PDA

View Full Version : cowher,gruden,dungy somebody

slc chief
09-17-2012, 08:20 PM
just look at how much better of a team the stl rams look like from one move. yeah i am talking about the hiring of jeff fisher. now look at our coaching staffs of late. what a joke. the reason crennell was hired was because he was polar opposite of haley. not because he was an up and coming star coach or because he was a proven succesfull veteran coach. also the main reason he was hired is because he was part of pioli's family patriot tree. talk about making a brash decision. think outside the box scott

Lord-Chiefy
09-17-2012, 10:20 PM
The only problem is that as long as pioli is there he won't have a HC thAt thinks for themselves aand isn't a puppet. That's why he will have coordinators starving for any HC job and loser past HC's. They are puppets and say what they are told to say and do whAt told to do. I'd love to have any of those 3 coaches especially Cowher.

jap1
09-17-2012, 10:28 PM
If it comes to that (and Im not saying that it should, yet) I would prefer Cowher, only because he runs a defense that utilizes similar personnel to what we already have in place. Gruden is an O guy so I dont know if he has a preference on Defense. Dungy runs the Tampa two (remember that, the same defense that Herm Edwards ran) which in general Im not a big fan of.

slc chief
09-17-2012, 10:38 PM
If it comes to that (and Im not saying that it should, yet) I would prefer Cowher, only because he runs a defense that utilizes similar personnel to what we already have in place. Gruden is an O guy so I dont know if he has a preference on Defense. Dungy runs the Tampa two (remember that, the same defense that Herm Edwards ran) which in general Im not a big fan of.

oh it should come to that. out of all 31 other teams in the nfl we are playing worse then any of them. that could change we will see. but it is obvious something is going on behind the scenes that we dont know about. the team just dont want to give all they have for the coaches. bad general managing=bad coaching=lackluster efforts= losses

drstandley31
09-17-2012, 10:48 PM
You need a coach that understands the game, has experience, and makes the team match his personality. Do you want a team with a personality of Romeo? NO. bumbling idiot. I live in ohio, and watched too many browns games and it was the same thing. If you really look at his record, HC or DC, outside of New England where he was covered tons of talent around the whole org., you'll see that he's a very inconsistant coach. He's no good!

chief31
09-17-2012, 10:53 PM
To start.... You state "think outside the box", while citing Dungy, Cowher, Gruden and Fisher?

Coaches.don't come back from the booth by the way.

But honestly......

IT HAS BEEN TWO GAMES!!!!!!

I think a whole lot could be gained if most of you would grab.a paper bag and take a few breaths from it.

The defense simply can not stay this bad. And the offense has been overall competitive.

If we give the blocking a little bit, then they too will steady their performance.

Cassel has been the lone bright spot so far. So I am not about to bother with that ridiculous argument right now.

But if the defense gets it's act together, and Daboll figures out how use JC, there is no reason not to expect that this team can get right back on track within a couple of games or so.

But all of this talk of making yet more disruptions to the.team's consistency is just ridiculous.

For that matter, how wise is it currently looking to have fired Haley?

No..... There is.nothing you can say, so long as you are already losing your mind trying to destroy this team, that can justify firing Todd Haley.

Seriously.... Just calm down a bit.

Lord-Chiefy
09-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Chief31 you do realize it's 5 absolutely horrid blow outs in a row?

Bike
09-18-2012, 05:30 AM
Pioli is a control freak. Haley should have never been hired in the first place. Pioli thought he could control him, so he hired him. Pioli couldn't control him, so he fired him. The problem, as I see it, is Scott Pioli.

