PDA

View Full Version : Can this team be saved with what we already have?

Bike
09-21-2012, 05:01 PM
If I was Pioli, I would make the following changes in an attempt to turn this thing around with what we already have on this roster:

Coaches -
HC: Jim Zorn
OC: Maurice Carthon
DC: Emmitt Thomas

Offense -
QB: Brady Quinn
RB: Shaun Draughn
FB: P. Hillis
C. : R. Hudson
LT: B. Albert
RT: E. Winston
LG: J. Allen
RG: D. Stephenson
TE: T. Moeaki
WR: J. Baldwin
WR: D. Bowe

Defense (back to 4-3) -
DT: D. Poe
DT: J. Powe
DE: G. Dorsey
DE: T. Jackson
LB: T. Hali
LB: J. Houston
LB: D. Johnson
SS. E. Berry
FS: A. Elam
CB: B. Flowers
CB: J. Arenas

Obviously, bring in Charles for Draughn when he is healthy, or use a combo of both. And, of course, get McCluster in there for 3 wide receiver sets, and maybe even to return kicks.

After 2 consecutive blowout losses - why not?

Canada
09-21-2012, 05:54 PM
No Brady Quinn

#58ChiefsFan
09-21-2012, 06:08 PM
I agree we are better suited to run a 43 from the players natural abilities. After this week no matter the outcome IMO its still too early to implode the system we have been building for four offseasons. Pioli should demand we have seperation between HC and DC if there is not a tangible change this week.

LlamaNinja
09-21-2012, 06:14 PM
Make it interesting... IR Toribo and Wylie and sign Albert Hayneworth and Plexico Burress
Plexico and the chiefs - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8_VItpqP5ig)
Lets see Bowe do that! (joking)

IslandKing77
09-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Fire Daboll. Leave the current offensive scheme in place, let Zorn be the new OC.

Put Berry in the normal strong safety spot instead of this hybrid position he is in now, his knee isn't 100% and he's too slow right now to recover from being out of position.

Bench Cassel. Play Quinn for 3-4 games, if he cannot win, then go down the line on the bench and see if anyone can play the position. If you cannot find a winning QB on the roster, that's fine, draft one in the first round.

Fire Pioli now. Not at the end of the season, right now. Hunt need to make a statement to the fans, it needs to be immediate and it needs to be a big, I ****ed up and I'm sorry and I admit it and Pioli is gone.

Trade Bowe for draft picks. The guy is an idiot.

Dear Dwayne Bowe, there is a giant number on your shirt that lets everyone know who just caught the irrelevant pass, we do not need you to point to the name on the back of the jersey. As a matter of fact, unless you're going to point to the name with the same fervor every time you DROP a pass, how about you just skip the ritual completely.

Love,
the fans.

matthewschiefs
09-22-2012, 01:34 AM
I agree we are better suited to run a 43 from the players natural abilities. After this week no matter the outcome IMO its still too early to implode the system we have been building for four offseasons. Pioli should demand we have seperation between HC and DC if there is not a tangible change this week.

THIS I am really down on Romeo right now just as I was Haley Romeo clearly didn't learn the lesson that you need a DC it's to much in todays game for most coaches to be 2 things. It was to much for Haley I am real disappointed that he is remaining DC

Yoda
09-22-2012, 04:20 PM
The biggest problem on O for the Chiefs is Cassel followed by the OL. The realization that Cassel is nothing more than a glorified back is setting in. Looks like the Raiders and Chiefs are heading towards the Matt Barkley sweep stakes.

Coach
09-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Dear Dwayne Bowe, there is a giant number on your shirt that lets everyone know who just caught the irrelevant pass, we do not need you to point to the name on the back of the jersey. As a matter of fact, unless you're going to point to the name with the same fervor every time you DROP a pass, how about you just skip the ritual completely.

Love,
the fans.

I couldn't agree more. Dwayne needs to shut up and act like he's been there before. BTW, you are getting paid to catch balls. Why don't you point to your name every time you make a nice downfield block. I'd actually be OK with that.

The biggest problem on O for the Chiefs is Cassel followed by the OL. The realization that Cassel is nothing more than a glorified back is setting in. Looks like the Raiders and Chiefs are heading towards the Matt Barkley sweep stakes.

