View Full Version : Huard To Start Sunday

Chiefster
10-10-2007, 11:36 PM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Damon Huard's injured shoulder held up
fine in practice Wednesday and he will be Kansas City's starting
quarterback Sunday against Cincinnati.

Huard was hurt in the fourth quarter of last week's game against
Jacksonville and there had been reports he would be benched this
week in favor of second-year man Brodie Croyle.

"Right now, unless he has a setback, he's going to play," said
coach Herm Edwards, who on Monday and Tuesday said he could not be
sure of Huard's status. "And that's good for us."

While there apparently will not be a change at quarterback,
there will be some young players who get playing time when the
Chiefs (2-3) and their feeble offense host the Bengals, Edwards
said.

Asked to identify the new players, Edwards would only mention
fullback Boomer Grigsby.

"Watch the game and you'll see," he said. "There are four or
five guys who need to go play. It's time. We need to start playing
them. So that's what's going to happen."

Huard, 34, looked to be throwing with a free and easy motion
during the early part of practice that reporters are allowed to
attend. Edwards said he had some good passes and "some not so
good."

"But even when he's OK, there are some good and some not so
good," the coach said with a grin. "I don't know where he's at
after practice. Tomorrow if his arm's sore, then I'll know more.
But right now, he felt OK in practice."

Croyle, 24, has been designated as Kansas City's quarterback of
the future and looked good in brief mop-up duty. His 13-yard
touchdown pass on the final play from scrimmage in Sunday's 17-7
loss to Jacksonville enabled the Chiefs to avoid their first home
shutout in 13 years.

"I haven't been told anything," Croyle said before Edwards met
with reporters. "I'm sure you guys will know something before I
do."

Huard, who speaks with the media only on Thursdays, did say in
passing that his shoulder felt much better. He seemed unable to
raise his arm after the game Sunday, and the rapid recovery was
apparently not what Edwards expected.

"I was surprised," Edwards said. "Obviously, after the game,
you look at the guy and you think, `Wow.' But he's OK. We didn't
cut back on him throwing certain routes. He threw everything we
wanted him to throw."

At least some of the changes Edwards has in mind could
presumably be on an offense that is averaging only 65 yards rushing
and 12.6 points. Wide receiver Bobby Sippio may be one who gets his
first start.

Grigsby, a fan favorite even though he has played only on
special teams, will be used as a blocking back to help get Larry
Johnson going. A two-time Pro Bowler who rushed for more than 3,400
yards the past two seasons, Johnson ranks 22nd this week in the NFL
and is averaging a paltry 3.3 yards per carry. He has suffered from
poor blocking by an offensive line that is being physically
dominated on many plays.

"On Sunday (Grigsby) will make his grand appearance," Edwards
said. "We need to get him in the game. We need to get him more
involved than in just special teams. We need to let him do some
things out of the backfield."

Grigsby will rotate with Kris Wilson, who has been used mostly
as a receiver instead of a blocker.

His development at fullback was hampered by a pulled abdominal
muscle that kept him out of two preseason games.

"It was just a sissy injury," he said. "I hope I can go in
there and get the job done. But at the same time, once (Johnson)
gets rolling, he's going to get rolling. It's not going to be
because I'm playing fullback that all of a sudden Larry Johnson is
what he used to be."

http://www.koamtv.com/sports.html

hermhater
10-11-2007, 12:00 AM
Well I told ya so.

Maybe next year?

Good to see Boomer is ready to come in on offense.

Also bet we see Sippio!

Chiefster
10-11-2007, 12:02 AM
Well I told ya so.

Maybe next year?

Good to see Boomer is ready to come in on offense.

Also bet we see Sippio!

Yup!

Sippio has been contributing on Special Teams.

m0ef0e
10-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Sippio and Bowe are going to be a great tandem with Gonzo. If Huard doesn't start getting TD's and some 300-yard games with those guys to throw to, we need to try Brodie. I like Huard because he makes good decisions, but you also have to be able to create and capitalize-on opportunites. Especially when you have receivers and a TE like these..

sling58
10-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Sippio and Bowe are going to be a great tandem with Gonzo. If Huard doesn't start getting TD's and some 300-yard games with those guys to throw to, we need to try Brodie. I like Huard because he makes good decisions, but you also have to be able to create and capitalize-on opportunites. Especially when you have receivers and a TE like these..

True Huard doesn't take the INT but if he doesn't get the guys the ball then he isn't helping us either.

