PDA

View Full Version : So according to ESPN

matthewschiefs
06-19-2012, 04:01 PM
AFC West: More or Less - AFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/45018/afc-west-more-or-less)

Adding a nearly 40 year old QB who has a history of neck problems is worth 2 wins

Adding one of the top O line men on the market, TE help, RB help, Getting your best players back is worth nothing.

Can't wait for the Chiefs to prove them wrong :chiefs: :chiefs: :chiefs: :chiefs: :chiefs: :chiefs: :chiefs: :chiefs: :chiefs: :chiefs:

chiefnut
06-19-2012, 05:54 PM
i prefer it for them to pick it this way.....they are always wrong!!!!!!!!

#58ChiefsFan
06-19-2012, 05:55 PM
John Clayton is a moron. Hope he likes crow because he's going to get a big serving this season.

I read that this morning and it actually made me mad, if he's not going to do any homework on us then it might be best to not say anything you little garden gnome.

LlamaNinja
06-19-2012, 06:12 PM
It is when they say we are a sure win that makes me concerned.

Connie Jo
06-19-2012, 06:29 PM
LOL Some things never change, like the sports media's love affair with Peyton Manning. That's all it is, they're obsessed with Manning & have been since he was drafted in 1998. The man threw a great ball, has smarts, but the reality is he won division championships in a weak division for many years. As well, many games during Manning's era the Colts barely won, & many were won by FG's, not Manning passes. He clutched often in playoff games & lost. It took him 8 yrs. to make it to a Super Bowl, 2006/07. That was his only Super Bowl victory in his 14 yrs. with the Colts, the one other time he made it...he lost.

The media's love affair with Manning over the past 14 yrs. has brainwashed many into believing he's a QB Super Hero, or God...he's not. He's among the best for passer rating, division wins, but as far as I'm concerned, he's not the best & never was. He's no Montana, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Favre. Manning doesn't have the personality to retain composure under pressure, & that weakness is why I don't put him in the same category with other QB's I consider overall greater & more effective than Manning. As I said, Joe Cool he's not.

Connie Jo
06-19-2012, 06:31 PM
John Clayton is a moron. Hope he likes crow because he's going to get a big serving this season.

I read that this morning and it actually made me mad, if he's not going to do any homework on us then it might be best to not say anything you little garden gnome.

With exception of a few...most sports analysts are morons, bias, & wrong more than right, hahahaha. ;)

matthewschiefs
06-19-2012, 10:01 PM
LOL Some things never change, like the sports media's love affair with Peyton Manning. That's all it is, they're obsessed with Manning & have been since he was drafted in 1998. The man threw a great ball, has smarts, but the reality is he won division championships in a weak division for many years. As well, many games during Manning's era the Colts barely won, & many were won by FG's, not Manning passes. He clutched often in playoff games & lost. It took him 8 yrs. to make it to a Super Bowl, 2006/07. That was his only Super Bowl victory in his 14 yrs. with the Colts, the one other time he made it...he lost.

The media's love affair with Manning over the past 14 yrs. has brainwashed many into believing he's a QB Super Hero, or God...he's not. He's among the best for passer rating, division wins, but as far as I'm concerned, he's not the best & never was. He's no Montana, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Favre. Manning doesn't have the personality to retain composure under pressure, & that weakness is why I don't put him in the same category with other QB's I consider overall greater & more effective than Manning. As I said, Joe Cool he's not.

I agree 100%

The Media loves to try to tell you that the Colts feel apart because they lost Peyton Manning. The Colts feel apart because of losing Manning and a few other guys. Along with the players that they did still have there being old. They don't want to mention the Marvion Harrisons, Edgerin James being gone. Or that they lost there Head coach in Tony Dungy. They want to show you the Colts lost Manning feel to 2-14 so it was ALL manning. Manning is one of the best to play the game but he's not the best ever. And given his age and the fact that he has had a lot of neck issues it's no sure thing that Manning will make the Donkeys and better then they were last season.

Connie Jo
06-19-2012, 11:34 PM
I agree 100%

The Media loves to try to tell you that the Colts feel apart because they lost Peyton Manning. The Colts feel apart because of losing Manning and a few other guys. Along with the players that they did still have there being old. They don't want to mention the Marvion Harrisons, Edgerin James being gone. Or that they lost there Head coach in Tony Dungy. They want to show you the Colts lost Manning feel to 2-14 so it was ALL manning. Manning is one of the best to play the game but he's not the best ever. And given his age and the fact that he has had a lot of neck issues it's no sure thing that Manning will make the Donkeys and better then they were last season.

It's exactly that type of repeticious reporting that brainwashes viewers/listeners/readers. If the human mind hears something over & over & over...they buy into it, believe it. It's one of the oldest tricks in the book with retail marketing, and political propaganda, also.

If you spend time thoroughly examining the numbers & history of every game Manning played during his career...he's really not that great beyond a passing arm & reading defenses. He's overrated, and largely as a result of media hype & spin since he was drafted.

Connie Jo
06-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Keep in mind, it's majorily members of the sports media who select those players to receive many of the NFL's awards & recognitions. The more awards, recognitions, hype...the more people buy into greatness of not only a pro athlete, but any celebrity...from recording artists to policticans.

The mass media & publicity/management marketing firms work hand & hand, and together they have an extremely powerful influence over the opinions formed & held by the general public.

ctchiefsfan
06-20-2012, 01:57 AM
Guys.....Gals......

