PDA

View Full Version : Official Petition to bench Matt Cassel is spreading

KansasCityChiefs
10-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Petition:

"We the fans of The Kansas City Chiefs, on this 1st day of October 2012, have elected to voice our overwhelming discontent with the current Quarterback of our beloved NFL football team, Matt Cassel. We will not stand idly by as our team and city are disgraced by poor performance. Let this petition mark the beginning of a new era of professional athletics wherein the customer (us) elect the best man to represent not only our team but our city as well. Like our four fathers, we expect our actions to be met with controversy, and like our four fathers we will overcome it!"

I cant post the link but its on ipetitions dot com slash petitions slash fire-matt-cassel

I signed it, and I implore you all to do the same!

Sick Dog
10-01-2012, 12:57 PM
I am absolutely not defending Matt Cassel because yes he needs to go but I hope you are ready to start the petition for the back ups when they are even worse...The Chiefs answer to the QB woes are not on this team!

OPLookn
10-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Petition:

"We the fans of The Kansas City Chiefs, on this 1st day of October 2012, have elected to voice our overwhelming discontent with the current Quarterback of our beloved NFL football team, Matt Cassel. We will not stand idly by as our team and city are disgraced by poor performance. Let this petition mark the beginning of a new era of professional athletics wherein the customer (us) elect the best man to represent not only our team but our city as well. Like our four fathers, we expect our actions to be met with controversy, and like our four fathers we will overcome it!"

I cant post the link but its on ipetitions dot com slash petitions slash fire-matt-cassel

And do what?!?

1) Put in Quinn?
Apparently you weren't watching the preseason when Quinn looked god awful against a starting defense. And that was preseason when he wouldn't see a full defensive playbook.

2) Start Ricki Stanzi?
I get it that people like Stanzi, he's a cult hero. Move on. Stanzi looked bad against #2's and couldn't beat out Quinn. Stanzi isn't the answer.

3) Trade.
For who?!? Vince Young, David Garrard or some other no name QB who can't hold a job in the NFL or stay on a team? Yeah that's a great idea!

Bottom line is as much as I dislike Cassel and want him off the field for a better QB a better solution simply doesn't exist. Hate on by all means though.

Solution:
Draft Geno Smith, if you haven't watched him, looked at his stats or know that he's on the Heisman watch then you need to investigate. He's an absolute beast! Over 80% passes completed, 1700 yards this season (656 against Baylor this Saturday for 8 TD's) and 20 TD's with 0 INT's. Did I mention that the guy has touch on the ball too? I watched him throw a 45 yard TD strike that caught the guy in stride as he waltzed into the end zone. The heck with Landry Jones or a hyped Matt Barkley!!

N TX Dave
10-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Well not that I disagree with you one bit, the game yesterday was a pathetic excuse for a professional team, but it is forefathers not four fathers, you usually only have one father. I usually don't say anything about grammar or spelling but if you want a petition be taken seriously it needs to be grammatically correct.

Seek
10-01-2012, 01:23 PM
I am absolutely not defending Matt Cassel because yes he needs to go but I hope you are ready to start the petition for the back ups when they are even worse...The Chiefs answer to the QB woes are not on this team!

Where is the Bench Romeo petition? How about the Bench Eric Winston? Bench the entire freaking Defense starting with Eric Berry? Bench the snapper whose only job is to put the ball on the target for kicks. Bench all of the coaches.

Last time I checked, Cassel had Zero to do with the Chargers going right down the field and scoring on the opening Drive. This team is under performing something aweful and the only variable single variable is the coaching.

While everyone may want to hang Cassel, replacing him won't fix a dang thing. It is time for Romeo to go. This team plays with Zero urgency. The whole entire team has his laid back approach in everything they do. Can't tell you how many times the team how hums it from the huddle to the line. Both sides of the ball. There was numerous times the Defense was not even set by the time the play is snapped including the very first TD. It was snap and throw, TD... When you are down by 17, you may want to put a little more urgency in your offense to get the ball moving instead of killing the clock.

Then don't go saying, I don't know why the whole team was off and saying things like it is not our team character to turn the ball over. What team have you coached all year.

chiefnut
10-01-2012, 01:33 PM
i am first in line to buy cassel a bus ticket out of town, BUT we have no better replacement for this year. use the remainder of this years games to right as many team wrongs and plan for his 2013 replacement.

