PDA

View Full Version : I don't like the sound or where this is going already....

fairladyZ
09-09-2012, 05:54 PM
from arrowhead pride:

Peyton Hillis (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/34972/peyton-hillis) only has 16 yards rushing. After the game the media is ushered down to the locker room. We wait right outside the locker room door until Romeo Crennel addresses the team and the media can enter. Before Romoe came out, Peyton Hillis was seen walking out of the locker room. It was probably the fastest I've ever seen a player get changed and exit. I'm not sure what happened there but he probably wasn't happy with his seven-carry, 16-yard performance.

link to article for good, bad, ugly

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/9/9/3306140/kc-chiefs-collapse-the-good-bad-and-ugly

#58ChiefsFan
09-09-2012, 06:45 PM
I don't think it's time to hit the panic button on Hillis yet. Before the first possession by the Chiefs offense during the TV timeout Peyton twice walked back tword the end-zone and raised his arms to get the crowd into it. Cassel had to go get him and pull him into the huddle when it was time to go.

The guy is a fierce competitor. I'll agree he was probably mad about the way things went, once he calms down and the adrenalin stops flowing I'm convinced Daboll will jump in his *** and get him lined out. I wish the whole team was that mad. The way that second half went they should be.

fairladyZ
09-09-2012, 06:47 PM
oh i agree i'm not hiting panic button at all i hope hillis kills it for us. But after all the talk about the cancer he was with clevland last year and he didn't have a good game. maybe it's cause he thought he should get more carries i dunno. I just hope this doesn't turn into an issue like it did real quick with clevland last year. I'm not going to lie i kinda have a bad feeling about it already.

#58ChiefsFan
09-09-2012, 06:55 PM
I would too if Daboll wasn't here. I'll admit I thought Hillis was a bit of a dangerous pick up given his history but going back to when he was all pro and having the same OC here now gave me a little bit of ease with the situation. Just hope I'm not going to be disappointed with that attitude.

fairladyZ
09-09-2012, 06:56 PM
me 2 hope they get it under controll and he starts rumbling again.. guess it's just something to keep an eye on at this point

#58ChiefsFan
09-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Hillis is Thomas Jones 2.0

Not even close. Once over reaction settles down and we move forward you will be proven wrong on that. I guarantee you.

Hayvern
09-09-2012, 07:07 PM
You didn't see my season prediction thread, did you Chiefs Fan? I dont have much faith in Hillis

You don't have much faith in anyone.

#58ChiefsFan
09-09-2012, 07:11 PM
You didn't see my season prediction thread, did you Chiefs Fan? I dont have much faith in Hillis

You're entitled to that opinion but don't be surprised when he destroys the numbers Jones put up here in the final years of what was once a solid career.

This was so far from a make or break game for the Charles/Hillis tandem. It shouldn't be a big surprise that facing a team with the air attack of Atlanta that the running backs would not be a big feature of the game plan.

Coach
09-09-2012, 09:30 PM

You dont have faith in anything Chiefs related. All I read is your compaints about one thing or another regarding the Chiefs. Go somewhere and complain about the Cowboys, Mr. Orton Lover.

Sick Dog
09-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Totally with you here Coach...I try to take some positives with anything they are doing and I will be realistic if they have games like this later on in the season but for now come on...so negative why put yourself through so much agony if I felt this way I would just give it up:ninerssuck:

nigeriannightmare
09-10-2012, 12:20 PM

He has faith in kyle orton, drew brees, peyton manning, tom brady, aaron rodgers, phillip rivers, just not any wearing red and gold.

Seek
09-10-2012, 12:33 PM
You dont have faith in anything Chiefs related. All I read is your compaints about one thing or another regarding the Chiefs. Go somewhere and complain about the Cowboys, Mr. Orton Lover.

someone needed a cool down period. Normally one of the most cool headed people on this forum showing some frustration. Even though I completely agree with your post.

Seek
09-10-2012, 12:40 PM
To be honest, I heard Hillis making some comments in the off season that lead me to believe that he felt that he was going to be the Key HB with Charles giving him a spell every once in a while.

