PDA

View Full Version : den sched too tough for manning???

chiefnut
07-26-2012, 05:28 PM
just because i just noticed it and to change subjects for a bit, looking at the bronco sched its possible they end up 2-14 instead of 14-2.
steelers-loss
falcons -loss
texans- loss
raiders - win
chargers-loss
saints -loss
bengals - loss ?
panthers -loss?
chargers - loss?
CHIEFS - loss
ravens - loss
CHIEFS -loss
raiders - loss?
browns - win

not actualy predicting it, but i could see it hapening if things don't go right in those [?] games.
so much for the donx being the favorite to win the division, heyna or no???:chiefs:

matthewschiefs
07-26-2012, 06:08 PM
How many 10 straight win seasons did they have under him? Wasn't it 10 or so? Anyways, Denver won the division last year with Tim Tebow. Now they add Peyton manning, so in other words no. Your schedule projection is whack.

He's nearly 40 now has had not 1 not 2 not 3 but 4 neck surgeries he's not going to be the same player he once was. And he doesn't have a WR like Reggie Wayne,Marvion Harrisison to throw to. We just don't know what Peyton we are going to see. I don't think there going to be a 2 win team. But wouldn't be surprised at all to see them around the 8 win mark.

#58ChiefsFan
07-26-2012, 06:20 PM
They'll win 10 games plus or minus one. Look for a slow start (2-4ish) but once they get in rhythm they will be good. Manning isn't the problem it's the rest of the team learning his tendencies. The reason the colts won so many games was he had a true rapport with his teammates built over time.

matthewschiefs
07-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Manning made unknown WR's like Blair White house hold names. He could play with high school WR and look like the best ever. He has had a year's rest, he will be ready. Same old Peyton.

Since when is Blair White a house hold name???????????

Manning has helped make a lot of Lesser WRs better but he didn't do it alone. Harrison and Wayne also had a factor in that as they took a large amount of the attention from the Defenses. I no many want to give Manning all the credit for Indy but he doesn't deserve all the credit there were other good players that helped make Manning look better at times as well. I have seen a number of times Manning overthrew the ball Harrison would make a GREAT catch and it was declared a great throw by Manning. He doesn't have that same talent in Denver. And Denver lost a pretty big part of there rushing offense from a year ago in Tebow.

He misses a year there will be a rust factor as well. He might start off same old Manning but will he be able to hold up with his neck? Those are all very fair questions to have. I don't think anyone can say just how good or bad Manning will be.

slc chief
07-26-2012, 07:57 PM
Manning made unknown WR's like Blair White house hold names. He could play with high school WR and look like the best ever. He has had a year's rest, he will be ready. Same old Peyton.

who the hell is blair white get off mannings nutz. he may be good this season but he will not be the same old manning the dude is almost 40. act like you can even drink beer like you was 20 at 40 not going to happen let alone take a hit from a 330 pound dt. donkeys will definantly win more than two games this year. also they do have receivers. thomas might suprise some people and decker looks to be solid. but come on this is a new qb going to a system that is all new to him. he is old and has had surgery after surgery just to try to squeeze a few more years and checks out of a great nfl career. i think manning can be a phiilip rivers caliber qb this year good but not great. and the two years following this year. NO WAY HE IS THE MANNING OF OLD GET REAL

rodu
07-26-2012, 08:32 PM
Who is Blair White?

slc chief
07-26-2012, 08:57 PM
All i know is that with him they were super bowl contenders EVERY SINGLE YEAR, and then he leaves and they dont end up winning a game til week 13 or whatever.

They have a solid running game, something Peyton never really had, and for gods sakes if Tim Tebow won the division, just imagine their team with Peyton Manning.

I heard that his injury cannot be injured again from a hit, it has to be from something else (Dont ask me why, a doc on espn a couple of days ago said that)

how do they have a solid running game no show moreno is a bust mcgahee is old just like thomas jones was last year. the only reason denver ran the ball well and ranked high in the running stats was because of tebow. and thats all they did for four quarters. the phillip rivers comment yeah rivers is good but couldnt hold mannings jock strap when manning was in his prime, both of them are better than cassell that is a fact. but denvers defense and running game both reaped the benefits of the circus act last year . it takes half the season to get a team to gel all the way together and with the donkeys schedule and manning's stiff neck and age good luck. bottom line the donks have a better qb but the chiefs have a way better whole team

slc chief
07-26-2012, 09:27 PM
All i know is that with him they were super bowl contenders EVERY SINGLE YEAR, and then he leaves and they dont end up winning a game til week 13 or whatever.

They have a solid running game, something Peyton never really had, and for gods sakes if Tim Tebow won the division, just imagine their team with Peyton Manning.