MissingTBone
09-18-2012, 07:47 AM
I honestly don't want any of those coaches. I want someone more closer to Jim Harbaugh. Fiery!! His players respect and play hard for him! I know we can't have him, but someone similar. Im sure we won't get anyone of his caliber though. Not with Pioli in charge, and I was very excited when we hired him but that excitement has turned to heartbreak!! We will surely be stuck with Romeo for another year or 2, and Pioli much longer.

reded
09-18-2012, 08:32 AM
I honestly don't want any of those coaches. I want someone more closer to Jim Harbaugh. Fiery!! His players respect and play hard for him! I know we can't have him, but someone similar. Im sure we won't get anyone of his caliber though. Not with Pioli in charge, and I was very excited when we hired him but that excitement has turned to heartbreak!! We will surely be stuck with Romeo for another year or 2, and Pioli much longer.

This guy gets it.

azchiefsfan
09-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Unfortunately the trepidation I had about Crennel has come to pass. We are Cleveland II. But I think we can win and win a lot with the players Pioli has assembled-this is about the coaching and system. As far as replacement coaches, I have no idea. The folks I would consider wouldn't come back to coaching. I know there's supposed to be a lot of assistants and coordinators that are good, but I don't know. I think we give Crennel a chance to right the ship. But our defense is truly awful.

Seek
09-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Romeo got the job becasue he beat Greenbay. Other than Jeff Fisher who realistically was out there that Pioli could hire without upsetting the many fans who wanted Romeo. I didn't like the hire, but really didn't have one guy out there that I thought was a clear cut better choice.

PawnshopMarimba
09-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Pioli is micromanaging the team to death, if you ask me. Haley was without an OC after we unceremoniously trashed Chan Gailey, and now Romeo has no DC since getting promoted.

There's just too much going on in the game these days to ask one man to cover two spots like that. It's not like we can't afford to get someone, either.

I'm starting to get the sinking feeling this team is being run like the Royals: as a business, not a ball club. Oh sure, they'll bring in one or two half-assed FAs for us all to get excited about, then hoard the rest of the money, leaving us perennially way under cap room. The optimists will say, "they're just waiting to spend it in (x year)" but they won't. And if you ever get fed up with it and stop buying tickets or refuse to approve a tax levy to build their new roof, they'll pack up and move.

I hope I'm wrong.

#58ChiefsFan
09-18-2012, 03:18 PM
In cash spending Pioli says we are +$20 million over the cap. Now what the difference between cash and the actual cap I have no idea but here's the link.

Pioli says Chiefs can turn around after 0-2 start - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/18/3821119/pioli-says-chiefs-can-turn-around.html)

bricooper78
09-18-2012, 03:55 PM
That guys eyes brown?

He's so full of sh*t they should be.

Bike
09-18-2012, 04:52 PM
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein.

jap1
09-18-2012, 04:56 PM
In cash spending Pioli says we are +$20 million over the cap. Now what the difference between cash and the actual cap I have no idea but here's the link.

Pioli says Chiefs can turn around after 0-2 start - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/18/3821119/pioli-says-chiefs-can-turn-around.html)

I believe the salary cap only considers players salaries. The other number refers to what we have to pay out in bonuses, whether it is signing bonuses (which sometimes are split over multiple years), bonuses for showing up to OTAs, minicamp, stat bonuses for various players in different positions, etc. I think (i may be wrong on this) that the end of year bonuses from last year are included in this year's cap.

KCraised
09-18-2012, 05:38 PM
To start.... You state "think outside the box", while citing Dungy, Cowher, Gruden and Fisher?

Coaches.don't come back from the booth by the way.

But honestly......

IT HAS BEEN TWO GAMES!!!!!!

I think a whole lot could be gained if most of you would grab.a paper bag and take a few breaths from it.

The defense simply can not stay this bad. And the offense has been overall competitive.

If we give the blocking a little bit, then they too will steady their performance.

Cassel has been the lone bright spot so far. So I am not about to bother with that ridiculous argument right now.

But if the defense gets it's act together, and Daboll figures out how use JC, there is no reason not to expect that this team can get right back on track within a couple of games or so.

But all of this talk of making yet more disruptions to the.team's consistency is just ridiculous.

No..... There is.nothing you can say, so long as you are already losing your mind trying to destroy this team, that can justify firing Todd Haley.

Seriously.... Just calm down a bit.

