PDA

View Full Version : Ideas

Subversion
09-16-2012, 05:46 PM
A lot of people seem to be have been hanging out with Henry the VIII recently since they are calling for everyones head.

I have a simple question.

Name the 3 people that if we got rid of/replaced would have the biggest POSITIVE impact on THIS season.

Name the 3 people that if we got rid of/replaced would have the biggest POSITIVE impact on FUTURE seasons.

List the names and a brief reason why, and feel free to speculate of what direction you would go if in charge.

Management and the Coaching Staff are fair game
You can list the type of Systems we use: I.E. 3-4 defense

People want change after week 2...lets see what simple moves/cuts would really helps us out the rest of the way.

LlamaNinja
09-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Cassel- He loses to winning teams and when any team starts beating him it is game over.
Daboll- He has made Charles and everyone else on that side of the ball ineffective and useless.
Anyone on the "Front 3"- I dont know when they decided to become useless but it has sadly happened.

This season we had a shot at Tannenhill, Manning, and RG3 yet we didnt go after anything... we might have tried but we didnt have any rumors come up WHICH to me shows the hardest guy we tried for was Manning and that was probably a lowball offer.

matthewschiefs
09-16-2012, 06:37 PM
The biggest Idea I can think of is remove Romeo as head coach and DC 2 hats was to many for Haley and it hurt the team it's to much for Romeo and it hurts the team.

LlamaNinja
09-16-2012, 06:48 PM
What about that Rg3.... ugh

jc25
09-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Gotta get rid of Cassel and get QB first round next year... This is the #1 think IMO that will help this team. We have way to good of a receiving/rushing team to not be able to put up points. Almost shut out in the first half. Said it last year 100000 times if we didn't get a QB and get rid of Cassel it would be the same old stuff.

#58ChiefsFan
09-16-2012, 07:03 PM
What about that Rg3.... ugh

He is in a different situation but from what the intangibles show I cant think of a reason today why we wouldnt have been better off trading our entire draft to get him.

A mobile dangerous QB with the WRs and RBs we have? Damn.

LlamaNinja
09-16-2012, 07:30 PM
He is in a different situation but from what the intangibles show I cant think of a reason today why we wouldnt have been better off trading our entire draft to get him.

A mobile dangerous QB with the WRs and RBs we have? Damn.
Yeah I mean when we didnt trade for him I was thinking well we must have some importants picks in mind. Our 1st rounder wasnt even labeled a starter. Our 2nd rounder I also havent heard anything from and that plus MAYBE a 3rd or 4th probably would have gotten it for us. That is a little much but it would be a much needed fix. A good QB makes a sub par oline look better.
ALSO I think we could have traded down for Poe... OR we should have got that LB Ingram(I think) that the Chargers got. I dont think Poe will be a bust overall but an 11th overall pick SHOULD have been a starter.

drstandley31
09-16-2012, 08:32 PM
A little late for quick fixes! The stupid moves over the past 6 years leave us with this! And now we have a HC that's obviously (proven by his history) not up to having a team ready to play. And hired his buddy OC from the same stinking team that he once coached, Cleveland. We got Cleveland's cast offs, how sad is that!

chief31
09-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Now?

Nobody.

At the end of the year?

I will need to see the rest of the season.

While I expected a sluggish start, I did't expect this defense to be the problem. If we get that fixed, and the Oline gets their run-blocking smoothed out, then I see no reason why this team can't do what they are supposed to do.

There is no way I expect this defense to continue on their current path. I am confident that things will get going in the right direction within the next couple of weeks.

But then, I didn't light.my hair on fire and run down the street naked and crying today, so maybe I am the wrong guy to ask.

matthewschiefs
09-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Now?

Nobody.

At then of the year?

While I expected a sluggish start, I did't expect this defense to be the problem. If we get that fixed, and the Oline gets their run-blocking smoothed out, then I see no reason why this team can't do what they are supposed to do.

There is no way I expect this defense to continue on their current path. I am confident that things will get going in the right direction within the next couple of weeks.

But then, I didn't light.my hair on fire and run down the street naked and crying today, so maybe I am the wrong guy to ask.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chiefster
09-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Now?

