PDA

View Full Version : King Carl called out by JT the Brick

Guru
10-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Didn't catch the whole thing but he was basically talking about successful sports franchises and said something along the lines of...

Do you want somebody like Carl Peterson running your organization and being mediocre year after year or do you want(name I can't remember) from New England who puts a winner on the field year after year?

It blew me away because in his lead in to that statement I was already thinking "Boy Carl really applies to what he is saying here" and BOOM, he said that.

Like he read my mind or something.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Didn't catch the whole thing but he was basically talking about successful sports franchises and said something along the lines of...

Do you want somebody like Carl Peterson running your organization and being mediocre year after year or do you want(name I can't remember) from New England who puts a winner on the field year after year?

It blew me away because in his lead in to that statement I was already thinking "Boy Carl really applies to what he is saying here" and BOOM, he said that.

Well ya know what I say: "Great minds and all..." :D

hermhater
10-09-2007, 11:49 PM
Never heard of the guy, but sounds like he knows what he is talking about.

Chiefster
10-09-2007, 11:56 PM

He's just sayin what many Chiefs fans have been sayin for years now.

Guru
10-10-2007, 12:08 AM

If you listen to AM sports talk radio, he is on from 9pm to midnight CST weeknights live.

Fun to listen to. Look him up on your dial.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 12:08 AM
If you listen to AM sports talk radio, he is on from 9pm to midnight CST weeknights live.

Is there an online link?

hermhater
10-10-2007, 12:12 AM

Don't have a dial.

Don't even have a radio for that matter.

I just thought of something though...

I don't have my all in wonder anymore, but I do have my old tv tuner card...

I could hook that up and listen... no it only has an FM antenna from what I remember...

I could record the games though. The sound squeals, but I could mute it.

Might be something to check into.

I finally got paid though and am now going to build a new computer, and the recording will be sweet then.

It won't happen until next week after the game, but I am getting stoked just thinking about it!

Guru
10-10-2007, 12:16 AM
Is there an online link?

http://www.61sports.com/

Then click the Listen tab at the top.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 12:22 AM

Thanks bud! :)

hermhater
10-10-2007, 12:24 AM

Cool thanks!

rbedgood
10-10-2007, 01:07 AM

HH, JT the Brick was a regular caller on the Jim Rome show and parlayed a pretty solid smack-off showing into a gig on the radio in the SF Bay Area, and very shortly was nationally syndicated. He runs a pretty high energy sportstalk show, generally shoots from the hip with open honest and sometimes brutal opinions. He knows a lot about football...ignore him during baseball season. His site link is below and you can listen live...

http://www.jtthebrick.com/

Guru
10-10-2007, 01:10 AM
HH, JT the Brick was a regular caller on the Jim Rome show and parlayed a pretty solid smack-off showing into a gig on the radio in the SF Bay Area, and very shortly was nationally syndicated. He runs a pretty high energy sportstalk show, generally shoots from the hip with open honest and sometimes brutal opinions. He knows a lot about football...ignore him during baseball season. His site link is below and you can listen live...

http://www.jtthebrick.com/

He has two MAJOR flaws though.

Yankee fan
Raider fan

hermhater
10-10-2007, 01:12 AM
He has two MAJOR flaws though.

Yankee fan
Raider fan

Those are both pretty unforgivable...

So he knows his stuff or not?

He picked the Bengals to win in Arrowhead.

Are we really that bad?

People are taking 3 to 1 odds on our homefield advantage for the opponent?

Guru
10-10-2007, 01:17 AM

Are we really that bad?

He is right MUCH more than he is wrong. He stays on top of things very well.

hermhater
10-10-2007, 01:20 AM
He is right MUCH more than he is wrong. He stays on top of things very well.

So where do I lay down my Arrowcash?

We win or no?

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 01:21 AM
So where do I lay down my Arrowcash?

We win or no?

Tie!:D

rbedgood
10-10-2007, 01:29 AM

Are we really that bad?

He is more of a NY fan (all sports), but worked around the Raiders years (covering them pre-game and post-game, and during training camp) and thus has an allegiance to the Raiders. He does know football though.

The problem that the oddsmakers have to be working on is the same one that makes me as a gambling degenerate avoid this game.

Cincy has an offense you hope to slow down...you don't STOP it...that being said they have a porous defense. KC on the other hand has an inept offense, yet a pretty solid defense. But the weaknesses in the KC defense could be easily exploited with 2 solid WRs in Housh and Ocho-cinco, and a great QB. The question then becomes can Bowe and company keep up (I would've said LJ & company 2 weeks ago)

I personally hope so, both for you guys and my fantasy teams...but I don't have much confidence in that one.

hermhater
10-10-2007, 03:17 AM
He is more of a NY fan (all sports), but worked around the Raiders years (covering them pre-game and post-game, and during training camp) and thus has an allegiance to the Raiders. He does know football though.

The problem that the oddsmakers have to be working on is the same one that makes me as a gambling degenerate avoid this game.

Cincy has an offense you hope to slow down...you don't STOP it...that being said they have a porous defense. KC on the other hand has an inept offense, yet a pretty solid defense. But the weaknesses in the KC defense could be easily exploited with 2 solid WRs in Housh and Ocho-cinco, and a great QB. The question then becomes can Bowe and company keep up (I would've said LJ & company 2 weeks ago)

I personally hope so, both for you guys and my fantasy teams...but I don't have much confidence in that one.