Chief31, always the opimist. We could be 0-100 and we should hold the course...lol. There's always (whats the next year?) 2013-2014, right?

KCraised
09-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Btw, what do you actually consider a successful season? You always seem to sarcastically critique poster's comments, if they comment negatively. And by the way the Chiefs have played since i've been on this site, they seem to be more than justified. So that brings me back to the original question. When should a Chiefs fan be justified in complaining? And when is your threshold crossed, when the team needs recognized as hOrribly failing? Seriously interested in your thoughts.

chief31
09-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Chief31, always the opimist. We could be 0-100 and we should hold the course...lol. There's always (whats the next year?) 2013-2014, right?

No.

It's simply that we are 0-2, and everybody has lost their mind as if we were 0-100.

0-2.

That is two whole games into the season. Two whole games.

And the insane turnaround against this team implies that the season is long since over. It is not. It just started.

How about a little bit of true realism? I had this team going 10-6, after an 0-3 start to the season. So this team is right on track for the division title, the way I saw it prior to the start of the season.

I am certainly not the one jumping off the bridge with overreaction here.

I have my worries. But I am not the kind of guy who reacts to each game as if that is the absolute.best that could ever be expected, and that it is time to fire everybody and go back to drafting in the top five just because we lost two.games.

chief31
09-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Btw, what do you actually consider a successful season? You always seem to sarcastically critique poster's comments, if they comment negatively. And by the way the Chiefs have played since i've been on this site, they seem to be more than justified. So that brings me back to the original question. When should a Chiefs fan be justified in complaining? And when is your threshold crossed, when the team needs recognized as hOrribly failing? Seriously interested in your thoughts.

When they eliminate themselves from playoff contention I will be down on them.

Certainly not as much as everybody is right now. But two games into the season is a ludicrous standard for throwing in the towel.

I see all these complaints from people about "they just gave up", while you people are openly announcing your surrender.

I am completely flabbergasted by the obvious irony going so unnoticed.

When Herm was here, I had extremely low expectations, and was deemed the worst pessimist on the site. But it was not pessimism. It was fair.

Now, I see what this team did in 2010, and even last year, as the injuries and coaching changes shook the very foundation of this team, and I have some confidence in our ability to rebound and overcome a rough start.

And THAT is not optimism. It is fair. I have seen what this team CAN do, so it is far from unreasonable to expect to start seeing some of that.

#58ChiefsFan
09-18-2012, 06:26 PM
When they eliminate themselves from playoff contention I will be down on them.

Certainly not as much as everybody is right now. But two games into the season is a ludicrous standard for throwing in the towel.

I see all these complaints from people about "they just gave up", wipe you people are openly announcing your surrender.

I am completely flabbergasted by the obvious irony going so unnoticed.

When Herm was here, I had extremely low expectations, and was deemed the worst pessimist on the site. But it was not pessimism. It was fair.

Now, I see what this team did in 2010, and even last year, as the injuries and coaching changes shook the very foundation of this team, and I have some confidence in our ability to rebound and overcome a rough start.

And THAT is not optimism. It is fair. I have seen what this team CAN do, so it is far from unreasonable to expect to start seeing some of that.

Here's part (maybe a large part) of the concern amongst a large portion of the fan base whether they will admit it or not. Peyton Manning is playing at a level that, given time to get comfortable with his players, is going to be on a pretty good roll as the season wears on. Rivers being 2-0, meh, but 10 games probably wins this division and dropping 2 or 3 games right off the bat is simply not going to cut it when 6 losses is close to the number you can loose max.

Romeo has a ton of experience in this league under the old CBA, however I have to question his ability under the new agreement to get his point across without being able to put them in pads and work their asses into the ground until they get it right.

I'm dissapointed that he wants to continue with two roles when the role he has made his name with is the worst performing part of this team. He is going to be HC there is zero chance of him giving that title up but for Pete's sake don't say we are going to "try" to figure this out.

