PDA

View Full Version : KC Chiefs regional news...

hermhater
10-11-2007, 01:19 AM
The local programming in this city is ridiculous...

They just showed the sportscaster from the local NBC channel promoting a Chiefs fans contest and the first prize winner gets a (get this) $60 gift certificate to Sports Nutz...

And that is not even the channel that lets the local weatherman bring his freakin' dogs on stage and talk about them...

Thank God for the Chiefs because this town is a joke...

tammietailgator
10-11-2007, 01:26 AM

They just showed the sportscaster from the local NBC channel promoting a Chiefs fans contest and the first prize winner gets a (get this) $60 gift certificate to Sports Nutz...

And that is not even the channel that lets the local weatherman bring his freakin' dogs on stage and talk about them...

I work at an animal hospital and we had customer appreciation day on the 22nd.... everyone wanted to get gary to out his dogs, but instead... I got KC Wolf to come out for an hour!! much much better than gary - lol

Guru
10-11-2007, 01:27 AM

The locals have to save their money for bailing the Chiefs out of impending blackouts this year.

PS - Yes, I know that NBC doesn't have to worry about that.

hermhater
10-11-2007, 01:28 AM
I work at an animal hospital and we had customer appreciation day on the 22nd.... everyone wanted to get gary to out his dogs, but instead... I got KC Wolf to come out for an hour!! much much better than gary - lol

Gary's dogs are flamers.

You got KC Wolf to come out?

Are you kidding me? That is awesome. Did you get his autograph?

I was at Wal-Mart today buying a cheap a$$ computer, and saw something cool.

It was a Wilson Football that was white with the words "KC Chiefs" and an arrowhead with KC inside.

It came with a sharpie called a "Autograph Pen".

Is that cool marketing or what?

hermhater
10-11-2007, 01:30 AM
The locals have to save their money for bailing the Chiefs out of impending blackouts this year.

PS - Yes, I know that NBC doesn't have to worry about that.

So that isn't just my suspicion?

CBS has a deal with the AFC and NBC does the NFC?

tammietailgator
10-11-2007, 01:38 AM
Gary's dogs are flamers.

You got KC Wolf to come out?

Are you kidding me? That is awesome. Did you get his autograph?

I was at Wal-Mart today buying a cheap a$$ computer, and saw something cool.

It was a Wilson Football that was white with the words "KC Chiefs" and an arrowhead with KC inside.

It came with a sharpie called a "Autograph Pen".

Is that cool marketing or what?
I dont think its his dogs that are flamers...... but anywhoo... lol....

Yeah, gettin him the day before the home opener was great. We are not a big hospital. I trained my dog to do the tomahawk chop for him and to growl when I say Michael Vick. It was great! KC loved it!

Guru
10-11-2007, 01:41 AM
So that isn't just my suspicion?

CBS has a deal with the AFC and NBC does the NFC?

Fox is the NFC. What kind of fan are you? :D

NBC gets whatever they want. I am willing to bet that they have no intention of airing the Chiefs-Jets game in week 17.

tammietailgator
10-11-2007, 01:42 AM
I will post pics soon on the pic area.

tammietailgator
10-11-2007, 01:44 AM

NBC gets whatever they want. I am willing to bet that they have no intention of airing the Chiefs-Jets game in week 17.
I had no idea....

hermhater
10-11-2007, 01:46 AM

I guess I am one that only watches local programming when it is the Chiefs! CBS is the only channel that I really know locally, on my cable channel it is 3.

Couldn't tell you what the other channels numbers are to be honest.

I think ABC is 12... It is right before ESPN which is 13, so yeah, ABC is 12.

About the end of your post, that would be a pretty good playoff game to watch.

HERM would probably throw the game in an obvious manner to show his loyalty to the Jets!

hermhater
10-11-2007, 01:48 AM
I dont think its his dogs that are flamers...... but anywhoo... lol....

Yeah, gettin him the day before the home opener was great. We are not a big hospital. I trained my dog to do the tomahawk chop for him and to growl when I say Michael Vick. It was great! KC loved it!

That right there is the post of the month fellas!

:sign0098:

Chiefster
10-11-2007, 01:50 AM

Well you know where the thread is.

tammietailgator
10-11-2007, 01:50 AM

Is there a way for me to post a video of him doing it?

Chiefster
10-11-2007, 01:53 AM

Doing what???

hermhater
10-11-2007, 01:54 AM

Have you ever posted anything to youtube.com?

If you can post it there, then copy and paste the link in the YouTube thread we could see it.

Any questions just ask.

hermhater
10-11-2007, 01:58 AM

Doing what???

Don't mind him...

:lol:

tammietailgator
10-11-2007, 02:05 AM
I 'll check that out. thanks!! You'll see it soon,, not tonight... need sleep

tammietailgator
10-11-2007, 02:07 AM
I just thought of it.... My dog could possibly be more well known than Breezy, Stormy and Windy!! Holy #%@!!

hermhater
10-11-2007, 02:08 AM
I just thought of it.... My dog could possibly be more well known than Breezy, Stormy and Windy!! Holy #%@!!

I sure hope so...

I love dogs, but those three are overrated.

:lol:

Three7s
10-11-2007, 03:36 AM
Man, every time I see NBC Action News weather, Gary brings those stupid dogs on the show. It's almost like he uses them as comic relief whenever something bad in the weather is gonna happen! Hahaha. I feel he actually takes more pride in his dogs in his segment than the actual weather forecast at times.

hermhater
10-11-2007, 04:53 AM
Man, every time I see NBC Action News weather, Gary brings those stupid dogs on the show. It's almost like he uses them as comic relief whenever something bad in the weather is gonna happen! Hahaha. I feel he actually takes more pride in his dogs in his segment than the actual weather forecast at times.

You have nailed it on the head!

The local programming around here seems like the dogs are more important than the next tornado that will strike!

:mob:

Guru
10-11-2007, 05:19 AM
You have nailed it on the head!

The local programming around here seems like the dogs are more important than the next tornado that will strike!

:mob:

Wow, you don't watch Katie Horner then do you? Talk about "the sky is falling" coverage.

sling58
10-11-2007, 07:01 AM

They better. If the crappy "team we don't mention" gets to play on MNF then we better get our time on national tv.

Three7s
10-11-2007, 09:01 PM
*team not mentioned* played a pretty good game against the Cowboys though. Romo looked horrible. Kind of a shame that the Cowboys pulled it out. I like upsets.:D

sling58
10-12-2007, 07:47 AM
I hate the Cowboys. Tired of hearing about Romo.