Well if you put it like that I might have to take a listen.

ESPN isn't doing it for me.

rbedgood
10-10-2007, 03:21 AM
He's on Fox Sports Radio...

hermhater
10-10-2007, 03:24 AM

Then you had to go and mention a fox without a hot girl, or a cat-dog hybrid.

Fox is only good for angry bias.

Nothing wrong with bias, but making someone angry and or fearful is just misinformation.

I am not a politico, but I don't believe in Fox and the belief that we are always in danger.

Guru
10-10-2007, 03:26 AM
Then you had to go and mention a fox without a hot girl, or a cat-dog hybrid.

Fox is only good for angry bias.

Nothing wrong with bias, but making someone angry and or fearful is just misinformation.

I am not a politico, but I don't believe in Fox and the belief that we are always in danger.

WHAT?:sign0153:

hermhater
10-10-2007, 03:29 AM

Here.

rbedgood
10-10-2007, 03:34 AM
Fox Sports...for not being a politico you pullled that out of the hat pretty quick in a SPORTS forum...

hermhater
10-10-2007, 03:38 AM
Fox Sports...for not being a politico you pullled that out of the hat pretty quick in a SPORTS forum...

I just don't like animals that look like a cat and and a dog at the same time.

(Was that politically correct?)

:funnypost::lol::toast2:

DrunkHillbilly
10-10-2007, 09:53 AM

This is what I have been taking crap for all these months! Non Chiefs fan, idiot all that crap! This is my point EXACTLY!!!!

I've been watchin this mediocre crap for 30 years! He never wants to spend the big money to get top notch FA's! Yea we've had a few good seasons here and there but for the most part, avg at best! Year after year, I watch a bunch of teams get better and better yet we never seem to. Some say it's the coaches fault. Well we have had several coaches in the last 10 years and we still come up with the same result eh chief31? CP is the staple that has been here forever. Different coaches, coordinators, personell, schemes, play calling. Different things across the board and still we field a team that can't make past the 1st round of the playoffs when we are LUCKY enough to even get there! He needs to go and I don't know how or who can get it through to ownership but someone needs to!!!

Maybe we can start an online campaign or website to get rid of CP? MODS???? Any input?

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 10:04 AM
This is what I have been taking crap for all these months! Non Chiefs fan, idiot all that crap! This is my point EXACTLY!!!!

I've been watchin this mediocre crap for 30 years! He never wants to spend the big money to get top notch FA's! Yea we've had a few good seasons here and there but for the most part, avg at best! Year after year, I watch a bunch of teams get better and better yet we never seem to. Some say it's the coaches fault. Well we have had several coaches in the last 10 years and we still come up with the same result eh chief31? CP is the staple that has been here forever. Different coaches, coordinators, personell, schemes, play calling. Different things across the board and still we field a team that can't make past the 1st round of the playoffs when we are LUCKY enough to even get there! He needs to go and I don't know how or who can get it through to ownership but someone needs to!!!

Maybe we can start an online campaign or website to get rid of CP? MODS???? Any input?

I have to agree here, and have said it myself several times that CP is the one common denominator in the last ,several however many years he's been in KC, of mediocrity.

chief31
10-10-2007, 10:19 AM

First-off, I would like to say that I am familiar with JT "The Brick", from XM satellite radio. This guy is just another version of Rome. Flat-out rude and also very simple in his football "knowledge".

He may have a good point about C.P, but comparing him to the single-most successful organizations GM is quite unfair. That guy, I believe his name is Tom Donahoe, has Bill Belichick and will be percieved as the absolute best, because of the teams success, which is not a afir way to assess a GMs worth.

Anyway, I am not a big C.P apologist, but he has been far from a bad GM, in my opinion. Where are we going to find his replacement and what do we know about him?

As for you Hillbilly... I think we have had alot of different teams, that have often unerachieved. Do you disagree?

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 10:26 AM
First-off, I would like to say that I am familiar with JT "The Brick", from XM satellite radio. This guy is just another version of Rome. Flat-out rude and also very simple in his football "knowledge".

He may have a good point about C.P, but comparing him to the single-most successful organizations GM is quite unfair. That guy, I believe his name is Tom Donahoe, has Bill Belichick and will be percieved as the absolute best, because of the teams success, which is not a afir way to assess a GMs worth.

Anyway, I am not a big C.P apologist, but he has been far from a bad GM, in my opinion. Where are we going to find his replacement and what do we know about him?

As for you Hillbilly... I think we have had alot of different teams, that have often unerachieved. Do you disagree?

More then our fair share I'd say.

swmochiefsfan
10-10-2007, 10:32 AM
I wish more people would start to beat that drum loudly.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 10:39 AM
I wish more people would start to beat that drum loudly.

I think that the mass exodus Sunday in the fourth quarter resounded that sentiment.

swmochiefsfan
10-10-2007, 10:41 AM
I think that the mass exodus Sunday in the fourth quarter resounded that sentiment.
Bad to say but I was glad to see that for that reason only.

wolfpack
10-10-2007, 10:51 AM
bad part is the people leaving ALREADY paid for tickets. a blackout game or two might open eyes better. thats bad for us who cant go to the game. luckly i live far enough away i`d still get it.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Bad to say but I was glad to see that for that reason only.