The fact that Charles carried the ball 16 times, Draughn carried it 6 times all in the second half with no sign of Hillis after his 7 carries. Has me thinking he either got hurt and was upset, or essentionally got benched for something and was upset about that.

Hayvern
09-10-2012, 05:50 PM
someone needed a cool down period. Normally one of the most cool headed people on this forum showing some frustration. Even though I completely agree with your post.

Well I was certainly frustrated after that game yesterday. Good grief, where in the wide wide world of sports did the offense go in the second half?

And were was the defense the entire game? We stopped the run in the first half, but Ryan just ripped us apart through the air. Then in the second half, Atlanta just pretty much did whatever they wanted to do to us.

Another thing I noticed yesterday. Bowe and Cassel are on a very short leash with the fans, and rightfully so, but booing them in the stadium? Yeah, that is the Arrowhead that I know and love... NOT!

Lord-Chiefy
09-10-2012, 07:45 PM
if its this bad now..wait till its 0-3 or 0-4.. maybe bill cower will coach next year?

bricooper78
09-10-2012, 09:37 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Bowe should be booed. He wasn't there trying to better himself, or the team.
I get under 1 percent of what he gets paid, and get jerked around constantly.
They are rich as hell, and can't show up to practice because their snatch hurts because they didn't get a powerball sized paycheck? please. I have no sympathy.

nigeriannightmare
09-10-2012, 10:12 PM
You're entitled to that opinion but don't be surprised when he destroys the numbers Jones put up here in the final years of what was once a solid career.

This was so far from a make or break game for the Charles/Hillis tandem. It shouldn't be a big surprise that facing a team with the air attack of Atlanta that the running backs would not be a big feature of the game plan.

Not to mention that Atlanta is a run stopping defense. 3rd in the league last year and we averaged 4.6 against them. That's very encouraging.

Chiefster
09-10-2012, 11:05 PM

...Typed the words right off my keyboard. :lol:

tornadospotter
09-11-2012, 12:26 AM
First Game, and all is lost, no Faith in a Team, after one game. Sorry I do not buy into that, will take more for me.

Lazeye
09-11-2012, 12:52 PM
because you bought tickets again!:banghead:

#58ChiefsFan
09-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Why should I have faith again?

You are so freaking negative I have no idea. For the rest of the world it would be because we have yet to see our entire starting offense and defense on the field at the same time in over a year. Hell let me see this team missing just a couple starters.

Lord-Chiefy
09-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Hey Orton even if your team the cow girls list as many starters as we have.. you probably would have lost your first game too.

Canada
09-12-2012, 11:04 AM
-I really don't, we look absolutely awful without Flowers or Hali in the game, it's sad that we have to rely on those 2 guys to turn around this defense

-I saw very little pressure on Matt Ryan

-Our secondary/ backup corners look absolutely awful

-We severely lack CB and LB depth

-Hillis, supposedly a good pickup in the offseason had 16 yards on the ground, then stormed out before any media could talk to him, he was a headcase last year, I hope it doesn't happen again

-I paid 150 bucks to go to the game to see a horrible performance, it was the same thing last year.

Why should I have faith again?No pressure without out #1 pass rusher and no starting NT? They threw aginst out #3 CB.

Hilis didnt get yards...did any other RBs?

do you even watch the games?

Seek
09-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Who was missing on the offensive side of the ball?

Anyway you cut it, you are relying on our 2 best defensive players, who are from the herm era to turn this defense around.

No, They are waiting on Lewis, Brown and McKenzie as well as Tiribio too.

There were 4 starters missing from the defense, Not just the TWO players Herm actually hit on, plus Back up to Flowers, J. Brown who was hurt.

#58ChiefsFan
09-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Who was missing on the offensive side of the ball?

Anyway you cut it, you are relying on our 2 best defensive players, who are from the herm era to turn this defense around.

Bull****

I'm relying on all 11 guys to turn the defense around, it's a team sport

Lord-Chiefy
09-13-2012, 09:44 PM
I am so suck of I Orton. Pls stop quoting him fir US that use ignore

Chiefster
09-13-2012, 09:54 PM
When you see him in a quote do not read it.

chief31
09-14-2012, 09:52 PM
When you see him in a quote do not read it.