Nobody.

At the end of the year?

We agreed never to speak of this; I told you it was an allergic reaction to NyQuil! :11:

matthewschiefs
09-16-2012, 11:33 PM
We agreed never to speak of this; I told you it was an allergic reaction to NyQuil! :11:

:lol: :lol:

LlamaNinja
09-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Why is it always everyone BUT Matt Cassel?

Chiefster
09-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Why is it always everyone BUT Matt Cassel?

I think most people believe it to be the team which happens to include Matt Cassel.

matthewschiefs
09-16-2012, 11:51 PM
I think most people believe it to be the team which happens to include Matt Cassel.

THIS

I defend Cassel Because he's the only one some hold accountable no matter what. There are more things that go wrong then Matt Cassel yet all we here are things like "if we had a real qb" It's not that simple folks

LlamaNinja
09-16-2012, 11:59 PM
THIS

I defend Cassel Because he's the only one some hold accountable no matter what. There are more things that go wrong then Matt Cassel yet all we here are things like "if we had a real qb" It's not that simple folks
Well I think they want that Alpha Male for a QB that takes control. Peyton Manning and Rivers might be the biggest douchebags I know as they yell at WR's (Rivers a little more) but they do win games. Cassel isnt the primary problem ALL the time but he always seems to be around when we have one(the reason I dislike him) combine that with him never scanning the field. It really annoys me when he scores in garbage time as well at least put Quinn in with the starters to just SEE what will happen. I hate this reference as one fan will flip on the page about me talking about it
Inside the NFL - Chiefs vs Packers - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-AYmn65fVw&feature=player_detailpage#t=23s)
Cassel just always seems so weird when he scans the field it never feels too good(I am hoping he is at least i can never really tell).

matthewschiefs
09-17-2012, 12:04 AM
Well I think they want that Alpha Male for a QB that takes control. Peyton Manning and Rivers might be the biggest douchebags I know as they yell at WR's (Rivers a little more) but they do win games. Cassel isnt the primary problem ALL the time but he always seems to be around when we have one(the reason I dislike him) combine that with him never scanning the field. It really annoys me when he scores in garbage time as well at least put Quinn in with the starters to just SEE what will happen. I hate this reference as one fan will flip on the page about me talking about it
Inside the NFL - Chiefs vs Packers - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-AYmn65fVw&feature=player_detailpage#t=23s)
Cassel just always seems so weird when he scans the field it never feels too good(I am hoping he is at least i can never really tell).

I wouldn't mind seeing Quinn either to be honest. If Cassel struggles next week against a bad saints d trust me I will let people no. But I just don't hold him to a higher accoutabilty then everyone else. All I ask if your going to be critical of Cassel when he messes up you be just as critical of everyone else when they mess up

LlamaNinja
09-17-2012, 12:12 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Quinn either to be honest. If Cassel struggles next week against a bad saints d trust me I will let people no. But I just don't hold him to a higher accoutabilty then everyone else. All I ask if your going to be critical of Cassel when he messes up you be just as critical of everyone else when they mess up
Well the score shows that both the DEF and OFF sucked. Berry is horrendous from his injury(I HOPE). Charles isnt really taking flight neither is Hillis for that matter. The guys that look the best to me is Boss and in 2nd McCluster 3rd is Houston. EVEN Hali isnt looking great.
Also if we drafted for depth... why is it with the few injuries we have we look as bad as we did last year?

matthewschiefs
09-17-2012, 12:18 AM
Well the score shows that both the DEF and OFF sucked. Berry is horrendous from his injury(I HOPE). Charles isnt really taking flight neither is Hillis for that matter. The guys that look the best to me is Boss and in 2nd McCluster 3rd is Houston. EVEN Hali isnt looking great.
Also if we drafted for depth... why is it with the few injuries we have we look as bad as we did last year?

I'm hoping Hali today was just rust since he was out a week. That's the only thing I can think of.