Lets be honest. Manning has been a GREAT QB over the years. Not the greatest by any stretch of the imagination but top notch without a doubt.

The damned Donks have almost certainly substantially improved their offense.

The Donks have done it with one player. We have improved our team on all sides of the ball.

Until the season starts and we see what Manning really has, one thing is certain.....If you want to win the AFC West, you have to beat Denver.

Mr. Forehead....meet Mr. Turf. We are the CHIEFS and we are going to make you VERY familiar with Mr. Turf! Hope that neck of yours holds up.

kylebigmac09
06-20-2012, 05:41 PM
If for no other game this season, I hope Arrowhead is NUTS for the Donks game. Not only is it Denver, but Peyton snubbed us to go to our rival. I will be there, and I vow to leave without a voice.:beat_DeadHorse: :donkssuck:

ctchiefsfan
06-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Mr. Forehead, meet Mr. Turf. You are going to become very well acquainted with him!

chiefnut
06-21-2012, 09:16 AM
at least williamson got it right

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: I have to respectfully -- but vehemently -- disagree with Clayton on this one. While Manning overshadowed the Chiefs this offseason, I think Kansas City had a top-five offseason in the NFL. This roster is stacked.

There are a few holes in Kansas City, but it did get better and it will get back Jamaal Charles (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11307/jamaal-charles), Eric Berry (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13252/eric-berry) and Tony Moeaki (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13289/tony-moeaki) from season-ending knee injuries.

I know why Clayton went low on this one. He probably doesn’t believe in quarterback Matt Cassel (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8644/matt-cassel). But the Chiefs are so strong around Cassel that I think he should be able to succeed. If this team isn’t decimated by injuries, I see it having a winning record and making a strong playoff run.

sounds like an intelligent fellow,........for a sportscaster

#58ChiefsFan
06-21-2012, 04:59 PM
I agree with Bill on that and also if you saw Jawarski breaking down the QBs with Cassel at 22 he made a great point. He said Cassel is a product of the team around him, not a guy that can carry a team. The way this roster is being set now he will have the tools to be successful. Same as 08 with the patriots and 10 with the Chiefs.

drstandley31
06-23-2012, 10:05 AM
I would hate to see Manning get hurt, or any player for that matter, But I don't see him even finishing the season.

#58ChiefsFan
06-23-2012, 06:15 PM
Wouldn't bother me a bit if Manning got hurt

What does he REALLY have to come back and prove, dudes done it all. He claimed it wasn't about the money and signed a nearly $100 million dollar deal. F him.

drstandley31
06-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Wouldn't bother me a bit if Manning got hurt

What does he REALLY have to come back and prove, dudes done it all. He claimed it wasn't about the money and signed a nearly $100 million dollar deal. F him.
Well, people said the same thing about Joe Montana. And we're all glad he came back. Don't know why you'd want to see any player get hurt. It's a game, that we love, but still a game!

matthewschiefs
06-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Yeah the reality is with him they are super bowl contenders and without him everyone gets fired. You aren't even close

So My man you don't think that also losing Marvion Harrison,Edgin James, A new coach that just wasn't as good as Tony Dungy and adding age to a older team played any role in what happend to the Colts? None at all it was just losing Manning?

nigeriannightmare
06-24-2012, 08:23 PM
So My man you don't think that also losing Marvion Harrison,Edgin James, A new coach that just wasn't as good as Tony Dungy and adding age to a older team played any role in what happend to the Colts? None at all it was just losing Manning?

MMO is incapable of logic. I would say john clayton is more knowledgable than jaworski when it comes to football jaws likes to hear himself talk. John clayton thinks we r gonna finish third in the west....he leaves no comment on how wrong he is but is quick to say jaws is right. The fact that MMO still has a name for a bloody cowboy should be enough....oh wait he beat the worst defense in the nfl having flown in that morning, no sleep and didnt know what team he was playing for or what receivers we were throwing to....that game had nothing to do with our defense stopping on offense that was on fire.

MMO learn how to debate yo you are terrible.

matthewschiefs
06-24-2012, 09:22 PM
MMO is incapable of logic. I would say john clayton is more knowledgable than jaworski when it comes to football jaws likes to hear himself talk. John clayton thinks we r gonna finish third in the west....he leaves no comment on how wrong he is but is quick to say jaws is right. The fact that MMO still has a name for a bloody cowboy should be enough....oh wait he beat the worst defense in the nfl having flown in that morning, no sleep and didnt know what team he was playing for or what receivers we were throwing to....that game had nothing to do with our defense stopping on offense that was on fire.

MMO learn how to debate yo you are terrible.

MMO at the very least gives me something to do during the offseason which is way way to long. Come the start of the season I doubt I will even respond to MMO much we will have real issues to discuss

#58ChiefsFan
06-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Well, people said the same thing about Joe Montana. And we're all glad he came back. Don't know why you'd want to see any player get hurt. It's a game, that we love, but still a game!

To be fair I never said I wanted to see him get hurt, I said if he does it wouldn't bother me. It's just a personal opinion but if he's willing to take the gamble and it doesn't go well, then I have a hard time feeling bad for him, when there wasn't a NEED to take that gamble.

ctchiefsfan
06-24-2012, 11:45 PM
MMO is incapable of logic.

Gotta have a brain to do the logic thing.

MMO learn how to debate

Ain't gonna happen. See my comment above.