As fans we have seen this same thing it is just a 180 from Haley not showing anything new with the offense in game while he was taking care of being head coach. The defense looks lost same as the offense did with Todd.

bricooper78
09-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Romeo has a ton of experience in this league under the old CBA, however I have to question his ability under the new agreement to get his point across without being able to put them in pads and work their asses into the ground until they get it right.

Odd you say that, I was watching espn this afternoon, and the low "qbr" that they're using, and how it's guys who are 4, 5 years in, and having a slow start, and that exact thought crossed my mind... Is RAC having troubles with the new offseason workout programs?

It's a very valid question, especially when they showed RG3 and Luck 2nd and 3rd in production, behind Matt Ryan... that has had me wondering ever since.

chief31
09-18-2012, 07:24 PM
Here's part (maybe a large part) of the concern amongst a large portion of the fan base whether they will admit it or not. Peyton Manning is playing at a level that, given time to get comfortable with his players, is going to be on a pretty good roll as the season wears on. Rivers being 2-0, meh, but 10 games probably wins this division and dropping 2 or 3 games right off the bat is simply not going to cut it when 6 losses is close to the number you can loose max.

I'm dissapointed that he wants to continue with two roles when the role he has made his name with is the worst performing part of this team. He is going to be HC there is zero chance of him giving that title up but for Pete's sake don't say we are going to "try" to figure this out.

As fans we have seen this same thing it is just a 180 from Haley not showing anything new with the offense in game while he was taking care of being head coach. The defense looks lost same as the offense did with Todd.

I agree with all of that.

It is just this talk of firing everybody after two games that seems outrageously unreasonable.

Now, should this defense continue for a couple more games, then I would start demanding some kind of change at DC.

But there is nothing that can happen in the first two games of a season that would put me there.

I KNOW that this defense can play well. So I expect it to turn around.

Hopefully the offense will not drop to the same level when they do start getting their s*** together.

If the defense gets back to being better than average, and the offense improves game-to-game, then there is no reason to not believe that they can get right back into this.

As I said, I expected some.trouble getting going at first. But that was primarily the offense that I expected to need time to adjust. To a.degree, seeing that it is the defense is the problem is a relief.

We know that this defense can play tough. So the notion.that it is stuck.being horrible is unlikely. And since the offense has actually been better than I expected, I find it a very encouraging sign as well.

I am.far from some Look-Aid drinking homer regardless of what happens. And I fully understand overreaction on game day. But when it continues days later, it is indulging.

KCraised
09-18-2012, 07:29 PM

An EXCELLENT post. That about nails it. We just spotted SD a 2 game division lead in only 2 games. I agree about Manning. I would assume they will just improve. Us, on the otherhand, are lost. Every area of our team has had breakdowns, some major breakdowns. I know it's only 2 games. But there has also been a training camp and 4 preseason games, mixed in between multiple practices before the 2 regular season games even happened.That old deal of not counting anything before regular season, is crap. It's time that execution is figured out and regular season is when you implement it. All of the panic/frustration/anger/bitterness is 100% justified. Enough people on this site and in this town, see the writing on the wall for this season. We live it every year...year after year. 1994 since a playoff game? Yeah, i would say 18 years of failed pro football in this town gas earned the right for people to sound off loudly. Yes, 13-3 regular seasons are beautiful. But if you get knocked out 1st round in your own house, those are failures and THEN some.
There is a guy at work that offered a bet to a guy today $50 for this weekends game and he would take the Chiefs straight up, no points. That Chiefs fan represents hope. The other Chiefs fan that TOOK the offer represents reality. Take your pick who stands to win that bet.
And thanks for the good post, 31.

slc chief
09-18-2012, 07:53 PM
No.

It's simply that we are 0-2, and everybody has lost their mind as if we were 0-100.

0-2.

That is two whole games into the season. Two whole games.

And the insane turnaround against this team implies that the season is long since over. It is not. It just started.

How about a little bit of true realism? I had this team going 10-6, after an 0-3 start to the season. So this team is right on track for the division title, the way I saw it prior to the start of the season.

