PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Carr

jb908
09-09-2012, 04:57 PM
It was a mistake letting him go. However many millions under the cap we are. We could have easily picked up his contract. This is a passing league and another good corner would have kept Julio Jones from dominated us today.
First time I am saying this since Pioli came on... Poor job letting him go.

MissingTBone
09-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Agree, we had enough under the cap to give him a nice payday. Woulda much rather kept Carr and let Bowe hit the market.

rodu
09-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Dallas still would have beaten our best offer, they way overpaid for him

#58ChiefsFan
09-09-2012, 06:28 PM

^^^ T H I S ^^^

fairladyZ
09-09-2012, 06:32 PM
not to mention there are reports out there that say Pioli wanted to make a deal with carr but carr didn't even want to talk to KC cause as soon as wind got out dallas wanted him he knew he was going to get paid alot more and wanted out of KC as he would never be the #1 here

matthewschiefs
09-09-2012, 06:32 PM

THEY DID I watched him there first game he did well still got burnt and really got lucky late in the game that a WR dropped a ball or he would have given up a td. I think people are overrating what Carr did in KC a bit. He was good but he wasn't worth what Dallas paid. We were smart not to overpay like that for him

MissingTBone
09-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Could have franchised him though, right? If he gets franchised he is here unless we trade him then??

fairladyZ
09-09-2012, 07:00 PM
but even franchised he would have been being paid more than we are paying bowe to be franchised.

Thats why we didn't cause he would have been i think the #2 paid corner in the NFL if we franchised him

Hayvern
09-09-2012, 07:05 PM
It hurt to let him go, but he was going to cost a lot of money and I don't think Carr wanted to be here anymore.

MissingTBone
09-09-2012, 07:06 PM
I just hope we have Flowers back next week!!

chief31
09-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Part of it has to be that you can not pay your #2 CB more than your #1, who just got his extension that season.

The Cowboys were desperate for starting CBs They were going to get him.

I think the best chance Pioli had of keeping him would have been prior to the season's end. But my gut tells me that Carr was fully aware that he was going to get a better deal than Flowers.if he hit the market.

I would have liked to have seen Bowe get a long-term deal, allowing us to tag Carr. But it.seemed like guesswork as to which would be easier to get into a deal.

rodu
09-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Anyways, it's a bit early, but I'm already planning next years vacation so who cares. Maybe draft a corner in round 1 or 2 next year

Lord-Chiefy
09-09-2012, 08:38 PM
omg hes gone..let it go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pioli sucks!!!!!!!!!

chief31
09-09-2012, 10:41 PM
omg hes gone..let it go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pioli sucks!!!!!!!!!

If you don't want to talk about it,.then feel free not to.

2010chiefs
09-09-2012, 11:38 PM
should have drafted corners this years draft. Draft a qb next year first round.

Seek
09-10-2012, 09:15 AM
From what I have heard from local media, and given that is the source. Carr had decided before last year that he was not going sign any contract with the Chiefs until he tested Free Agency. Once Flowers got his contract, he knew he was not going to get that money from the Chiefs and didn't even give the Chiefs a chance to resign, as he wanted to go to south and to a team that played more Man to man.

chief31
09-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Why can't Pioli add solid depth to the CB position?

ROT, OG, C, NT, LB, TE and starting CB..... Seems he had a lot of positions to cover this past off-season, hunh?

But hey.... We only have 10 DBs on the active roster. Maybe the.coaching staff missed on who they wanted here?

But seriously...... What kind of question is that?

Sure.... His job is to get the talent on the roster, and our backup CB looked terrible yesterday.

If you think that costs a GM his job, then good luck continuing to root for crashing the team to start all over yet again.

Myself, I would prefer to see the team we have now succeed, as opposed to praying for them to fail bad enough to get everybody fired so we can go.back to looking for the top draft pick.

tornadospotter
09-11-2012, 01:14 AM
Brandon Carr is not a Chief. So why care? This a Chiefs Site.