Exactly; I hope Carl was watching closely.

m0ebr0
10-10-2007, 01:34 PM

I agree to a point. CP and the coaches need to make some offseason changes that will benifit our team. They need to pick up a fullback, and some linemen (in reguards to this year). However the players need to go out and do thier job. If they dont CP needs to find a replacement.

DrunkHillbilly
10-10-2007, 02:38 PM

We absolutely have. What's the point?

He is the only common denominator between all of those teams. They are all avg. I'm done with avg after 30 years! Most all of the other teams seem to get better within a reasonable time frame. Hell, look at the Patriots and the Bengals. They used to be terrible! Us, we still just keep on stayin the course while pockets are lined nicely every year!

DrunkHillbilly
10-10-2007, 02:41 PM
I agree to a point. CP and the coaches need to make some offseason changes that will benifit our team. They need to pick up a fullback, and some linemen (in reguards to this year). However the players need to go out and do thier job. If they dont CP needs to find a replacement.

I'm saying he never does. We have had several coaches. Can they all suck, or could it actually be that CP has a little something to do with the way things are ran around this organization?

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 05:52 PM
bad part is the people leaving ALREADY paid for tickets. a blackout game or two might open eyes better. thats bad for us who cant go to the game. luckly i live far enough away i`d still get it.

One would hope.

chief31
10-10-2007, 05:54 PM

We absolutely have. What's the point?

He is the only common denominator between all of those teams. They are all avg. I'm done with avg after 30 years! Most all of the other teams seem to get better within a reasonable time frame. Hell, look at the Patriots and the Bengals. They used to be terrible! Us, we still just keep on stayin the course while pockets are lined nicely every year!

Either they were average teams, or they underachieved. I feel like we have had some teams that were capable of winning a Super Bowl, but it just doesn't always happen.

If you say they were unerachieving, then clearly the GM put enough talent on the team and they didn't manage to get the job done.

And I, in no way, lay the responsibilty for a poor playoff record on a GM. Maybe the coach, maybe the players, but not the GM.

I criticize CP, when I think he has made a mistake. But when a great team achieves the status of a good team, I place the blame elsewhere.

Every teams fanbase gets mad when some higprofile free agent gets signed by another team. Rather they know the whole story, or not.

The past few seasons, the defense has been the biggest area of need, right? K.Bell, P. Surtain, S. Knight, T. Law, D. Edwards, N. Harris. That's three years and six high-profile free agents, specifically for the defense.

You can rip many of them to shreds now, as hindsight is 20/20, but Chiefs fans have been pretty excited about each of these guys, when they were signed. And it clearly shows more effort than he gets credit for.

Perhaps he should be doing what the Redskins' owner did, awhile back and just start signing every big name that comes available. Maybe we should do like the Patriots and win a few Super Bowls with what we have, so guys like Randy Moss will go out of their way to join our team.

I want the Chiefs to be champions, as bad as anyone, but complaining about a GM who has given us some great teams and addressed some big needs in free-agency, isn't accomplishing anything.

I find it extremely concerning, that you would suggest that the Bengals' Gm has done a better job. What on Earth have they done? They have made the playoffs one time, in recent memory and went one and out. How is it that that impresses you?

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Either they were average teams, or they underachieved. I feel like we have had some teams that were capable of winning a Super Bowl, but it just doesn't always happen...

Agreed; one such example was the "93" Chiefs, and just came up short in the AFC Championship game against Buffalo. I still believe that if Montana doesn't get knocked out of that game we would have had our third trip to the Super Bowl.

DrunkHillbilly
10-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Either they were average teams, or they underachieved. I feel like we have had some teams that were capable of winning a Super Bowl, but it just doesn't always happen.

If you say they were unerachieving, then clearly the GM put enough talent on the team and they didn't manage to get the job done.

And I, in no way, lay the responsibilty for a poor playoff record on a GM. Maybe the coach, maybe the players, but not the GM.

I criticize CP, when I think he has made a mistake. But when a great team achieves the status of a good team, I place the blame elsewhere.

Every teams fanbase gets mad when some higprofile free agent gets signed by another team. Rather they know the whole story, or not.

The past few seasons, the defense has been the biggest area of need, right? K.Bell, P. Surtain, S. Knight, T. Law, D. Edwards, N. Harris. That's three years and six high-profile free agents, specifically for the defense.

You can rip many of them to shreds now, as hindsight is 20/20, but Chiefs fans have been pretty excited about each of these guys, when they were signed. And it clearly shows more effort than he gets credit for.

Perhaps he should be doing what the Redskins' owner did, awhile back and just start signing every big name that comes available. Maybe we should do like the Patriots and win a few Super Bowls with what we have, so guys like Randy Moss will go out of their way to join our team.

I want the Chiefs to be champions, as bad as anyone, but complaining about a GM who has given us some great teams and addressed some big needs in free-agency, isn't accomplishing anything.

I find it extremely concerning, that you would suggest that the Bengals' Gm has done a better job. What on Earth have they done? They have made the playoffs one time, in recent memory and went one and out. How is it that that impresses you?

First, I don't think we have ever fielded a "great" team.

The free agents I was speaking of, I think you know were O linemen and WR's

Law, Surtain and Harris were all old when we signed them and are even older today and on the downhill side of their careers. I'll play along with Edwards and Bell. Knight, ehh. whatever.