Does anyone else see the irony in a RAIDERS fan telling us what is wrong with the Chiefs offense! Seriously, go fix your own **** team.

jap1
09-22-2012, 04:37 PM

Way too early to blownthings up IMO. Plus we dont have the personnel for a 4-3. Dorsey and Jackson are NOT DEs in a 4-3 they are DTs. IF we went to a 4-3, the DEs would be Hali and Houston. Remember Hali is a converted DE.

Yoda
09-22-2012, 06:37 PM
I couldn't agree. Dwayne needs to shut up and act like he's been there before. BTW, you are getting paid to catch balls. Why don't you point to your name every time you make a nice downfield block. I'd actually be OK with that.

Does anyone else see the irony in a RAIDERS fan telling us what is wrong with the Chiefs offense! Seriously, go fix your own **** team.

I figured since this thread is about the Chiefs, I would add my observations. Tell me, how did I bash the Chiefs in my comment?

AkChief49
09-22-2012, 06:59 PM
I figured since this thread is about the Chiefs, I would add my observations. Tell me, how did I bash the Chiefs in my comment?
I see no bashing, however, there is a lot of frustration going on here right now. I'm sure at your end too. Great Expectations leads to Les Miserables when those expectations are not met. Personally, I think the D (and lack of coaching) is responsible for this yet another slow start. Just an opinion though:D

rodu
09-22-2012, 07:00 PM
I think that linebacking corps would be very weak

#58ChiefsFan
09-22-2012, 07:27 PM
Way too early to blownthings up IMO. Plus we dont have the personnel for a 4-3. Dorsey and Jackson are NOT DEs in a 4-3 they are DTs. IF we went to a 4-3, the DEs would be Hali and Houston. Remember Hali is a converted DE.

It wouldn't work with the current roster I agree with your post. Say hypothetically what do you think about adding the few missing pieces and scrapping this NT issue that has plagued us since we switched to the 34 though?

rodu
09-22-2012, 08:09 PM
lets not forget our D sucked in a 4-3 too for the longest time

Yoda
09-22-2012, 08:32 PM
I see no bashing, however, there is a lot of frustration going on here right now. I'm sure at your end too. Great Expectations leads to Les Miserables when those expectations are not met. Personally, I think the D (and lack of coaching) is responsible for this yet another slow start. Just an opinion though:D

I avoid that "misery" by not getting myopic and remembering that it's only game. But ya, "the sky is falling" on my end too.

Bike
09-22-2012, 10:00 PM
lets not forget our D sucked in a 4-3 too for the longest time
And now we suck in the 3-4. And Pioli/Romeo are hell-bent on keeping it that way. Well, even New England had enough sense to go back to the 4-3 in this pass-happy league. Pioli and his New England ways are irrelevant here., and it shows on the field.

Bike
09-22-2012, 10:19 PM
No Brady Quinn
Unfortunately, he's the best QB on the roster at the moment. Sad - I know.

tornadospotter
09-22-2012, 11:52 PM
Yep that's what we should do. Fire them all, and start new. Do it now, we only lost two games. We can still save the season! Sadly I agree about one thing in this threads first post.

Chiefster
09-23-2012, 01:16 AM
Can this team be saved

Can it be saved? Sure.

Will it be saved?...

dl89
09-23-2012, 07:15 AM
I like the change to 4-3, much like every one else in the damn league. I don't trust Zorn as my head coach, but would be happy with him as OC. I'm not quitting on Romeo after two blowouts, but having control of both jobs is too much.

I've thought about using Hillis as a fullback and going old-school on everyone's asses, running the I predominantly and letting Peyton blow up holes for 25 to slither through. That would be fun to watch.

I don't think Elam is an upgrade from Kendrick Lewis, but he is looking okay.

Brady Quinn cannot be your answer for QB. Must have been a typo or something, no big deal.

And pardon me if pointing this out makes me a dick, but listing only two WRs is kind of a cop-out, isn't it? I mean, especially in today's pass-first game, your third and fourth WR (and your second TE, for the matter) could be make or break. So who ya got? I'm giving Wylie a chance to be my Wes Welker, and he's the only one that's even questionable in my mind. Don't blame the skill-players for this wonky offense- blame Matt Cassel and the offensive line.

jap1
09-23-2012, 07:42 PM
It wouldn't work with the current roster I agree with your post. Say hypothetically what do you think about adding the few missing pieces and scrapping this NT issue that has plagued us since we switched to the 34 though?

