PDA

View Full Version : berry is a freaking beast

slc chief
08-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Unleash Hell - The 2010 Eric Berry Highlight Film - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6RqE6wPazk&feature=related)

the guy is going to explode this year just watch

slc chief
08-08-2012, 10:09 PM
St. Joseph, Mo. – Eric Berryhttp://www.kcchiefs.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/roster/eric-berry/d1d2889d-9b55-4003-9677-19242d762855/) wanted to get the most from Tuesday’s joint practice with the Cardinals, so he sought out Arizona’s best player.

It didn’t matter if Berry had to line up as an outside defender and play like a cornerback. He couldn’t pass on the challenge of manning up against Larry Fitzgerald during one-on-one drills with Cardinals wide receivers.

“I just went out there and I figured I’d get a taste,” said Berry. “He’s one of the best at what he does. Me, I thrive off competition and love a challenge. Shoot, why not go out there? He’s one of the best players in the league.”

A sore foot kept Brandon Flowershttp://www.kcchiefs.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/roster/brandon-flowers/02469b8c-6049-4dc6-b4fe-180368f3ef65/) out of practice anyway, so it wasn’t as if Berry had to fend off a number one corner looking for a matchup against a number one receiver. The one-on-one battles were Berry’s for the taking and the third-year safety lined up across from Fitzgerald during each rotation of the 10-minute matchup period.

“Some of our guys wanted to get out there, but I was just like ‘I’ve got to go do it.’ I just had to get out there and matchup with him just to see,” Berry said cracking a smile.

Berry and Fitzgerald competed three times during the one-on-one period.

It was just the two of them on an island. One spotlight. One quarterback. One football. No help.

“I felt like I did good,” Berry said afterward. “I felt like I was playing ball out there.”

Fitzgerald ultimately won two of the three meetings, but each snap was competitive. Berry’s victory came when he stalemated Fitzgerald’s attempt to cross inside on a slant.

Overall, Fitzgerald walked away impressed with the Chiefs young safety. It was the first time the six-time Pro Bowler had squared off against Berry in a competitive environment. Their only other meeting came in the 2011 Pro Bowl.

“I didn’t know he was that athletic,” Fitzgerald said. “It was the first time I’ve gotten to play against him and he’s an impressive specimen. You’ve got a free safety, strong safety, wide receiver, linebacker, cornerback – he can play any position he wants to with that athleticism.

“More so, I’m excited to see that he’s fully recovered from his injury. He’s bounced back and regained his form.”

Berry’s athleticism is what stood out to Fitzgerald and it’s what captured the attention of most fans watching Berry play man-to-man on an island.

There was Berry, lined up out of his element as a cornerback, putting up three solid battles with one of the best receivers in professional football.

“It just depends on what you define as being out of my element,” Berry said. “Anything that you’re asked to do on the football field, you have to be prepared for.

“Nobody is going to say it’s out of my element if it happens on a Sunday and I’m lined up outside in a cornerback position and they bomb a touchdown. They’ll just say that I got bombed for a touchdown, so I’ve got to be prepared for any possibility out there.”

That’s the attitude that makes Berry so valuable to the Chiefs.

And the interceptions.

And the tackles.

And the leadership.

And the athleticism.

brdempsey69
08-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Mitch Holthus at Chiefs.com said that his pass coverage looks much improved over 2010. That's what I want to see from Berry.

Plus, he'll get a chance to play behind the best Defensive front 7 that he's ever had in front of him.

Hopefully, they'll ease him through the preseason, so that he'll be out there for when it counts in the regular season ( anyone remember Percy Snow or Sylvester Morris ? ).

slc chief
08-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Mitch Holthus at Chiefs.com said that his pass coverage looks much improved over 2010. That's what I want to see from Berry.

Plus, he'll get a chance to play behind the best Defensive front 7 that he's ever had in front of him.