Chiefster
10-11-2007, 05:42 PM

Agreed, but you still have to account for the play of our "O" line when assessing the QB performance; whomever it is.

rbedgood
10-11-2007, 05:48 PM
This week's predictions

Huard 17-23 for 225 yards and 2 TDs
LJ 27 carries for 185 yards and 2 TDs 8 receptions for 75 yards
Bowe 10 receptions for 125 yards 1 TD
TG 5 receptions for 42 yards 1 TD
Sippio 2 receptions for 19 yards (both for 3rd down conversions)
Parker 4 drops
Rayner 3/3 FGs 4/4 PATS

Colquitt less than 5 punts for once!!!!

Pro_Angler
10-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Hurray...

hermhater
10-11-2007, 09:12 PM
This week's predictions

Parker 4 drops
Rayner 3/3 FGs 4/4 PATS

I hear he used stickum last week, that's why he didn't drop all his passes!

chief31
10-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Agreed, but you still have to account for the play of our "O" line when assessing the QB performance; whomever it is.

Also, the fact that with such young, inexperienced WRs, miscommunication can play bigger role. I sure hope things work out this week.

m0ef0e
10-11-2007, 10:17 PM
This week's predictions

Parker 4 drops
Rayner 3/3 FGs 4/4 PATS

I can roll with that. Defense or special teams get a score, though. Maybe both. Drummond... you SOB you better get over your fear of catching a punt...

m0ebr0
10-11-2007, 10:55 PM

Line and run game has to break out for Huard to break out. He does the best he can with the line we have. More mistakes will come since he is rushed so much.

Guru
10-12-2007, 12:38 AM
I am still depressed by this.

hermhater
10-12-2007, 12:40 AM

Ditto...

sigh...

sling58
10-12-2007, 07:31 AM
I can roll with that. Defense or special teams get a score, though. Maybe both. Drummond... you SOB you better get over your fear of catching a punt...

and running towards the endzone.

rbedgood
10-12-2007, 11:54 AM

and running towards the endzone.

Sling...baby steps. A faircatch would be a leap of monumental proportions at this point.

YouTube - Quiet and Peace ("What about Bob?")

sling58
10-13-2007, 07:35 AM
Sling...baby steps. A faircatch would be a leap of monumental proportions at this point.

YouTube - Quiet and Peace ("What about Bob?") (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ZSyAuNMCM)

True! I would even take 5 yards!

m0ebr0
10-13-2007, 08:51 PM

Get a few yards, fair catch, anything then leting go over your head and get downed at the 5. Oh and dont forget he fumbles.

Chiefster
10-15-2007, 12:19 AM

Ditto...

sigh...

...Hope you're feeling better about it know. :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
10-15-2007, 12:20 AM

:lol: I was thinkin about this poat during the game today!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
10-15-2007, 12:44 AM
Get a few yards, fair catch, anything then leting go over your head and get downed at the 5. Oh and dont forget he fumbles.

He made a tackle on special teams today.

Maybe he is not COMPLETELY worthless?

sling58
10-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Some people might disagree with me on this but I think Huard did an OK job yesterday. He managed the game ok and didn't lose it for us. He's not to much a deep threat now but the short dumpoffs works also.

m0ebr0
10-15-2007, 09:33 AM
Some people might disagree with me on this but I think Huard did an OK job yesterday. He managed the game ok and didn't lose it for us. He's not to much a deep threat now but the short dumpoffs works also.

I think Huard did a great job. He was accurate and made good desicions. He didnt fumble or try to force anything. One of Huards best games of the year thus far.

sling58
10-15-2007, 09:36 AM
I think Huard did a great job. He was accurate and made good desicions. He didnt fumble or try to force anything. One of Huards best games of the year thus far.

I agree. I liked Huards performance and until he proves otherwise then I say we stick with him.

McLovin
10-15-2007, 10:44 AM
I think this was far from a great job, Sling can vouch for me I was griping bout Huard all day long. Part of it may well have been the play calling but he was far too conservative, I dont like stats for this reason, you get rewarded for being conservative, I like a Brett Favre style gunslinger that is willing to make some mistakes. I want someone with an arm that can drop a pass 40 yards to D-Bo while he is running away from a defender,

Open up the game, make the deep passes that make the other team worry bout those and respect your pass so you can run.