I think we are better suited to stay 3-4 and wait a year for Poe to fill that role. Honestly, he has played better than I expected him to so far. I think he will fill that role fine next year, and excel the following years. But it has only been 2 games, so it is hard for me to really say what would be best. I think we should wait and see. If we are 0-4, 0-6 then I would say we should start considering drastic changes.

Personnel wise, I think we are well built for a 3-4, its just the coaching has suffered. I want to see how things go the next couple weeks. In another thread the only changes I made were giving Crennel an ultimatum. Fix the D by week XX or force him to make Emmit Smith the DC.

Lord-Chiefy
09-23-2012, 08:31 PM
there is only one RB on our team that could have ran for 199yds today.....it was Charles.

chief31
09-23-2012, 08:34 PM
there is only one RB on our team that could have ran for 199yds today.....it was Charles.

How many could have run.for 233 yards?:lol:

Lord-Chiefy
09-23-2012, 10:34 PM
I think I n made my point^^^^ lol chief

Canada
09-29-2012, 11:57 AM
So we need to fix the #1 offense in the league?? No...we need to fix the defense and get the offense in the end zone. I know it sounds neat to fire everyone after 3 weeks but thats just plain stupid. We need a true DC and let Romeo be the HC. Get the ball in the endzone instead of FGs and we are a pretty good team (assuming the defense gets their sh!t together)

NFL Stats: Team (http://www.nfl.com/stats/team)

chief31
09-29-2012, 12:39 PM
So we need to fix the #1 offense in the league?? No...we need to fix the defense and get the offense in the end zone. I know it sounds neat to fire everyone after 3 weeks but thats just plain stupid. We need a true DC and let Romeo be the HC. Get the ball in the endzone instead of FGs and we are a pretty good team (assuming the defense gets their sh!t together)

I absolutely agree.

But if The Chiefs lose this weekend, we can fully expect the masses to go right back Int "fire 'em all" mode.

bricooper78
09-29-2012, 09:33 PM
So we need to fix the #1 offense in the league?? No...we need to fix the defense and get the offense in the end zone.

Won't say I disagree, but this is a little late to the party there bub :sFl_canada2: you guys on a week long delay on dish?? :lol:

That stat on top offense is yards. Who's the top SCORING offense? Washington Redskins, 33.0 PPG/Average. KC is 17th with 22.7 PPG/Average.
You said that, end zone. And I know you know, all the yards in the world mean absolutely jack if you aren't scoring... kinda like dating :D

oh, BTW, KC is the 28th Ranked team in Defense so far, giving up 33 PPG/Avg.
(Tossing some stats in to help your cause)
The Seattle Seahawks are the top team D, 13PPG/Avg.

chief31
09-29-2012, 10:09 PM
EVERY year I see the same thing for the first four weeks of the season. It is always a cluster-****.

Now... Some teams, the really good, and the really bad teams, tend to be what they truly are. But it's all the rest of the teams, about 20, or more, that have a whole lot of uncharacteristic showing for those first four games.

If I were the betting type, then those first four weeks is when I would go betting against the odds-makers. And I would start going against the overachievers, and for the overachievers starting at week 5.

THAT is when things start to balance out and teams start meeting their expectations.

So while I certainly don't think that we are going to be the 28th ranked defense for the rest of the year, I do see the point about our overacheiving in the offensive rankings.

But then.... I also think we will be scoring TDs at a better percentage than we have so far. Couple that with the improvements I expect from our defense, and I think we will be a tough game on every opponents schedule.

Chiefster
09-29-2012, 11:16 PM

That be a great big THIS!

AkChief49
09-30-2012, 05:17 AM
THAT is when things start to balance out and teams start meeting their expectations.

On that point, we were one blocked field goal from winning the Div. last year. We beat the only unbeaten team, shut down the Donks who beat the Steelers in a playoff game. We ended the year on a big + note.