I heard that his injury cannot be injured again from a hit, it has to be from something else (Dont ask me why, a doc on espn a couple of days ago said that).

yeah they WERE a superbowl contender every year with him. what some people dont realize is peyton was more than just a qb on that team. he was the o- coordinator as well. not buy title but he was the ones calling the plays dungy said so himself. now take away an elite qb from the team(pre surgery). as well as the guy that makes the audibles and calls the plays. and replace him with a curtis painter and some non proven coordinator. that does not know how you run the system and there you have it a piss poor record and a team that had given up week 4 into the season. if mannings neck was not an issue there would not have been speculation of him retiring because the injury he would not have been at only 60% when they signed him. good luck donkey fans

slc chief
07-26-2012, 09:32 PM
here is how i see it going down

steelers- actually a win (todd haley enough said)
falcons -loss (falcons are going to be pissed from there opening day loss to us) they also dont lose at home
texans- loss
raiders - win
chargers-loss
saints -loss
bengals - win
panthers -loss?
chargers - win (will be a shootout)
CHIEFS - loss
ravens - loss
CHIEFS -loss
raiders - win
browns - win

tornadospotter
07-26-2012, 09:47 PM
The donks will always be in the running for the AFC West, I think Peyton does make them better. But not good enough. Tamba makes a great hit and sack on Peyton early in our games against the donks, Peyton will be gun shy. I predict we will win both, or not. Probably be 1-1. As with the faiders, it is such a rivalry to go 1-1 is most likely, to sweep is to be division champs. But then the dolts have to be considered in recent history, they need to be beat twice. As for donks, faiders and dolts record against other teams, may they lose more of them than us!
That my friends and fellow members is all that is important at this time of the year.

matthewschiefs
07-26-2012, 10:30 PM
]All i know is that with him they were super bowl contenders EVERY SINGLE YEAR, and then he leaves and they dont end up winning a game til week 13 or whatever.
[/B]

I have said it before I will say it again. The Colts last year were more then a result of not having Peyton Manning. They have lost a number of guys that helped them through there superbowl runs. They lost there Head coach from that time. YES losing Peyton was the thing that finished them off but it was not just because they lost Peyton it was the combo of that and all the other guys that they have loss along with a great head coach. Add in the fact that the guys still on the team or getting up there in age. Peyton was a factor but he was not the only one they have loss over that time. It finally caught up with them.

slc chief
07-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Who wasn't there in 11 that was there in 10?
i still want to know who blair white is. like i stated losing manning was big because they let him have to much control of the offense. and when they lost him the TEAM gave up. they put all their eggs in the manning basket and it turned around to bight them just like it is going to do in denver

IslandKing77
07-27-2012, 01:41 AM
I couldn't believe when the schedule came out that we don't play them for the first time until so late in the season. You know intuitively that the Broncos will get off to a slow start and I'd like to have seen the Chiefs in a position to take advantage of that earlier in the year.

Seek
07-27-2012, 09:37 AM
How do you know? Lol, Philip Rivers has shown that he CAN be among the "elite." You better hope and pray Manning isn't on Rivers level.

Rivers is consinstently getting worse each year as key players leave each year. Remember he is the reason they lost to the Chiefs last year.

chiefnut
07-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Manning qb rating has gone down in 6 of the last 7 years w/2010 being the lowest w/the most yds passing yet the worst team record since 2002. could be a sign that the team and/or manning are aging. i have seen it so many times w/a great QB hits 40 and changes teams all of a sudden his production slides and never looks like the player he once was. Montana was an exception. just sayin don't be shocked if manning is not the legend he once was and the broncos don't have a great team to make up for it. tebow last year won games somewhat magicaly but even that ended after the steelers game. yes manning is ten times better than tebow, but tebow is just plain lucky and it is always better to be lucky than good!!! again i am not setting my prediction in stone just sayin it can happen easier than most people think. i think tebow won more of those games last year than manning would have.

ctchiefsfan
07-27-2012, 11:21 AM
I suspect that we will all have a much better idea what Manning will mean to the Broncos in about 6 weeks.

OPLookn
07-27-2012, 02:04 PM

Who the *%!# is Blair White? The only Blair White I can find that has played for Indy had 36 catches for 355 yards and 5TD in 2010. In 2011 he was a special teamer....please, PLEASE tell me how that is a household name?

Who wasn't there in 11 that was there in 10?

-QB Peyton Manning - start with the obvious first
-LB Gary Brackett - captain of the defense out after Pitt game (3rd week)
-S Melvin Bullitt who isn't as known but was their starter
- an aging Dwight Freeny
- an aging Jeff Saturday who retired after this last year
- an injured Joseph Addai who only played 8 games in 2010 and 12 in 2011. Addai also had less yards each year after Caldwell took over (past 3 yrs).
- an aging Dallas Clark who's numbers from 2010 and 2011 were embarrassing to previous years.

I mean the list goes on and on. This wasn't all Manning getting injured. This team was/is at the point where they're talent has gotten old and dried up. Period.

chiefnut
07-27-2012, 03:43 PM
Who the *%!# is Blair White? The only Blair White I can find that has played for Indy had 36 catches for 355 yards and 5TD in 2010. In 2011 he was a special teamer....please, PLEASE tell me how that is a household name?

- an aging Dwight Freeny
- an injured Joseph Addai who only played 8 games in 2010 and 12 in 2011. Addai also had less yards each year after Caldwell took over (past 3 yrs).
- an aging Dallas Clark who's numbers from 2010 and 2011 were embarrassing to previous years.

I mean the list goes on and on. This wasn't all Manning getting injured. This team was/is at the point where they're talent has gotten old and dried up. Period.

