PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin clubbing!!!

chief31
11-06-2006, 07:47 PM
I really like our chances, again this weekend. Although the Dolphins managed to lay down the Bears. They are not a great football team. Harrington is a huge upgrade from Culpepper. But, he has not, yet, figured the Dolphins offense out.

I think that the Chiefs should use the passing game a little more against them this weekend. This should keep them on their heels, and make them drop back a bit more. That will create some extra running lanes for L.J.

With Waters out, the O-line becomes a bit of a worry again. We will have Webourne ready to go in his place, or some shuffling could send Black in at LG. Either solution takes away from the level of consistency that had been formed within the interior line. This may be a factor in the game, but Solari has done alot with a little this season, so far. And I believe that he will be able to make-do with what he has this weekend.

To borry a line from Kenny......GO CHIEFS!!! :hammer: THE DOLPHINS!!!!!

Chiefster
11-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Speaking only for myself, I hope that Miami suffers a bit of a let down, if that's possible, because quite frankly it's teams like Miami and Chokeland that have nothing at this point to loose that scare me to death, and teams have a tendency to overlook them; i.e. Chicago.

kenny1937
11-07-2006, 02:00 AM
chief31 wrote:
I really like our chances, again this weekend. Although the Dolphins managed to lay down the Bears. They are not a great football team. Harrington is a huge upgrade from Culpepper. But, he has not, yet, figured the Dolphins offense out.

I think that the Chiefs should use the passing game a little more against them this weekend. This should keep them on their heels, and make them drop back a bit more. That will create some extra running lanes for L.J.

With Waters out, the O-line becomes a bit of a worry again. We will have Webourne ready to go in his place, or some shuffling could send Black in at LG. Either solution takes away from the level of consistency that had been formed within the interior line. This may be a factor in the game, but Solari has done alot with a little this season, so far. And I believe that he will be able to make-do with what he has this weekend.

To borry a line from Kenny......GO CHIEFS!!! :hammer: THE DOLPHINS!!!!!

Sounds about right chief31, Hey I think I will do that too
GO CHIEFS :hammer: THE DOLPHINS !! You know chief31, that does have a nice ring to it(grin) :lol:

8-) :lol: :pint:

Shady
11-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Hi guys, 'Phin from the UK fans here.

Thanks for the invite :-D

Stretching the field would set you up nicely for the win this week. Our secondary is very weak so that is the place to hit us. We didn't have that problem last week with Grossman which is why we pulled off the "shock" (and hell we even made hard work of THAT! LOL).

Huard is much more capable of connecting deep which will put points on the board as well as helping the run. To be fair though the best chance of establishing the run is through draws and misdirection plays. Most of our D relys on varied blitz schemes and if you can exploit that, especially to the outside away from Zach Thomas then you can get on top of us.

:-(

Chiefster
11-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Shady wrote:
Hi guys, 'Phin from the UK fans here.

Thanks for the invite :-D

Stretching the field would set you up nicely for the win this week. Our secondary is very weak so that is the place to hit us. We didn't have that problem last week with Grossman which is why we pulled off the "shock" (and hell we even made hard work of THAT! LOL).

Huard is much more capable of connecting deep which will put points on the board as well as helping the run. To be fair though the best chance of establishing the run is through draws and misdirection plays. Most of our D relys on varied blitz schemes and if you can exploit that, especially to the outside away from Zach Thomas then you can get on top of us.

:-(

Well if it's one thing we as Chiefs fans know from bitter experience is not to take anyone or any game for grant it. Many times it is these "sure wins" that give us the most trouble. That being said; I do hope you are correct in your analysis, but we can't just show up, we are going to have to play, and play well - just like any other road game. IMO.

Shady
11-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Well the bonus your coaching team has is that they can throw a tape of the MIA - CHI game on and say "THAT is what happens when you think you have a week off!"

I still can't help but think that the Bears were looking at the Giants and not paying much attention to us. And you can't do that against ANY team in the NFL.

Chiefster
11-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Shady wrote:
Well the bonus your coaching team has is that they can throw a tape of the MIA - CHI game on and say "THAT is what happens when you think you have a week off!"

