PDA

View Full Version : Two words Chiefs fans...

Yoda
09-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Halftime Adjustments......the biggest difference in this game. KC was hanging with Atl. But the Falcons were to make the right adjustments at halftime. That falls on the HC.

matthewschiefs
09-09-2012, 04:08 PM
The biggest difference is their terrific GM over ours, who actually understands that having depth per position is important, that and having a franchise qb

Where are you calling out Hali for getting suspended. Where are you calling out DJ for his play today. Where are you calling out Bowe. What did Bowe do today not much. But yes just keep calling out Cassel and Pioli.

Yoda
09-09-2012, 04:09 PM
I believe the Chiefs are 2nd in the NFL as far as being under the cap w/about $14+million. Depth could be created with that coin.

matthewschiefs
09-09-2012, 04:16 PM
You missed my posts about the secondary depth, the CB looked absolutely awful today, that is on Pioli. He brings in the guys he wants to bring in and builds the team.

So that excuse the guys that you keep praiseing herm and cp for getting? Do you call out Hali for getting himself suspended Nope. Do you call out Bowe and dj for there bad play nope. But you sure can call out Cassel who did far more good then either of those guys today and Pioli and you wonder why people think your a troll. You call out the guys you don't like ignore the failings of the guys you do like. It's a team game Cassel is a part of the reason we lost but so are the other guys why only call out 2 people? I have no problem saying Cassel is a part of the loss. But he did alot more then others did on this team today. And yet he's still one of the only ones you call out

Yoda
09-09-2012, 04:21 PM
The players are paid to make plays....but bottom line.....this loss should be placed squarely on the coaching staff, specifically the HC for not making the proper halftime adjustments. Atl did

matthewschiefs
09-09-2012, 04:26 PM
I praised Herm for drafting our best players, because he did.

Yes, cassel is A reason why we lost, ultimately it is his job to move the chains. He didn't play well.

The defense played far worse though Matt, I will admit, but Cassel definitely didn't help with his performance. The defense looks bad, our cb looked absolutely awful, it pretty much looked like the Seattle preseason game.

Unless Pioli wises up and gets some much needed depth for our team this will go on and on.

Really where were those players today? What did they do that was great? Strange you are not calling any of them out. All you can to is blame 2 guys. And you claim to be a realist? SMH

matthewschiefs
09-09-2012, 04:27 PM
The players are paid to make plays....but bottom line.....this loss should be placed squarely on the coaching staff, specifically the HC for not making the proper halftime adjustments. Atl did

THIS even a faiders fan gets it. There are far more people to blame then the people who are getting all the blame

matthewschiefs
09-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Exactly, do you see our d without our 2 best players from the Herm era? It's awful, Pioli's guys were playing in the secondary correct? They got beat like a drum. You will never ever admit that Pioli just isn't doing the correct job. We have absolutely no depth Matt.

So Bowe wasn't there? DJ wasn't there? It's Pilolis fault for Hali getting suspended?

Strange One of Pioli's picks was the number 1 wr today in Mccluster. You no the guy who you said wouldn't be playing. But ya it's all Piolis and Cassel's fault.

chief31
09-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Exactly, do you see our d without our 2 best players from the Herm era? It's awful, Pioli's guys were playing in the secondary correct? They got beat like a drum. You will never ever admit that Pioli just isn't doing the correct job. We have absolutely no depth Matt.

A whole lot excuse making here.

You refuse to acknowledge that loss of starters hurt last year's Chiefs.

Why the complete 180 here?

chief31
09-09-2012, 04:41 PM
You just complained about the defense. The guys Pioli brought in in the secondary played and got killed. Of course that's on Pioli, he assembles the team and coaching staff.

His complaint was that CPs players failed today, and you dodged that to point your finger at some backups.

Spin it good MymanManning.

matthewschiefs
09-09-2012, 04:44 PM
You just complained about the defense. The guys Pioli brought in in the secondary played and got killed. Of course that's on Pioli, he assembles the team and coaching staff.

And you ignore Hali getting himself suspended You ignore Dj one NOT on of Piolis picks bad play that hurt. You ignore Bowe not playing like a number 1. You ignore The fact that the offense we did have came largely from one of Piolis picks. In fact all the Tds came from Pioli's guys and not Herm and cps. But why bring that up you will ignore that to. Come on My man don't you see that it goes past just Piloi's guys. The guys you keep talking about being "our best players" didn't do anything today to help. Cassel did far more then Bowe did. As did Mccluster. But ya keep putting all the blame on the 2 guys you don't like

chief31
09-09-2012, 04:54 PM
So our secondary looked great today? How many yards and touchdowns did Julio Jones have today? Who played in the secondary today?

Also, didn't we get blown out today?

How is that relevant to your dodging the subject......

Oh... I see. You are just dodging some more, stem't you?

Try defending Hali again, I missed that.

fairladyZ
09-09-2012, 04:55 PM
our offense is not built for a shoot out.. It's built to grind the clock and slowly march down the field.

We lost by 16 points to team that scored on every possesion until the end of the game when they let up and didn't turn the ball over at all.

we needed adjustments and didn't get them, atleast in the right direction that is. they made the wrong adjustments.

matthewschiefs
09-09-2012, 04:59 PM
So it's hali's fault he didn't get much pressure on the qb today.

You act like Pioli's players contributed so much, you do know we got blown out? Cassel had 3 turnovers, lacks pocket awareness. Our secondary looks absolutely awful. We do NOT have a qb that can come from behind, sit in shotgun and make throws.

You 2 really are blind pioli/cassel fans. You just have to face it, this franchise is going nowhere with Scott Pioli in command. He is ultimately responsible for our wins/losses, he assembles this team.

Chief 31, if you do really feel confident do you care to wager a bet via paypal? We can do it for the over/under 9.5 wins on the season

YES it is Hali's fault since HALI GOT HIMSELF SUSPENDED

Darn that Pioli for drafting Hali he should have know Hali would have gotten suspended. OH WAIT Pioli didn't draft him.

Darn what a great game Bowe had. WOW 3 catches for 53 yards he was GREAT.