Blair White is that person in the witch trial movie...you know. "blair witch trial"!!!!:drunkhb:

ctchiefsfan
07-27-2012, 03:46 PM

MMO is not going to answer you. He hates it when his "facts" turn out to be fantasy.

matthewschiefs
07-27-2012, 05:01 PM

- an aging Dwight Freeny

THIS

Peyton Manning was the biggest part of the colts over the past 10 plus years. But if they still had all the parts they once had in there prime then just losing Peyton wouldn't have made them a 2-14 football team. Old age will always catch up with a team.

#58ChiefsFan
07-27-2012, 05:05 PM
THIS

Peyton Manning was the biggest part of the colts over the past 10 plus years. But if they still had all the parts they once had in there prime then just losing Peyton wouldn't have made them a 2-14 football team. Old age will always catch up with a team.

That's why having our entire roster under age 30 has so many fans excited.

nigeriannightmare
07-27-2012, 07:18 PM

Go to europe for a cpl wks and its the sane ol sane ol with you blair white....seriously!

Say what you want about peyton romeo has his number and has had it for years.

#58ChiefsFan
07-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Go to europe for a cpl wks and its the sane ol sane ol with you blair white....seriously!

Say what you want about peyton romeo has his number and has had it for years.

Here's the numbers that prove this post

Peyton Manning in 9 games vs. Romeo Crennel:

CMP/ATT: 197/322 (61.2%) (career: 64.9%)
Y/A: 6.64 (career: 7.6)
TD/INT: 9 TDs / 14 INTs (career: 399 TDs / 198 INTs)
QB Rating: 71.92 (career: 94.9)
Record: 3-6
Points per game: 17

nigeriannightmare
07-27-2012, 07:30 PM

Thanks for doing the homework.
:bananen_smilies046:

matthewschiefs
07-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Facts? I give you all of the facts in the world on Matt Cassel and why he can't be our franchise guy.

You give some facts but you leave out some pretty key facts. You give only the facts that you want to put out. You don't put out the whole story

They had Brackett week 1 and Bullitt the first 2 weeks and still got killed

You're missing the whole point. The point is the Colts over the YEARS have lost a number of key guys and there talent that was still there was not what they use to be due to the wear and tear over the years. Manning was the death blow. He was a HUGE part of why they were as good as they were. But don't you think a Marvin Harrison, edgerrin james in there prime like Manning had for years and years would have helped them win more then 2 games? 2010 the Colts were the SAME as the Chiefs 10-6 lost there first playoff game. You call that super bowl contenders? Well then Cassel had the Chiefs super bowl contenders.

matthewschiefs
07-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Yes, they lost to the jets by 1 or 2, we lost to the ravens by 30. The Colts went to the SB the year before. We didn't make the playoffs

We also beat the Jags,Bolts you no the "creampuffs" the Colts lost to them.

nigeriannightmare
07-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Why do we continue to engage in debate with someone in capabke of understanding debate.

matthewschiefs
07-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Well the Jags were at home when they beat Indy. Did we beat indy at Jax?

Jax stared TODD BOUMAN. TODD BAUMAN! Did Todd Bouman play against indy? .

Bottom line they ended up the EXACT same as the Chiefs did 10-6 out in the first round. You call that super bowl contenders for one team but not for the other? A team that had much more playoff experience had what I will grant you is a better qb and they couldn't win a playoff game and there superbowl contenders?

Yeah, Cassel threw for 68 hot yards, it was a fluke win. You and I both know it, they murdered us in yards and we won on special teams. But what can I say, a win is a win. And we did beat SD.

Again you have to bash Cassel and throw out a win. The bottom line is we WON that game against the Chargers. We scored more points then them. No matter how much it doesn't support your view IT HAPPENED

And what are you talking about really, we lost to Indy that year, by double digits.

Yes we did. I won't pretend it didn't happen but like I said at the end of the day we ended up the same as them in 2010. 10-6 out in the first round. You call it super bowl contenders for 1 team and Flukes for the other.

matthewschiefs
07-27-2012, 08:41 PM
But anyways Matt let's move on. My whole point is simply this, Peyton Manning is considered one of the best ever, and the reports we are getting from his camp is that he is on fire, "Putting on a clinic" is the quote. He is now in our division, on the team that won the division last year. We should be worried, because Denver is the team to beat this year. Why? They won the division last year and made a HUGE upgrade at the most important position, QB. Everyone wants to point fingers and say "What about his arm?" Well what about JC, Moaeki and Berry's leg? Are they going to be the same? How can you be so sure?

Peyton Manning is a great Hall of fame qb. But the media is constantly over hypeing anything that Peyton does. I don't care what he's doing in camp. I care about what matters in the game. Can he do it when he's able to actually be hit. Can he do it for a full season given his condition?

The difference between Peytons injury and Charles,Moaeki,Berry is this. Peyton has not had 1 injury 1 neck surgery he has had 4. Peyton is not in the same spot early in his career he's close to 40 years old. That's a big difference. You NEVER know how a player is going to come back but it's not nearly as hard when you don't have the amount of wear and tear that Peyton does.

matthewschiefs
07-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Well when I say that for the SD game I do believe that game was one of those games where the other team got lucky.

