PDA

View Full Version : What should we look for tonight?

buffman316
08-10-2012, 10:08 AM
I say a good drive by the first team offense.

Brady Quinn and Ricky Stanzy battle.

The defensive line depth...

What do you think we should be looking out for tonight?

OxDeadface
08-10-2012, 10:11 AM
I want to see a QB who looks comfortable in the pocket. I don't care who it is.

brdempsey69
08-10-2012, 11:00 AM
No F@#KIN' injury casualties. Get out of this preseason with all bodies intact.

Will watch the 2012 draftees closely, as well as Jon Baldwin.

OPLookn
08-10-2012, 12:45 PM
No F@#KIN' injury casualties. Get out of this preseason with all bodies intact.

Will watch the 2012 draftees closely, as well as Jon Baldwin.

I'm really excited to see the chemistry between Baldwin and Cassel. Hopefully Baldwin just lights it on fire tonight!

Defense wise, I want to see if Poe's that far behind that they have to hype up someone else or if Toribio really is killing it.

Overall I want to see how the ACL crew is doing and most importantly as you said, no injuries!!!

#58ChiefsFan
08-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Jamaal Charles take a hit and bounce back up

Hillis show the power we have been lacking

Cassel move through progressions

First team defense look stout

Second teams look like legit back ups

A win

slc chief
08-10-2012, 01:45 PM
I want t
o see the new offensive scheme

chiefnut
08-10-2012, 01:52 PM
the offense to look efficient
the defense to stuff the run
watch the rook's to see who looks ready

Lord-Chiefy
08-10-2012, 01:55 PM
We need a win!!!!!!!!! We need wins for the players and fans.!!!!¡ a loss and I'm peeved1!!!!

Seek
08-10-2012, 02:22 PM
One thing I have always looked for in a preseaon game is juding how the team comes out prepared. If they are sloppy, and standing around watching things happen around them instead of playing with some energy. Then the team is not ready and the game it is too fast for them and things snow ball from there.

If they are flying around and just making mistakes due to rust, then we know that they are confident and they have less to work on to prepare for Week one.

Doing tons of motions, and blitzes are false advertisements. I don't care to see the Real Offense.

Winning or losing in pre-season is over rated but how they play on the field matters. If the starters are look like back ups there is problems. If the Starters make Arizona look like Back up and our back ups looks like they can compete as a starter. Then expectations will be increased.

I have not seen a complete pre-season since Vermeil where I felt like our starters were ready for Week one. And they never won a game or won only one once the starters played most of the game.

buffman316
08-10-2012, 03:45 PM
One thing I have always looked for in a preseaon game is juding how the team comes out prepared. If they are sloppy, and standing around watching things happen around them instead of playing with some energy. Then the team is not ready and the game it is too fast for them and things snow ball from there.

If they are flying around and just making mistakes due to rust, then we know that they are confident and they have less to work on to prepare for Week one.

Doing tons of motions, and blitzes are false advertisements. I don't care to see the Real Offense.

Winning or losing in pre-season is over rated but how they play on the field matters. If the starters are look like back ups there is problems. If the Starters make Arizona look like Back up and our back ups looks like they can compete as a starter. Then expectations will be increased.

I have not seen a complete pre-season since Vermeil where I felt like our starters were ready for Week one. And they never won a game or won only one once the starters played most of the game.

You are absolutely right on! Every year a bad preseason has lead to a bad start in the season. You see good teams coming out firing and we need to do the same.

Lord-Chiefy
08-10-2012, 03:54 PM
You are absolutely right on! Every year a bad preseason has lead to a bad start in the season. You see good teams coming out firing and we need to do the same.

That's what I ment. We need wins..it sets the tone for the season.

#58ChiefsFan
08-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Sounds like we may see Bowe standing on the sidelines tonight

Twitter pictures of him on a flight from atl to KC have surfaced

Seek
08-10-2012, 04:40 PM
That's what I ment. We need wins..it sets the tone for the season.

The win itself it pointless if the 4th stringers make a come back against the other teams 4th stringers and most of those players are cut the next week.

It is more on how the starters and 2nd stringers play while they are in there.

They have to look like training camp knocked off most of the rust and they are now just working on getting conditioned for a full four quarters with contact. If they look very sluggish, they are behind regardless if they win.

matthewschiefs
08-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Tonight I would first off love to see a win always nice to see a chiefs win

But I want to see a team that looks like it has at least began to get ready for the season. If the offense struggles I won't be to worried just yet this is going to be there first time out in a game in the new offense I won't get to worried if I see growing pains tonight but it just has to be better the 2nd and 3rd time out. It will be so great to see the Chiefs back in action even if the game doesn't count. GO CHIEFS

Lord-Chiefy
08-10-2012, 07:46 PM
You don't understand I live in az we need to win or I'll here it all year

Seek
08-10-2012, 08:33 PM
We won! Starters will be pulled with a lead. The offense looks good with great blocking in the right side.