The rest of the D I'm hoping Romeo gives up the DC role. I think right now he has to much on his plate. I think it's having its effect. He clearly didn't learn the lesson from Haley. It's just to much for most head coaches these days. I'm hoping we see that changed and the d gets back on track outside of that I'm lost

LlamaNinja
09-17-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm hoping Hali today was just rust since he was out a week. That's the only thing I can think of.

The rest of the D I'm hoping Romeo gives up the DC role. I think right now he has to much on his plate. I think it's having its effect. He clearly didn't learn the lesson from Haley. It's just to much for most head coaches these days. I'm hoping we see that changed and the d gets back on track outside of that I'm lost
My wife isnt a huge fan but yeah she wondered what happen to our def. She also hates Matt Cassel. :lol:

drstandley31
09-17-2012, 12:25 AM
This team didn't want to work a deal with Carr, and with a few injuries, we have zero secondary. The schemes on D seem to be awful and all romeo says is, if they do their jobs they should be fine. Great, thanks for that R. Maybe if you do your job things will be fine. But that didn't work in Cleveland either did it?

LlamaNinja
09-17-2012, 12:40 AM
The theme for the chiefs from players to coaches. It is fine if your a failure... we will take you anyways.
I dont think we will lose all the games but somehow we are gonna end up around the 7-9 record again.

jc25
09-17-2012, 12:53 AM
I just hope we keep loosing out.. Romeo gets kicked to the d only and we can get a real QB to lead the team. Guarantee these games would have been easy wins with RG3 as QB or Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or Eli Manning or Matt Ryan or Arron Rodgers or Matt Stafford or Micheal Vick or Tony Romo or his back up Kyle Orton or Sanchez or Freaking Tim Teebow! LOL. God Matt Cassel is a joke. Idk why everyone can't see that....

matthewschiefs
09-17-2012, 12:56 AM
I just hope we keep loosing out.. Romeo gets kicked to the d only and we can get a real QB to lead the team. Guarantee these games would have been easy wins with RG3 as QB or Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or Eli Manning or Matt Ryan or Arron Rodgers or Matt Stafford or Micheal Vick or Tony Romo or his back up Kyle Orton or Sanchez or Freaking Tim Teebow! LOL. God Matt Cassel is a joke. Idk why everyone can't see that....

UGGG

So RG3 Peyton Brady Eli Ryan Rodgers Staffords Vick Romo would have played D?????????????????????????

How did playing with a bad D work for RG3 today?

MMO is that you

jc25
09-17-2012, 01:18 AM
RG3 doesn't have the receiver/running game we have. The d needs improved, but if we had any of those qb's I guarantee we would win. We wouldn't give up 35 points a game if we could keep the offense on the feild for more than 10 seconds. Matt Cassel hands the ball off a couple times, throws the ball away before the play starts, and than goes to the sideline, put's his hat on and sits on the bench with his grumpy face... I am just so sick of the guy I want him gone!

azchiefsfan
09-17-2012, 03:56 AM
If we had any defense we would win. Any QB who is trying to play catch up is going to make mistakes. Brees Almighty hasn't been able to overcome his teams bad defense, I guess he really sucks, too. Again, the whole team, especially the defense, is bad, and the boo birds come out taking shots at the one guy who is still competing and with a little help, would lead us to victory. But let's forget we have no running game and our receivers have started to wear safeties and corners like hair shirts and blame it all on Cassel. This is the stupidest, most myopic thinking I have ever seen.

jap1
09-17-2012, 04:18 AM
Back to the point of the thread.

If I were Pioli or Hunt, here are the radical change(s) I would make:

1. Trade Bowe for a 1st round pick. This isnt because I think Bowe isnt good enough. It is more because I think Baldwin can play nearly as well as he can. Having another 1st round pick will give us a lot of room to play in this years draft, no matter how well (or poorly) we do. This change BTW, is something I have been thinking about for awhile, even before our poor showings. I think having Baldwin and Breaston with McCluster as 3rd WR OR the two TEs in gives you some dangerous receiving options with JC and/or Hillis in the backfield.

2. Give Romeo Crennel an ultimatum. Fix the defense this week, or you lose one of your jobs, if not both. Tell him if he doesnt fix it you will make Emmit Smith (or someone else the D. Coordinator ... or maybe even HC).