They had 398 total yards, we had 187. When I see a stat sheet like that 98% of the time you would think the 398 team won the game, but not this time, the 187 yard team won. So yes, that particular game could be considered a fluke.

I never said we were a "fluke team" If i did say it (Which I don't think I did) we weren't simply because we won our division.

We did have a fluke win yes, but you need to separate fluke team from a contender. Indy was a contender because they had gone to the SB from the previous year, they have been contenders since the 2003 season. They had shown in the past they can beat the top teams, while we have not. The primary difference was 2010 for them was considered a "down" year, 2010 for us was considered a "great" year. Colts lost by 1 pt in the playoffs and we lost by 30, and when you consider a good season getting blown out by 30 (which was for us a good year because we had gone 4-12 the year before, so don't jump down my throat) the teams in comparison are not the same, not even close.

You make them out to be Flukes from 2010 everytime you talk about the "cream puffs" which is very often. Basicly anytime anything good is said about Cassel .

matthewschiefs
07-27-2012, 09:29 PM
But Matt, cmon, 2010 schedule was very weak, you have to admit it, and that's the reason why everyone thinks Cassel can be our franchise guy. As the seasons go on, and the schedule gets tougher you start to see people have doubts about Cassel's ability. Why? Just like 2010 showed if we had played better teams he would of faltered, the numbers and record are there, from the past 3 seasons, including 2010.

I'm not going to go through this same argument again with you it is what it is. You want to put all the loses of this team on Cassel fine do it. I won't before I see what Cassel does with THIS team with THIS OC without a HC/OC and an OC to please. Lets just see what happens this season if Cassel fails then bash him fine. But if he should be good and do well give him just a little credit where it's due.

nigeriannightmare
07-27-2012, 09:31 PM
But Matt, cmon, 2010 schedule was very weak, you have to admit it, and that's the reason why everyone thinks Cassel can be our franchise guy. As the seasons go on, and the schedule gets tougher you start to see people have doubts about Cassel's ability. Why? Just like 2010 showed if we had played better teams he would of faltered, the numbers and record are there, from the past 3 seasons, including 2010.

Dude u either cant read dint understand reading or comprehending fact. This team that scott pioli and matt cassel came to was 2 and 14, won six games in 2 urs.....if you dont think thats a bad situation to come into you are flat out ignorant. No matter how you want to spin it those two are part of the reason we were dividion champs, 2 yrs removed from a 2 and 14 season with all those great players that were drafted by herm edwards. A win is a feaking win dude your.contempt for one player is astounding. Hes a chief you should want him to succeed.

And most on thisbsite think cassel is a servicable qb who.may exceed expectations is he a top tier qb no but can he get it done yes.

matthewschiefs
07-27-2012, 09:41 PM
Stop with the excuses, always blaming it on someone else.

But you're right, you and I don't want to get into it again. Matt this is the bottom line, with the exception of our D line we are fine everywhere else. Like it or not, much of the season comes down to the passing game. It comes down to Matt Cassel, we have proven we can run the ball and play good defense, but what was the big question going into the offseason? The qb position. So we will see what happens.

Stop leaving out the FACTS even when they don't support your view. Which is what you always do. I stand by my Challange to you Orton find me a qb that took over a 2-14 team had nearly 50 dropped passes and the 29th ranked defense that put up good numbers. There's a reason you haven't been able to IT DOESN'T HAPPEN. Until you can either admit it's been more then Cassel or show me that QB that has put up good numbers in the spot Cassel has been in with this team then I won't discuss this any further with you. You can have your view I can have mine. But learn to include ALL FACTS and not only the ones that you want to include before you talk to someone about making excuses.

matthewschiefs
07-27-2012, 09:51 PM
You act like taking over a 2-14 team then going 4-12, throwing 16 td and 16 int with a 69 qb rating is some momentous accomplishment.

Chad Pennington took over a 1-15 miami dolphins team and went 11-5 the next year, threw for more ypg, had a better record and rating than cassel did.

But Matt, the facts remain, our only question that shouldnt be a question is the qb position. We have shown we can run the ball on offense and play good defense, it's up to the qb now.

Did Chad Pennington have the 29th ranked D that year. Did Chad Pennington have nearly 50 dropped passes? It's not the same thing.

Qb is a question I have said many times this is it for Cassel there is talent around him and depth around him now. It's make or break for him

matthewschiefs
07-27-2012, 09:57 PM
4-12. That isnt even mediocre. That isn't even average. That's not even below average. That is terrible, that is a top 3 pick.

But yet you praise a management team that went 2-14???????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????

nigeriannightmare
07-28-2012, 05:10 AM
You do realize King Carl's first year he turned a 4-11 team into a 8-7 team, then the following year they were 11-5.

Just saying.

Thanks fot priving my point. Hoe long was carl gm.....20 years.

nigeriannightmare
07-28-2012, 12:55 PM
So you're saying you want Pioli to be here for 20 years?

If he continues ro improve the team with youth absolutely. We are the youngest team in the nfl with a defense that very well could be dominant. Not saying the D will be 90's good but our D will be tough to beat, id say top 5. Our iffense is young and i think stanzi gonna be the qb we have all looked for.

matthewschiefs
07-28-2012, 01:58 PM
I have NEVER praised King Carl, I have only said the majority of our impact players were from the previous regime, and it holds true.