#58ChiefsFan
10-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Well not that I disagree with you one bit, the game yesterday was a pathetic excuse for a professional team, but it is forefathers not four fathers, you usually only have one father. I usually don't say anything about grammar or spelling but if you want a petition be taken seriously it needs to be grammatically correct.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not going to put my name on something that isn't properly presented.

chiefnut
10-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Geno Smith for future consideration, another RG III ??

WVU senior 6'3 235

was 45/51 686 yds 8 tds 0 int saturday

has not thrown less than 64% completions over 4 years

looks loke the real deal, worth watching the rest of this year...

LlamaNinja
10-01-2012, 02:16 PM
I made it official....
https://www.change.org/petitions/clark-hunt-bench-matt-cassel

Chiefster
10-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Petition:

...And you would replace him with, oh let me guess, MyManOrton right?

Bike
10-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Cassel will not be benched. Romeo has orders from headquarters.

SBV_Eagle_Bull
10-01-2012, 05:02 PM
:troll31: Matt Cassel needs pass protection. Our O-line looked liked ****. Maybe is cause S.D. has a great front 7. Maybe..... But for you to call out Cassel like he hasen't gave his heart to this team is wrong. Its only been 4 games. And we are 1-3. (Not good) There are still 12 games left in the season. He's still working out the kinks in the offense. Thats what leaders do. I say keep Cassel as our starter. Give him another 4 games. If he keeps throwing INTs, then yeah. I say bench him. But 4 more games seems right to me.

On another note, we still look good, I will never lose faith in our beloved CHIEFS.

jason1981
10-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Eagle bull ur blinded as i was. Iv always watched every game every snap till the end of the game since for like 15 years and now i just record it and if its good il watch it if not il iust delete it. Not going to let the chiefs ruin my day cuz pioli cant swallow his pride and bench cassel. Throw stanzi in there andblet him gain experince so next year we can have him as back up woth some experience.

LlamaNinja
10-01-2012, 06:57 PM
David Garrard

2010chiefs
10-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Cassel has had 4 years to get acclimated as a starting QB and this is the best we are going to get from him. Our back ups should be given the same opportunity to see what we really have in them. Cassel has gotten worse and worse. We're wasting valuable time on a QB that isn't going to get any better. WTF are we hoping to see week after week with him. Even if he has one good game it doesn't reflect on him as a QB for the entire year. I rather not see him have a good game as it only justifies to Pioli that he should be our starting QB next year.

Bike
10-01-2012, 07:46 PM
:troll31: Matt Cassel needs pass protection. Our O-line looked liked ****. Maybe is cause S.D. has a great front 7. Maybe..... But for you to call out Cassel like he hasen't gave his heart to this team is wrong. Its only been 4 games. And we are 1-3. (Not good) There are still 12 games left in the season. He's still working out the kinks in the offense. Thats what leaders do. I say keep Cassel as our starter. Give him another 4 games. If he keeps throwing INTs, then yeah. I say bench him. But 4 more games seems right to me.

On another note, we still look good, I will never lose faith in our beloved CHIEFS.
He's had 4 years. Another 4 games isn't gonna provide Cassel some magical ability to turn himself into a servicable NFL QB. Pioli made a serious error in judgement by bringing a backup QB here and giving him 60 million dollars. I don't blame this situation on Cassel. He has the heart, just not the ability. I blame all this on Scott Pioli. He screwed up big time with Haley and Cassel. As I read in a article somebody else here posted, Pioli needs to drop his New England ways and establish his own identity. Pioli imho was a bust.
And Romeo needs to get flat out mean. He can't allow Cassel (or Pioli) decide his legacy. Hire a defensive coordinator. Bench Cassel and give Quinn a shot. He can't be any worse - thats for sure. If Pioli says no - walk away.

Lord-Chiefy
10-01-2012, 08:35 PM
They won't bench him

AkChief49
10-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Not defending Matt, but the entire team needs called on the carpet for yesterdays disgraceful performance. I did not get to watch the game but going over the play by play it's way too obvious that we gave the Dolts a gift wrapped Divisional game!!!!!

6 turnovers?!! You look at the stat lines and it's no wonder Phyllis has a little over 200yds. throwing. he did not need to do anything, the Chiefs did all of it for him. Cassel had a hand it, sure. Look at the fumbles (4) lost (3) penalties at inopportune times. Jekyll and Hyde is the way to describe us thus far.

Our D choked them on 3 straight possessions in the 4th and we did NOTHING on these opportunities. It was still a two possession game. We had decent field position all 3 times (35 yard line-ish). we had (2) 3 and outs and then a fumble at midfield. It's not all on Matt,
not by a long shot.