Man that mccluster was a great pick by Herm cp he was our leading wr today. Oh wait that was a Pioli pick.

Darn that Derrick Johnson and Pioli for drafting him. Oh wait that wasn't a Pioli pick.

Man Cassel sucks he only accounted for 2 of our 3 tds today. It's all his fault.

You really want to talk about BLIND?

matthewschiefs
09-09-2012, 05:04 PM
My point was we look like garbage without our 2 best defensive players, which were from the Herm era. We saw Pioli's secondary CB play today and I don't want to see anymore, we need a healthy Flowers to be able to stop anyone.

We got crushed, it was a bad defensive effort, it was a bad qb play, pretty much all around. But this is what you wanted, this is the Scott Pioli era.

Scott Pioli assembled this team, he is ultimately responsible.

LOL You ignore every point in that post and just say the same thing over and over.

matthewschiefs
09-09-2012, 05:14 PM
You saw our D with PIOLI's PICKS IN THE SECONDARY, THEY GOT KILLED.

I SAW THE OFFENSE, WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO BE IMPRESSED ABOUT MATT? MCCLUSTER's 82 yards are SUPPOSED TO BLOW ME AWAY? Cassel is not a capable qb, he panics in the pocket and makes unnecessary throws. He's not a franchise qb who can make deep throws to WR, I wish he was but hes not.

Let's just agree on this as I stated in a previous post, Scott Pioli is utlimately responsible for the personel and coachign staff on this team.

Your missing the point. You keep talking about the Pioli guys not playing well ok fine. Then call out the Bowe's who didn't do even as much as mccluster call out Hali for getting himself suspended call out DJ for his bad play. Call out Albert for his bad play. It wasn't just the Pioli picks that struggles out "Best players" that you praise so much sucked today to. Cassel our "horrible qb" who can't do anything did far more then "our best players" and yet he's still the only offensive player you point to. You don't call out Hali or DJ you just call out the secondary you give your guys a hall pass for there crappy play but then call out those you don't like. That's not a realist. Bowe didn't play well CALL HIM OUT if your a realist. DJ didn't play well CALL HIM OUT. HALI hurt the team by getting himself suspended CALL HIM OUT if your a realist you should have no problem doing so. Instead you just blame Pioli and Cassel as normal. I have no problem agreeing they didn't do a good enough job today. But I don't blame them more when they or they guys they brought in did far more good then the guys you want to give a hall pass to.

McLovin
09-09-2012, 05:54 PM
I praised Herm for drafting our best players, because he did.

Yes, cassel is A reason why we lost, ultimately it is his job to move the chains. He didn't play well.

The defense played far worse though Matt, I will admit, but Cassel definitely didn't help with his performance. The defense looks bad, our cb looked absolutely awful, it pretty much looked like the Seattle preseason game.

Unless Pioli wises up and gets some much needed depth for our team this will go on and on.

Woah Woah Woah ... The only thing Sperm Edwards did was destroy this team, he only took Bowe because our pick Brady Quinn was picked by Cleveland who leapfrogged us.... And look at how good he has done.

I am not a Cassel supporter but also dont believe that either of our backups are going to get the job done. At the time I wanted Quinn ... I was wrong... I am a huge Iowa Hawkeye fan but wasn't even a Stanzi fan when he was Iowas QB ...

I believe overall Pioli is doing a good job ... the only thing I fault him on is overpaying for a backup and standing behind him... If Pioli would have admitted he overpaid for Cassel and drafted a great QB or even went after someone other than just Manning (Which I dont even really think he went after) or even allowed a true QB competition like he said he would (Which I do think Cassel probably would have won) I would have no faults with Pioli at all....

Even Pioli / Haley was far far superior to Peterson / Sperm... I hope for a great season for Pioli / Crennel and think we have a great shot at it.

chief31
09-09-2012, 05:54 PM
So it's hali's fault he didn't get much pressure on the qb today.

You act like Pioli's players contributed so much, you do know we got blown out? Cassel had 3 turnovers, lacks pocket awareness. Our secondary looks absolutely awful. We do NOT have a qb that can come from behind, sit in shotgun and make throws.

You 2 really are blind pioli/cassel fans. You just have to face it, this franchise is going nowhere with Scott Pioli in command. He is ultimately responsible for our wins/losses, he assembles this team.

Chief 31, if you do really feel confident do you care to wager a bet via paypal? We can do it for the over/under 9.5 wins on the season
What about 6.5?

Not that I bet on anything I don't control.... But I find it sloping interesting that you attack my confidence, despite that I have admitted to NOT being confident, while you are as.confident as can be, having labelled this game a "MUST WIN", meaning that the loss eliminates us from playoff contention.

So why would you not propose a line at your prediction, instead of at mine?

I bet (HYPOTHETICAL, OF COURSE,) you would find a bettor at 6.5 O/U.

Show YOUR confidence. I have already expressed mine.

But I have also, repeatedly expressed that I am not confident in Matt Cassel. It is only your far ended opinion that makes you think.I am.

You think he is garbage, and I think has done well and could become a very good QB.

At every turn, you fail to grasp reality, and instead invent others' opinions for them.

chief31
09-09-2012, 05:58 PM
DJ LED THE TEAM IN TACKLES TODAY!

Cassel's track record against winning teams is bad, why should I have any faith in him? The line actually did a solid job, the fumble has actually been broken down on another forum, Cassel was holding the ball in plain view of the DE, Albert got beat but Cassel should have the pocket awareness to step up and either get rid of the ball or protect it, the fumble goes on both Albert and Cassel.

But Pioli is responsible for the depth on this team, he is responsible for the coaching and Personel, when I see our team struggling wtih depth as we did last year, the blame can only go to the general manager.

Mat Cassel has never played against a winning team by himself.

And a QB MUST trust his LOT. If he doesn't then he had better be Big Ben.

When your LOT fails, bad things happen.

chief31
09-09-2012, 06:13 PM
He has an awful track record against good teams, the results speak for themselves. He isn't a qb who can lead us from behind, sit in shotgun and make deep throws, especially when the running game breaks down as it did today. And as time went on we saw him break down, exposing the football and fumbling (which wasn't all his fault by the way), and then the 2 ill advised throws to covered receivers.