Patriots??? Well, someone that was doin the drafting liked Brady!!! Did we draft before or after that year? I'm guessing after.

Bengals, I was referring how they went from people wearing bags over their heads to people actually cheering for them. They were terrible for a looong time and now they are considered a good team in the league. We were considered an avg team and now are a bad team. We seem to be going the wrong way!

I just don't understand how you are ok with mediocrity?
You seem like a fairly intelligent kid, don't you get tired of expecting the same ole thing every single year? You know that year after year, we are going to be avg. at best. If it's not the D then it's the QB. If it's not the QB, it's the O line. It's ALWAYS something with this team! A person would think that when a franchise ( unless your the Cardinals and even they seem to be on the right road this season but we've said that before!!! ) has been around this long and has actually not been far off from doing something special a couple times, they would make those few small tweaks or aquire a missing piece or two that would put them over the edge!

We never seem to do that. We get right up to the edge and then what, we stand pat with what we have which wasn't enough in the first place!

DrunkHillbilly
10-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Agreed; one such example was the "93" Chiefs, and just came up short in the AFC Championship game against Buffalo. I still believe that if Montana doesn't get knocked out of that game we would have had our third trip to the Super Bowl.

This is part of my problem. I don't want to have to look back at something that happened 14 YEARS ago! I am proud of our organization and think we just don't do enough every year to stay competitive.

chief31
10-10-2007, 07:00 PM
First, I don't think we have ever fielded a "great" team.

The free agents I was speaking of, I think you know were O linemen and WR's

We do agree on this oversight in a very mild way. I don't think there was anything available, that we had a legitimate chance to sign, since the time I thought we needed either.

Law, Surtain and Harris were all old when we signed them and are even older today and on the downhill side of their careers. I'll play along with Edwards and Bell. Knight, ehh. whatever.

As I said, hindsight. They were all considered to be big pickups at the time. And Harris is still rather young. He's only 28. Surtain just turned 31. He was only 29 when we signed him.

Patriots??? Well, someone that was doin the drafting liked Brady!!! Did we draft before or after that year? I'm guessing after.

Ahaaahaaaahaaahaaahaaaaaa!!! Just so you know, the Patriots passed on Tom Brady, five times in that draft. He was a sixth-round pick. They didn't even know what they were getting.

Bengals, I was referring how they went from people wearing bags over their heads to people actually cheering for them. They were terrible for a looong time and now they are considered a good team in the league. We were considered an avg team and now are a bad team. We seem to be going the wrong way!

This, also, is ridiculous. They are a 'good team", while the 13-3 '04 Chiefs were an avearge team? Again, the Bengals haven't don squat. I have no clue how you can consider them a good team, when they haven't been to the second round of the playoffs and tell me how average the Chiefs have been, for exactly that same reason.

I just don't understand how you are ok with mediocrity?
You seem like a fairly intelligent kid, don't you get tired of expecting the same ole thing every single year? You know that year after year, we are going to be avg. at best.

Nope. I fully expected several of our teams to go to and/or win a Super Bowl. I know a thing or two about an organization doing everything that they can to just fill seats. Not trying to field a champion. I am a Cubs fan. Until recently, the Cubs were as guilty as any team has ever been, for decades. The Chiefs have not been doing that.

If it's not the D then it's the QB. If it's not the QB, it's the O line. It's ALWAYS something with this team! A person would think that when a franchise ( unless your the Cardinals and even they seem to be on the right road this season but we've said that before!!! ) has been around this long and has actually not been far off from doing something special a couple times, they would make those few small tweaks or aquire a missing piece or two that would put them over the edge!

Exactly my point above. The offense was great and everyone knew e needed defense. What happened in the offseason, following the '04 playoff loss to the Colts? CP forced the resignation of the D coordinator, despite the stubbornness of Vermiel, then proceeded to pay out the nose, for free agents, on the D. And drafted with a heavy lean towards defense. Obviously, the effort was there, in every way. They were not attempting to fill seasts. They were doing what you are complaining that they never do.

We never seem to do that.

See above.^^^

We get right up to the edge and then what, we stand pat with what we have which wasn't enough in the first place!

I disagree. I have seen the effort.

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 08:04 PM

That's tellin him. :D
j/k

DrunkHillbilly
10-10-2007, 08:39 PM

CP, GM for the Kansas City Chiefs. Do you realize that since he has been here for the last 19 years, every other AFC West team has been to the Superbowl? This includes Seattle from the old division. This is indicative to what I am talking about. Mediocrity. But if you look at it from a divisional competition. We are well below avg.

At some point the GM has to be responsible for his lack of hiring the right people to get the job done! It happens all the time to coaches and managers. That time is NOW!!!

chief31
10-10-2007, 08:44 PM
CP, GM for the Kansas City Chiefs. Do you realize that since he has been here for the last 19 years, every other AFC West team has been to the Superbowl? This includes Seattle from the old division. This is indicative to what I am talking about. Mediocrity. But if you look at it from a divisional competition. We are well below avg.

At some point the GM has to be responsible for his lack of hiring the right people to get the job done! It happens all the time to coaches and managers. That time is NOW!!!
While I definitely get angry with some of the moves that he doesn't make, I still think he has done a good job, in the big picture. I know that won't be a popular decision, but that is how I feel about it. On many occaisions, he has done his job well, while others have failed in theirs.