In your mind yes since you won't give any of Pioli's guys a fair shake. Mccluster,Moaki,Succop,Houston,Jackson,Berry (although you do give him credit) Breaston

MissingTBone
07-28-2012, 04:20 PM
All I know is he better be on his A game when he lines up against our Cgiefs this year. I think we are gonna be focused, and better prepared than we were last season. If Cassel can hand the ball off to our 2 bruisers, and Romeos D is strong we will be in the mix for division title with Manning! I'm excited for this season.... Go Chiefs!!

BoltWalt
07-29-2012, 02:59 AM
I heard that his injury cannot be injured again from a hit, it has to be from something else (Dont ask me why, a doc on espn a couple of days ago said that)
And lightening can never hit the same place twice.

BoltWalt
07-29-2012, 05:05 AM
Manning qb rating has gone down in 6 of the last 7 years w/2010 being the lowest w/the most yds passing yet the worst team record since 2002. could be a sign that the team and/or manning are aging. i have seen it so many times w/a great QB hits 40 and changes teams all of a sudden his production slides and never looks like the player he once was. Montana was an exception. just sayin don't be shocked if manning is not the legend he once was and the broncos don't have a great team to make up for it. tebow last year won games somewhat magicaly but even that ended after the steelers game. yes manning is ten times better than tebow, but tebow is just plain lucky and it is always better to be lucky than good!!! again i am not setting my prediction in stone just sayin it can happen easier than most people think. i think tebow won more of those games last year than manning would have.
Peyton Williams Manning (born March 24, 1976) that makes him 36 years old.

chiefnut
07-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Peyton Williams Manning (born March 24, 1976) that makes him 36 years old.

my bad, i was just using his age from an earlier post, should have checked me self. he should still have 2 - 3 good years left assuming he is 100% back. and that is the million $ ???

OPLookn
07-30-2012, 01:05 PM

Wait that's the same kind of TD to INT #'s that Cassel has had against .500 or better teams. That means that when Manning plays the Chiefs he's a "horrible" QB...right MMO?

By the way still like that you completely ignored my post about the Colts having a ton of people that were older, injured, bruised up the entire season, etc.

Also I said it and I'll say it again....are you going to ignore the FACT that you threw out some b.s. about some guy named Blair White being a household name? C'mon, you really expect to let that one slip?

ctchiefsfan
07-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Let's be honest Chiefs Fans.....NONE of us knows which Manning is going to take the field for the Donks this year.

It could be the Manning we've seen playing for the Colts in years gone by....or it could be an old, broken, scared quarterback....or anything in between. Just the truth.

IMO one thing is sure....Manning is the only thing that might prevent us from winning the AFC West.

nigeriannightmare
07-30-2012, 11:26 PM
When he plays the Chiefs hes a "horrible" qb? Like the 2003 playoff game when they didn't even punt? And btw, you have your facts screwed up, the majority of those stats are against Romeo was when he was with the super bowl Patriots, not the Kansas City Chiefs.

Both crennel and Manning are on completely different teams now, Peyton is on a team with a running game, so the situations now are nothing alike (BTW, dont ever, EVER compare someone with a super bowl win, 4x mvp and is considered one of the greatest of all time to some scrub who has done nothing and is trying to keep his job)

My whole point with Blair White was that Peyton could play with scrubs and make them look good. Blair White never caught a pass before 2010, and will never catch a pass in the future, yet as a 4th-5th WR he comes in and has 5 td catches in 13 games, which is actually pretty good.

What does it matter where romeo was. He knows how to beat peyton. Your a stat numbers guy when it comes to cassel. Hes 3 and 6 against a romeobdefense. There is no debate to that 3 wins and 6 losses. U take peyton and give me romeo.

nigeriannightmare
07-30-2012, 11:28 PM
I would say this defense is as good as any of romeos in new england we finished outside the top ten without berry and an anemic offense..

tornadospotter
07-30-2012, 11:43 PM
Peyton has at least two games to fear! Both of them have a Tamba, that will be coming at him!

matthewschiefs
07-31-2012, 12:39 AM
Haha you would rather have Peyton than Romeo? How did Romeo do in Cleveland?

I have a problem with Cassel, this is true. I am a realist, who combines observation and stats to make a decision, 3-13 against playoff teams, 3-16 when we throw more than we run, he has a career qb rating of 76 with the chiefs, 21-25 as a starter. He hits the flats more than any qb I have ever seen in my entire life, and that is with a good los. His completion and attempts beyond 20 yards is absolutely horrendous, and that is something you desperately need, especially come playoff time and you run into tough run defenses who can tackle like Baltimore.

Do stats show everything sometimes? No, but they do give you a pretty good idea of what is going. And when you combine actually seeing the particular player, assume your own thoughts and then look at the stats, there is no denying the evaluation, his stats speak for his play.