Like you said of teams reaching their stride later on in the season, this team virtually rose from the dead and almost made the post season. As a result, expectations were high coming into this season for a lot of fans. (guilty)

To be a champion caliber team you cannot (in my opinion) keep laying eggs in your first games year in and year out. You cannot count on an 8-8 or 9-7 season putting you in the post season. Just ask Matt about the 11-5 season he had with the Pats and missed the PS. For that matter we missed the PS with a 10-6 record in 2005. Each and every game counts! (Green Bay may grow even more angry by the time seeding comes around)
We are a fairly young team, but I really thought the D would be better out of the gates. They seem to be righting things. I hope Huston can keep up the pace, he is morphing into a beast.

I love me some Chiefs!! I get mad at them, I'll yell at them(they cannot hear me:D).

Last week was awesome. I do not care what the pundits say, "It's not so hard anymore to win in NO"
"NO has the worse defense in the league"
None of that matters, this team went into the Superdome, fell behind 24-6 to a team as desperate as they were for a win, and won the game. That's hard to do anywhere against anyone. I got to watch that game (one of the few they show up here) and for the D to choke out the Saints the way they did was pretty incredible.

I guess my expectations are always a little high for this team. I should temper them sometimes, but after all I am a fanatic:bananen_smilies046::chiefs:

Our D plays tough all 4 quarters it's Chiefs-28 Dolts-17 for the win- Stay thirsty, my friends:toast2:

AussieChiefsFan
09-30-2012, 05:42 AM
On that point, we were one blocked field goal from winning the Div. last year. We beat the only unbeaten team, shut down the Donks who beat the Steelers in a playoff game. We ended the year on a big + note.

Like you said of teams reaching their stride later on in the season, this team virtually rose from the dead and almost made the post season. As a result, expectations were high coming into this season for a lot of fans. (guilty)

To be a champion caliber team you cannot (in my opinion) keep laying eggs in your first games year in and year out. You cannot count on an 8-8 or 9-7 season putting you in the post season. Just ask Matt about the 11-5 season he had with the Pats and missed the PS. For that matter we missed the PS with a 10-6 record in 2005. Each and every game counts! (Green Bay may grow even more angry by the time seeding comes around)
We are a fairly young team, but I really thought the D would be better out of the gates. They seem to be righting things. I hope Huston can keep up the pace, he is morphing into a beast.

I love me some Chiefs!! I get mad at them, I'll yell at them(they cannot hear me:D).

Last week was awesome. I do not care what the pundits say, "It's not so hard anymore to win in NO"
"NO has the worse defense in the league"
None of that matters, this team went into the Superdome, fell behind 24-6 to a team as desperate as they were for a win, and won the game. That's hard to do anywhere against anyone. I got to watch that game (one of the few they show up here) and for the D to choke out the Saints the way they did was pretty incredible.

I guess my expectations are always a little high for this team. I should temper them sometimes, but after all I am a fanatic:bananen_smilies046::chiefs:

Our D plays tough all 4 quarters it's Chiefs-28 Dolts-17 for the win- Stay thirsty, my friends:toast2:

Oh man thats overlooked a lot. Despite being looked back on as a pretty much failed season, by many. As you said, we very nearly made the post-season. Twice! There were TWO blocked kicks. This is also why I'm not surprised that the Donks aren't lighting things up, even with Peyton.

dl89
09-30-2012, 06:48 AM
Fans really weren't ready for that terrible start. I'm just glad to see nobody jumping ship (yet).

Canada
09-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Won't say I disagree, but this is a little late to the party there bub :sFl_canada2: you guys on a week long delay on dish?? :lol:

That stat on top offense is yards. Who's the top SCORING offense? Washington Redskins, 33.0 PPG/Average. KC is 17th with 22.7 PPG/Average.
You said that, end zone. And I know you know, all the yards in the world mean absolutely jack if you aren't scoring... kinda like dating :D

oh, BTW, KC is the 28th Ranked team in Defense so far, giving up 33 PPG/Avg.
(Tossing some stats in to help your cause)
The Seattle Seahawks are the top team D, 13PPG/Avg.

Soooo...just to get things straight...we have the #1 offense (YPG) so all they need to do is start putting it in the end zone...and improve the defense...Its exactly what I said before but Im glad I could slow it down for you. :bananen_smilies046:

Point being...the offense is moving the ball, the defense is the one putting us in the holes.