PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 positives - the season isnt over!

#58ChiefsFan
09-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Kansas City's Offense led the following stats yesterday

Time of Possesion
100% Red Zone Efficiency
All Rushing Statistics including a 4.6 YPC for the team
Total Drives
69% Efficiency on Third down
First Down Total

Atlanta Falcons vs. Kansas City Chiefs - Box Score - September 09, 2012 - ESPN (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=320909012)

If this team can get consistency at the coaching level the talent is in place. :chiefs:

Hayvern
09-10-2012, 05:53 PM
It was pretty glaring that our secondary is hurting and Tamba's suspension is killing us. I was disappointed to see the field goal miss as well. Honestly, the offense looked alright in the first half, but was completely out of sorts in the second, and our defense did not show up to play.

That will be the recipe to beat us if we do not do better.

Lord-Chiefy
09-10-2012, 07:39 PM
no its not over..unless we dont get flowers back and DJ and the rest of our linebackers dont pull head from ars.

matthewschiefs
09-10-2012, 08:28 PM
We are ahead of where we were a year ago. The offense played much better then week 1 a year ago. And we have 0 guys out with ACL tears. The sky is not falling

KCMASS
09-11-2012, 08:07 AM
I don't post here often, but I come in everyday to read the different threads. I like the positive attitude! Granted...Our D looked horrible, but let's get back Hali, Flowers, DJ & Lewis. Would be nice to win away @ Buffalo even though we don't have a great track record against them as of late. Plenty of games left!

azchiefsfan
09-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Our OL is just worlds better than last year. Strangely, our DL ran out of gas by halftime and were just going through the motions in the second half. Berry can't cover 3 receivers. Where the h@!! was the rest of the secondary? The season isn't over, but our defense is in serious disarray. I thought Crennel was a defensive guy?

#58ChiefsFan
09-11-2012, 12:43 PM
One of my biggest complaints of the offense under Todd Haley was the inability to convert third downs. To be in the 70% neighborhood is a giant step forward.

We still have yet to see Flowers and Routt in a game at the same time.

Hopefully Pioli can find some vets to bring in that can contribute more, it sounds like Torribio is going to be out for awhile.

azchiefsfan
09-11-2012, 12:57 PM
I am really happy that Cassel was very good against an insanely aggressive defense, also. I give him a B+/A-. Not even myexcuseorton can attempt to put this loss on Cassel.

#58ChiefsFan
09-11-2012, 01:28 PM
I am really happy that Cassel was very good against an insanely aggressive defense, also. I give him a B+/A-. Not even myexcuseorton can attempt to put this loss on Cassel.

I'd take that bet :lol:

Cassel was impressive the first half, he just tried to make chicken salad out of chicken.... the second half.

fairladyZ
09-11-2012, 08:56 PM
NFL Total Quarterback Rating - National Football League - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr)

according to ESPN total QB rating he was 7th in the league. Ahead of ALOT of big names people call franchise qb's

#58ChiefsFan
09-11-2012, 09:15 PM
NFL Total Quarterback Rating - National Football League - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr)

according to ESPN total QB rating he was 7th in the league. Ahead of ALOT of big names people call franchise qb's

Nice find!

:bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
09-11-2012, 10:19 PM
But how can this be! The Chiefs lost, the first game of the season! How can we be positive, when the sky is falling and the season is over! Well I guess we will just have to muddle thru. :D