PDA

View Full Version : Raiders

Miller
08-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Wow they did not look good tonight, lets hope they keep up the good work. :lol:

After seeing that, and seeing the Chiefs really look good, I hope we can take this division this year and do something in the playoffs.

Yoda
08-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Wow they did not look good tonight, lets hope they keep up the good work. :lol:

After seeing that, and seeing the Chiefs really look good, I hope we can take this division this year and do something in the playoffs.

Yup...it was a yawner....but it is preseason. To be honest, even if the Raiders looked like world beaters....I would not be thumping my chest....it's preseason.

LlamaNinja
08-14-2012, 12:40 AM
It makes you feel better plus I am sure Cassel and them are feeling pretty well right now.

Yoda
08-14-2012, 03:33 AM
It makes you feel better plus I am sure Cassel and them are feeling pretty well right now.

Don't get myopic....SMH....

Miller
08-14-2012, 05:19 AM
Yup...it was a yawner....but it is preseason. To be honest, even if the Raiders looked like world beaters....I would not be thumping my chest....it's preseason.
That is exactly what I said when the Chiefs went 0-4 in the preseason last year. Then it just kept on going.

nigeriannightmare
08-14-2012, 08:29 AM

You have to admit that is not what u wamted to see from your qb, its not like hes a rookie.

Yoda
08-14-2012, 09:45 AM
You have to admit that is not what u wamted to see from your qb, its not like hes a rookie.

The biggest mistake CP made was that deep throw to DHB. Most of the other passes were drops by the WR's. Overall, the O was atrocious....time to press the panic button...uh no.

The D look like world beaters on the run game....time thump my chest and proclaim this to be a top 5 D.....uh no.

IT'S PRESEASON!!!

nigeriannightmare
08-14-2012, 11:47 AM
The biggest mistake CP made was that deep throw to DHB. Most of the other passes were drops by the WR's. Overall, the O was atrocious....time to press the panic button...uh no.

The D look like world beaters on the run game....time thump my chest and proclaim this to be a top 5 D.....uh no.

IT'S PRESEASON!!!

It is pre season not saying its a big deal, but cp isnt a rookie.bro I think you all made a big mistake cp hasnt been the same since hus knee injury.

matthewschiefs
08-14-2012, 01:09 PM

IT'S PRESEASON!!!

THIS

The only reason I would be worried is if your team looked completely not ready for football like we did a year ago. That was horrible. And the team was not ready to where they should have been by the start of the regular season. That's the only reason I would be worried at this point.

#58ChiefsFan
08-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Yoda

The "experts" seemed to play up that DMC staying healthy was the key to your offense and Palmer being successful, not so sure I agree with that. What's your guys take on that statement.

Lord-Chiefy
08-14-2012, 03:04 PM
Your crazy to say preseason doesn't matter and isn't a close resemblance to your team.

slc chief
08-14-2012, 03:26 PM
with a young team or a team that has new coordinators or head coach. you best believe pre season matters. you want things to start gellin during the pre season and for your players to get a grasp of how they are supposed to execute their coordinators game plan.

with a seasoned veteran team that has been together forever. or the system has. the pre season does not much matter at all.

i will say this dont judge because of 1 game in the pre season.

Yoda
08-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Yoda

The "experts" seemed to play up that DMC staying healthy was the key to your offense and Palmer being successful, not so sure I agree with that. What's your guys take on that statement.

DMC is without a doubt is the KEY to offensive success. His presence opens up the offense and takes preassure off the passing game. DMAC can score from anywhere on the field. Palmer did pretty good last year considering he literally came off the couch by weak 7 last season. Now with a full offseason and RunDMC in the backfield, this O could be one of the most explosive O's in the Leauge.

Yoda
08-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Your crazy to say preseason doesn't matter and isn't a close resemblance to your team.

Call me crazy

Yoda
08-14-2012, 07:02 PM
with a young team or a team that has new coordinators or head coach. you best believe pre season matters. you want things to start gellin during the pre season and for your players to get a grasp of how they are supposed to execute their coordinators game plan.

with a seasoned veteran team that has been together forever. or the system has. the pre season does not much matter at all.

i will say this dont judge because of 1 game in the pre season.