That is why I have never felt comfortable iwth him, sometimes if the team breaks down it is the quarterbacks job to pick them up, ultimately it is his job to move the chains and control the game. Now, could we have won if he had a career day? I doubt it, our secondary looked awful, and for that I put the blame squarely on Pioli

Are you hard of reading?.................

Mat Cassel has never played against a winning team by himself.

And a QB MUST trust his LOT. If he doesn't then he had better be Big Ben.

When your LOT fails, bad things happen.

chief31
09-09-2012, 06:14 PM
My initial record was 6-10, then I changed it to 7-9. How about we meet halfway and go over/under 8.5 wins?

Or is it just reading comprehension? ..........

What about 6.5?

Not that I bet on anything I don't control.... But I find it sloping interesting that you attack my confidence, despite that I have admitted to NOT being confident, while you are as.confident as can be, having labelled this game a "MUST WIN", meaning that the loss eliminates us from playoff contention.

So why would you not propose a line at your prediction, instead of at mine?

I bet (HYPOTHETICAL, OF COURSE,) you would find a bettor at 6.5 O/U.

Show YOUR confidence. I have already expressed mine.

But I have also, repeatedly expressed that I am not confident in Matt Cassel. It is only your far ended opinion that makes you think.I am.

You think he is garbage, and I think has done well and could become a very good QB.

At every turn, you fail to grasp reality, and instead invent others' opinions for them.

chief31
09-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Matt, I answered this quote in the above post but I wanted to say this to you now that everyone is a bit more relaxed.

I just wanted you to see how much different this D is without our impact players, without Hali we did not get very much pressure on the qb with the exception of Houston which was a nice play, but that was pretyt much it. With Hali/flowers we are a 8-12 defense in the league, without them we are bottom of the barrel, I am not saying they are the whole defense but he makes up for A LOT of it, same with Flowers. It's completely night and day without them on the field.

And how well did this defense do in the first two weeks of the 2011 season?

This IS the first week of this season, right?

matthewschiefs
09-09-2012, 06:18 PM
DJ LED THE TEAM IN TACKLES TODAY!

On a day like today that's not saying alot. He also made a misplay on a 3rd down that allowed the falcons to get one of there many touchdowns. Yet you won't call him ot for it. Instead all you do is whine about Cassel and Pioli.

There is no doubt Hali hurt the team Matt, no doubt about it. But the fact is we saw Pioli's guys today ON THE FIELD and it didn't turn out well. You even have to agree with me on that.

If Hali hurt the team then why haven't you called him out like you have Cassel and Pioli? He hurt the team big time by getting himself suspended yet you give him a hall pass. You admit he hurt the team then go right into more bashing Pioli. Why does one get a hall pass one get bashed?

Cassel's track record against winning teams is bad, why should I have any faith in him? The line actually did a solid job, the fumble has actually been broken down on another forum, Cassel was holding the ball in plain view of the DE, Albert got beat but Cassel should have the pocket awareness to step up and either get rid of the ball or protect it, the fumble goes on both Albert and Cassel. Matt Cassel had a great first half, (I actually couldn't believe my eyes), but an abysmal second half. My point for months and months is Cassel isn't a qb that can lead us from behind, he isn't a qb who can go out there, sit in shotgun and make deep throws. That is why I don't think he is the guy.

You admit that Albert got beat. Then why don't you bash him like you do Cassel Again you give one a hall pass and bash one. Do you not see the double standard there???????

But Pioli is responsible for the depth on this team, he is responsible for the coaching and Personel, when I see our team struggling wtih depth as we did last year, the blame can only go to the general manager.

You are 100% correct here but Pioli hasn't done a bad job in KC. He has added depth to alot of spots on this team. Do you rember when your boys were running this team. 6-26. He didn't have a whole lot to work with. He can do a better job and needs to. But you don't give him credit. Instead you just point at the negitive. Mccluster is a prime example. The guy had a pretty good year last year. You say this off season that he won't play with Charles back he goes out and leads the team at WR today. You have a not so go reputation on here Orton some well earned some I think is a tad unfair. But a large part of it is that you hold only 2 people accountable. You give everyone else a hall pass. If Pioli's such a bad drafter then call bowe out when one of his picks outplay him. You don't instead the only to you mention is Cassel and Pioli while claiming that your poor reputation is because you're a "realist" A realist doesn't hold 2 people accountable and give everyone else a hall pass.

Bike
09-09-2012, 06:19 PM
3rd HC in 5 years.
5th OC in 6 years.
We need a consistent coaching staff. It's gonna take a couple years - providing we can keep our current staff.

chief31
09-09-2012, 06:33 PM
DJ LED THE TEAM IN TACKLES TODAY! .

Would that be similar to how Matt Cassel completed 63% of his passes, or how he had over 250 yards passing? Or would it be more like how Cassel threw for a TD, ran for another?

I know.... It is a lot like how he led the team down the field and into scoring position on EVERY SINGLE DRIVE OF THE GAME, until the fumble, which put the team down by 17, right?

chief31
09-09-2012, 06:38 PM
3rd HC in 5 years.
5th OC in 6 years.
We need a consistent coaching staff. It's gonna take a couple years - providing we can keep our current staff.

I absolutely agree. And this is my biggest knock on Pioli.....

But it is actually five OCs in four seasons.

2009 - Gailey, then Haley
2010 - Weiss
2011 - Muir
2012 - Daboll

brdempsey69
09-09-2012, 09:24 PM
I'm enjoying some of these debates regarding Cassel, Pioli, etc.

Seriously, keep 'em coming. I haven't watched the game, yet. But I will, once it becomes available via my NFL GameRewind subscription.

I'll be watching things closely, just to see how much Cassel really is to blame, like I've seen posted all over the web.

slc chief
09-09-2012, 09:34 PM
two words for a gaiders fan suck b****. j/k the secondary looked awefull today what do you expect with 3 starters out. and atlantas offensive weapons

matthewschiefs
09-09-2012, 09:43 PM

Seriously, keep 'em coming. I haven't watched the game, yet. But I will, once it becomes available via my NFL GameRewind subscription.

