PDA

View Full Version : Guess who's leading the NFL in offense

#58ChiefsFan
09-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Who dat with the number one offense in the NFL?

2012 NFL Team Total Stats - National Football League - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total)

CHIEFS DAT at 442 yards per game

Who dat with the number one rushing attack in the NFL?

2012 NFL Team Rushing Stats - National Football League - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing)

CHIEFS DAT at 192 yards per game

IslandKing77
09-24-2012, 07:06 PM
I feel really good about most of those yards coming against second string players late in the 4th quarter once the outcome of the game was no longer in question.

Definitely should celebrate this.

#58ChiefsFan
09-24-2012, 07:21 PM
I feel really good about most of those yards coming against second string players late in the 4th quarter once the outcome of the game was no longer in question.

Like the first half of the Falcons game and the entire game yesterday.

The season is 50% decent and 50% **** on offense.

N TX Dave
09-24-2012, 07:27 PM

Yes like the 510 yards yesterday against the second string players that were in the game.

KCraised
09-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Yes like the 510 yards yesterday against the second string players that were in the game.

Yeah, and 1 TD to show for it. You can have 800 total yards a game, but you better be putting up 7s and not 3s or you will not win, traditionally

KCraised
09-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Atlanta is #19 with 345ypg but is averaging 31.3 ppg. And 3-0. They make thier yards count.

KristofLaw
09-24-2012, 10:32 PM
Well, I hope they continue at this pace in both total yards and rushing and continue to gather momentum as the season goes on and increase their win total each week. Go Chiefs!

*mutters* Wow, lots of grouches over-flowing this forum, glad I'm still here. /

chief31
09-24-2012, 10:58 PM
Yeah, and 1 TD to show for it. You can have 800 total yards a game, but you better be putting up 7s and not 3s or you will not win, traditionally

But The Saints scored TDS BABY!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Chiefster
09-25-2012, 12:11 AM
Can't get the links to open for some reason.

Lord-Chiefy
09-25-2012, 12:34 AM
I think if the team keeps playing with the heart they showed us, then the TD's will start coming.

KCraised
09-25-2012, 12:48 AM
But The Saints scored TDS BABY!!!!!!!!

:lol:
Yeah, on only 288 total yards! Wheres a field goal when you need one?;-D

Chiefster
09-25-2012, 12:50 AM
Paper stats are great but I'll be much more pleased when that starts translating into a nice winning streak for us. :D

chief31
09-25-2012, 12:58 AM
Yeah, on only 288 total yards! Wheres a field goal when you need one?;-D
And the scoreboard SAYS.............

1 TD and 5 FGs beats 3 TDs and 1 FG.

Look.... It would be better to score.TDs.

But leading the team down the field for five FGs is not bad. And having the defense eliminate you from a game in the third quarter does not eliminate when you throw a pair.of TDs afterward.

When the defense is broken,.as it had been, then the defense is where the complaints go.

ThEN.... When we win, go.ahead and blame the QB.:lol:

Chiefster
09-25-2012, 01:02 AM
And the scoreboard SAYS.............

1 TD and 5 FGs beats 3 TDs and 1 FG.

Look.... It would be better to score.TDs.

But leading the team down the field for five FGs is not bad. And having the defense eliminate you from a game in the third quarter does not eliminate when you throw a pair.of TDs afterward.

When the defense is broken,.as it had been, then the defense is where the complaints go.

ThEN.... When we win, go.ahead and blame the QB.:lol:

Yup! I don't care how we win as long as we win! :bananen_smilies046:

N TX Dave
09-25-2012, 01:20 AM
I don't disagree about needing TDs and not FGs, I even said it yesterday, but to say the yards are coming against 2nd string players is not right, when the most yards came against a team that was supposed to walk over the Chiefs that went into overtime.

#58ChiefsFan
09-25-2012, 05:17 AM
Well, I hope they continue at this pace in both total yards and rushing and continue to gather momentum as the season goes on and increase their win total each week. Go Chiefs!

Thank you for understanding the point of this thread.

AussieChiefsFan
09-25-2012, 08:33 AM
Beautiful sight.

Seek
09-25-2012, 09:05 AM
I swear, I read through the Saints Chief official thread yesterday after the game was over and almost every post was some kind of negative cancer feeding BS about how much this teams sucks.

Now, there is a post that had we saw last year may would have been over joyed. Then the first 5 post are negative Cancer Feeding post discrediting it.

Yes, they are not scoring TD's No they did it against the Falcons starters and against the crumby NEW ARLeNS saints..

If people cant find anything positive to say about their team. Why Care....

I can tell you the volume of members posting on this site appears to have decreased over the years and I think it is because people just get tired reading all the hate...

Geez people we just won a game we shouldn 't have by playing with heart. Yes the QB played horrible. But he played with heart and made plays when they mattered. Yes, our Coach played to tie and not win. Yes the defense looked horrible the first half. Yes the refs are replacements.