I am certainly not the one jumping off the bridge with overreaction here.

I have my worries. But I am not the kind of guy who reacts to each game as if that is the absolute.best that could ever be expected, and that it is time to fire everybody and go back to drafting in the top five just because we lost two.games.

do you know how hard it is going be to make the playoffs after an 0-2 start. good luck history proves that we are in for a long year

chief31
09-18-2012, 08:19 PM
do you know how hard it is going be to make the playoffs after an 0-2 start. good luck history proves that we are in for a long year

I am not positive, but I don't recall having overestimated a Chiefs win total since maybe 2003.

All we need to do is get a couple of wrinkles ironed out on offense and figure out what the **** is going on with that defense, and we will start winning.

Winning is how you get into the postseason.

I may sound like an optimist at the moment, but that is not really who I am.

Now WRONG....... Well, that is a possibility. :lol:

slc chief
09-18-2012, 08:27 PM
and we are not just barely losing we are getting BLOWN OUT i think that is the biggest concern

KCraised
09-18-2012, 08:37 PM
I am not positive, but I don't recall having overestimated a Chiefs win total since maybe 2003.

All we need to do is get a couple of wrinkles ironed out on offense and figure out what the **** is going on with that defense, and we will start winning.

Winning is how you get into the postseason.

I may sound like an optimist at the moment, but that is not really who I am.

Now WRONG....... Well, that is a possibility. :lol:

"All we need to do", huh?.....if it was that simplified, we shouldve made the "all you need to do" adjustment after the Atlanta embarrassment. Why didn't Crennel make that adjustment????? Lol
Seriously, im for people keeping it up. Complain, complain, and complain more after that. Being passive after all these years, isnt the formula anymore. Demand the business to improve its product NOW. Or don't buy the product anymore. I just finally got a chance to read the sports page (i think i've been avoiding it all day) and I see Crennel has blamed it on the players. I think thats being a tad lenient on the coaching staff.
And the naysayers can all be wrong, too. Unfortunately, we are the odds on favorite to be right

chief31
09-18-2012, 09:14 PM
and we are not just barely losing we are getting BLOWN OUT i think that is the biggest concern

And that is the defense, which is the one area of this team that I trust to be able to pull it together.

But.... I understand being upset about the first two games. It's just that the demands for firings are not wise decisions.

If it is done out of protest, then it should come with a sense of sarcasm. And I don't see that. I think it is done out of rage. And there is nothing rational about rage.

But I have seen some sense of cooling rage today. Too bad I have The Chiefs dropping to 0-3 in few more days. :lol:

2010chiefs
09-18-2012, 09:24 PM
The Chiefs of 2012 without the injuries look alot like the 2011 Chiefs riddled with injuries. I as a die hard Chiefs fan am tired of it. I stopped watching during the 3rd quarter on Sunday. First time i've ever done that. I blame Romeo Crennel and Scott Pioli for the bad start. If the ship keeps sinking, I will lose faith in this Chiefs organization as long as Pioli is in charge. Primarily because most of us have practically begged for a new starting QB and we've all been ignored. Look at the product we've gotten instead. I believe in rough starts, but I also know when to give up. Pioli for all we know is laughing all the way to the bank. I know these Chiefs have what it takes to win games, I just don't know if they have the right game plan or leadership to do it. I also don't think Romeo has what it takes to light a fire under these players ***. That's what he has to do NOW! GO CHIEFS!

KCraised
09-18-2012, 09:54 PM
I don't know if Pioli is laughing. He probably is an egomaniac of epic proportions and it is killing
Him to be a loser. That's my guess as to why he hasn't given us our wish for a different qb. Ego and admitting being wrong....again. All this is an educated guess. And I say educated, because we are wise to dealing with the past dramas of underperforming fielded teams...ugghh

Hayvern
09-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Continuing to ***** about the same thing over and over again is the definition of insane. Continuing to think this team is headed in the right direction despite time and time again being proven that they are not, is insane as well.

chief31
09-18-2012, 10:33 PM
Continuing to ***** about the same thing over and over again is the definition of insane. Continuing to think this team is headed in the right direction despite time and time again being proven that they are not, is insane as well.