I'll be watching things closely, just to see how much Cassel really is to blame, like I've seen posted all over the web.

Do yourself a favor and skip it Cassel is as much to blame as anyone else I will admit that but he's not alone in the blame like some are making it out to be when a game gets that bad it's never 1 person

Coach
09-09-2012, 09:43 PM

Cassel played pretty well IMO. Regarding his faults:
He had 2 interceptions, one was caused from a tipped pass by Moeaki which was not Cassel's fault. The other was a very bad decision by Cassel that was the result of him trying to make a play because the game was slipping away. The 2nd int was entirely his fault.

Cassel's fumble was the result of getting hit on his blind side. You can thank Mr. Branden Albert for that one, again not Cassel's fault. Sean Weatherspoon made several of our OL look like school girls today. Especially in the 2nd half.

Plenty of blame to go around after giving up 40 points, but I don't think the blame lies on the offense.

Let's talk about how Atlanta WR's were routinely open. They weren't making great catches, they were WIDE open. We got zero pass rush, NONE.

Cassel will have bad games this season, but this was not one of them. The defense/DC carries the brunt of this home opener beatdown.

matthewschiefs
09-09-2012, 09:51 PM
He had 2 interceptions, one was caused from a tipped pass by Moeaki which was not Cassel's fault. The other was a very bad decision by Cassel that was the result of him trying to make a play because the game was slipping away. The 2nd int was entirely his fault.

Cassel's fumble was the result of getting hit on his blind side. You can thank Mr. Branden Albert for that one, again not Cassel's fault. Sean Weatherspoon made several of our OL look like school girls today. Especially in the 2nd half.

Plenty of blame to go around after giving up 40 points, but I don't think the blame lies on the offense.

Let's talk about how Atlanta WR's were routinely open. They weren't making great catches, they were WIDE open. We got zero pass rush, NONE.

Cassel will have bad games this season, but this was not one of them. The defense/DC carries the brunt of this home opener beatdown.

The bad defense not only hurt in the points allowed but it took us out of our offense. The game was a shoot out anyones game until we missed a field goal and they got up 2 scores when the defense is playing the way ours was and you're down 2 scores you have to start throwing more to try to keep up. The Bad defense had a bad effect on the offense as well. Cassel had some bad moments but the bad defense helped add to the bad offense in the 2nd half.

#58ChiefsFan
09-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Regardless of what personnel we field next week if this "defense" gives up 35+ yet again I'd hope that Crennel names a DC. There is beginning to be a pattern here.

brdempsey69
09-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Do yourself a favor and skip it Cassel is as much to blame as anyone else I will admit that but he's not alone in the blame like some are making it out to be when a game gets that bad it's never 1 person

No, I'm going to watch it. As I said before and reiterated on the Game Day thread:

It's totally inexcusable to give up a 31 yard pass play on 3rd down and 11 and that right there could be the play that spells the outcome of this game.

I was right. If they stop them on that play and force a punt, then it would have been a different ball game.

Looking forward to seeing which of the O-Lineman Weatherspoon was giving a beatdown to. I already have my suspicions.

drstandley31
09-09-2012, 11:18 PM
We were missing the heart and 5 other components of our D today. They'll be fine. Tough start, but it's looking up from here.

Yoda
09-10-2012, 12:16 AM
The Chiefs did nothing today to dissmiss their stigma as a soft team.

#58ChiefsFan
09-10-2012, 12:36 AM
The Chiefs did nothing today to dissmiss their stigma as a soft team.

When your top pass rusher and top cover corner are out and you have a project of a rookie nose tackle starting why would anyone find that a shock.

Unless/until the revolving door of coaches and coordinators stops there is going to continue to be inconsistency.

brdempsey69
09-10-2012, 10:27 AM
The fumble was on both Albert and Cassel

No, it wasn't on Cassel. Albert completely whiffed on his block, and Cassel had no chance of either seeing it coming or stepping up in the pocket.

Ryfo18
09-10-2012, 11:06 AM
While the Chiefs did take a pretty good whoopin yesterday, I don't think it is time to panic at all. Most of what I saw is fixable.

1.) Hali and Flowers were greatly missed. The Chiefs could not get off the field on 3rd down. They failed to get any pressure on Matt Ryan, and he had all day to throw on 3rd down. Hali will help alleviate this some. Having Hali back will also free up Houston on the opposite side, because the Falcons gave him a lot of attention yesterday.

Flowers' absence was very obvious, as Jalil Brown was severely outmatched.

2.) The offense looked great in the 1st half and even to open the 2nd half. The missed field goal deflated the team, as I think even they knew they couldn't stop Atlanta. They began pressing on offense and it all went downhill from there.

Now there is no excuse for not being able to rebound from a missed field goal though. This team needs to show a little more mental tenacity.

Again though, these are fixable things.

KC got into a game that they cannot play, and that's trying to keep pace with a high-scoring offense. These aren't the Vermeil days anymore. The defense has to play better to have any chance of getting a victory on Sunday.

I am looking forward to getting the defense healthy, and I think this team is almost there. It's one loss, but there were a lot of encouraging things to take from today against a very solid Atlanta team.

nigeriannightmare
09-10-2012, 12:17 PM
While the Chiefs did take a pretty good whoopin yesterday, I don't think it is time to panic at all. Most of what I saw is fixable.

1.) Hali and Flowers were greatly missed. The Chiefs could not get off the field on 3rd down. They failed to get any pressure on Matt Ryan, and he had all day to throw on 3rd down. Hali will help alleviate this some. Having Hali back will also free up Houston on the opposite side, because the Falcons gave him a lot of attention yesterday.

2.) The offense looked great in the 1st half and even to open the 2nd half. The missed field goal deflated the team, as I think even they knew they couldn't stop Atlanta. They began pressing on offense and it all went downhill from there.

Now there is no excuse for not being able to rebound from a missed field goal though. This team needs to show a little more mental tenacity.

KC got into a game that they cannot play, and that's trying to keep pace with a high-scoring offense. These aren't the Vermeil days anymore. The defense has to play better to have any chance of getting a victory on Sunday.