MMOs comments are like stumbling upon a fresh murder scene.

As completely horrible and disgusting as it may be, it is hard to not look.:lol:

matthewschiefs
09-15-2012, 10:29 AM
Oh yeah, Jalil Brown he has just looked absolutely magnificent, he is the second coming of Donald Washington.

Toribio, Mckenzie and brown are all expendable. Lewis is solid.

Brown is in his 2nd year he isn't the player he's going to be in the end yet. OH wait it's only herm's guys that get the chance to develop DARN THAT PIOLI for not GETTING GUYS WHO COME IN WITH NO NFL EXPERIENCE AND BE AT THERE PEAK. LOOK I'm a realist now :yahoo:

Toribio is also part of our defense he has his role and he was missing last week. Brown could still develop into a good solid player. Mckenzie I'm not so high on either but I will give him a chance which means more then 1 game.

Lord-Chiefy
09-15-2012, 10:53 AM
As I'm concerened were at a 4 game losing streak...Blaw outs too.

chief31
09-15-2012, 11:40 AM
15 games until we clean house

Keep pretending to be rooting for The Chiefs.

You and I know that you cheered when Matt Cassel threw that second INT last weekend. Did you cheer outloud?

We both know that you will be thrilled with every slight imperfection you see from Matt Cassel, and any player brought here by Scott Pioli.

You were absolutely not right about 2011. You were not here on this account then, but I guarantee that you had this team at no better than 5-11, and they finished two games better despite the incredible player losses.

I guarantee that you were wrong about 2010. Pioli and Cassel were both here, so no need to try and convince me that you had high expectations.

It is one thing to have low expectations. I have been there plenty of times.

It is even reasonable to think that a player, coach or GM is wrong for the team. I think almost all sports team fans have been there.

But when you are rooting against your team, you are no longer a fan of that team. Say what you want, but when you are happy at the suffering of a team, then you are not a fan of that team.

I know Raiders fans, and Broncos fans who are not nearly as thrilled with seeing The Chiefs struggle as you have been, just since having this MMO account on here.

And if you really aren't Timmy, then you need to seek him out, because he is the only person I have ever known to claim fandom of a team that he literally rooted against.

Think back to your first banning here. Do you remember screaming out your joy when The Broncos made an INT against The Chiefs?

I think you have a genuine hatred for The Chiefs that has been going on for several years.

And I think you have an obsession with trolling The Crowd.

#58ChiefsFan
09-16-2012, 06:42 AM
Right, Brown is the second coming of Donald Washington. Just give Donald Washington more experience guys! He will be good i know it!

FYI

Washington isn't even on this team anymore so it's going to be tough to give him more experience.

chief31
09-16-2012, 11:57 AM
I just want to be good, that's all.

See... I don't believe THIS.

We have climbed from being 2-14 to get to 10-6 division champs and then got decimated by season long injuries, and you HATE IT.

Your endless repetition about beating the bad teams is completely contradictory to the concept of wanting this team to be good.

We went from not beating anybody to beating the bad teams, and even the occasional good team, and you reject.that, claiming to "want to be good", as if it either happens immediately, or not at all.

You can babble all you want about how we weren't't beating the good teams, and whatever player you hate, but it all seems to stem from a deep hatred for Pioli. And the written in stone fact is that he has gotten this team to get far better results than what they had been prior to his arrival.

It rarely works like a lottery, where a terrible team is just instantly transformed into world heaters.

The way a team.becomes good is through progress. And you are far too coherent to not realize that.

But the way you present yourself as being so happy about all problems, and so quiet about all successes has totally convinced me that you are NOT rooting for this team, and that you certainly DO NOT have a sincere desire to see this team win.

matthewschiefs
09-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Right, Brown is the second coming of Donald Washington. Just give Donald Washington more experience guys! He will be good i know it!