With 112 passer rating though, and Hermies thoughts on game control over big play potential Huard isn't going anywhere.

Also again if it weren't for Huard and or the play calling, we would have had another 18 points very minimum, throw in the strip of LJ, (really needs to protect better then that play, although history says he does protect) and we would have beat the kitties by a score of 52 - 17 (they wouldnt have went for that last desperate field goal if they were getting hammered) With Huard in everyone was saying he did ok, and I even saw a great, what would you have been saying if Croyle would have come in and it would have been 45 - 17 (prolly wouldnt have changed LJs fumble lol) alas he is still not being used so we will never know.

I am also aware that if he got in we might not have been in the situations we were in, and the coaches may well have closed the playbook some. We really need to see what the kid can do.

At the end of the day we are in first in the division due to the tiebreaker over the Eggos.

GO CHIEFS

sling58
10-15-2007, 10:51 AM
I think this was far from a great job, Sling can vouch for me I was griping bout Huard all day long. Part of it may well have been the play calling but he was far too conservative, I dont like stats for this reason, you get rewarded for being conservative, I like a Brett Favre style gunslinger that is willing to make some mistakes. I want someone with an arm that can drop a pass 40 yards to D-Bo while he is running away from a defender,

Open up the game, make the deep passes that make the other team worry bout those and respect your pass so you can run.

With 112 passer rating though, and Hermies thoughts on game control over big play potential Huard isn't going anywhere.

Also again if it weren't for Huard and or the play calling, we would have had another 18 points very minimum, throw in the strip of LJ, (really needs to protect better then that play, although history says he does protect) and we would have beat the kitties by a score of 52 - 17 (they wouldnt have went for that last desperate field goal if they were getting hammered) With Huard in everyone was saying he did ok, and I even saw a great, what would you have been saying if Croyle would have come in and it would have been 45 - 17 (prolly wouldnt have changed LJs fumble lol) alas he is still not being used so we will never know.

I am also aware that if he got in we might not have been in the situations we were in, and the coaches may well have closed the playbook some. We really need to see what the kid can do.

At the end of the day we are in first in the division due to the tiebreaker over the Eggos.

GO CHIEFS

Yes I can vouch, we went back and forth a few times on this subject.

Huard does what he is told and the conservative play reflects that.

chief31
10-16-2007, 10:38 AM
I think this was far from a great job, Sling can vouch for me I was griping bout Huard all day long.

I assume that there is nothing that Huard could do to get you off of his back then.

Part of it may well have been the play calling but he was far too conservative, I dont like stats for this reason, you get rewarded for being conservative, I like a Brett Favre style gunslinger that is willing to make some mistakes. I want someone with an arm that can drop a pass 40 yards to D-Bo while he is running away from a defender,

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Kinda makes sense from all of the other angles.

Also again if it weren't for Huard and or the play calling, we would have had another 18 points very minimum,

What on Earth makes you so confident in Croyle? He was given every opportunity to show something in the preseason and failed. Period. I hate to diss the kid, but you think that starting the turnover machine at quarterback would have resulted in another 18 points for us?

throw in the strip of LJ, (really needs to protect better then that play, although history says he does protect) and we would have beat the kitties by a score of 52 - 17 (they wouldnt have went for that last desperate field goal if they were getting hammered)

Oh, I see. You were kidding. My bad.

With Huard in everyone was saying he did ok, and I even saw a great, what would you have been saying if Croyle would have come in and it would have been 45 - 17 (prolly wouldnt have changed LJs fumble lol) alas he is still not being used so we will never know.

O.K. What would you have said if Croyle had come in and we lost 38-10? I'll tell you what you and all of the other Huard-haters would have said. "Oh, he isn't the quarterback of the future, we need to get someone else."

Thank God that Croyle hasn't been given the opportunity yet. You would have him on the chopping-block by now.

GO CHIEFS

You knew it was coming. When you attack one of the players, after a very good game, you are gonna get some feedback. Happy to be of service. :D

Anyway, have any of you Huard-haters even considered the toughness factor? Not just the ability to keep playing while hurt. But the ability to hold onto the football, when being blind-sided because of some very inconsistent pass protection from his blind side. Huard has done very well in this aspect of playing quarterback.

Along with the poor decisions that result in interceptions, the tipped balls that also result in interceptions and the occaisional great play by a defender, resulting in an interception, consider the number of fumbles that Croyle might commit, while getting blind-sided.