I am looking forward to getting the defense healthy, and I think this team is almost there. It's one loss, but there were a lot of encouraging things to take from today against a very solid Atlanta team.

I too agree that the missed field goal was more than it should have been. I mean it was a 10 point swing. However 3rd and 1 and you have charles and hillis....that play pissed me off.

Eydugstr
09-10-2012, 12:44 PM

Agreed. Thought the offense really stuck with them, all things considered, and I thought our running game was stronger than Atlanta's.

Our problem was defense and 2nd half adjustments. It was pretty obvious that #11 was shredding our secondary.

Seek
09-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Halftime Adjustments......the biggest difference in this game. KC was hanging with Atl. But the Falcons were to make the right adjustments at halftime. That falls on the HC.

Two words, Injuries and suspensions...

We were missing our starting CB, Back up CB, Starting Safety, Starting NT and starting OLB. ON top of that our best remaining player was playing hurt.

You say second half adjustments. I say it took Atlanta a whole half to figure it out. The fact we hung in there that long was impressive.

After the missed Field goal you can just see the momentum change. The Chiefs quit nowing they were now two scores down and Atlanta tasted the blood in the water.

That is also on the HC, but I think most fans sat there thinking this can't go on.

Seek
09-10-2012, 12:57 PM
The biggest difference is their terrific GM over ours, who actually understands that having depth per position is important, that and having a franchise qb

:beat_DeadHorse:

Seek
09-10-2012, 01:05 PM
You missed my posts about the secondary depth, the CB looked absolutely awful today, that is on Pioli. He brings in the guys he wants to bring in and builds the team.

Yes, because there are so many outstanding 3rd string Corners out there in Free Agency just waiting to be signed.

I mean lets totally forget that Our Second Stringers are hurt and the people playing are cheap under paid third stringers.

Seriously, Pioli went out and sign A. Elam for back up depth at safety. He was a starter last year for Dallas. Outside of that, why don't you start naming who you as the Smarter GM would have signed to be our third string Corners and safeties.

reded
09-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Two words, Injuries and suspensions...

We were missing our starting CB, Back up CB, Starting Safety, Starting NT and starting OLB. ON top of that our best remaining player was playing hurt.

You say second half adjustments. I say it took Atlanta a whole half to figure it out. The fact we hung in there that long was impressive.

After the missed Field goal you can just see the momentum change. The Chiefs quit nowing they were now two scores down and Atlanta tasted the blood in the water.

That is also on the HC, but I think most fans sat there thinking this can't go on.

Although I feel the game would have been at least 7 points closer in the final score had all of our starters been playing, I don't feel that we would have won the game or should have won the game. We are not the caliber of team that the Atlanta Falcons are. It showed in preseason and was proven yesterday.

Hayvern
09-10-2012, 05:56 PM
I too agree that the missed field goal was more than it should have been. I mean it was a 10 point swing. However 3rd and 1 and you have charles and hillis....that play pissed me off.

That one, and then on defense when it was third and long for Atlanta and we rushed three defenders? And they still got a big gain, mainly as there was not pressure.

Ryfo18
09-10-2012, 08:14 PM
I would of resigned Brandon Carr, it would of made a world of a difference

Had that happened though, there would be no Routt, and we would have still been in the same boat in terms of CB depth.

Ryfo18
09-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Why not? God forbid if we should add any solid depth in the secondary

Then you've spent 1/4th of your 2013 salary cap on 3 players that play the same position. Throw in the fact that Hali is due $12.25 million and you're at about 1/3rd of the salary cap w/ just 4 players.

Unfortunately, it's not just as simple as "sign this player" and "sign that player" and VOILA!

bricooper78
09-10-2012, 09:23 PM
I agree, lack of depth.
***I disagree that we go buy it.***

I think we need to develop players through the draft, which takes time and patience.

Brandon Carr was one of those players, and we let him leave without a fight. Bad move IMHO.

We need to get these guys on the field, and get them up to speed on the NFL, and unfortunately that takes time, and patience. I forgot that, and went on a gigantic crybaby fit throwing rant in another thread.
We're a young team, we are developing players, and hopefully (As #58Chiefs said) consistency in coaching **IE not replacing coaches every year*** will help this, help the team, and help the Win/Loss record.

From what I've seen, and I HATE to have to type this...
The AFC West is Denver's to lose.
Ugh, I have to go wash my hands now, and maybe put soap in my eyes

nigeriannightmare
09-10-2012, 10:04 PM
That one, and then on defense when it was third and long for Atlanta and we rushed three defenders? And they still got a big gain, mainly as there was not pressure.

There were two falcon fans from iowa behind me. I think i turned my back and just said I can't watch 3rd and longs. He goes why is that, I said watch. I don't know but it seems we are feaking cursed on third and long.

Chiefster
09-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Yoda nailed it. No half time adjustments equals a 40-17 loss.

deerhunter2
09-11-2012, 12:09 AM
As bad as I want them to be, my beloved Chiefs team is still not a playoff caliber team. This first loss does not mean that they can't pull it together and make it to the playoffs this year. But, they are still not a powerhouse team that can roll right over anyone they face. It does not matter which players that I or any other fan likes or dislikes, so I do not understand why you all keep beating up on one another about it. The reality is that our team is not a high flying powerhouse team that puts fear in all the other teams mind, no matter how bad I wish for them to be. Our Chiefs team is a young team that might turn into the team we all want them to be, but they are not there yet. We the fans can not change what the cap space is, who the GM is, who the coaches are, or which players we have, so fussing with one another changes nothing. I will always cheer for and hope for my Chiefs team to become the team all fans hope for, which is really all that a true fan can do.

Ryfo18
09-11-2012, 12:10 AM
Ryfo we are almost dead last spending wise, money isn't the problem. It's a shame we have so much cap room and still can't sign quality depth, even with the salary floor next year.