3. Stop abandoning the run if the other team is up by less than 14 points. We keep giving up on the run after the other team has its first score. We are a team designed around JC/Hillis. Use them! We are down by 7 or 10, so what. Keep the clock moving and dont let the defense just sit there and drop back into coverage. The Bills watched us abandon the run quickly last week, so when they were up by 7, their D went into pass rush/pass defense. The OL got beat too early for the downfield routes to develop, or the receivers were covered and no one was open.

Long Term Changes:

It is way too soon to know what we are really deficient in/what we need to replace/fix long term. Right now we know that the D "sucks" and the O cant come from behind. That tells me nothing about what to do long term (plus I have not watched much game film).

However, if we continue to not be competitive by the BYE week, and I were Hunt, I would tell Pioli his job is on the line.

Eydugstr
09-17-2012, 09:58 AM
A lot of people seem to be have been hanging out with Henry the VIII recently since they are calling for everyones head.

I have a simple question.

Name the 3 people that if we got rid of/replaced would have the biggest POSITIVE impact on THIS season.

Name the 3 people that if we got rid of/replaced would have the biggest POSITIVE impact on FUTURE seasons.

List the names and a brief reason why, and feel free to speculate of what direction you would go if in charge.

Management and the Coaching Staff are fair game
You can list the type of Systems we use: I.E. 3-4 defense

People want change after week 2...lets see what simple moves/cuts would really helps us out the rest of the way.

Am not sure that our problems stem from the players...Am really looking more at "What can we do at this point?" without completely destroying what little team chemistry we have.

My thoughts are this...Find a DC familiar with Romeo's system and get him here. Romeo's taking on too much and it's beginning to show. Get someone in to help focus on the D.

The other thing...Take Dexter McCluster, and put him back in the punt return game. Arenas is solid, but with our cornerback situation the way it is, why risk him in the return game? I'd rather see a much larger target then McCluster out there as a reciever.
:chiefs:

Bike
09-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Our secondary is awful. This includes Berry. Pioli has made numerous mistakes since he's been here (Haley, Cassel, Berry just 3). Knowing Carr was on the move, we might had selected Dre Kirkpatrick with our 1st pick last year rather than a rehashed Routt that was never very good in the 1st place. Pioli just isn't doing a very good job wih this team.

chiefnut
09-17-2012, 11:22 AM
either make romeo def co or higher the best DC available
replace cassel-either draft or trade
replace daboll, w/all of the offensive weapons we did not attempt a pass longer than 4yds untill halfway thru second qtr

chief31
09-17-2012, 01:04 PM
RG3 doesn't have the receiver/running game we have.

Matt Cassel was within one yard of being the leading rusher at halftime yesterday, and Hillis gave away our would-be first half TD.

Yeah.... I think RG III has at least that solid of a running game with him in Washington.

matthewschiefs
09-17-2012, 01:17 PM
Matt Cassel was within one yard of being the leading rusher at halftime yesterday, and Hillis gave away our would-be first half TD.

Yeah.... I think RG III has at least that solid of a running game with him in Washington.

Don't let facts get in the way of hating Matt Cassel

Seek
09-17-2012, 01:19 PM
I was on the fence with the Romeo hiring. I think he is one of those people who make a Great DC but horrible HC.

I unfortunately have not watched this last game to make my own opinion but where is this team that beat Green Bay last year. Last week this team quit, and this week they didn't even show up to play.

There is talent on this team yet we have seen None of it.

I do expect this season to get turned around and become competitive but I am worried that this players coach does not hold people accountable yet makes excuses for them.

reded
09-17-2012, 01:26 PM
I was on the fence with the Romeo hiring. I think he is one of those people who make a Great DC but horrible HC.

I unfortunately have not watched this last game to make my own opinion but where is this team that beat Green Bay last year. Last week this team quit, and this week they didn't even show up to play.

There is talent on this team yet we have seen None of it.

I do expect this season to get turned around and become competitive but I am worried that this players coach does not hold people accountable yet makes excuses for them.