Aside from that, I dislike the whole mentallity of "Let's find out if he is the QBOTF right now", because it suggests that that is a possibility. You (all Huard haters)seem to want to immediately draft a quarterback if he doesn't shine right away.

Take a look at this...

Peyton Manning - Comp. Pct. 56.7, TD/Int. 26/28, QB Rating 71.2, W/L PCT. 3-13.

Donovan Mcnabb - Comp. Pct. 49.1, TD/Int. 8/7, QB Rating, 60.1, W/L Pct. 5-11.

Matt Leinart - Comp. Pct. 56.8, TD/Int. 13/16, QB Rating 74.0, W/L Pct. 5-11.

Brett Favre - Comp. Pct. 60.0, TD/Int. 19/24, QB Rating 72.2, W/L Pct. 4-12. (second season)

Troy Aikman - Comp. Pct. 52.9, TD/Int. 9/18, QB Rating 55.7 W/L Pct. 1-15.

If everyone wants to make immediate judgements about Croyle, then I am absolutly thrilled that he is getting a second year of sidline experience.

The last thing I want is for Croyle to start, so everyone can pick him apart, and start screaming for a first-round quarterback.

Bryon, I hope you don't get too upset by this. I just like to share my opinion. And, in this case, it is vastly different than yours.

McLovin
10-16-2007, 02:10 PM
You knew it was coming. When you attack one of the players, after a very good game, you are gonna get some feedback. Happy to be of service. :D

Anyway, have any of you Huard-haters even considered the toughness factor? Not just the ability to keep playing while hurt. But the ability to hold onto the football, when being blind-sided because of some very inconsistent pass protection from his blind side. Huard has done very well in this aspect of playing quarterback.

Along with the poor decisions that result in interceptions, the tipped balls that also result in interceptions and the occaisional great play by a defender, resulting in an interception, consider the number of fumbles that Croyle might commit, while getting blind-sided.

Aside from that, I dislike the whole mentallity of "Let's find out if he is the QBOTF right now", because it suggests that that is a possibility. You (all Huard haters)seem to want to immediately draft a quarterback if he doesn't shine right away.

Take a look at this...

Peyton Manning - Comp. Pct. 56.7, TD/Int. 26/28, QB Rating 71.2, W/L PCT. 3-13.

Donovan Mcnabb - Comp. Pct. 49.1, TD/Int. 8/7, QB Rating, 60.1, W/L Pct. 5-11.

Matt Leinart - Comp. Pct. 56.8, TD/Int. 13/16, QB Rating 74.0, W/L Pct. 5-11.

Brett Favre - Comp. Pct. 60.0, TD/Int. 19/24, QB Rating 72.2, W/L Pct. 4-12. (second season)

Troy Aikman - Comp. Pct. 52.9, TD/Int. 9/18, QB Rating 55.7 W/L Pct. 1-15.

If everyone wants to make immediate judgements about Croyle, then I am absolutly thrilled that he is getting a second year of sidline experience.

The last thing I want is for Croyle to start, so everyone can pick him apart, and start screaming for a first-round quarterback.

Bryon, I hope you don't get too upset by this. I just like to share my opinion. And, in this case, it is vastly different than yours.

First not mad at all, I like to hear opposing opinions.

Second I think a lot of Huard, I am far from a Huard Hater, I just know he is not the future, and I feel he isnt the talent that Croyle is.

If and when they start Huard, I plan on having patience, I don't believe everyone does. I know he will take some knocks and I know that he will have bad games, part of the reason I am wanting him in now is so he can begin his progression. Also we could take 10 games to see how he looks this year. In 10 games we could find out is he was an absolute bust, we could also find out if he is average, and needs more time to develop. My thing is I firmly believe that practice and preseason, and holding a clipboard do not make a QB better, I feel that getting him quality game time, even at the thought of losing some or even a large number of games while that happens, I feel that game time is the only way to develop a quarterback, you have to take some risks to achieve greatness.

Another thing, I feel as if right now is a great time to get Croyle in because if he falters, and really needs to come out for a while we have Huard as a backup, and I feel that he can learn a lot from Huard. I do feel however he could have possibly learned more from Trent Green.

While I believe we can get to the playoffs with this team, I do not believe we can beat the Colts, and or the Pats, and or the Jaguars (saw how well that went the first time, and or the Steelers, I do feel that any given week we can beat any of those teams, I just do not feel that this team right now has the ability to go through those teams to make it to the SuperBowl.