Hopefully, they'll ease him through the preseason, so that he'll be out there for when it counts in the regular season ( anyone remember Percy Snow or Sylvester Morris ? ).
unlike percy and sylvester berry has already proven himself. it is not easy to gain as much respect around the league in just one year like berry did. he will be a household name by the end of the year. he is bound and determined.

Yoda
08-11-2012, 05:57 PM
No doubt about Eric Berry. Speaking of BEAST!

Darren McFadden Highlights 2011/2012 Season - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpm7Qtm47bU&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

slc chief
08-11-2012, 06:14 PM
No doubt about Eric Berry. Speaking of BEAST!

Darren McFadden Highlights 2011/2012 Season - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpm7Qtm47bU&feature=youtube_gdata_player)
that was o.k yoda

BUT HERE IS A BETTER BACK

Jamaal Charles Highlights 2010-2011- YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSC-Ukh6MfM)

slc chief
08-11-2012, 06:17 PM
And If You Did Not Notice Most Of The Charles Highlites Are Against More Than One Team/one Game. Aka Mcfadden Against Donkeys. Oh It Also Last Almost Two Minutes Longer Hah

Yoda
08-11-2012, 06:18 PM
that was o.k yoda

BUT HERE IS A BETTER BACK

Jamaal Charles Highlights 2010-2011- YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSC-Ukh6MfM)

Better RB....nope....DMC head and shoulders above JC. Eric B is a beast.

slc chief
08-11-2012, 06:22 PM

UNTILL DMC MAKES IT THROUGH A FULL YEAR AND DOES SOMETHING IN A PLAYOFF GAME CLEARLY CHARLES IS THE BETTER BACK. WE WILL LET THIS YEAR JUDGE ANOTHER ROUND IN THE DEBATE. LETS JUST HOPE BOTH OF THEM STAY HEALTHY

Yoda
08-11-2012, 06:29 PM
That is the knock on DMC....when healthy and on the field....JC is good....but compared to DMC...there is no comparison. DMac is an absolute beast. Btw....before you toss out my Raiders bias....let me say that the "beast" I see on KC are Eric B, D Johnson, and Tamba Hali. These players are heads and shoulders better than any players the Raiders have in the same positions. I am a realist :-)

slc chief
08-11-2012, 06:33 PM
COMPARE THE TWO VIDEOS AGAIN CHARLES IS BY FAR A BETTER BACK,RECEIVER,RETURNER HAH AND DANCER. DMC IS GOOD THOUGH NEEDS ONE MORE CONSISTENT YEAR THOUGH

Yoda
08-11-2012, 06:51 PM
1. You don't have to shout

2. I have seen both videos... JC....if still effective after a devastating knee injury is a top 10 back. DMC is a top 3 back. Look at it this way. According to the NFL players, DMac jumped 30 SPOTS from 90 to 60 even though he only played about half the season. DMac is a very special talent.

slc chief
08-11-2012, 10:02 PM
1. You don't have to shout

2. I have seen both videos... JC....if still effective after a devastating knee injury is a top 10 back. DMC is a top 3 back. Look at it this way. According to the NFL players, DMac jumped 30 SPOTS from 90 to 60 even though he only played about half the season. DMac is a very special talent.

top 3 running back yea right. look up there stats charles averages 6 yards per carry mcfadden averages 5. charles has two seasons over 1,000 yards mcfadden has only one. mcfadden had one break out year thats it. dont be such a homer the stats dont lie charles is a better back. all the info you need is on nfl.com

TopekaRoy
08-11-2012, 10:08 PM

HUH?

Oh, I see you edited the post.

Nevermind! :lol:

JPPT1974
08-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Hope he is back and shows what made him a star in 2010. And is over the 2011 injury.