You're just looking at this year...I just gave you a concrete example of how if we would have signed Carr, we would have spent 1/3 of our cap money on 4 players NEXT SEASON, that's 2013. It's called foresight.

tornadospotter
09-11-2012, 12:15 AM
All I have to say is. One game is not a season. Being a fan is more than one game. Lets just not sell the season short yet, have some faith. We got spanked! Let it go and get ready for the next game! I have faith, we will win or lose, but always I have faith.
My two words are. Have Faith.

matthewschiefs
09-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Two words Yoda

special teams

bricooper78
09-11-2012, 01:07 AM
yea Yoda...that's a tough deal there---hopefully everyone else is going to have their backup snapper working tomorrow.
Wow.

and I can't say SD looks like anything more than just above average, like usual... so that's promising lol

Ryfo18
09-11-2012, 01:12 AM
Two words Yoda

special teams

That post Hue Jackson offense looks pretty scary too...

fairladyZ
09-11-2012, 01:17 AM
i've never paid this much attention to him but holy hell carson palmer does not have a strong arm at all.

Really Really Really reminds me of palko's arm. Noodle at best

Yoda
09-11-2012, 02:19 AM
Slow your roll Chiefs fans. :whipping1:

The Raiders got there A$$ kicked tonight on O. Turn overs, SPT, lack of depth and HORRIBLE play calling on O did them in.

The D improved abd kept the game within reach. But the O sucked A$$. Damn.....DMAC is all world.....but come one....DMAC on everu play!!!???

Who would of thought a long snapper would make such a HUGE difference?

Anyway, time to prep for a very winnable game vs the Dolphins. :bananen_smilies046:

jap1
09-11-2012, 02:45 AM

The Raiders got there A$$ kicked tonight on O. Turn overs, SPT, lack of depth and HORRIBLE play calling on O did them in.

The D improved abd kept the game within reach. But the O sucked A$$. Damn.....DMAC is all world.....but come one....DMAC on everu play!!!???

Anyway, time to prep for a very winnable game vs the Dolphins. :bananen_smilies046:

Your defense definitely kept you in the game and is going to be a tough D to go against. I look forward to playing you guys later this year.

Seek
09-11-2012, 09:08 AM
I would of resigned Brandon Carr, it would of made a world of a difference

As stated many times in all the Resign Carr thread. Local media has said time an time again that Carr had NO, ZERO, ZILP interest in resigning with the Chiefs. He was going to test Free agency no matter what. He decided this two years ago when Chiefs tried to resign him, just before Flowers got his contract. After Flowers got his contract he knew what he could get on the open market and was going to get it hopefully for a team in the South and a team that played more Man, as opposed to Zone.

This is why the Chiefs went out and Got Routt before Carr even hit Free Agency because he made his intentions clear to the Chiefs and they knew they could not retain him, so they got the next best CB available.

So continue to ingore REALITY and blame Pioli for Being Egotistical Loser who did go out and got a decent replacement.

He can not help the fact that their plans for depth at CB got hurt with J. Brown and Mckenzie.

He went out and got Depth at Safety with Abrams. He can not help that Lewis got hurt and had to use Abrams.

These Quality 3rd string Guys you want, don't exist. They are either starters or back ups and are usually retained by their other team. Finding quality 3rd stringers is trying to catch lightning in a bottle and the Chiefs brought in a lot of DB's this offseason trying to find that guy. So far they have not found that guy.

Give me someone else who you as the Arm Chair GM would have signed.

Seek
09-11-2012, 09:17 AM
So if we are going to Blast the Coaches. How about the fact the Chiefs game plan caught Atlanta off guard. From what I have heard, Atlanta seems to think their pass defense was their strength and expected the Chiefs to run run run. They were not expecting Cassel to beat them. They game out in the second half with ears pinned back ready to get Cassel and did. The Chiefs were expecting this and actually came out running in the second half, but it was not until Charles hit the line, for no gain then ran back for 6 yard lass that then put Cassel in a tough passing situation and everything snow balled from there.

slc chief
09-11-2012, 10:48 AM

i noticed last night dmc looked awesome and full of energy in the first half. then in the second half he looked tired and was getting single tackled for losses. always an issue with him stanima and injury thats why he is not an elite rb

fairladyZ
09-11-2012, 03:54 PM
ding ding ding ding.... and the winner is SEEK.

perfectly said.

#58ChiefsFan
09-11-2012, 07:44 PM
http://media.rob.nu/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/facepalm.gif

slc chief
09-11-2012, 09:04 PM

well the coaching staff should have thought that losing a long snapper would have messed the game up. i mean come on how dumb of a coach do you have to be to not have your backup longsnapper. atleast get some reps especially since we just got out of pre season and all. the gayders are getting clowned on all over today it is funny as hell. and buy the way dmc got tired in the second half it was obvious . he is not all world if he cant play 4 full quarters. here is dmc career so far in a nutshell. come out in the first half try to look bigger than life and then buckle in the second half. do this for 6 games then get injured and collect a check the rest of the year

Yoda
09-11-2012, 10:48 PM
well the coaching staff should have thought that losing a long snapper would have messed the game up. i mean come on how dumb of a coach do you have to be to not have your backup longsnapper. atleast get some reps especially since we just got out of pre season and all. the gayders are getting clowned on all over today it is funny as hell. and buy the way dmc got tired in the second half it was obvious . he is not all world if he cant play 4 full quarters. here is dmc career so far in a nutshell. come out in the first half try to look bigger than life and then buckle in the second half. do this for 6 games then get injured and collect a check the rest of the year

It's no surprise that people bag on the Raiders when their down. The Chiefs don't bring that type of animosity from around the NFL. :punk:

bricooper78
09-11-2012, 10:53 PM
*they're*

:lol: just bustin' yer boy parts man! you know how it is, you're a cool fan, we aren't bagging you!

#58ChiefsFan
09-11-2012, 10:57 PM
After watching your D last night I'd be ultra concerned if I was a phin lineman.

It's gonna be a l-o-n-g day for the rookie qb Sunday.

Yoda
09-11-2012, 11:56 PM
After watching your D last night I'd be ultra concerned if I was a phin lineman.

It's gonna be a l-o-n-g day for the rookie qb Sunday.

Aside from Tommy Kelly's mental crap, overall the D was solid and kept the game within reach.

The concerning part is OC Greg Knapp play calling. It was utterly underwhelming and he did not put his playmakers in positions to make plays. When you can't jump start a run game with DMC, that's a major red flag.