I hope they get it fixed. They are not playing well is putting it mildly. Not the team I expected!

Love ya Chiefs, but you guys need to gut check and soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matthewschiefs
10-01-2012, 11:10 PM

THe prtection was not great And Cassel is not alone in the blame but Cassel played BAD. He had a chance to hit a wide open Bowe that would have made it a 1 score game and HE MISSED him with a overthrow. That's not the protections fault.

Cassel wouldn't be getting so much heat if he was not turning the ball over so much. Right now he is on pace for 40 turnovers this year. That can't happen. I don't think if he keeps turning it over at the rate he is that we can afford to keep him in there for anther 4 weeks if we want any shot to be in the AFC west race. He has had time to get with it and is not progressing. I don't think he deserves that much time if he doesn't step it up REAL FAST

Hayvern
10-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Where is the Bench Romeo petition? How about the Bench Eric Winston? Bench the entire freaking Defense starting with Eric Berry?

Now, I am wondering when this happens. Safety is the quarterback for the defense, and Berry is playing like crap as well. He seems to be mismatched against tight ends everytime he goes out there. Jumping on the back of the Buffalo player and hitching a ride?

Gates is a good tight end, there is no doubt about that, one of the best and he made Berry look like a high school player on Sunday.

nigeriannightmare
10-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Now, I am wondering when this happens. Safety is the quarterback for the defense, and Berry is playing like crap as well. He seems to be mismatched against tight ends everytime he goes out there. Jumping on the back of the Buffalo player and hitching a ride?

Gates is a good tight end, there is no doubt about that, one of the best and he made Berry look like a high school player on Sunday.

Is it his knee?????? I thought he went head to head with larry fitzgerald and did alright in the preseason. Yeah antonio made berry look really awful.

Hayvern
10-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Is it his knee?????? I thought he went head to head with larry fitzgerald and did alright in the preseason. Yeah antonio made berry look really awful.

I don't think it is his knee, he is showing good mobility, I just think it is inexperience. I am not ready to throw in the towel, I always try to give players three years and so far Berry really has had only one.

#58ChiefsFan
10-02-2012, 01:23 PM

Gates is a nine year vet and 8x pro-bowler while that was Berrys 21st game. I think Gates is just that much better. I do wonder what will happen when Lewis does come back with Eric being out of position way too much.

brdempsey69
10-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Sorry, but benching Cassel isn't going to cure the Chiefs woes for the 2012 season.

The best course of action is to let the season play out, then in the off-season, work out a reasonable deal with Washington to acquire Kirk Cousins. I'd rather go this route than draft a QB in 2013. Cousins played very well in the 2012 preseason. He is a bonafide leader & throws the deep ball very well, he's mobile, & to me, he looks very much like Rich Gannon. It wouldn't cost the Chiefs any more than a 2nd round pick at the most.

LlamaNinja
10-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Sorry, but benching Cassel isn't going to cure the Chiefs woes for the 2012 season.

The best course of action is to let the season play out, then in the off-season, work out a reasonable deal with Washington to acquire Kirk Cousins. I'd rather go this route than draft a QB in 2013. Cousins played very well in the 2012 preseason. He is a bonafide leader & throws the deep ball very well, he's mobile, & to me, he looks very much like Rich Gannon. It wouldn't cost the Chiefs any more than a 2nd round pick at the most.
:beat_DeadHorse:Your a backup for a reason.

KCraised
10-02-2012, 02:41 PM
And do what?!?

1) Put in Quinn?
Apparently you weren't watching the preseason when Quinn looked god awful against a starting defense. And that was preseason when he wouldn't see a full defensive playbook.

2) Start Ricki Stanzi?
I get it that people like Stanzi, he's a cult hero. Move on. Stanzi looked bad against #2's and couldn't beat out Quinn. Stanzi isn't the answer.

3) Trade.
For who?!? Vince Young, David Garrard or some other no name QB who can't hold a job in the NFL or stay on a team? Yeah that's a great idea!

Bottom line is as much as I dislike Cassel and want him off the field for a better QB a better solution simply doesn't exist. Hate on by all means though.

Solution:
Draft Geno Smith, if you haven't watched him, looked at his stats or know that he's on the Heisman watch then you need to investigate. He's an absolute beast! Over 80% passes completed, 1700 yards this season (656 against Baylor this Saturday for 8 TD's) and 20 TD's with 0 INT's. Did I mention that the guy has touch on the ball too? I watched him throw a 45 yard TD strike that caught the guy in stride as he waltzed into the end zone. The heck with Landry Jones or a hyped Matt Barkley!!