Yoda
08-11-2012, 10:39 PM
top 3 running back yea right. look up there stats charles averages 6 yards per carry mcfadden averages 5. charles has two seasons over 1,000 yards mcfadden has only one. mcfadden had one break out year thats it. dont be such a homer the stats dont lie charles is a better back. all the info you need is on nfl.com

Not being a homer, read my earlier post about who I believe are "beast" on KC...I even admitted that these players are better than what the Raiders have at the same positions. JC stats are better than DMC for 1 major fact, health. The coaches and players in the NFl even admit that DMC can be an elite player...one of those top two or three at his position. He has MVP of the Leauge type abilities. My concern and rivals hope are his health issues.

Chiefster
08-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Not being a homer, read my earlier post about who I believe are "beast" on KC...I even admitted that these players are better than what the Raiders have at the same positions. JC stats are better than DMC for 1 major fact, health. The coaches and players in the NFl even admit that DMC can be an elite player...one of those top two or three at his position. He has MVP of the Leauge type abilities. My concern and rivals hope are his health issues.

After last year the same can be said about Charles, Berry and Moeaki.

nigeriannightmare
08-12-2012, 02:17 AM
I know this darren wasnt talked about being the first player taken in fantasy drafts jc was.

chief31
08-12-2012, 09:59 AM
DMC performs well on a great running offense, and JC performs better on an offense that brought LJ down to less than 3Ypc, and has scarcely allowed any other back to look remotely respectable.

I like DMC, but the reality is, at this point, JC has shown a lot more than DMC has.

Yoda
08-12-2012, 11:32 AM
I like DMC, but the reality is, at this point, JC has shown a lot more than DMC has.

This is true one very simple fact, health. Plain and simple.

slc chief
08-12-2012, 03:08 PM

and the yards per carry. dmc has to get that up if he wants to be on charles level

Yoda
08-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Let's take off the Oak glasses and the KC glasses. JC is a very productive back....he is a hard working kid. But when both are healthy there is no comparison, of the two DMC at AP level.

slc chief
08-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Let's take off the Oak glasses and the KC glasses. JC is a very productive back....he is a hard working kid. But when both are healthy there is no comparison, of the two DMC at AP level.

ok i will take the k.c glasses off

jamaal charles was a third round pick who had to wait behind l.j to get a shot and has way overperformed being a late round pick.

mcfadden is a top 5 pick who has 1 season over 1,000 yards. he has vastley underperformed he was the day one starter his first year and only put up 600 yards. i will give mcfadden this with his size and speed he could be on ap's level and be one of the best to play if he lived up to the hype and stayed healthy. but he has not so far. and i am sorry but 1 year with over 1,000 yards does not make him elite. and 600 yards is as close as he has become to reaching it again

and they were both healthy in 2010 here are their stats

charles rushed for 1,467

mcfadden rushed for 1.157

thats 310 more for jamaal

it is awesome having a civil rival fan on this site yoda. but you are flat out wrong on this one

mcfadden may have more upside with his size and speed. but i will take proven performance over upside anyday

Yoda
08-12-2012, 07:20 PM
I will admit that JC has proven himself more than DMC...no doubt. DMC health issues has hampered his ability to "prove himself".But, I go back to the NFL top 100 and to be voted by your peers up 30 spots and only playing 7 games speaks volumes. I would say that production wise JC has the leg up....but that mojo....that take the game over ability....DMC has it in spades. It will be interesting to see how if JC can still perform at a high level.....or will KC just use him in spots.

chief31
08-12-2012, 09:22 PM

1. Charles was injured the entire season last year. That excuse fails.

2. Injury, and one's ability to avoid them, is a part of how good a player is. I accept that with JC. Now try accepting it for DMC.

3. How do you even attempt to act like your guy is so superior, and then turn right around and concede that the other guy has done more?

When not injured (rare as that may be), what is the average of how far a DMC carry gets, and what is the average of other Raiders RBs, and what is JC's average compared to all other RBs on the same offense?

While on the field, JC has been the more efficient RB. You can try to spin the injury excuse, but when on the field, your guy is good, but not as good as JC.

Yoda
08-13-2012, 04:34 AM
Looks like we will have to agree to disagree and let the season play itself out.