You don't no how good he is going to be or not good he is going to be. Don't you remember where we were when the "impact players" you talk about and praise Herm and cp where when they first got to KC. 2-14 Piolis guys are way ahead of that in less time yet you praise herm and cp for a few guys bash Pioli every post you can. No matter how much you want to pretend that Pioli hasn't done a good job he has GREATLY IMPROVED this team. Again more wins in one season twice then Herm and cp did in 2 full seasons what more needs to be said

KCraised
09-19-2012, 03:14 PM
I don't think it's time to hit the panic button on Hillis yet. Before the first possession by the Chiefs offense during the TV timeout Peyton twice walked back tword the end-zone and raised his arms to get the crowd into it. Cassel had to go get him and pull him into the huddle when it was time to go.

The guy is a fierce competitor. I'll agree he was probably mad about the way things went, once he calms down and the adrenalin stops flowing I'm convinced Daboll will jump in his *** and get him lined out. I wish the whole team was that mad. The way that second half went they should be.

Not ready to give up on Hillis, either. Not even close to...

aasimon
09-19-2012, 11:50 PM
Not ready to give up on Hillis, either. Not even close to...

It's way too early to give up on anybody that just joined the team in the offseason.

Miami started last season, what, 0-7? Then they went on to win 6 of their last 9. Improvement as the season progresses is what this team should aim for.

IslandKing77
09-20-2012, 01:45 AM
I would be pissed off too if I was Hillis. Every time he runs for a decent chunk of yards they pull him out of the game. As if, how dare he pick up 4 - 6 yards on first down. If it's not 3rd down and 12 so we can throw an 8 yard pass then it's not Chiefs football.

This team is ****ed. They need to bench Cassel, fire Daboll and let Zorn call plays.

Let Quinn finish the season to see if there is anything in him that's been cooking for the years he's been sidelined. If it becomes painfully obvious there isn't anything to Quinn then play Stanzi. If none of these guys have any ability its best we know right now so we can get a QB in the draft.

#58ChiefsFan
09-20-2012, 10:53 AM
I'd give Cassel this week and depending on his performance possibly up until the Ravens game. If we are going to keep the status quo Romeo set when he took over as interim, and your qb is not producing, bring the next guy in line up.

Seek
09-20-2012, 12:34 PM
I'd give Cassel this week and depending on his performance possibly up until the Ravens game. If we are going to keep the status quo Romeo set when he took over as interim, and your qb is not producing, bring the next guy in line up.

Wasn't that just a politically nice way to say Palko Sucks and of course we will start Orton this week.

#58ChiefsFan
09-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Wasn't that just a politically nice way to say Palko Sucks and of course we will start Orton this week.

Mostly.

I still don't buy the Haley sabatoge excuse, I don't believe that Palko was starting the next game regardless of Romeo taking over. IMO that was the most convenient time to make it look like Haley was the biggest problem. Whatever the extent of Ortons injury was I believe took that long to heal, Todd tried to get Kyle going weeks before but like everything last year it ended with an injury.

Seek
09-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Mostly.

I still don't buy the Haley sabatoge excuse, I don't believe that Palko was starting the next game regardless of Romeo taking over. IMO that was the most convenient time to make it look like Haley was the biggest problem. Whatever the extent of Ortons injury was I believe took that long to heal, Todd tried to get Kyle going weeks before but like everything last year it ended with an injury.

He dislocated his finger throwing that flea flicker.

LlamaNinja
09-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Has a Flea Flicker even worked for the team?

#58ChiefsFan
09-20-2012, 05:02 PM
2010 against the niners was the last one I remember working, think it was for a td.

Seek
09-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Has a Flea Flicker even worked for the team?

It certainly did not work in against Atlanta.

Last trick play I remember working was when Tyler Thigpen lined up as a receiver and acted like he was blocking when he took off for a TD.

Lord-Chiefy
09-21-2012, 11:27 AM
2010 against the niners was the last one I remember working, think it was for a td.

Yup it was after they failed miseRly at one.

LlamaNinja
09-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Yup it was after they failed miseRly at one.
It reminds me of the wildcat... it works but rarely.