Well, Hell, if you are already looking towards next years draft, whywould it even MATTER if we took a chance on Quinn????

OPLookn
10-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Well, Hell, if you are already looking towards next years draft, whywould it even MATTER if we took a chance on Quinn????

Did you not watch the preseason? Quinn and Stanzi were horrible against 2nd and 3rd stringers running a vanilla defense. Magically a month later they're ready for an NFL game? My point was we need to draft a QB that can step in and start. In the mean time complaining about Cassel does about as much good as screaming at a traffic light to turn green.

KCraised
10-02-2012, 02:48 PM
With Cassel from here on out, our season is shot. If Quinn is so incompetent, he shouldnt even be on this team. But he is. And he is an option. I mean, if cassel went down and Quinn came in, would you stop watching the Chiefs? Because he is THAT bad? No.
We need to start making changes unless you wanna keep seeing Ls hung on the board. We have problems in alot of places. BUT we have tremendous talent. Shake this team up and bench him. So a losing stays a losing season? What have you really lost?
San Diego is rolling, Denver coming on. Something has to change NOW. Or another year of the same old s***

KCraised
10-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Did you not watch the preseason? Quinn and Stanzi were horrible against 2nd and 3rd stringers running a vanilla defense. Magically a month later they're ready for an NFL game? My point was we need to draft a QB that can step in and start. In the mean time complaining about Cassel does about as much good as screaming at a traffic light to turn green.

Well? Are you watching Cassel in the REGULAR season??????

brdempsey69
10-02-2012, 03:59 PM
:beat_DeadHorse:Your a backup for a reason.

Well, no screaming eagle sh!t !! Who is it that Cousins is backing up that the Skins paid such a high price for & appears to be panning out very well?

That doesn't mean that Cousins couldn't be a quality starter for some other team.

Did you watch any of Cousins play in the preseason? He looked WAY better than any QB that the Chiefs have on their roster at present.

OPLookn
10-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Well? Are you watching Cassel in the REGULAR season??????

Yes, I am. Cassel beat down Quinn and Stanzi in preseason but he's having trouble now. Both Quinn and Stanzi would get demolished unless some Tony Danza movie happened. Angels in the end zone perhaps?

The fans have played this game several times before. It brought us Croyle and Palko. How many times are we going to have to beat our heads against a wall to think that a backup that couldn't be out Cassel is the answer?

KCraised
10-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Something has to change.....there needs to be experimentation. Things need to be shaken up. We field the same team and get the same result ...L.
I didnt say cut Cassel, I said bench him. Quinn and Stanzi are on an NFL payroll and this season nearly has a fork in it 4 games in. You have a season where season ticket holders give thier tickets away for a six pack of beer, in trade. The tickets are almost not worth the paper they are printed on. Bench the supposed leader. See if that gets some attention. You have a coach that immediately says he is stixking with Cassel. Thats an irresponsible statement. He shouldve given the vanilla political "we are gonna look at the game film" response and gave it serious consideration.
I remember being up for giving Orton a try this season (he probably didnt wanna sign with us, anyways) and everyone was saying how Cassel didnt get the chance under Crennel to possibly ahow what he could do. Guess what? Different coaches same result. I paid good money for multiple season tickets. I am a customer and they are expected to field a competitive team. They are failing. Time to shake it up.

honda522
10-02-2012, 05:29 PM
The sad thing is I dont think Quinn is any better. Stanzi probably not. We will see I guess.

#58ChiefsFan
10-02-2012, 05:59 PM
The sad thing is I dont think Quinn is any better. Stanzi probably not. We will see I guess.

The team has the talent. If Quinn presents a better pocket presence the team may respond to that. I never thought of Orton as "that" guy but he did a decent job last year. The players are human and so much failure to move the ball consistently has to be tough on them.

AkChief49
10-02-2012, 06:20 PM
It really sucks that this team is reeling like it is. I wanted Matts head like a lot of others, but looking at it rationally, like BRDempsey said it is not all on Matt. He is definitely in a funk. The whole team is fogged right now. I'm not claiming Matt is great, we all have known he is a manager.