You do make some valid points. You do want to build confidence, but at expense of exposing everything in preseason to get a meaningless win? No.

It was one game....but toss out another goose game next game...you start raising some eyebrows.

As I said, the Raiders run D looked imposing....but it was one game in preseason....that doesn't tell me much either.

The preseason and the regular season play is vastly different.

#58ChiefsFan
08-14-2012, 07:28 PM
DMC is without a doubt is the KEY to offensive success. His presence opens up the offense and takes preassure off the passing game. DMAC can score from anywhere on the field. Palmer did pretty good last year considering he literally came off the couch by weak 7 last season. Now with a full offseason and RunDMC in the backfield, this O could be one of the most explosive O's in the Leauge.

Would you guys be in a world of hurt if he went down similar to what happened here with Charles?

Yoda
08-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Would you guys be in a world of hurt if he went down similar to what happened here with Charles?

The Raiders almost the playoffs without him. Then again, they had Michael Bush. Tawain Jones is unproven... so in a word....yes. DMAC is the key to the Raiders' year.

tornadospotter
08-15-2012, 12:04 AM
The Raiders almost the playoffs without him. Then again, they had Michael Bush. Tawain Jones is unproven... so in a word....yes. DMAC is the key to the Raiders' year.
Well then, May DMAC stay healthy for the entire season! May all the Chief's starters stay health. I want no excuses this season for losses because of injuries! MAY THE CHIEFS and Raiders, rivalry continually be strong! May the best team win the division! Personally I think it will be the CHIEFS!!!!!!!!

Yoda
08-15-2012, 12:18 AM
Well then, May DMAC stay healthy for the entire season! May all the Chief's starters stay health. I want no excuses this season for losses because of injuries! MAY THE CHIEFS and Raiders, rivalry continually be strong! May the best team win the division! Personally I think it will be the CHIEFS!!!!!!!!

Agreed....(except the part about the Chiefs winning the division)....here....here!

tornadospotter
08-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Agreed....(except the part about the Chiefs winning the division)....here....here!
There you go being a Raider again! LOL, have a frosty on my tab, for being a fan. :bananen_smilies046:

Yoda
08-15-2012, 01:03 AM
There you go being a Raider again! LOL, have a frosty on my tab, for being a fan. :bananen_smilies046:

Here's to rivalries! Without them, football would not be the same! :bananen_smilies046:

doobs_05
08-15-2012, 01:11 AM
To anyone saying Preseason matters or shows what your team will look like, remember when detroit went 4-0 in the preseason....then they lost every regular season game

Eydugstr
08-15-2012, 09:40 PM
To anyone saying Preseason matters or shows what your team will look like, remember when detroit went 4-0 in the preseason....then they lost every regular season game

+1. It's the preseason. Take it all with a grain of salt...

IMHO the Raiders have a really good defensive line. They won't be pushovers. Carson Palmer has one or two years left in the tank. It'll be interesting to see how the Raiders change without creepy Uncle Al running the show.

Another thing that concerns me is the fact they, like the Chiefs, have skirted under the radar as far as press coverage goes.

slc chief
08-15-2012, 09:54 PM

for anyone who thinks the pre season doesnt mean anything look at last years rams,bucs,redskins,chiefs games from last year and see how they started off. you can get a feel for what the starters are going to do the other two quarters are just people trying to make the team

Yoda
08-15-2012, 10:26 PM
for anyone who thinks the pre season doesnt mean anything look at last years rams,bucs,redskins,chiefs games from last year and see how they started off. you can get a feel for what the starters are going to do the other two quarters are just people trying to make the team

The preseason does have some meaning as far coaches evaluating talent, and players wanting to make the team. The preseason is NOT a good indicator as to how well a team may do in the RS. What you don't want to see is you're team get manhandled at the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball.....that IS something that will carry over into the RS. If there is a preseason game that may give you a glimpse of things to come, it would be the 3rd PS game. Even with that, it's hard to tell. People who have watch football for 30+ years like myself may tend to agree.

#58ChiefsFan
08-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Throw out anything after the first team comes out of the preseason games.