Again I am far from a Huard Hater, I like him and loved what he did last year when Green went down. At the beginning of last year I did not know how bad Herm was going to dismantle the offense (and with some respect that losing a few would make such a difference.)

I don't want Huard pulled to take away from what he has done, I want Huard pulled to give the kid a chance to see what he can do or what he cant do. I firmly believe we are within a year or two of a Super Bowl if we play our cards right, but playing cards is gambling and I dont feel Herm is a gambler, I want to take a gamble.

Maybe a thought would be to go with a 2 QB system like they tried in Arizona, Keep Huard the starter, Bring in Croyle early in the second half, pull him if he is having a bad day (give him incentive to play good) gives the opposing team 2 qbs to prepare for. But in doing that I also dont feel you can hold what Croyle does against him. Not this year at least.

I am full willing to be patient, but my idea of patience is going with the younger guy, let him get in enough time to fully prove if he belongs on this team and is the QBOTF. If that is 2 or 3 years so be it.

I am fully willing to debate this with anyone who would like, as long as I have the time. I am emotional on this but know this I don't hate ANYONE on the team at this point. There are a few I would like to see traded for better options or for draft picks.

I feel that Bennett was a good runner and a good person, but I am kinda happy to see him go, I am anxiously awaiting to see what Priest can do, Not because I dislike LJ, cause I love me some LJ, but to see what he can add to the team. I don't think Huard is horrible, He is a much better option then a lot of QBs in the league (Harrington) I just want to see what Croyle can do (while he still has Huard to catch him if he falls), I think given the chance he can be another star and I love his upside( strong arm, gunslinger, and can scramble).

At some point my goal is others to understand my view, not to buy into it, just understand it. I am very emotional about the Chiefs because I love them, and this would be a very boring board if everyone agreed with me. Also I love to learn and if everyone agreed with me and didn't add opposing opinions I would never have a chance to learn and see other viewpoints.

Coming onto this board I though LJ could do no wrong, I have seen some of his attitude problems due to this being pointed out on this board, I still think he is a stud and would be devastated if we let him get away like we did Neal Smith and Donnie Edwards. I would be giddy if Priest came in and brought back the LJ that loved to play ball, not for the money but because he was part of a team that loved him.

hermhater
10-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Excellent opinions by all on this thread!

Can someone nominate 2 posts of the month if they differ in opinion, mods?

chief31
10-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Second I think a lot of Huard, I am far from a Huard Hater, I just know he is not the future, and I feel he isnt the talent that Croyle is.

By dissing his performance against the Bengals, one would have to believe that your desire to hurry Croyle in has made you entirely biased against Huard.

My thing is I firmly believe that practice and preseason, and holding a clipboard do not make a QB better, I feel that getting him quality game time, even at the thought of losing some or even a large number of games while that happens, I feel that game time is the only way to develop a quarterback, you have to take some risks to achieve greatness.

The clipboard scenario has been seen repeatedly, in the NFL. It is effective for alot of players. You don't have to believe it, but it has been proven over, and again.

While I believe we can get to the playoffs with this team, I do not believe we can beat the Colts, and or the Pats, and or the Jaguars (saw how well that went the first time, and or the Steelers, I do feel that any given week we can beat any of those teams, I just do not feel that this team right now has the ability to go through those teams to make it to the SuperBowl.

I doubt that Steeler fans believed that they were going to go into Denver, then into Indianapolis ang get themselves a Super Bowl ring, just two years ago. But they did. Is it a long-shot? Of course it is. But it is a shot.

I just don't think that it is wise to accept losses, for the sake of getting a higher draft position. It can become very contagious, just like winning. Play to win, so the players learn and know how to. Huard gives us the best chance to win.

Maybe a thought would be to go with a 2 QB system like they tried in Arizona, Keep Huard the starter, Bring in Croyle early in the second half, pull him if he is having a bad day (give him incentive to play good) gives the opposing team 2 qbs to prepare for. But in doing that I also dont feel you can hold what Croyle does against him. Not this year at least.

Not a horrible idea, but I would want to try earlier situations, for Croyle. The Chiefs have shown the ability to come from behind, but could use some kind of boost in the earlier going. I would doubt that we will see this though.

At some point my goal is others to understand my view, not to buy into it, just understand it. I am very emotional about the Chiefs because I love them, and this would be a very boring board if everyone agreed with me. Also I love to learn and if everyone agreed with me and didn't add opposing opinions I would never have a chance to learn and see other viewpoints.