There is a whopping two games to suggest that we are not headed in the right direction.

Missing the playoffs by a single game in 2011, especially considering the whopping effect of all the injuries, and winning the division the prior season are pretty far from.proving that this team is not heading in the right direction.

drstandley31
09-19-2012, 12:01 AM
There is a whopping two games to suggest that we are not headed in the right direction.

Missing the playoffs by a single game in 2011, especially considering the whopping effect of all the injuries, and winning the division the prior season are pretty far from.proving that this team is not heading in the right direction.
I love that you can find the positive, honestly, that's a great ability to have. I so hope you are right, and I'd love to eat a platter of crow by the end of this season. In fact I'll get my smoker out, and serve crow at my playoff party. But I don't agree with you. Romeo is not a good HC or DC. He looked good in NE because the offense was able to keep other teams in bad field position, score often, and force teams into playing catch-up ball. He was an awful HC in Cleveland (granted, it's an awful organization). Since 12/12/10, in the past 22 games as DC, some of which he was also HC, we've allowd 10 teams to score over 30 points all leading to blowout losses. Not all his fault, but a lot is. A winless Miami in KC blows us out. An opening day blowout loss to the Bills when he had all his starters. 10 blowout losees with him being in command of the Defense is just fact. He doesn't bring the attitude or game plan ability to a job of this magnitude. But like I said, I'd rather you be right, and I'll be happy to admit I'm an idiot if they can turn this around.

2010chiefs
09-19-2012, 12:28 AM
Heading in the right direction in some aspects of the team. Heading in the wrong direction with our QB and Defense (Meaning Romeo Crennel). We all said that Cassel has all the weapons he needed this year to shine and take this team to the next level. This is his last year or he's gone. Well guess what? In two games he showed me enough to say that he's the same old Matt Cassel with or without good weapons. With or without an upgraded line. He's making the same old bone head decisions and throws he made last year. Everyone see's it EXCEPT Pioli and possibly Crennel. What kind of crap is that?? At least put Quinn in for garbage time to see what he can do.

jap1
09-19-2012, 02:11 AM
Crennel has blamed it on the players. I think thats being a tad lenient on the coaching staff.

I know DJ and a couple other players were quoted as saying they were not communicating as they should have and they blew their assignments. Maybe he isn't being lenient.

jap1
09-19-2012, 02:16 AM
Heading in the right direction in some aspects of the team. Heading in the wrong direction with our QB and Defense (Meaning Romeo Crennel). We all said that Cassel has all the weapons he needed this year to shine and take this team to the next level. This is his last year or he's gone. Well guess what? In two games he showed me enough to say that he's the same old Matt Cassel with or without good weapons. With or without an upgraded line. He's making the same old bone head decisions and throws he made last year. Everyone see's it EXCEPT Pioli and possibly Crennel. What kind of crap is that?? At least put Quinn in for garbage time to see what he can do.

I thought Cassel looked decent in the Atlanta game. Especially considering it looks like Atlanta has a very good defense this year. The next game he didn't look great, but the whole team seemed to suck.

jap1
09-19-2012, 02:17 AM
I don't know if Pioli is laughing. He probably is an egomaniac of epic proportions and it is killing
Him to be a loser. That's my guess as to why he hasn't given us our wish for a different qb. Ego and admitting being wrong....again. All this is an educated guess. And I say educated, because we are wise to dealing with the past dramas of underperforming fielded teams...ugghh

Maybe we haven't gotten a better QB because there haven't been any available that were worth it. Show me which QBs were worth it and available to us?

Lord-Chiefy
09-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Matt dI'd have over 30o yds passing.