Ryfo18
09-12-2012, 01:06 AM
You guys really need a WR, watching Heywerd Bey makes me sick.

Why didnt they sign Ocho Johnson?

Probably for the same reason the Pats and Dolphins (who have one of the most atrocious WR corps in the NFL) cut him.

Ryfo18
09-12-2012, 08:29 AM
But he's been good with Palmer

I didn't even think about that, but I think both He and Palmer's best (and even mediocre) days are behind them.

Seek
09-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Cassel beat them? This organization is in shambles and you know it. Scott Pioli, the so called drafting genius, after almost botching an entire 2009 draft is finally seeing what he has created. Out of all of his draft picks and offseasons he has aquired 1 pro bowl player for us, and that has been Berry, Cassel is still the questionable qb here and has failed to play well against good teams and actually beat those teams. He has 2 wins against winning teams as a Chief the past 2.5 seasons.

Now we are waiting for 2 players from the HERM era to turn around this defense, are we not? Hali and Flowers.

Yes, in the first half Cassel was freaking awesome. I would not have traded him for any other QB.

I understand your have a very strong hatred towards all things on this team including Pioli, Cassel, the 4th stringers, the water boy, players that left... Fact of the matter, Cassel was killing the Falcons the first half and that is the only reason this game was close for as long as it was.

You are blindly pointing all of the blame at one person, when I will tell you that if Cassel had an offensive line that will gave him time, and a OC that knew what he was doing such as Weis. He would be fine, but if you want to just look at the final results of the team and blame one guy. That is fine, and it is your choice, but dont get upset when people get sick and tired of your constant BLIND beating a dead horse BS opinion over and over again. We don't come here to have you complain in every thread about the same stupid stuff when it has little merit as most people see beyond ONE guy.

The mere fact that you trash Cassel so much and have a name supporting a guy exactly like Cassle screams I am a troll just posting BS on this forum. Yet, most trolls don't waste as much time as you do and eventually get bored and move on until they have another reason to pop up again.

Seek
09-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Really? Because Dunta Robinson, Atlanta's third corner could start in this league

Here is exactly what I am talking about. When would Pioli have signed this 3rd stringer Dunta Robinson to be depth for the Chiefs... When he is signed with the Falcons for Not 3rd string money, not back up money not even starter money but top of the position money.

On March 5, 2010, as an unrestricted free agent, Robinson signed a six-year contract with the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_Falcons"][COLOR=#0000ff]Atlanta Falcons[/COLO worth $57 million with $22.5 million in guaranteed money. According to NFL.com journalist Steve Wyche, it is the 2nd highest contract for a corner back in NFL history (only behind http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nnamdi_Asomugha"][COLOR=#0000ff]Nnamdi Asomugha[/COLO).

3rd string depth are players just drafted waiting to develop into possible starters but contribute on special teams. You get them from the draft or UFA rookies. There is also the 2nd, 3rd and 4th chance players just waiting for things to click. You hope one of them sticks.

Reality is out there. Look for it.

Seek
09-13-2012, 09:23 AM
The fact is he is 1-9 against playoff teams in a Chief uniform (with average ratings in the low 60s) he also only has 2 wins against teams with winning records, we beat the bad and lose to the good, it's the same ol sh** with this regime

Again, I don't see this as one person's fault. The team was completely blown up by Herm Edwards and this year is the first time since then that we have been able to go into camp knowing there was still some holes to fill instead of trying to fill the entire team with the exception of a few positions.

The offensive line was complete crap. It has been completely remade and is still developing with youth and now has some Young depth. Cassel actually had time to throw the ball without pressure immediately this week until the second half when we even struggled running.

We actually had to cut many receivers that I would have liked to keep simply because there was not room. Before, we switched them out after every other game as a trial run.

We have three possibly four decent running backs. Last year, we had one and he got hurt...

So why you see 1-9 as it being Cassel. I see it as a team game becuase that is what the NFL is. It is not golf.

The point I am making about depth at corner. The Chiefs drafted it and they got hurt. You don't just find 3rd string help in FA like Dunta without paying for them and moving them to a starting role.

Seek
09-13-2012, 09:31 AM
You need to get your facts straight before making posts like the one above

Stanford Routt signed with KC almost 2 months before Carr became a FA. Maybe KC assured him they wouldn't re-sign Carr, but the fact is he joined the team as a 3rd CB.

Routt's contract is also very team friendly if he's released after the first year, so if he did perform poorly or decided we needed to go in another direction, we could have released him and still retain some much needed depth in the cb position this year

You are supporting the FACTS. Brandon Carr had ZERO intentions of signing with the Chiefs dating back to two years ago. He made this clear to the Chiefs so they signed Routt as his replacment months before Carr was a FA. The Chiefs tried to retain Carr, but could only franchise one player and they chose to franchise Bowe.

More than one source in the local media is reporting this every time someone like you complains that the Chiefs didn't want to retain Carr.

matthewschiefs
09-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Here's the thing with Carr Bowe and the whole Franchise tag. We were never going to give Carr what he wanted. He wanted to be paid like a number 1 when he was our 2. Flowers had proven better then Carr. We tagged Bowe Because we had the better chance to lock him up. It would be stupid to pay 2 cbs number 1 money. ANd whatever money we gave to Carr Flowers would have then wanted more. Then if we do that we wouldn't have the money in the cap to lock up some of our other players are are coming up on needing to be resigned and we would here the whining about not keeping our guys. We did the smart thing. Carr had not proven he was a number 1 cb and still hasn't maybe he will but we didn't pay a guy number 1 money before he proved he was a 1. I don't think that is a bad move at all

matthewschiefs
09-13-2012, 10:08 PM
I dont like Cassel based on his play the previous 2.5 seasons, I never blamed him for the loss this past sunday, I have previously stated I blame the secondary (All of which are Pioli players)

Yes Cassel did play well, for a whole half :lol: :lol: :lol:

The fact is he is 1-9 against playoff teams in a Chief uniform (with average ratings in the low 60s) he also only has 2 wins against teams with winning records, we beat the bad and lose to the good, it's the same ol sh** with this regime

And yet it's still better then the last regime. Even before this regimes players have all had a chance to develop and adjust to being NFL players.

nigeriannightmare
09-13-2012, 10:31 PM
And yet it's still better then the last regime. Even before this regimes players have all had a chance to develop and adjust to being NFL players.