DrunkHillbilly
10-10-2007, 08:51 PM
While I definitely get angry with some of the moves that he doesn't make, I still think he has done a good job, in the big picture. I know that won't be a popular decision, but that is how I feel about it. On many occaisions, he has done his job well, while others have failed in theirs.

19 years and how many AFC Championships and NO Superbowls though?? Isn't the big picture to get to the Superbowl and win? When is it time to change things up? Guess it's a good thing he doesn't work for the Yankee's!!!

chief31
10-10-2007, 08:56 PM
19 years and how many AFC Championships and NO Superbowls though?? Isn't the big picture to get to the Superbowl and win? When is it time to change things up? Guess it's a good thing he doesn't work for the Yankee's!!!

Perfect example. What is the Yankees' playoff winning percentage the past five, or six years? You can get the best bunch of players, which is the GMs job, but that doesn't guarantee they will perform to the level of their capability. And the Yankees have no salary cap to contend with and a seemingly unending supply of cash.

DrunkHillbilly
10-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Perfect example. What is the Yankees' playoff winning percentage the past five, or six years? You can get the best bunch of players, which is the GMs job, but that doesn't guarantee they will perform to the level of their capability. And the Yankees have no salary cap to contend with and a seemingly unending supply of cash.

Bad example on your part! Cashman is the single winningest GM in MLB history!! He has been partly responsible for 5 World Championships for the Yankee's! Guess what, he's done it in less than 19 years!

Yankees:
2001....World Series
2002....Divisional Series
2003....World Series
2004....Championship Series
2005....Division Series
2006....Division Series
2007....Division Series

Chiefs:
2001....No playoffs
2002....No playoffs
2003....No playoffs
2004....AFC Divisional
2005....No playoffs
2006....No playoffs
2007....AFC Wildcard

Doesn't seem to be a perfect example to me.

Pro_Angler
10-10-2007, 10:34 PM
I have said all along and will continue to say Carl is the problem!!!!! he need's to go. he is the longest running GM currently in the NFL and hasnt done jack crap!

chief31
10-11-2007, 02:23 AM
Bad example on your part! Cashman is the single winningest GM in MLB history!! He has been partly responsible for 5 World Championships for the Yankee's! Guess what, he's done it in less than 19 years!

Yankees:
2001....World Series
2003....World Series
2005....Division Series
2006....Division Series
2007....Division Series

Chiefs:
2001....No playoffs
2002....No playoffs
2003....No playoffs
2004....AFC Divisional
2005....No playoffs
2006....No playoffs
2007....AFC Wildcard

Doesn't seem to be a perfect example to me. Having been to the playoffs, with an unlimited cash supply,for the past four years, what have they accomplished? Zero worl series wins, or appearances. You can put the right talent there, and still not win it all. With the bankroll that Cashman is given, shouldn't the Yankees win the World Series every year? Peterson has a much smaller spending limit due to the salary cap. It is a perfect example, because while you can field the most talent, there is still no guarantee that they will accomplish what they should.

That is exactly what many of Petersons Chiefs teams have done. But the Yankees have done it for four straight years. Making them a perfect statement for underachieving teams.

Guru
10-11-2007, 02:33 AM

Perhaps you would like to make a wager?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1074

Guru
10-11-2007, 02:35 AM

Yankees:
2001....World Series
2003....World Series
2005....Division Series
2006....Division Series
2007....Division Series

Chiefs:
2001....No playoffs
2002....No playoffs
2003....No playoffs
2004....AFC Divisional
2005....No playoffs
2006....No playoffs
2007....AFC Wildcard

Doesn't seem to be a perfect example to me.

I think he is just stating that the Yankees payroll is not winning all the championships every year. With a payroll like theirs and the talent they have, there is no excuse for NOT winning the WS every stinking year.

rbedgood
10-11-2007, 02:51 AM
I think he is just stating that the Yankees payroll is not winning all the championships every year. With a payroll like theirs and the talent they have, there is no excuse for NOT winning the WS every stinking year.

Of course an argument could be made that if you're a GM and you have a salary cap, and you don't spend it all, then you'd better win the championship...if you didn't then you didn't use your resources to the fullest capability.

Guru
10-11-2007, 02:53 AM
Of course an argument could be made that if you're a GM and you have a salary cap, and you don't spend it all, then you'd better win the championship...if you didn't then you didn't use your resources to the fullest capability.
Several GMs fall into that category.

rbedgood
10-11-2007, 02:58 AM
Several GMs fall into that category.

Just playing the devils advocate.

YouTube - Devil's Advocate - satan

Guru
10-11-2007, 02:59 AM
Just playing the devils advocate.

I just HATE the Yankees is all. :D

sling58
10-11-2007, 07:18 AM

Yeah I am glad they lost. Tired of hearing about them.

DrunkHillbilly
10-11-2007, 09:48 AM
Having been to the playoffs, with an unlimited cash supply,for the past four years, what have they accomplished? Zero worl series wins, or appearances. You can put the right talent there, and still not win it all. With the bankroll that Cashman is given, shouldn't the Yankees win the World Series every year? Peterson has a much smaller spending limit due to the salary cap. It is a perfect example, because while you can field the most talent, there is still no guarantee that they will accomplish what they should.

That is exactly what many of Petersons Chiefs teams have done. But the Yankees have done it for four straight years. Making them a perfect statement for underachieving teams.