PawnshopMarimba
09-19-2012, 07:37 PM

I work in management of a highly intense, and fast paced business. We will net millions this year, but we could do so much more if we were properly staffed. I *know* what confusion looks like, and it looks like the Chiefs defense. That's micromanagement at its friendliest. You just can't ask a head coach to also run the entirety of another department. The Lombardi days are gone forever. Romeo struggled as a head coach the last time he had an opportunity, so please, PLEASE tell me why, Mr. Blue Sky, he would have any more success head coaching AND running the defense at the same time?

There's a reason that Derrick Johnson has gone from one of the best coverage linebackers in the league to one of the worst. There's a reason that our defense as a whole is scrambling to figure out their assignments on nearly every play. There's a reason we went from being formidable on defense to giving up big plays at will. You CAN NOT run a skeleton crew in this league. You CAN NOT ask a coach to work two jobs anymore than you can ask Brandon Flowers to cover *both* X and Y receivers at the same time, and you CAN NOT expect to win a championship when you're blatantly understaffed.

2010chiefs
09-19-2012, 08:24 PM
One half is not good enough. Cassel has always been a one good half QB unless we're up the entire game.When adversity comes his way he crumbles. All I expected this year from Pioli and company was a QB that can compete for the starting job weather Cassel started or not. That's what Crennel promised when he took over. IT NEVER HAPPENED. Our season is riding on one QB. The one thing I was most afraid of if CASSEL FAILED. I seen this coming. We have no one good enough to replace right now! WHY??

aasimon
09-19-2012, 10:46 PM
just look at how much better of a team the stl rams look like from one move. yeah i am talking about the hiring of jeff fisher. now look at our coaching staffs of late. what a joke. the reason crennell was hired was because he was polar opposite of haley. not because he was an up and coming star coach or because he was a proven succesfull veteran coach. also the main reason he was hired is because he was part of pioli's family patriot tree. talk about making a brash decision. think outside the box scott

You can't discount the impact a coach can have on a franchise...both good and bad. St. Louis is going to be a quality team for a while to come (maybe not a true contender, but better than the joke they've been for the last few years). I'm not sure there's another sport where coaching has as much impact as it's seen in football.

bricooper78
09-19-2012, 10:55 PM
I hate to say this... so don't jump me for a non-direct comparison here but....

This is why there is the crew, and/or crew chief swap in nascar. Sometimes it is as simple as 2 guys aren't capable of saying something in the same context as each other. You trade for another guy, and can light up both teams that were struggling (say you take crew chief from car 1, and put him with car 2, take car 2's crew chief, and put him with car 1) due to something as simple as lack of communication.

So, in that stance, if a head coach can't communicate the message in a way the players can understand, the players will not be able to convey the message, will appear lost, and we end up with the piss poor product on the field that we've seen.

I really like RAC, but I think he's bitten off too much. Hopefully we can get some help for him, and start pounding some opposing offenses

2010chiefs
09-20-2012, 08:26 PM
I agree with this. I think sometimes a coach has to have that fire like Todd Haley had. Soemtimes. Not all the time or else you can also lose the respect of the players. If Romeo Crennel can't motivate his palyers then this team is doomed.

chief31
09-20-2012, 10:05 PM
I work in management of a highly intense, and fast paced business. We will net millions this year, but we could do so much more if we were properly staffed. I *know* what confusion looks like, and it looks like the Chiefs defense. That's micromanagement at its friendliest. You just can't ask a head coach to also run the entirety of another department. The Lombardi days are gone forever. Romeo struggled as a head coach the last time he had an opportunity, so please, PLEASE tell me why, Mr. Blue Sky, he would have any more success head coaching AND running the defense at the same time?

There's a reason that Derrick Johnson has gone from one of the best coverage linebackers in the league to one of the worst. There's a reason that our defense as a whole is scrambling to figure out their assignments on nearly every play. There's a reason we went from being formidable on defense to giving up big plays at will. You CAN NOT run a skeleton crew in this league. You CAN NOT ask a coach to work two jobs anymore than you can ask Brandon Flowers to cover *both* X and Y receivers at the same time, and you CAN NOT expect to win a championship when you're blatantly understaffed.

Ah... So it is flat out impossible?