I posted a quote a week or so ago about how this game has to played. I'll post it again-
"You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four."- Dan Birdwell

I see some positive effort but not ALL the time. You cannot take plays off. I want emotion, gritty toughness, signs of life, something. I'll take being in the game at half time and not trying to overcome a 17 point deficit. Our turnovers have to stop. We have to give ourselves a chance. -13 in turnovers thus far-dead last in the league.

The Ravens are 29th against the pass-allowing 295 yds/game. They are not unbeatable, as long as we do help them.

KCraised
10-02-2012, 06:45 PM

It could be worse, yeah. I, admittedly, was calling for Palko to come in last year. Got what I was hoping for indirectly and we know how that train wreck derailed.
So Quinn could lay another qb egg on us. But im sure willing to try SOMETHING. I'm not the coach so ill just live with whatever they come up with. No choice

2010chiefs
10-02-2012, 07:31 PM
When Orton came in last year. The team responded. It wasn't the coach. It was the QB. Maybe we can get a spark with a different QB. Everyone says our backups are no better then Cassel. Like someone else posted earlier. We can have Arron Rogers here and Cassel would still start with Pioli and Crennel at the helm. Proves us wrong and let's move on.

brdempsey69
10-02-2012, 07:41 PM
It really sucks that this team is reeling like it is. I wanted Matts head like a lot of others, but looking at it rationally, like BRDempsey said it is not all on Matt. He is definitely in a funk. The whole team is fogged right now. I'm not claiming Matt is great, we all have known he is a manager.

I posted a quote a week or so ago about how this game has to played. I'll post it again-
"You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four."- Dan Birdwell

I see some positive effort but not ALL the time. You cannot take plays off. I want emotion, gritty toughness, signs of life, something. I'll take being in the game at half time and not trying to overcome a 17 point deficit. Our turnovers have to stop. We have to give ourselves a chance. -13 in turnovers thus far-dead last in the league.

The Ravens are 29th against the pass-allowing 295 yds/game. They are not unbeatable, as long as we do help them.

Incidentally, Dan Birdwell was a D-Lineman for the Oakland Raiders in the '60's --- perhaps that's why the Chiefs aren't listening to his statement :smile.

But unless they make a trade, or Cassel gets hurt ( and I suspect many Chiefs fans are secretly hoping for such ) and Quinn comes into a game and lights it up, Cassel will probably be starting.

And yes, overall team effort has been lacking. Case in point -- Eric Berry -- I saw it up close & personal as I was at the game & even wearing a jersey with his name and number on it that was given to me ( Just ask Connie Jo, who I spotted and introduced myself to & told her who I was ). Berry played poorly....period. Isn't he supposed to be a leader-type and supposed to have good cover skills? He has shown neither since being drafted and coming to the Chiefs ( BTW, that whole 2010 draft is looking like a complete farce, except Kendrick Lewis ), and too often, it looks like he just flat out quits ( he's not the only one, though ).

chief31
10-02-2012, 07:57 PM
The team has the talent. If Quinn presents a better pocket presence the team may respond to that. I never thought of Orton as "that" guy but he did a decent job last year. The players are human and so much failure to move the ball consistently has to be tough on them.

Orton gave us 13 points per game.

The big difference is the defense.

#58ChiefsFan
10-02-2012, 08:18 PM

FWIW I didn't like Kyle before, during or after his time in red and gold. He was serviceable and helped us to 2 wins but we didn't loose much when he decided to go hold a clipboard.

N TX Dave
10-03-2012, 02:53 AM

I think Orton gave the team more than 13 points a game, he gave them a new attitude. The team played for him and I feel like they don't for Cassell, they know they have to overcome Cassell's short comings before the game even starts so they are not the same team. You talk about the fans giving up on the team to me it looks like the team has given up on Cassell who cannot throw an accurate pass if his life depended when under any pressure. This coming from a Cassell supporter until this year. We are not going to do anything until we get an elite QB by hook or crook.

Seek
10-03-2012, 09:23 AM
When Orton came in last year. The team responded. It wasn't the coach. It was the QB. Maybe we can get a spark with a different QB. Everyone says our backups are no better then Cassel. Like someone else posted earlier. We can have Arron Rogers here and Cassel would still start with Pioli and Crennel at the helm. Proves us wrong and let's move on.

I completely disagree with this. No way does Orton have the Defense step up and shut down Green Bay. No way.... The variable was Haley getting canned. This team played with energy.