I still can't help but think that the Bears were looking at the Giants and not paying much attention to us. And you can't do that against ANY team in the NFL.

Exactly, in that case the NFL means Not For Long when you go into a game thinking that it is a mere formality.

chief31
11-08-2006, 08:33 PM
The Bears have weaknesses, inability to "bring it" is not one of them. The Bears brought their A-game against the Dolphins, and Grossman displayed his chronic incosistency.
They need to be able to lean on the running game when Grossman doesn't have it. He tends to throw at a precise spot, wich looks beautiful when he hits that spot. However, if he should be just a bit off that spot,in the wrong direction, it becomes, out of reach for his reciever.
Often resulting in an interception.

The Bears defense will play as hard as anyone, on any day. So when you lay one on that defense, you have accomplished something. ( I live in Illinois, so I get to see alot of them.) Don't discredit your own team, thinking that the Bears didn't show up. The Dolphins, without Culpepper, are the team that most of us thought they could be at the beginning of this season. Joey Harrington shhould, only, improve with playing time within that system.

kenny1937
11-09-2006, 12:52 AM
chief31 wrote:
The Bears have weaknesses, inability to "bring it" is not one of them. The Bears brought their A-game against the Dolphins, and Grossman displayed his chronic incosistency.
They need to be able to lean on the running game when Grossman doesn't have it. He tends to throw at a precise spot, wich looks beautiful when he hits that spot. However, if he should be just a bit off that spot,in the wrong direction, it becomes, out of reach for his reciever.

The Bears defense will play as hard as anyone, on any day. So when you lay one on that defense, you have accomplished something. ( I live in Illinois, so I get to see alot of them.) Don't discredit your own team, thinking that the Bears didn't show up. The Dolphins, without Culpepper, are the team that most of us thought they could be at the beginning of this season. Joey Harrington shhould, only, improve with playing time within that system.

Exactly, Herm will have to bring a solid game plan to bear, and our defensive and offensive coordinators will have to be on their game, and that being said, the Players themselves will have to be mentally ready and on their game to bring home a 6-3 record, that has a great sound to it 6-3, Let's just DO IT.

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Dolphins !!

Shady
11-09-2006, 01:58 AM

I think the bigger issue in that game was the Bears errors that resulted in turnovers. They dug themselves into a hole by turning the ball over too often in short yardage situations.

That forced Grossman to push harder with the pass. I think the guy is showing the signs of being the long term No.1 up there but his inexperience means that if you can force him to go long he WILL make errors and turn the ball over.

I can't see KC giving us so many gifts unless JT can get to Huard. If this turns in to a shootout there's only going to be one winner and it ain't gonna be the 'Phins! :roll:

kenny1937
11-09-2006, 02:41 AM
Visited your board shady, you did a great job :hammer: Americans in you general discussion satire, our baseball maybe a Girls game to you, and our football not to your liking, but all in all, you did a great job :hammer: us, so I guess that is all there is to say.

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Dolphins !!

Shady
11-09-2006, 12:39 PM
LOL, the John Cleese letter?

Yeah, I like to keep a few of the US board members on their toes now and again :-D

Big fan of his (and all the Pythons for that matter)

:-D

kenny1937
11-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Aw, c'mon shady, you want to take away our guns,
because you are mad that we hid behind trees and bushes and other such type covers, while you Britts smartly stepped along in rank and file , shooting at trees and lost, Hey mate we are on to you, so we will keep our guns, thank you kindly, and no, we do not recognize your Revocation Notice, (grin), so keep the royal tax collector at home or we will take his scalp, being the barbarians we are, in the meantime (again sorry mate) GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Dolphins !!

Shady
11-10-2006, 03:32 AM
Hey! Don't diss tax collectors! I work very hard at being able to squeeze blood from stones! :-P

kenny1937
11-10-2006, 04:11 PM
by Shady on 2006/11/10 2:32:13

Hey! Don't diss tax collectors! I work very hard at being able to squeeze blood from stones!

Hey Mate, we don't squeeze the blood from stones, that is what we scalp Tax Collector's with, we wipe the blood off the stones, :lol: you are a riot my lad!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Dolphins!!