Game 1 with the starters does gauge how your training camp is going.

chief31
08-15-2012, 11:03 PM
The W/L record doesn't mean anything, since your actual team is only on the field for part of each game.

But having your starters making solid plays and beating other starters in one-on-one situations, or just running good routes, throwing good passes, making tough cuts, or reads is extremely telling of what your team is capable of doing when the season starts.

But it certainly does not mean that your starters WILL perform at the same level during the season as they do during the reason.

The games don't count. And even the plays do not count. But having the team playing well together is a very good sign.

Myself, I would never get too excited, nor worried about preseason results. Only if all four games are to one extreme. (Last years Chiefs are a good example.)

slc chief
08-16-2012, 10:50 AM
here is what i have gathered from this years pre season.

the cards need to improve there qb situation

the cowboys dont have an offensive line

the chiefs starters looked great with there execution

the raiders need a few more games to figure it out

and i am already sick of all the manning talk

Yoda
08-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Noodle Neck news is getting tiresome.

Here's the gist of NFL network news.....Manning....Manning.......20 secs of another team....Pats....Jets....Pats....Cowboys....Pats... .Tebow.........TEBOW....Jets....Manning....20 secs to spare for another NFL team....then the cycle continues.

#58ChiefsFan
08-16-2012, 01:25 PM
If pay-ton does stay healthy does it bring instant credibility to whichever AFC West team knocks them out of the playoffs? I never considered the AFC South a powerhouse yet the dolts got a lot of credit for owning that division.

Miller
08-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Noodle Neck news is getting tiresome.

Here's the gist of NFL network news.....Manning....Manning.......20 secs of another team....Pats....Jets....Pats....Cowboys....Pats... .Tebow.........TEBOW....Jets....Manning....20 secs to spare for another NFL team....then the cycle continues.
That is no joke! it is a constant :beat_DeadHorse: news cycle.

otf
08-17-2012, 08:58 AM
Speaking of Raiders... How is Routt doing? I know some of you guys were happy as hell when he signed...

slc chief
08-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Speaking of Raiders... How is Routt doing? I know some of you guys were happy as hell when he signed... he is doing fine. for the most part he held fitzgerald in check lined up as our number 1 and didnt get burned. if you are referring to that bunk call against him well chop that up to the inexperianced ref's. its only illegal if you make contact after 10 yards

Yoda
08-19-2012, 11:26 PM
I believe Rout will be missed...he is a solid player who was groomed by Asomuagh. Funny how a player "sucks" when he longer sports your favorite team colors.

Yoda
08-20-2012, 12:35 AM
Raiders look really really bad. Palmer looks like an old man out there, Mcfadden better stay healthy or it's going to be a long long season for the Oakland Raiders

SMH......

Yoda
08-25-2012, 11:31 AM
SMH......

Time to see if the O shows any life, DMC can stay healthy, and if the D can continue it's dominance of the OL.

matthewschiefs
08-25-2012, 12:04 PM
SMH......

LOL I think that's what My man says about every team there QB sucks better hope the runner stays healty

nigeriannightmare
08-25-2012, 01:58 PM
LOL I think that's what My man says about every team there QB sucks better hope the runner stays healty

no he only says that about the raiders and the chiefs....must be a closet donkey or dolt fan.

Yoda
08-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Kick off here we go!

Yoda
08-25-2012, 07:09 PM
DMC is ready! Now take him out!

Yoda
08-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Hmmm... No wants to part take with Raiders chat on the Raiders thread....lol

Miller
08-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Well, I hope they look better tonight than the Chiefs looked last night. :sign0085:

Yoda
08-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Well, I hope they look better tonight than the Chiefs looked last night. :sign0085:

Overall, they are looking very solid.But goal line o is troublesome.

AussieChiefsFan
08-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Hmmm... No wants to part take with Raiders chat on the Raiders thread....lol

How strange.....

Yoda
08-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Scratch that...Raiders just punched it in. 7-3 Oakland

Yoda
08-25-2012, 08:58 PM
At the half- Raiders outgain Lions 247 yards to 91, 69 to 7 on the ground and have 18 first downs to Detroit's 5

Yoda
08-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Lions have only 7 rushing yards vs Raiders 1st D

AussieChiefsFan
08-25-2012, 09:21 PM
I just checked NFL.com; From your posts I was expecting the raiders to be winning.