They are not playing with that energy, you can see it in every aspect of the game now. You saw them turn it around against New Orleans because they had too. They started to do it against San Diego until it was squashed by another turnover.

chief31
10-03-2012, 06:56 PM
I completely disagree with this. No way does Orton have the Defense step up and shut down Green Bay. No way.... The variable was Haley getting canned. This team played with energy.

They are not playing with that energy, you can see it in every aspect of the game now. You saw them turn it around against New Orleans because they had too. They started to do it against San Diego until it was squashed by another turnover.

For me the variable was something that Crennel saw in The Packers' offense. I think we exposed something, because they have not been the same since.

LlamaNinja
10-03-2012, 07:07 PM
For me the variable was something that Crennel saw in The Packers' offense. I think we exposed something, because they have not been the same since.
If you look hard their is an article online explaining the coverage we used on them and how it shut the team down. Also that all the teams that play them now use the same general concept. That is why Rodgers has not been getting is 30+ point games anymore.

2010chiefs
10-03-2012, 08:52 PM
I think Orton gave the team more than 13 points a game, he gave them a new attitude. The team played for him and I feel like they don't for Cassell, they know they have to overcome Cassell's short comings before the game even starts so they are not the same team. You talk about the fans giving up on the team to me it looks like the team has given up on Cassell who cannot throw an accurate pass if his life depended when under any pressure. This coming from a Cassell supporter until this year. We are not going to do anything until we get an elite QB by hook or crook.
^^^^Couldn't agree with you more sir^^^^

AussieChiefsFan
10-03-2012, 10:41 PM
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/149610_461965213826395_2127903255_n.jpg

chief31
10-03-2012, 11:14 PM

They have to overcome 22 PPG, but Orton's 13 PPG were a huge motivator?

You think they came into game one having already given up and felt defeated when he drove them down the field for a score on each of his first five possessions?

And after he did that, you think they still felt so little confidence in THAT guy that they didn't bother to play hard?

I realize that you are meaning subliminally, but after he came out and torched The Falcons for five straight possessions, I think there would be a different subliminal thinking going on. And the whopping 13 PPG of Orton would surely decrease the subliminal excitement there.

Although, the whole theory IS just pure speculation.

Why am I still typing? :lol:

Connie Jo
10-04-2012, 08:24 PM
And do what?!?

1) Put in Quinn?

2) Start Ricki Stanzi?

3) Trade.

Solution:

REP!!! I totally agree! Geno Smith is my preference for a QB pick in 2013 also, and...he has been my preference even before his amazing 8 TD game, lol. I jumped on the GS fan wagon 2-3 wks. ago. Kid is amazing! GO CHIEFS!!!!

Connie Jo
10-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Where is the Bench Romeo petition? How about the Bench Eric Winston? Bench the entire freaking Defense starting with Eric Berry? Bench the snapper whose only job is to put the ball on the target for kicks. Bench all of the coaches.

Last time I checked, Cassel had Zero to do with the Chargers going right down the field and scoring on the opening Drive. This team is under performing something aweful and the only variable single variable is the coaching.

While everyone may want to hang Cassel, replacing him won't fix a dang thing. It is time for Romeo to go. This team plays with Zero urgency. The whole entire team has his laid back approach in everything they do. Can't tell you how many times the team how hums it from the huddle to the line. Both sides of the ball. There was numerous times the Defense was not even set by the time the play is snapped including the very first TD. It was snap and throw, TD... When you are down by 17, you may want to put a little more urgency in your offense to get the ball moving instead of killing the clock.

Then don't go saying, I don't know why the whole team was off and saying things like it is not our team character to turn the ball over. What team have you coached all year.

REP!!! THIS!!!

Connie Jo
10-04-2012, 08:27 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

brdempsey69
10-04-2012, 08:28 PM
REP!!! I totally agree! Geno Smith is my preference for a QB pick in 2013 also, and...he has been my preference even before his amazing 8 TD game, lol. I jumped on the GS fan wagon 2-3 wks. ago. Kid is amazing! GO CHIEFS!!!!

And a rep here to you. 6 TD passes in the Orange Bowl against Clemson last January. Big time performance in a big time game....exactly the type of guy the Chiefs need under Center in 2013. I also had been on his bandwagon for a couple of weeks after doing some study on him. He's right up there with RGIII.

Lord-Chiefy
10-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Quinn isnt the answer I hate him!!! I loved every second watching him in the green room getting passed on over and over..

AussieChiefsFan
10-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Yea Im definately for drafting a QB like Geno Smith. Im suspicious of Matt Barkley coming out of USC too.