PDA

View Full Version : Another Bengal A$$!

hermhater
10-09-2007, 06:42 PM
CINCINNATI -- Another Cincinnati Bengal has been suspended.The NFL suspended second-year cornerback Johnathan Joseph for one game, the Bengals announced Tuesday on their Web site.He will serve the suspension Sunday, when the Bengals play the Kansas City Chiefs, team officials said.The team said the suspension was for violating the NFL Substance Abuse Policy, and Joseph will also be fined an additional game check when the Bengals play the New York Jets.The suspension comes as a result of Joseph’s arrest in January for possession of marijuana.He accepted a diversionary agreement, and the team said Joseph had complied with all league and court-mandated obligations related to the arrest, and officials in Kentucky have dismissed his case.Joseph may not attend team practices this week, but the team said he may attend meetings and work out at team facilities and will be eligible to rejoin all team activities on Oct. 15.

http://www.wlwt.com/sports/14303794/detail.html

m0ef0e
10-09-2007, 06:47 PM
CINCINNATI -- Another Cincinnati Bengal has been suspended.The NFL suspended second-year cornerback Johnathan Joseph for one game, the Bengals announced Tuesday on their Web site.He will serve the suspension Sunday, when the Bengals play the Kansas City Chiefs, team officials said.The team said the suspension was for violating the NFL Substance Abuse Policy, and Joseph will also be fined an additional game check when the Bengals play the New York Jets.The suspension comes as a result of Joseph’s arrest in January for possession of marijuana.He accepted a diversionary agreement, and the team said Joseph had complied with all league and court-mandated obligations related to the arrest, and officials in Kentucky have dismissed his case.Joseph may not attend team practices this week, but the team said he may attend meetings and work out at team facilities and will be eligible to rejoin all team activities on Oct. 15.

Wow... As if that defense wasn't already short-handed. I don't mind at all though, maybe I can go try out for the bungles and let Gonzo and Bowe flat-back me every time they get the ball!:lol:

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 07:52 PM

I want to know how in the hell does Marvin Lewis still have a job? It's one thing for your players to do stupid things on the field but this guy has lost ALL control of this team!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!

chief31
10-09-2007, 07:59 PM
I want to know how in the hell does Marvin Lewis still have a job? It's one thing for your players to do stupid things on the field but this guy has lost ALL control of this team!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!

Well, do you remember what the Bengals were like before Marvin? It would be pretty hard to look that in the face again. Not saying that it is right, but I am sure that Marvin gets alot of slack for just that reason.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm glad he can't play in the Chiefs game. :D

DrunkHillbilly
10-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Well, do you remember what the Bengals were like before Marvin? It would be pretty hard to look that in the face again. Not saying that it is right, but I am sure that Marvin gets alot of slack for just that reason.
I assume your talking about the losses? Yea, winning cures everything but damn that has to be 20+ players!! In less than 2 years no less!

chief31
10-09-2007, 08:19 PM
I assume your talking about the losses? Yea, winning cures everything but damn that has to be 20+ players!! In less than 2 years no less!

I guess they are willing to pay that price, to avoid being the Bungles again.

m0ebr0
10-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Wow... As if that defense wasn't already short-handed. I don't mind at all though, maybe I can go try out for the bungles and let Gonzo and Bowe flat-back me every time they get the ball!:lol:

If we actually pass to Bowe this next game. We did not use him enough against Jax.

chief31
10-09-2007, 09:22 PM
If we actually pass to Bowe this next game. We did not use him enough against Jax.

Pureley speculating, I suggested that Bowe may have been inconsistent in his route running, since he was having to try to remember the routes for each play, from a different position.

I think that they should put him back at the no.1 WR spot, so as to help him to remember what his job is, on each play, instead of expecting him to learn a second position, so early in his first year.

Eddie kennison surely knows all of the plays and routes, for both positions.

m0ebr0
10-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Pureley speculating, I suggested that Bowe may have been inconsistent in his route running, since he was having to try to remember the routes for each play, from a different position.

I think that they should put him back at the no.1 WR spot, so as to help him to remember what his job is, on each play, instead of expecting him to learn a second position, so early in his first year.

I can see that. He will definitally need to prove himself over Kennison which is possible. Either way we need to get him involved no matter what.

rbedgood
10-09-2007, 10:56 PM

I didn't see much of the game, but I'd also assume that Jax matched up Rashean Mathis against Bowe most of the day. Mathis is one of the best shut-down corners in the game. He's had games where he nearly shut down WRs like Owens, Harrison, Ward and others. A rookie would likely have a tough day against him. Expect the offense to wake up against an inept Cincy D...oh and Rudi Johnson is likely still out so Cincy will be going with the back-up RB again...

hermhater
10-09-2007, 10:57 PM
I didn't see much of the game, but I'd also assume that Jax matched up Rashean Mathis against Bowe most of the day. Mathis is one of the best shut-down corners in the game. He's had games where he nearly shut down WRs like Owens, Harrison, Ward and others. A rookie would likely have a tough day against him. Expect the offense to wake up against an inept Cincy D...oh and Rudi Johnson is likely still out so Cincy will be going with the back-up RB again...

What are the odds this weekend?

I am wondering where to lay down the rest of my Arrowcash...

rbedgood
10-10-2007, 01:49 AM
What are the odds this weekend?

I am wondering where to lay down the rest of my Arrowcash...

I won't touch the outcome of the game this weekend, unless the "oddsmaker" makes some kind of crazy mistake...however I'd be willing to drop some coin on some player results...I'll give the 976-VBET handicappers review later in the week :D :D