Your smart enough to know that you can't win every year no matter who is on the field or how much money you have. We were talking GM's. You implied that the Yanks GM hasn't done anything. So what, they haven't won the World Series in 4 years. They have been to the playoffs all 4. I'm lookin for the Chiefs to be as bad as they have been! Maybe we can have that kind of success!!

I can't believe you think CP has done a good job. In the last 7 years we have been to the playoffs twice???? Not good enough in my book!

sling58
10-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Until a GM gives us a Championship in KC no one is good enough. If CP gets us the talent to win then I will send him a Hallmark card.

swmochiefsfan
10-11-2007, 10:33 AM
Until a GM gives us a Championship in KC no one is good enough. If CP gets us the talent to win then I will send him a Hallmark card.
Don't waist your money by buying it early.

Chiefster
10-11-2007, 10:54 AM

Yankees bad.

sling58
10-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Yankees bad.

Chiefs GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DrunkHillbilly
10-11-2007, 11:05 AM

You may want to wait on buying that card. I think it will be out dated by the time that comes!!

Look, I don't have the answer as to who the GM should be, I just know that 19 years is a long time of not gettin it done.

Chiefster
10-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Chiefs GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may want to wait on buying that card. I think it will be out dated by the time that comes!!

Look, I don't have the answer as to who the GM should be, I just know that 19 years is a long time of not gettin it done.

Agreed!

sling58
10-11-2007, 11:34 AM

Agreed, but we haven't had a GM to get anything done since we won the SB.

DrunkHillbilly
10-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Agreed, but we haven't had a GM to get anything done since we won the SB.

Well that would mean we would have to actually try another GM! He's had his chance! No other team in the NFL has a GM that has been around this long! Most teams don't wait 10 years to get someone else if the GM is not getting the job done let alone 19! You can only blame so many coaches and players before you have to look in other directions for the lack of success.

sling58
10-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Well that would mean we would have to actually try another GM! He's had his chance! No other team in the NFL has a GM that has been around this long! Most teams don't wait 10 years to get someone else if the GM is not getting the job done let alone 19! You can only blame so many coaches and players before you have to look in other directions for the lack of success.

True, which is why I have said countless times, FIRE CP!

DrunkHillbilly
10-11-2007, 12:44 PM
True, which is why I have said countless times, FIRE CP!

What a concept!!! I think we are in the majority with these thoughts!!

swmochiefsfan
10-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Couldn't agree more.

Chiefster
10-11-2007, 05:27 PM
I cannot argue with any of the above thoughts.

That is all.

chief31
10-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Your smart enough to know that you can't win every year no matter who is on the field or how much money you have.

Exactly my point. Sometimes you can put the best team out there, and still not win. In the NFL, with the salary cap, it is a whole lot tougher. I believe that the Chiefs have had Super Bowl-caliber teams four times, that haven't made it there. Cashman has done the same, in the last four years. Championship-caliber teams, that have fallen short.

We were talking GM's. You implied that the Yanks GM hasn't done anything. So what, they haven't won the World Series in 4 years. They have been to the playoffs all 4. I'm lookin for the Chiefs to be as bad as they have been! Maybe we can have that kind of success!!

There ya go! Take full advantage of the salary cap difference. Because that is all that there is. The reason Cashman can field a playoff team, is because he is given enough money to make a championship team, every year. But with his last four championship teams, they have all fallen short. Is that then Cashmans fault?

Talk the NFL into allowing just the Chiefs an exclusion from the salary cap and Peterson will do the same thing. (Actually, football is such a different sport, that it wouldn't work that way.)

I can't believe you think CP has done a good job. In the last 7 years we have been to the playoffs twice???? Not good enough in my book!

I can't believe that you are placing every ounce of blame on someone who does players contracts work. And eventhough he signed LJ, which you wanted, still don't want to credit him for his actual job.

That's all there is to it. The TEAM has not won one yet, so most people just look to fire everybody.

Well that would mean we would have to actually try another GM! He's had his chance! No other team in the NFL has a GM that has been around this long! Most teams

Pssst. Most teams haven't won a Super Bowl recently either.

don't wait 10 years to get someone else if the GM is not getting the job done let alone 19! You can only blame so many coaches and players before you have to look in other directions for the lack of success.

That is a cop-out. It ignores what Peterson has done in his job and ASSUMES that he must be to blame, because you are tired of blaming everyone else.

What a concept!!! I think we are in the majority with these thoughts!!

A quick couple of facts about "the majority"...

The majority believed that the Chargers were going to beat the Chiefs in week four. They believed that the Steelers were not going to be in, let alone win, the Super Bowl two years ago. The majority believe that the Yankees are going to win the World Series every year. The majority believed that the Saints were going to win their division this year and that they were going to struggle last year.

The majority is just a mob-mentallity that is as wrong and as right as an individual.

DrunkHillbilly
10-11-2007, 10:38 PM
I can't believe that you are placing every ounce of blame on someone who does players contracts work. And eventhough he signed LJ, which you wanted, still don't want to credit him for his actual job.

That's all there is to it. The TEAM has not won one yet, so most people just look to fire everybody.

That is a cop-out. It ignores what Peterson has done in his job and ASSUMES that he must be to blame, because you are tired of blaming everyone else.

A quick couple of facts about "the majority"...