See, I was unaware of that. But... Basically, I believe that it can be done because it actually happens.

We have a few HCs in The NFL doing it right now.

And I am not convinced that it is impossible for Romeo to succeed as a HC just because he didn't do it in Cleveland. If that were proof that you are destined to always be a failure as a HC, then The Patriot have some explaining to do to the science world.

Now.... I am not saying that I know Romeo WILL find a way to succeed. But I know that it is not impossible.

It is inarguable.

I just don't get how I am the only one here who is not giving away all my belongings in preparation for ongoing rapture.

nigeriannightmare
09-20-2012, 10:21 PM

See, I was unaware of that. But... Basically, I believe that it can be done because it actually happens.

And I am not convinced that it is impossible for Romeo to succeed as a HC just because he didn't do it in Cleveland. If that were proof that you are destined to always be a failure as a HC, then The Patriot have some explaining to do to the science world.

Now.... I am not saying that I know Romeo WILL find a way to succeed. But I know that it is not impossible.

It is inarguable.

I just don't get how I am the only one here who is not giving away all my belongings in preparation for ongoing rapture.

Oh I get it. A new offense....several key defensive players either hurt or suspended. Buffalo has had our number, and atlanta is a quality team. I wont be worried untill the bye weak. New Orleans is a winnable game and we always play san diego tough at home.

bricooper78
09-20-2012, 11:18 PM
I have a bunch of NO and KC guys up in fantasy this week, i think it's going to be a free-for-all with no defense on either side lol (at least i hope so)
this might be that game that we stumble through, but win, and the team realizes that they can beat people, and maybe a little momentum.

i sure hope so anyway

jason1981
09-20-2012, 11:34 PM
I dont think saints is a winnable game. Their more hungry than us and their at home. We loos 14-35.

bricooper78
09-20-2012, 11:36 PM
unless you believe nfl network, they showed it as an away game for both teams LOL have no clue where we're gonna play it... maybe StLouis?

jap1
09-21-2012, 12:55 AM

It is inarguable.

Dont worry, your not the only one who is not walking around with the sandwhich board that says "the end is near!" Especially after seeing the Atlanta game, I think we are doing ok. We had a horrible game against Buffalo, but that is one game. Our game against Atlanta wasnt very bad at all.

texaschief
09-21-2012, 04:19 PM
IMO, it's not that this team is 0-2 that has people upset... it's how horribly they've looked in accomplishing that imperfect record.

I think some fans look at 2010 and think that's where the team should be without realizing how easy that schedule was. The Chiefs have one of the toughest schedules in the league this year. You can look at this team and see the record isn't a product of poor talent. This team should be top 10 in both offense and defense.

The problem here is at the top.

chief31
09-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Basically, if I see the same garbage for two more weeks, I will be ready to see some changes.

But even then, I will not be where a lot of folks are right now.

chief31
09-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Vs Atlanta - loss

@Buffalo - loss

@New Orleans - loss XXX
vsSan Diego - WIN

vsBaltimore - WIN

@Tampa Bay - WIN

vsOakland - WIN

@San Diego - loss

@Pittsburgh - WIN

vsCincinnati - WIN

vsDenver - WIN

vsCarolina -WIN

@Cleveland -WIN

@Oakland LOSS

vsIndianapolis - WIN

@Denver - loss

10-6 division champs/wild card

One game ahead of my prediction already. :lol:

bricooper78
09-23-2012, 10:51 PM
We need to win next week, I called this one right, but I thought atlanta would be a win

Dem ol' ravens are going to be TOUGH

Chiefster
09-25-2012, 01:13 AM
We need to win next week, I called this one right, but I thought atlanta would be a win

Dem ol' ravens are going to be TOUGH

I agree, the Ravens are no joke.

bricooper78
09-26-2012, 11:11 PM
^ oh ya, i had this week w/ the blots (spelled on purpose lol) mistaken, didn't realize we have another week til the ravens rock and roll us...

BUT, we can be 2-2 for that game!!