Despite all that they still won. Just imagine what they will do if those things get turned around. Stop your whining becuase that is not what being a Chiefs fan used to be.

#58ChiefsFan
09-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Well said Seek.

A little negatitivity is healthy and normal but the mindless hate is tough to understand.
:chiefs:

KCraised
09-25-2012, 01:45 PM
I swear, I read through the Saints Chief official thread yesterday after the game was over and almost every post was some kind of negative cancer feeding BS about how much this teams sucks.

Now, there is a post that had we saw last year may would have been over joyed. Then the first 5 post are negative Cancer Feeding post discrediting it.

Yes, they are not scoring TD's No they did it against the Falcons starters and against the crumby NEW ARLeNS saints..

I can tell you the volume of members posting on this site appears to have decreased over the years and I think it is because people just get tired reading all the hate...

Geez people we just won a game we shouldn 't have by playing with heart. Yes the QB played horrible. But he played with heart and made plays when they mattered. Yes, our Coach played to tie and not win. Yes the defense looked horrible the first half. Yes the refs are replacements.

Despite all that they still won. Just imagine what they will do if those things get turned around. Stop your whining becuase that is not what being a Chiefs fan used to be.
Hey, the Chiefs had a great half! Who can deny?!? Defense decided to show up. Come on. The score was 24-SIX. Everyone was saying more of the same. People were saying they were going to go do other stuff with thier Sunday. Qb played horrible but played with heart. Love
this line! But he played HORRIBLE. Yes, savor this win. We have needed SOMETHING to enjoy. Hell, I told people I thought it was the game of the year, so far. You really couldnt ask for a more entertaining game. I was jumping off my couch like a crazed idiot! Yes, 6 field goals are better than NO field goals. But thats SIX times you couldnt finish the deal. Projecting out past this magical game, we better exucute better. That was 35 potential points(not counting overtime field goal) that we had to settle for 15.
I just saw someone post that those figures were pretty skewed and then the sarcasm replies came back at that statement so I basically posted that those numbers dont mean S*** if youre not executing all the way through to the endzone.
1st in total rushing, 1st in total passing....1-2.

Seek
09-25-2012, 02:11 PM
Hey, the Chiefs had a great half! Who can deny?!? Defense decided to show up. Come on. The score was 24-SIX. Everyone was saying more of the same. People were saying they were going to go do other stuff with thier Sunday. Qb played horrible but played with heart. Love
this line! But he played HORRIBLE. Yes, savor this win. We have needed SOMETHING to enjoy. Hell, I told people I thought it was the game of the year, so far. You really couldnt ask for a more entertaining game. I was jumping off my couch like a crazed idiot! Yes, 6 field goals are better than NO field goals. But thats SIX times you couldnt finish the deal. Projecting out past this magical game, we better exucute better. That was 35 potential points(not counting overtime field goal) that we had to settle for 15.
I just saw someone post that those figures were pretty skewed and then the sarcasm replies came back at that statement so I basically posted that those numbers dont mean S*** if youre not executing all the way through to the endzone.
1st in total rushing, 1st in total passing....1-2.

Your entitled to your opinion but when a majority of post on this forum becomes negative regardless of the reasons, it becomes a cancer feeding other peoples doubts and then they post hate adding to the cancer and then it angers people who don't want to hear the constant whinning adding more anger. Then people are so blinded by the hate and anger they fail to grasp reality. The team is what it is. Complaining and whinning about it does nothing but create a hostile environment when everyone appears to want the same goal. There is nothing the whiners can do to fix it, except embrace the team as it is and hope they can improve.

Cassel did play bad. He still did enough to help the team win. While they did not score Td's, they are a heck of a lot closer to narrowing down things they need to work on instead of it being everything. While it was only one half of football the Defense showed signs that they can shut down a high powered offense and have things they can build on. The team did not quit like they did the last two weeks. They came togehter as a Team in all three phases and won a game.

Am I optomistic that they will beat the Chargers. NO, but there are signs now that they can.

KCraised
09-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Well, I totally agree with having faith in the Chiefs. I just call it like I see it. It was one of those sweet wins that you savor for 24 hours and then remind yourself to stay cautiously optomistic. Been a fan for many years. Got great season tickets that I cherish. But im gonna a realist. Yes, they earned 2 quarters of admiration from me. But it was only 4 quarters ago that commentators were saying it sure looked like the team has decided to quit. Thats the worst accusation of all. I think it took a city to scream "Ive had it!" all week to realize to pick it up. I dont think ive ever heard such a collective apathy and anger towards this organization, as I had heard last week. So forgive us skeptics this week. Cautious is the key word

LlamaNinja
09-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Yeah I am hoping they win the next to games IF they do that I still think they can make the playoffs because we beat a rival team then we beat a playoff team. If they lose both games I think we will be back in trouble.