The majority believed that the Chargers were going to beat the Chiefs in week four. They believed that the Steelers were not going to be in, let alone win, the Super Bowl two years ago. The majority believe that the Yankees are going to win the World Series every year. The majority believed that the Saints were going to win their division this year and that they were going to struggle last year.

The majority is just a mob-mentallity that is as wrong and as right as an individual.

Never said you could win EVERY year. However, Cashman WON 5 Championships in 10 years and went to the playoffs the other 5. Like I said he is the most winningest GM in MLB history. I wish we had their problem!!! We can barely get there in 10! As far as being a whole lot tougher in the NFL to win, guess what, not sure I agree with that either. In baseball among other things, you have to win for a LOOOOOOONG time to make it to the playoffs.

Also never said anything about EVERY OUNCE OF BLAME!
To the contrary, I said he had done well in previous years but it has been a LONG time. At what point do you think that upper management has to take some responsibility? Never! Just keep on keepin on huh?

About other teams winning Superbowls. Well, I believe my statement was about GETTING to the Superbowl first. So, since 1988 when CP got this job, 22 teams have been to the Superbowl and we are NOT one of them!

Your right, the whole salary cap thing wouldn't work for your argument.

Majority....meaning the majority of the Crowd and I would bet Chiefs fan in general. Like I asked before, at what point do you believe enough is enough? When is he responsible for not winning? How many different coaches can we bring in and fire or they quit? How many players can we blame? How many more years of this crap can you stand? Qite a few I'm guessing because as long as he's here, we're not going to the Superbowl!!!

m0ebr0
10-11-2007, 10:46 PM
You cant put all the blame on CP. Its the players job to preform. Its CP's fault for getting players that cant preform like we need. Some blame goes to CP but you cant put all the blame on him which alot of people do.

chief31
10-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Never said you could win EVERY year. However, Cashman WON 5 Championships in 10 years and went to the playoffs the other 5. Like I said he is the most winningest GM in MLB history. I wish we had their problem!!!

Yeah. Salary cap.

We can barely get there in 10! As far as being a whole lot tougher in the NFL to win

Missed the idea. Not easier to win, easier to buy talent. No salary cap.

, guess what, not sure I agree with that either. In baseball among other things, you have to win for a LOOOOOOONG time to make it to the playoffs.

Also never said anything about EVERY OUNCE OF BLAME!
To the contrary, I said he had done well in previous years but it has been a LONG time. At what point do you think that upper management has to take some responsibility? Never! Just keep on keepin on huh?

When he fails in HIS JOB.

About other teams winning Superbowls. Well, I believe my statement was about GETTING to the Superbowl first. So, since 1988 when CP got this job, 22 teams have been to the Superbowl and we are NOT one of them!

And I feel that where alot of those teams were quite lucky, the Chiefs experienced a cetain amount of bad luck. That's life though.

Your right, the whole salary cap thing wouldn't work for your argument.

It doesn't work for your argument.

Majority....meaning the majority of the Crowd and I would bet Chiefs fan in general. Like I asked before, at what point do you believe enough is enough? When is he responsible for not winning? How many different coaches can we bring in and fire or they quit? How many players can we blame? How many more years of this crap can you stand? Qite a few I'm guessing because as long as he's here, we're not going to the Superbowl!!!

It's always so convincing, when you state your opinion as a fact. As I said, there have been a few Chiefs teams, under CP, that were more than capable of winning a Super Bowl. But, appearently, if CP hadn't been there, that would have made the difference. So then maybe if I hadn't been watching the Chiefs/Colts playoff game in '04, they would have won?

At the time of those games, CP was nothing more than a spectator. Same as you and me.

A majority still doesn't mean right.

DrunkHillbilly
10-11-2007, 11:23 PM
It's always so convincing, when you state your opinion as a fact. As I said, there have been a few Chiefs teams, under CP, that were more than capable of winning a Super Bowl. But, appearently, if CP hadn't been there, that would have made the difference. So then maybe if I hadn't been watching the Chiefs/Colts playoff game in '04, they would have won?

At the time of those games, CP was nothing more than a spectator. Same as you and me.

A majority still doesn't mean right.
Salary cap......22 other teams have done it in the NFL since he's been here. More than half the teams. Were they ALL just lucky?

I said I agree that we have had a few good teams under him but you still won't answer my question.

At what point is the GM responsible for the lack of success? You see it all the time in sports. A team goes through a coach or two, maybe three and then if they still don't have some sort of success, the GM goes. 19 freakin years and only 3 playoff appearances in the last 10? Should he be the GM for ever? Lifetime contract?

Guru
10-11-2007, 11:56 PM
Can't we all just git along?

:D

hermhater
10-11-2007, 11:58 PM

That is all.

FYP :D

Guru
10-11-2007, 11:59 PM
FYP :D

'scuse me!!!!! When did I become that lowlife Chiefster?:mob:

DrunkHillbilly
10-12-2007, 12:00 AM

:D

I think we are. Just having a dicussion about why our Chefs yes Chefs are having a rough go at it! Obviously it's a combo of things, I just seem to think that CP is a big part of that combo and chief31 doesn't that all!!:D

Atleast I hope that's all that's goin on. 31???????

hermhater
10-12-2007, 12:01 AM
'scuse me!!!!! When did I become that lowlife Chiefster?:mob:

Well I seen that you were using his intimidating technique of multiple Enter key strikes to gain Arrowcash!