I definitely understand where you are coming from. But I do believe that holding a clipboard can be a better teacher, for a quarterback, than being thrown into a "frenzy" and asked to remember all of the little things that a quarterback is asked to remember, read NFL defenses and don't panic. Along with a slew of other little things that a quarterback is supposed to do.

And I would hate to see him get hammered by the pass-rush that we rarely stop, or get booed out of town, by impatient fans.

hermhater
10-16-2007, 03:26 PM
I definitely understand where you are coming from. But I do believe that holding a clipboard can be a better teacher, for a quarterback, than being thrown into a "frenzy" and asked to remember all of the little things that a quarterback is asked to remember, read NFL defenses and don't panic. Along with a slew of other little things that a quarterback is supposed to do.

And I would hate to see him get hammered by the pass-rush that we rarely stop, or get booed out of town, by impatient fans.

Unfortunately some of our passionate fan base is just that. Passionate.

The Chiefs fan has rarely been described as the most intelligent in the league.

That said, I am not one of those that boos my team.

I will rant about bad performances, or bad management, but I NEVER boo the players!

That is the equivalent of abusing your child to me.

They need our support, and we need theirs.

I am probably more patient than most fans with players performance, and I don't mind waiting to let a kid develop.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

Chiefster
10-16-2007, 03:31 PM

I will rant about bad performances, or bad management, but I NEVER boo the players!

I am probably more patient than most fans with players performance, and I don't mind waiting to let a kid develop.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

On the contrary; I have heard that the fans which fill the stadium are well educated in home field decorum.

I'm not sure what your experience with child abuse is, but I must say that your analogy is a bit over the top, more resembling apples and oranges. IMO

chief31
10-16-2007, 03:33 PM

GO CHIEFS!!!!

Does that mean that if I go digging, I'm not going to find any posts from you suggesting which quarterback we could draft in this up-coming off-season?

hermhater
10-16-2007, 03:35 PM
On the contrary; I have heard that the fans which fill the stadium are well educated in home field decorum.

I'm not sure what your experience with child abuse is, but I must say that your analogy is a bit over the top, more resembling apples and oranges. IMO

The Chiefs fan is generally very knowledgeable in Arrowhead protocol. Agreed there.

Their emotions often get the best of them and boos can be heard at the least opportune times.

When a team is struggling the 12th man can (and ususally does at Arrowhead) make a difference.

When I stated the "abusing your child" comment, I was referring to slapping a kid because he makes a mistake, rather than explaining what he/she did wrong, and giving a loving response that will help them improve themselves.

Sorry about the lack of distinction.

Thank you for your understanding.

hermhater
10-16-2007, 03:38 PM
Does that mean that if I go digging, I'm not going to find any posts from you suggesting which quarterback we could draft in this up-coming off-season?

I have often stated that I would like to see Broyle start so that "I" can evaluate his performance.

I do not trust HERM's judgment.

I don't remember ever talking about draft picks.

Could be wrong though.

I am not on the Broyle bandwagon at this point.

Mainly because of you guy! You have pointed out many things that I previously was unaware of, or just plain didn't understand about the game of football.

There are alot of variables to consider and I respect the opinion you guys here on the site.

A lot better commentary on the Chiefs than the so called "experts" in the media!

Chiefster
10-16-2007, 03:41 PM
The Chiefs fan is generally very knowledgeable in Arrowhead protocol. Agreed there.

Their emotions often get the best of them and boos can be heard at the least opportune times.

When a team is struggling the 12th man can (and ususally does at Arrowhead) make a difference.

When I stated the "abusing your child" comment, I was referring to slapping a kid because he makes a mistake, rather than explaining what he/she did wrong, and giving a loving response that will help them improve themselves.

Sorry about the lack of distinction.

Thank you for your understanding.

Ahhh, I see. I can see that analogy as perhaps it contains to the rookies, but vets have no excuse for bad play or "rookie mistakes".

hermhater
10-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Ahhh, I see. I can see that analogy as perhaps it contains to the rookies, but vets have no excuse for bad play or "rookie mistakes".

I still won't boo them.

Even for a professional that can be devastating.

Chiefster
10-16-2007, 04:01 PM
I still won't boo them.

Even for a professional that can be devastating.

You're a good and compassionate Chiefs fan. :D