Yoda
08-25-2012, 09:34 PM
The Terrell Pryor just ran 17 yards for a TD. 17-13 Raiders....btw...Raiders' 1st lead Det's 1st string at the half. Then again...it's only PS

Yoda
08-25-2012, 09:34 PM
I just checked NFL.com; From your posts I was expecting the raiders to be winning.

Check again...

AussieChiefsFan
08-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Check again...

I meant, winning by a fair bit. I forgot to add that....

Yoda
08-25-2012, 09:43 PM
I meant, winning by a fair bit. I forgot to add that....

Lol....ok...SMH

Yoda
08-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Yoda I have heard good things about Raiders front 4, guessing from your updates they have looked pretty impressive this preseason?

The DL has been manhandling the OL's....they have looked solid at best....it is PS. On the 1st drive the DL had to fugly bone head penalties......but after that they were solid....oops....Raiders just scored 24-13 Raiders.

AussieChiefsFan
08-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Lol....ok...SMH

lol I AM sounding a bit like that right now aren't I....

Yoda
08-25-2012, 09:53 PM
lol I AM sounding a bit like that right now aren't I....

It's cool bro

Yoda
08-25-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm just hoping Niners D CRUSH Manning and shut the Donkeys up

Yoda
08-25-2012, 10:08 PM
Terrell Pryor and rookie WR J.Criner lighting up the Det D for another long hook up. Raiders 31 Det 13.

AussieChiefsFan
08-25-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm just hoping Niners D CRUSH Manning and shut the Donkeys up

Same here. I like Peyton but I hate the Donkeys, Im so conflicted, I wanna see him outta the game but not injured.

Yoda
08-25-2012, 10:34 PM
I here ya...

Ok final score Raiders 31 - Lions 20 and wasn't even that close

Yoda
08-26-2012, 12:04 AM
Stop saying it's preseason. Your starters beating the lions 10-6 is a hell of a lot better than the Chiefs getting beat 23-7 in their first half

It was a dress rehearsal, a solid one....nothing to get too high about. But good for momentum for the opener.

OPLookn
08-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Stop saying it's preseason. Your starters beating the lions 10-6 is a hell of a lot better than the Chiefs getting beat 23-7 in their first half

Why...isn't it preseason? Look if the Chiefs come out and get whooped the first few games then go ahead and light the boards up. But good grief MMO these games mean absolutely NOTHING!

Would I like to see the Chiefs do better? Yes.

But you have to realize that we aren't running the play calls we're going to run during the regular season which means that the first game anyone should care about how we're doing is Sept. 9th.

Like I said I'd like to see the Chiefs out there beating up on the starters. But that we're not doesn't concern me that much.

Yoda
08-27-2012, 03:55 PM
The only major concern I would in preason is being out "physicaled" and not having intensity. If your team is getting shoved around the field....that is a major red flag even for PS.

doobs_05
08-28-2012, 07:49 AM
Whose Oak. back up running back. I always thought them letting bush go was stupid (but I am happy he's not in the division anymore). Is Palmer still keeping his INT #s up or has he worked on getting them down? Do you see Pryor ever making a start for Oakland.

Also good luck on week 4 and week 14 (only time i'm a raider fan)

Yoda
08-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Whose Oak. back up running back. I always thought them letting bush go was stupid (but I am happy he's not in the division anymore). Is Palmer still keeping his INT #s up or has he worked on getting them down? Do you see Pryor ever making a start for Oakland.

Also good luck on week 4 and week 14 (only time i'm a raider fan)

Back up RB- Taiwan Jones

Palmer-has been horrible this preseason 0 TD's 4 int

Pryor-atleast two years from starting. But they may package some plays for him.

Chiefster
08-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Same here. I like Peyton but I hate the Donkeys, Im so conflicted, I wanna see him outta the game but not injured.

I can't stand Manning or the Donks...so, no conflict here. :lol:

But, I agree that I don't wish him harm.