You mean going from 4-12 to 2-14, to 4-12, and 10-6 is doing better. According to my math....what am I talking about MMO doesn't understand math. he cant possibly see the improvement there.

chief31
09-15-2012, 07:32 AM
21-27 under Pioli and it will get worse than that this year, if that is a considerable improvement to you then we will have to accept mediocrity for forever.

Ya know....

This really isn't even amusing anymore.

21-27 is not an improvement over 10-38 now?

And this endless repetition of the same exact anti-Chiefs sentiments....

How many times can you type in the exact same point of "beat bad teams, not good teams..."?

You used to be an amusement around here. Like "come and witness the horrors a crowd member who refuses reality!" But it doesn't change. You briefly soften up on the reversal of logic. But here you are back the same old BS again.......

As far as I am concerned, you have just run your course here.

AussieChiefsFan
09-15-2012, 08:56 AM
Ya know....

This really isn't even amusing anymore.

21-27 is not an improvement over 10-38 now?

And this endless repetition of the same exact anti-Chiefs sentimentss....

How many times can type in the exact same point of "beat bad teams, not good teams..."?

You used to be an amusement around here. Like "come and witness the horrors a crowd member who refuses reality!" But it doesn't change. You briefly soften up on the reversal of logic. But here you are back the same old BS again.......

Too Right :bananen_smilies046:

#58ChiefsFan
09-15-2012, 09:05 AM
And this endless repetition of the same exact anti-Chiefs sentimentss....

+2 :beat_DeadHorse:

matthewschiefs
09-15-2012, 10:21 AM
You mean we didn't want to cough up cash for a good corner? Surprising.

Yes, we sure did do the smart thing, the way Atlanta mauled us last Sunday, our secondary looks great.

Routt, Reeves, and Lamb, The Three Stooges

Yes because we were at full strenght on defense for that game to. It wasn't like we were missing our number 1 pass rusher. Our number 1 corner. A safety in kendrick lewis. no they all just sucked that game. Come on give me a break. ANY team that has 4 players out is going to suffer like we did since Toribio was also out. Show me 1 defense that was missing 4 players that didn't suffer for a game. Add to that one of the best offense in the game over the last couple of years come on my man get over your hatred for Pioli and be the realist you claim to be.

Baldwin didn't play much if any I don't know for sure but it's ONE GAME. Maybe there was a reason he didn't play that we don't know about? Could that be possible? Lets see more then one game. If he doesn't do anything all season then I will agree that things are not going well with him. But not after 1 game this year. It's a 16 game season. You're overreacting.

And you're missing my point IF we gave Carr the money that he wanted you would then whine about how bad Pioli is when guys like Bowe,Dorsey,Albert all leave. If we paid 2 guys number 1 money at the same spot we wouldn't have money to resign those guys and the future draft picks. That's why some of our cap room is there to be able to keep our guys in KC.

And we might not have beaten many of the "good teams" but with herm king carl we weren't beating ANYONE. How is it that they get praised and Pioli gets hate? The bottom line is 6-26 is HORRIBLE and Pioli still has more wins in one season then they did in 2. Yet you give them the credit for this team for 4 out of the 53 players? Realist? REALLY?

Eydugstr
09-16-2012, 05:29 AM
King Carl was 29-18 in his first three seasons as gm, that included 2 trips to the playoffs and a playoff victory. Just showing you that King Carl's pretty good numbers as GM when he took over an equally as bad Chiefs team that was 4-11-1 the year before should make you shudder and feel sick.

Ahem...It helps to have Marty Schottenheimer as a head coach. Don't take my word for it, either. Ask the Cleveland Browns or San Diego Chargers fans what the win/loss record was after Marty departed, or before he got there.

King Carl was 29-18 in his first three seasons as gm, that included 2 trips to the playoffs and a playoff victory. Just showing you that King Carl's pretty good numbers as GM when he took over

And despite those numbers, I'd still rather have Pioli over King Carl, which is saying something. King Carl had years to get it together and blew it. The jury is still out on Pioli.

:chiefs:

nigeriannightmare
09-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Not trying to be smart here but how did you get 10-38?

We were 15-33 under Herm, 38-26 with Vermeil, King Carl also had a solid record in his first 3 years.

21-28 under Pioli.

Second question, what is it going to take for you to honestly admit Pioli was a mistake? Another losing season? Honestly.

Why any one continues to engage you astounds me. Your logic is unnerving actually and makes me feel sad that people in society can harbor such negativity and animosity for a team that is supposed to bring joy.

And quit saying you want the chiefs to succeed every member on this board knows you are full of crap.

chief31
09-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Not trying to be smart here but how did you get 10-38?

We were 15-33 under Herm, 38-26 with Vermeil, King Carl also had a solid record in his first 3 years.

21-28 under Pioli.

Second question, what is it going to take for you to honestly admit Pioli was a mistake? Another losing season? Honestly.

Have a look at who you are this Chiefs site.

You have more spite.for this team than Yoda does.

Your name.is anti-Chiefs. (Yes I know you tried to change it)
Your favorite past Chiefs player is sarcasm against. a former Chief.
Your signature is.an attempted.wise.crack against Th Chiefs.
Your signature also includes a secondary anti-Chiefs remark.

And then. There is you every comment on the site. Would you like to try and count the comments you have made that do not include anti-Chiefs sentiments? If you do, I am just going to show that it is well under 10% of your comments.

Again... I think Yoda has more comments without the antagonism against Chiefs fans that you do.

It is not the least bit unfair to you that you have been attacked as a troll here. Most trolls are far less "troll-like" than you have been.here.

And yes... I misspoke on Herms record. But it is still horrible, and the biggest point in comparing his and Pioli' s is the trend.

Herm took a winner and drove it into the dirt at 2-14. Pioli took THAT horrible team and has us going 7-9 even without the most important player on the team, and a few other very important players.

Herm.turned this team around. And so did Pioli.

They have THAT in common.