Sellout!

:lol::sign0098: :toast2: :yahoo::wheelchair:

Guru
10-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Well I seen that you were using his intimidating technique of multiple Enter key strikes to gain Arrowcash!

Sellout!

:sign0153:Umm, those don't count towards arrowcash. Only actual letters and words.

hermhater
10-12-2007, 12:08 AM

Sellout!

:sign0153:Umm, those don't count towards arrowcash. Only actual letters and words.

You are correct as always, dagnabbit!

Why do they call you Guru again?

:lol: :sign0098:

Guru
10-12-2007, 12:15 AM
You are correct as always, dagnabbit!

Why do they call you Guru again?

:lol: :sign0098:

Well duh!!!!:lol:

chief31
10-12-2007, 06:20 AM
I think we are. Just having a dicussion about why our Chefs yes Chefs are having a rough go at it! Obviously it's a combo of things, I just seem to think that CP is a big part of that combo and chief31 doesn't that all!!:D

Atleast I hope that's all that's goin on. 31???????
Oh no. It's all good. I only picked this fight, because I needed a good debate. If you readf back to my early posts in this discussion, you will see that I am not a serious CP backer, but not entirely out for his head.

Salary cap......22 other teams have done it in the NFL since he's been here. More than half the teams. Were they ALL just lucky?
They all had either good luck, or they just didn't have bad luck. Believe me, I attribute luck to everything, becaue even if it didn't play a fctor, then that is pretty lucky.

I said I agree that we have had a few good teams under him but you still won't answer my question.

At what point is the GM responsible for the lack of success? You see it all the time in sports. A team goes through a coach or two, maybe three and then if they still don't have some sort of success, the GM goes. 19 freakin years and only 3 playoff appearances in the last 10? Should he be the GM for ever? Lifetime contract?

When he is not doing his job well, then it is time to blame him. I'm not going to analyze every GM in all major sports, for reasons why they changed GMs when they did, and if it was right or wrong. But I think that our current GM has been doing a pretty good job. He has put us in a position to win. Isn't that what we ask of him?

I will repeat that I dislike many of our most recent draft decisions, but I believe that those decisions aren't his. That they are the head coaches.

I'm not going to go on a tirade if CP gets the boot at the end of the season, but I don't think there is enough of a reason to remove him. If I were in charge, as much as I want to win a Super Bowl, I would not fire CP at this time.

sling58
10-12-2007, 07:02 AM
I just don't think the CP has been actively going out and getting the caliber of players that we need to make a run to the Superbowl the last few years. Everyone knew WRoaf and WShields were going to retire soon. Why didn't we go after someone to put behind them to try and replace them instead of just throwing some average guy in there. Let's plan ahead a little bit and not always play catch up.

Chiefster
10-13-2007, 12:53 AM
I just don't think the CP has been actively going out and getting the caliber of players that we need to make a run to the Superbowl the last few years. Everyone knew WRoaf and WShields were going to retire soon. Why didn't we go after someone to put behind them to try and replace them instead of just throwing some average guy in there. Let's plan ahead a little bit and not always play catch up.

This does not fit into CP's plans to field an average, mediocre team.

rbedgood
10-13-2007, 01:04 AM

It's about the Benjamins...and not Benjamin Watson (TE-NE), but Benjamin Franklin...

Paying for talent that is simply going to sit on your bench doesn't make sense if you're priority is profit...it only makes sense if your priority is winning.

hermhater
10-13-2007, 04:08 AM
It's about the Benjamins...and not Benjamin Watson (TE-NE), but Benjamin Franklin...

Paying for talent that is simply going to sit on your bench doesn't make sense if you're priority is profit...it only makes sense if your priority is winning.

It is wrong to be right.

chief31
10-13-2007, 04:55 AM

There is most definitley alot of merit to that particular cause. But I would submit the '05 offseason. Patrick Surtain, Sammie Knight, Kendrell Bell. With a team that had all the offense that one could ask for, Peterson made this obvious attempt to bring in what the team needed to become a Super Bowl contnder, defense.

sling58
10-13-2007, 07:03 AM
There is most definitley alot of merit to that particular cause. But I would submit the '05 offseason. Patrick Surtain, Sammie Knight, Kendrell Bell. With a team that had all the offense that one could ask for, Peterson made this obvious attempt to bring in what the team needed to become a Super Bowl contnder, defense.

I think Surtain at the time was the only player worth the merit at that time IMO. Knight is no longer with us and Bell? He has been bust recently. This is my opinion though. Others might have a different POV.

m0ebr0
10-13-2007, 09:08 PM

He doesnt want to put that kind of money or wok into a SB team.

It wouldnt be hard to make 1 now just give us a good line and we will be a contender. But I guess theres always something holding us back.

spiman
10-13-2007, 09:35 PM
For us outta townee's. Do they broadcast the Chiefs games at 61sports?

hermhater
10-13-2007, 09:37 PM
For us outta townee's. Do they broadcast the Chiefs games at 61sports?

timsatt posted about a program you can download and watch the Chiefs games live streaming on your computer.

spiman
10-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Can you narrow it down? There is 285 posts bytimsatt. I guess I could e-mail or p.m.

spiman
10-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Found it-sorry guys/gals.Got smart read thread starters.

hermhater
10-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Found it-sorry guys/gals

Great made me post for nothing!

(I love post whoring!)