

I have rather liked Bowe, though his on-again off-again greatness has annoyed me. But I have to admit that this issue we are having with him regarding the franchise tag is starting to pish me off. I have a suspicion that he thinks he should be paid as if he was one of the top 3 receivers of all time. And the simple truth is that he isn't. I'm also worried that the contract situation is creating bad blood between Bowe and the Chiefs and that he will be gone at the end of this year no matter what. IMO if we can't get him under contract for a fair price fairly soon then we should trade him for some draft picks and rely on the receivers we have to step up to the plate this year. It's not like we have no depth in receivers. I think we could still win the division without him. And if we are going to lose him anyway, I'd rather we got some draft picks for him than lost him at the end of the season and got nothing for him. IMO it's not like Bowe will be the difference between winning the Super Bowl or not winning it this year.

Bowe is a very good receiver, but he ain't no Jerry Rice.

LargoChief
06-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Completely Agree

ctchiefsfan
06-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Glad you agree Largo. I am very excited about this coming season. I think we are almost a lock for the playoffs and stand a decent chance of winning a playoff game finally. That said, I have a hard time imagining us winning the Superbowl this year with or without Bowe. Since he is not IMO the key to our making the Superbowl, and seems to want more money than his performance justifies, I'd rather we traded him to some down and out team that was willing to overpay us for him and pay him the crazy money he seems to think he is worth.

I think we are building a team that has the potential to dominate the AFC West and perhaps the entire AFC for many years to come and I think a couple of the right draft choices would be worth far more to us than a very good receiver who thinks he is one of the best the game has ever seen.

MissingTBone
06-04-2012, 07:50 AM
With all the cap space we have we should lick up Bowe, and Albert to long term deals. I'm excited about Chiefs football this year..... And the season can't start soon enough. 1love