I'd advise against watching the game. Once you've seen it, you can't unsee it. I believe it will change those expectations you have about the season turning around. It's that bad.

Seek
09-17-2012, 02:09 PM
I'd advise against watching the game. Once you've seen it, you can't unsee it. I believe it will change those expectations you have about the season turning around. It's that bad.

I wasn't planning on it. I was playing in a racquetball tournament while it was on and was looking forward to watching it afterwards. Caught a glimpse of the game in the locker room when it was 21-0. From the local media after the game, it is pretty clear it is not worth wasting any of my time watching it, but I like to see things with my own eyes before judging people.

Sounds like both lines got their buts kicked noteably Jackson on Defense then Asamoha and Lilja on offense.

Subversion
09-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Back to the point of the thread.

If I were Pioli or Hunt, here are the radical change(s) I would make:

1. Trade Bowe for a 1st round pick. This isnt because I think Bowe isnt good enough. It is more because I think Baldwin can play nearly as well as he can. Having another 1st round pick will give us a lot of room to play in this years draft, no matter how well (or poorly) we do. This change BTW, is something I have been thinking about for awhile, even before our poor showings. I think having Baldwin and Breaston with McCluster as 3rd WR OR the two TEs in gives you some dangerous receiving options with JC and/or Hillis in the backfield.

2. Give Romeo Crennel an ultimatum. Fix the defense this week, or you lose one of your jobs, if not both. Tell him if he doesnt fix it you will make Emmit Smith (or someone else the D. Coordinator ... or maybe even HC).

3. Stop abandoning the run if the other team is up by less than 14 points. We keep giving up on the run after the other team has its first score. We are a team designed around JC/Hillis. Use them! We are down by 7 or 10, so what. Keep the clock moving and dont let the defense just sit there and drop back into coverage. The Bills watched us abandon the run quickly last week, so when they were up by 7, their D went into pass rush/pass defense. The OL got beat too early for the downfield routes to develop, or the receivers were covered and no one was open.

Long Term Changes:

It is way too soon to know what we are really deficient in/what we need to replace/fix long term. Right now we know that the D "sucks" and the O cant come from behind. That tells me nothing about what to do long term (plus I have not watched much game film).

However, if we continue to not be competitive by the BYE week, and I were Hunt, I would tell Pioli his job is on the line.

1. Nobody would give us a 1st rounder for Bowe. Realistically, we could get a 3rd. I think we should resign Bowe since we have the space to do so. Baldwin is a freak athletically but hasn't put anything together to know for sure what we have. It doesn't help that Cassel would make Jerry Rice look like Sylvester Morris. I think a nucleus of Bowe and Baldwin and our two TE sets would be monstrous with a good qb. Breaston is just OK same with McCluster.

2. Crennel can't handle both duties. I guess we can't afford a HC, DC, and OC all at once. Crennel should just be DC IMO.

3. Thank You! I've been frustrated by this decision for a long time. ESPECIALLY when you have a home run hitter like Jamaal Charles. I could understand if you just had a grind it out 3.5 YPC back but come on...this is the most explosive aspect of our offense!

I agree, Pioli needs to be put in place in KC!

LlamaNinja
09-17-2012, 03:21 PM
I wasn't planning on it. I was playing in a racquetball tournament while it was on and was looking forward to watching it afterwards. Caught a glimpse of the game in the locker room when it was 21-0. From the local media after the game, it is pretty clear it is not worth wasting any of my time watching it, but I like to see things with my own eyes before judging people.

Sounds like both lines got their buts kicked noteably Jackson on Defense then Asamoha and Lilja on offense.
I swapped to redzone after the TWO 3 & long screen passes that failed in the first two drives. Then redzone would only occasionally rub it in how bad the Chiefs were doing. The worst play was the Hillis turnover.

jap1
09-17-2012, 10:35 PM
1. Nobody would give us a 1st rounder for Bowe. Realistically, we could get a 3rd. I think we should resign Bowe since we have the space to do so. Baldwin is a freak athletically but hasn't put anything together to know for sure what we have. It doesn't help that Cassel would make Jerry Rice look like Sylvester Morris. I think a nucleus of Bowe and Baldwin and our two TE sets would be monstrous with a good qb. Breaston is just OK same with McCluster.