Not well but Who has in cleveland in any sport

GO back an look at when Romeo's ds have gone against Peyton they have faired better then most over the years.

tornadospotter
07-31-2012, 01:30 AM
The donks always seem to come up with RB that produce a problem. To beat the donks, we always need to score more than they do, then we win! It is simple! You all worry to much, the season has not even started, we will win, or lose. If we win all the games at Arrowhead, we will be in a better chance than if we do not. Just get positive, and believe in our team, as it is! Much like Canada, I can not like negative fans. Yes I do not know if Cassel is who should be our QB, I have my issues on his play, but, he is a Chief! So I will always cheer for him, and hope he can be what we need to win, if he is the starter at season start.

chiefnut
07-31-2012, 10:06 AM
no matter how much anyone disagrees with anyone else the posts should always be devoid of personal attacks no matter how heated they get. IMHO. we are all CHIEFS fans inside after all, joining us into the best fraternity ever......CHIEFS NATION!!!!

OPLookn
07-31-2012, 11:26 AM
When he plays the Chiefs hes a "horrible" qb? Like the 2003 playoff game when they didn't even punt? And btw, you have your facts screwed up, the majority of those stats are against Romeo was when he was with the super bowl Patriots, not the Kansas City Chiefs.

Both crennel and Manning are on completely different teams now, Peyton is on a team with a running game, so the situations now are nothing alike (BTW, dont ever, EVER compare someone with a super bowl win, 4x mvp and is considered one of the greatest of all time to some scrub who has done nothing and is trying to keep his job)

My whole point with Blair White was that Peyton could play with scrubs and make them look good. Blair White never caught a pass before 2010, and will never catch a pass in the future, yet as a 4th-5th WR he comes in and has 5 td catches in 13 games, which is actually pretty good.

And we're back to the stats don't favor your opinion so they don't count. As nightmare pointed out who cares where romeo coached before, I suppose we should only go based off the last game then? Fact is Romeo has on a consistent basis thrown Manning off his game. Period!

The reason he made Blair White look "good" is because he didn't have anyone else to throw to at the time. Look any NFL receiver should be able to catch a ball but again...bottom line, he's not a house hold name, never was, never will be and you MADE that up.

OPLookn
07-31-2012, 11:33 AM
I am all for rooting for our chiefs, but my god. If anyone has a different opinion on here from the consensus on Chiefs Crowd you get absolutely torn to shreds. When i came on here and posted why Orton should be the starter, Canada and some others acted like I had just made fun of their mom.

This is a Chiefs board fellas, lighten up. It's for conversation. I respect everyone's opinion on this board, even the ones that don't agree with me (Which is pretty much everyone except for my man dbolan) There are going to be some things I will be right and wrong about this season, but the schedule is in our favor and do I think we can make the playoffs? Yes. With denver's brutal schedule I think it's possible, just need to wait and see, but everyone lighten up! Good Lord

Agreed we're all Chiefs fans and I know Matt and I seem to go back and forth with you religiously. I can't wait for the 2012 season to see how all this talent plays together. I've got to say that this season "feels" different to me. I know we've got talent, people coming back, acquired some good free agents and got some draft talent this year. But for what ever reason it is I've got a feeling.

MMO the reason I disagree with you so much is because you like using stats to pad your opinion but when the inconsistencies are pointed out you ignore them. Things like how a loss is blamed on Cassel but in the last 2 minutes of the game the Defense gives up the winning TD or FG. There are some things that one individual person can't control no matter how much you want to blame it on them. I appreciate your differing opinion because if we all thought the same life would be very boring.

:chiefs:

nigeriannightmare
07-31-2012, 03:20 PM
Haha you would rather have Peyton than Romeo? How did Romeo do in Cleveland?

I have a problem with Cassel, this is true. I am a realist, who combines observation and stats to make a decision, 3-13 against playoff teaums, 3-16 when we throw more than we run, he has a career qb rating of 76 with the chiefs, 21-25 as a starter. He hits the flats more than any qb I have ever seen in my entire life, and that is with a good los. His completion and attempts beyond 20 yards is absolutely horrendous, and that is something you desperately need, especially come playoff time and you run into tough run defenses who can tackle like Baltimore.

Do stats show everything sometimes? No, but they do give you a pretty good idea of what is going. And when you combine actually seeing the particular player, assume your own thoughts and then look at the stats, there is no denying the evaluation, his stats speak for his play.

There you going again wanting someone who wouldnt even visit us during his tour. As far as im concerned oeyton can f hinself and i hope we make him look like a joke.

matthewschiefs
07-31-2012, 06:09 PM
My whole point is when we lose Cassel usually has absolutely awful numbers against those good teams. when he goes 10-30 123 yards and 2 int you have to believe that he is one of the MAJOR reasons we lost the game. My opinion reflects what I have seen, the stats just back it up.

And most definitely, I enjoy conversing with you and Matt, it keeps the board fresh, without different opinions we would have nothing to talk about.

We all get that and understand that. But the whole point that you're missing is that a large amount of time that Cassel has been in KC he has not had a good team around him. He took over after a 2 win season. Most the time to beat a good team you have to be a good team and the Chiefs were not for a good amount of Cassel's time in KC. Not one person on here has said Matt Cassel is a great QB. We are just saying look at the WHOLE picture there is more then just stats that you have brought up over and over again. Just looking at stats is not a fair way to judge.