2010chiefs
09-25-2012, 10:02 PM
I think we can beat the Chargers. They didn't look any better then us against the Falcons. We have momentum and we're playing at home. I just hope the play calling improves by mixing it up more. GO CHIEFS!

AussieChiefsFan
09-25-2012, 10:05 PM

Couldn't have said it better, well done! REP
:bananen_smilies046:

nigeriannightmare
09-26-2012, 08:51 AM
I think we can beat the Chargers. They didn't look any better then us against the Falcons. We have momentum and we're playing at home. I just hope the play calling improves by mixing it up more. GO CHIEFS!

Didn't look any better than us they looked way worse than us. We competed for 3 quarters with the falcons had we not missed that field goal who knows.

LlamaNinja
09-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Didn't look any better than us they looked way worse than us. We competed for 3 quarters with the falcons had we not missed that field goal who knows.
Is Ryan Mathews going to be back for that game or is he still out?

Lord-Chiefy
09-26-2012, 01:01 PM
If we can start throwing some quick slant passes and run that will open up the long ball.. I dont know why we dont throw more of the quick slant stuff..heck thats usually what torches our DB's all the frikin time. I know having DMC in would help, but we didnt do it when he was in the game?????

Love the heart Bowe showed us, lets carry it over Bowe.. Baldwin made some nice plays as well.. Now if we can get matt to lower his passes a bit and get some accuracy on balls over 25yd's we could really start putting points on the board.
I'd save Charles for end of 2nd qtr and 2nd half..wear out the D with other backs first..give the rookie a shot. Charles has always done better late in games.

Our O-line just needs to do what its been doing giving matt 3-7seconds a play.. I'd love to see some Moeaki in this game as well..

Thats just some thoughts I have....thanks for reading..

nigeriannightmare
09-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Is Ryan Mathews going to be back for that game or is he still out?

He played this week and had a fumble in the red zone that was there only real scoring opportunity. he had 60 yards rushing. So hes back but i think hes in the doghouse.

LlamaNinja
09-26-2012, 05:30 PM
He played this week and had a fumble in the red zone that was there only real scoring opportunity. he had 60 yards rushing. So hes back but i think hes in the doghouse.
That was against the Falcons though and we all know they have been looking pretty good. I just hope he doesnt show up needing to prove himself like Charles did last week.

NJChiefs
09-26-2012, 07:05 PM
The most important stat in football= turnover differential. We can pile uo 500 yards of offense every game and still lose if we don't stop turning the damn ball over. One turner can equate to a 14 point swing.

AkChief49
09-26-2012, 08:04 PM
That was against the Falcons though and we all know they have been looking pretty good. I just hope he doesnt show up needing to prove himself like Charles did last week.
The Falcons, actually, are just below us in rush yards/game on defense. We are allowing 122.7/game the Falcons are allowing 128.7/game.
If our D plays like last week, it will not matter. They need to play with confidence and like NJChief says "a couple of turnovers" will not hurt.

chief31
09-26-2012, 09:15 PM
The most important stat in football= turnover differential. We can pile uo 500 yards of offense every game and still lose if we don't stop turning the damn ball over. One turner can equate to a 14 point swing.

ABSOLUTELY!

It is difficult to hold onto the ball while looking to throw it. But Cassel HAS TO get better at it, with some help from the pass protection.

And the defense needs to be able to produce some turnovers too.

IslandKing77
09-26-2012, 09:40 PM
There are a couple of reasons not to hyperventilate while jumping for joy regarding the Chiefs beating the Saints.

At 0-2 it was a must win game for both teams, I referred to this game through the week as 'the battle of who wants it least'.

It's debatable which team had more on the line. The Saints while 0-2 atleast showed up to play in both of their games. The Chiefs at 0-2 had only showed up to play 2 quarters of football. The Saints have every excuse in the world giving them permission to lose games, the Chiefs had every expectation of being legit this year.

In a clutch, must win game, the Offense could only muster 6 field goals and 1 TD against a defense designed around a bend don't break philosophy. The Saints are HAPPY to give up field goals because their offense typically throws up 40 or more points a game.

Cassel must go, and this win only delays that inevitability.

So no, sorry, this isn't the coming out party all the fans hope for, it's just the continuation of the implosion of the Saints.

I HOPE the Chiefs do well and I HOPE that they win every time they take the field. I am a Chiefs fan, I pull for them every week and no matter how many times they break my heart I keep coming back like an abused spouse.

However, having faith in a professional sports team is just a laughable concept. People need to reserve their faith for the deity of thier choosing, not a commericial endeavor.

drstandley31
09-30-2012, 08:44 PM
I'll go to my grave with a red and gold coffen, so I'm not just ripping on this team because it's fun. But in the past 2 years, when you've given up 30+ points 12 or more times, with what is supposed to be a "great" defensive minded coach, you've got problems. They Suck!