2. Crennel can't handle both duties. I guess we can't afford a HC, DC, and OC all at once. Crennel should just be DC IMO.

3. Thank You! I've been frustrated by this decision for a long time. ESPECIALLY when you have a home run hitter like Jamaal Charles. I could understand if you just had a grind it out 3.5 YPC back but come on...this is the most explosive aspect of our offense!

I agree, Pioli needs to be put in place in KC!

1. Talent wise I think Bowe's trade value is easily 1st rounder plus. When you consider his contract status, that would bring him down a lot. Possibly to a late 1st rounder or early 2nd, maybe worse. I think given some more legitimate playing time, Baldwin will put it together. I think McCluster is very dangerous as a slot back.

aasimon
09-19-2012, 11:10 PM
Trade value is always interesting for wide receivers. Sometimes teams give up 1st rounders + extras for a guy (Roy Williams to Dallas), other times, you can only get a ham sandwich in return for some truly talented WRs (Santonio Holmes, Randy Moss).

At this point, Bowe might fetch a 2nd-3rd rounder, IMO.

tornadospotter
09-19-2012, 11:34 PM
You just thought it was NyQuil, when in fact it was Granny's secret home brewed medicine!
:toast2:

IslandKing77
09-20-2012, 01:57 AM
First one against the wall when I am king;

Pioli - This mess is all on him. Fire him first so after he gets done packing his **** he can go over and start helping his 60 million dollar QB start packing too.

Cassel - Anyone who's response to an oncoming pass rush is to drop into the fetal position shouldn't be playing football.

Daboll - Only this guy could find a way to be ineffective with the talent this team has offensively.

An honorable mention would be a smack upside the head for RAC. I don't get paid for my ability to see what is going on in a football game or evaluate players but that doesn't mean I am blind. What is DOES mean is that if I can see what's going on and someone who is getting paid cannot, something is very very wrong.

First: Berry isn't 100%. He cannot play his unconventional role in defense right now. Berry at whatever % he is, is still better than most safeties in football but they need to put him in the conventional safety spot because he is one of the few players we have who can tackle. Where they have him playing right now he is not fast enough to get there to MAKE the tackle. Maybe next season his knee will be good enough but right now he is not the Berry he was.

Second: Fire the equipment manager. The Chiefs were slipping and sliding all over the field in Buffalo while the Bills were sure footed. This means one team had on the right cleats and one did not. Guess who didn't.

Third: Remind Hali that everyone knows he's the pass rusher so maybe he should stay at home for a little bit incase there is a draw play coming right at him.

Fourth: Charles doesn't have the same speed. Keep him in the rotation to keep him in the system and give him more time to heal.

Fif: Hillis is a beast, give him the ball. I am going to break my TV the next time Hillis picks up 4-6 yards on first down and they pull him out. This isn't very complicated and only Daboll could **** this up. You hammer them with Hillis. Then you keep hammering them with Hillis. When they are down 2 or 3 defensive players and the people who are left in there are beat to ****, you bring in Draughn or Charles. You don't let Charles get hammered on while the defense is fresh, that is what meathead #40 is for.

jap1
09-20-2012, 02:09 AM
Fif: Hillis is a beast, give him the ball. I am going to break my TV the next time Hillis picks up 4-6 yards on first down and they pull him out. This isn't very complicated and only Daboll could **** this up. You hammer them with Hillis. Then you keep hammering them with Hillis. When they are down 2 or 3 defensive players and the people who are left in there are beat to ****, you bring in Draughn or Charles. You don't let Charles get hammered on while the defense is fresh, that is what meathead #40 is for.

This is my favorite part of this post. Especially the use of the word "Fif."

bricooper78
09-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Hi-fif!

#58ChiefsFan
09-20-2012, 01:33 PM
I'd like to show you a secret document

http://awdsgn.com/classes/spr07/webI/bor/Oldag/images/davefif.jpg

:lol:

IslandKing77
09-22-2012, 01:30 AM
I'd like to show you a secret document