Miller
09-02-2012, 10:47 PM
I can't stand Manning or the Donks...so, no conflict here. :lol:

But, I agree that I don't wish him harm.

I feel the same. Don't wish harm on anyone, it is just bad Karma

Chiefster
09-03-2012, 05:24 PM
I feel the same. Don't wish harm on anyone, it is just bad Karma

Eggsactly!

Yoda
09-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Eggsactly!

Karma.......pfffffft......in the words of the legendary Al Davis...."The quarterback must go down and he must go down hard."

Miller
09-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Raiders along with the Chiefs will be the bottom feeders of the AFC West.

:whipping1:

bricooper78
09-03-2012, 10:24 PM
I don't see a huge difference in the West this year to be dead honest with ya.

Injuries are going to happen, and all 4 teams are thin, I can't wait to see horse mouth in the press conference after Manning has something happen that takes him a few weeks to recover from... rivers still sucks, and lets not forget the do-over oakland is going through, for the what, 8th year in a row now? Maybe they'll figure it out this year, that they have to try the same thing for more than 5 weeks before they scrap it and try to redo it.

Yoda
09-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Why does everyone on this board disregard Manning as a has been. He had 2 rusty preseason games and then responded 10-12 122 yards and 2 td's against a team that was a play away from winning the super bowl.

I don't doubt Manning will be effective.....but behind a soft O line and no running to respect. The Donkeys aren't a shoe in to win the west.

bricooper78
09-03-2012, 10:31 PM
I don't doubt Manning will be effective.....but behind a soft O line and no running to respect. The Donkeys aren't a shoe in to win the west.

Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding!!!

winnah winnah chicken dinnah!! :yahoo:

matthewschiefs
09-03-2012, 10:45 PM
But he does have a run game, and a line that has been absolutely outstanding this preseason

That's great for him but preseason is nothing compared to the real season when defense are actually gameplaning for you .

bricooper78
09-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Denver ran due mainly to Tebow, and the option.

There is NO WAY they'll get those yards this year. none. won't happen. Tebow pulled the new and improved "next new thing" on the league, and got lucky due to people not being able to game plan due to no tape or time.
This year, without that, the donks are in for a reality check.

I do not discount their defense however, they do look solid. I just am not sold they have the offense required to win

bricooper78
09-03-2012, 10:55 PM
I got bumped from my updates dangit..

Another thing that was going to tie my rant together:

All that running saved that defense last year, now I said they're looking solid... BUT manning can "quick strike" and get them back in a game, which is going to stress a defense that isn't used to living on the field.
A 4 minute (total realtime) possession vs an 11.40 (realtime) possession adds up quickly, double so in thin air where they are chugging for O2 already.

I think the defense being on field more makes them less effective, and the offense doesn't dictate pace, I see this as an adjustment period at best, they'll have hiccups, and failures

Yoda
09-03-2012, 11:02 PM
But he does have a run game, and a line that has been absolutely outstanding this preseason

Uh, no the run game is average at best, this is why D's will key on the passing game. The O-line is soft, last year Tebow helped the O-line by scrambling.....Manning quick release may help unless he has to get rid of the ball before he wants to.
http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb437/ssporras1977/309D8E8C-FEE7-4D52-B080-5343771B37E3-2429-0000022403BB42F2.jpg
On the D side....their bread an butter is pass rush. But the DB's (aside from Champ) are below average. The biggest problem on D is their run D. In fact, Donkey fans are still hoping to o pick up a decent DT from the cut day scrap heap.

Hmmm....something tells me your a Donkey fan in disguise. :beat_DeadHorse:

bricooper78
09-04-2012, 01:05 PM
They have a good line and with Peyton the defense will be kept honest, which is why i think their runnin game will be effective.

1> won't need to rush constantly, yardage will go down.
2> time of possession goes down, defense gets tired.
3> tired defense, opposition can run on them, control tempo of the game.
4> they lose games.

That's my main points. I feel they should be better than last year, they almost have to be. But, every action causes and equal and opposite reaction.

These numbers won't look like this next year
http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?season=2011&team=DEN&seasonType=