I will hand it to you My man you stick to your opinion and I can tell you feel strongly about Cassel. But all this besides the fact lets forget what has happened the last few years. THIS IS THE YEAR. There is talent. There is depth. There are no more breaks for Cassel. It's on him. It's put up or shut up time for him. Lets all stop fighting about what has happened and talk about what happens this year. That's what matters now. 10 days till preseason game 1. Let the past rest in the past.

nigeriannightmare
07-31-2012, 07:12 PM
Couldnt agree more.

Nigerian would you relax man.

Nope i have had a deep dislike for peyton since the 2007 playoff game in indy. We should have won, ty law had two picks one to the 5 yard line,, and that damn bob samders.

The city if indy kinda sucks we were treated poorly, they do have an awesome steak house tho.

And ill relax the day you learn to debate properly.

ctchiefsfan
07-31-2012, 09:03 PM
There are no more breaks for Cassel. It's on him. It's put up or shut up time for him.

THERE IT IS!!!!! If Cassel does not produce this year, then we need to be schemeing how to get the first round pick in the draft. Cassel has to prove that 2010 wasn't a fluke.

Lets all stop fighting about what has happened and talk about what happens this year. That's what matters now. 10 days till preseason game 1. Let the past rest in the past.

DEAD ON AGAIN!!!

jap1
07-31-2012, 10:51 PM
THERE IT IS!!!!! If Cassel does not produce this year, then we need to be schemeing how to get the first round pick in the draft. Cassel has to prove that 2010 wasn't a fluke.

DEAD ON AGAIN!!!

I think this is how 90% of the Chiefscrowd.com members feel, especially at this point in the season. It will be interesting to see how things play out. I cant wait for the preseason games to start so I can watch the Chiefs play ... although I am not amped about forking out 200 bucks to DirectTv to make it happen!

ctchiefsfan
07-31-2012, 11:15 PM
I think this is how 90% of the Chiefscrowd.com members feel, especially at this point in the season. It will be interesting to see how things play out. I cant wait for the preseason games to start so I can watch the Chiefs play ... although I am not amped about forking out 200 bucks to DirectTv to make it happen!

I think it is really the only reasonable position to take. For better or worse, Cassel is our starting QB right now and we should support him the way we do ALL Chiefs.....which is why we are the best fanbase in the country.

That said, I think Cassel can Git-R-Done but I expect him to prove (as I think most Chiefs fans do) that he deserves the support he has gotten these last few years.

I think we have a serious playoff caliber team and unless we get murdered by injuries again (ACL problems have a habit of being hard to return from....just ask the Giants) then IMO anything short of a playoff appearance and at least a competitive playoff game means that Cassel has to go.

He has had his chances and is due a "pass" for last year's performance due to the injuries but it is "put up or shut up" time for Cassel as far as I am concerned.

chiefnut
08-01-2012, 08:58 AM
i think you guys should reserve an "I TOLD YOU SO !!!" post to use after the first game of the season. of course only one of you will be able to use it!!! LOL

ctchiefsfan
08-01-2012, 10:31 AM
i think you guys should reserve an "I TOLD YOU SO !!!" post to use after the first game of the season. of course only one of you will be able to use it!!! LOL

Using such a post after the first game would be dramatically premature. Even halfway through the season might be premature.

chiefnut
08-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Using such a post after the first game would be dramatically premature. Even halfway through the season might be premature.

I agree, but judging by the intensity of the posts i don't think either would be able to wait past the first game:lol:

ctchiefsfan
08-01-2012, 11:12 AM
I agree, but judging by the intensity of the posts i don't think either would be able to wait past the first game:lol:

Certainly MMO will announce that Cassel is junk if the first game is anything less than a 42-0 blowout and Cassel's stats are anything less than 25-25 with 6 touchdowns and no interceptions. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t119/2fewdaysafield/avatars/harhar.gif

chiefnut
08-01-2012, 11:55 AM
all i have to say to cassel is "just win baby", unfortunately i had to quote al davis

Chiefster
08-01-2012, 02:37 PM
I love this thread! :lol:

Chiefster
08-03-2012, 02:53 AM
All he needs to do (and it is a big task) is show he can play well against good teams, because he hasn't shown it in the past. How do we ever expect to get anywhere if we have a qb who gives us 115 yds, 0 td and 2 int against Baltimore type teams? He needs to play well, if he fails and plays miserably it doesn't matter how much talent we have on offense or defense. This team won't be going anywhere without good play from the qb.

The same can be said of all our players; it's a team a sport. When we had "Mighty Joe" he looked "average" and "human" when we got sub par performance from the OL...not comparing the two just supporting my point of view. The defense bailed Joe out on more than one occasion.

...Just my two cents.

chief31
08-03-2012, 05:25 AM
He's nearly 40 now has had not 1 not 2 not 3 but 4 neck surgeries he's not going to be the same player he once was. And he doesn't have a WR like Reggie Wayne,Marvion Harrisison to throw to. We just don't know what Peyton we are going to see. I don't think there going to be a 2 win team. But wouldn't be surprised at all to see them around the 8 win mark.

We don't know what Peyton Manning we will see.... But have we ever seen a bad Peyton Manning?

It would be wise to expect a very good Peyton Manning.

I am not so sure that there is any other kind.

matthewschiefs
08-03-2012, 03:22 PM
We don't know what Peyton Manning we will see.... But have we ever seen a bad Peyton Manning?

It would be wise to expect a very good Peyton Manning.

I am not so sure that there is any other kind.

I'm not saying that Peyton is going to be bad. I'm saying that it's no sure thing that A. He will be able to hold up all season after 4 neck surgeries and getting close to 40 years old. B. For that same reason he will be at the same level that he was when he was when we last saw him on the field.

matthewschiefs
08-03-2012, 03:24 PM
The same can be said of all our players; it's a team a sport. When we had "Mighty Joe" he looked "average" and "human" when we got sub par performance from the OL...not comparing the two just supporting my point of view. The defense bailed Joe out on more than one occasion.

...Just my two cents.

You mean there could be more to it then just the Qb is bad. Other players have to do there job to? Such great wisdom

chief31
08-03-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm not saying that Peyton is going to be bad. I'm saying that it's no sure thing that A. He will be able to hold up all season after 4 neck surgeries and getting close to 40 years old. B. For that same reason he will be at the same level that he was when he was when we last saw him on the field.

Oh... I'm with you. I expect him to struggle, especially early in the season.

But, on the whole, I refuse to be suckered into doubting the guy, because he has burned me EVERY time I have done it in the past.

So, for me, I will not be surprised if he kicks a**. I will only be pleasantly surprised if he is mortal.

Chiefster
08-04-2012, 01:46 AM
You mean there could be more to it then just the Qb is bad. Other players have to do there job to? Such great wisdom

...I know, right? :D

drstandley31
08-05-2012, 04:43 PM
I like our situation so much more than Denver's. They've given away so much in the past 5 years that it will take a long time to overcome that!

TopekaRoy
08-10-2012, 07:47 PM
I watched Peyton play last night in the Broncos/Bears game. He moved the ball down field fairly easily, but the Bears didn't play Julius Peppers (who usually commands a double team on the line), or Brian Urlacher (who covers the whole field) because of a very wet field and the Bears not wanting to take a chance on either of them getting hurt. He was 4-7 for 44 yds. He threw one pass about 17 yds but all the others were in the 5-10 yd range, so I couldn't see how strong his arm is. The accuracy was there, for the most part, but his passes didn't look like they had much zip on them. on the couple of occasions where he was pressured, he got rid of the ball quickly and avoided getting hit. In the red zone, he threw a pass down the middle of the field (a little high) which bounced off of the receiver's hands and was intercepted by Major Wright in the end zone.

He looked decent, but not spectacular. Of course it was the first preseason game and both the offense and the defense he was playing against were very vanilla so I don't think you can really glean much from that.

azchiefsfan
08-11-2012, 11:16 AM
4-12. That isnt even mediocre. That isn't even average. That's not even below average. That is terrible, that is a top 3 pick.

He has consistently asked you if the FACTS support your argument and all you can do is keep throwing up a damn season record. You know what? Your man Orton has gone to the *****boys. Shouldn't you, already?

Yoda
08-12-2012, 12:08 PM
just because i just noticed it and to change subjects for a bit, looking at the bronco sched its possible they end up 2-14 instead of 14-2.
steelers-loss
falcons -loss
texans- loss
raiders - win
chargers-loss
saints -loss
bengals - loss ?
panthers -loss?
chargers - loss?
CHIEFS - loss
ravens - loss
CHIEFS -loss
raiders - loss?
browns - win

not actualy predicting it, but i could see it hapening if things don't go right in those [?] games.
so much for the donx being the favorite to win the division, heyna or no???:chiefs:

No unbiased predictions there....SMH.....especially when you have KC as two automatic losses.....SMH. If Manning can stay healthy he will elevate the Donkey's performance. One concern Den fans should have is their very soft OL.I have seen the Raiders man handle last season...for that matter, any large physical DL. Last year the OL benefitted from Tebow's scrambling(as opposed when Orton was QB)....but Manning had that quick release. Problem is, will the OL's performance throw off Manning's timming and make him throw the ball too early. But makes no "bones" about it, Den will be tougher to beat with Peyton.

slc chief
08-12-2012, 12:33 PM
No unbiased predictions there....SMH.....especially when you have KC as two automatic losses.....SMH. If Manning can stay healthy he will elevate the Donkey's performance. One concern Den fans should have is their very soft OL.I have seen the Raiders man handle last season...for that matter, any large physical DL. Last year the OL benefitted from Tebow's scrambling(as opposed when Orton was QB)....but Manning had that quick release. Problem is, will the OL's performance throw off Manning's timming and make him throw the ball too early. But makes no "bones" about it, Den will be tougher to beat with Peyton.

yup denver will be a tougher team to beat. i think there weakness is going to be there run defense once again. and in a division with the chiefs rb's and mcfadden . they will not have an easy road to the playoffs like many are predicting. i personally love how the chiefs matchup against the donkeys

Yoda
08-12-2012, 03:07 PM
The AFC west...is inching closer to the wild west days and being one of the toughest divisions in football. No one team is a lock to win....but don't tell Den fans.....they are myopic at the moment with their Manning-gasims.