PDA

View Full Version : How I wish for the days long gone

Hayvern
10-02-2012, 01:27 PM
With all the craziness that is being a Chiefs fan these days, I found myself longing for the good old days! You know, when we had Lynn Elliot as our kicker!!!!

MUAHAHAHAH!

Eydugstr
10-02-2012, 05:41 PM
I'd take Marty Schottenheimer back in a second.

#58ChiefsFan
10-02-2012, 05:47 PM
I was thinking yesterday that its a damn shame Pioli and Co. seem to have no clue what Arrowhead was and should be again. It seems like a major disconnect between the fan base and the front office, i get their "trying", but the fourth year of a rebuild your head coach probably shouldn't be saying, "I don't know why the game went the way it did".

Arrowhead Stadium is but a shell of what it should be.

There was a brief glimpse of the glory days on the MNF games. It's just kind of sad to see an empty stadium, we have always gutted it out when we attend but I can not fault anyone for choosing to leave early.

I won't comment on the kicker who shall remain nameless since he does not exist.:lol:

Hayvern
10-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Doesn't anyone get humor anymore? Come on, I was talking about Lin Elliot here, not Carl Peterson or Marty Schottenhiemer!

You know, "Laces Out Elliot"? Three failed field goal attempts in 1996 against the Colts? Don't you guys have any history?

AkChief49
10-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Doesn't anyone get humor anymore? Come on, I was talking about Lin Elliot here, not Carl Peterson or Marty Schottenhiemer!

You know, "Laces Out Elliot"? Three failed field goal attempts in 1996 against the Colts? Don't you guys have any history?
I got it. Damn kicker not to be mentioned!! Ah the 90's, those halcyon days.... At least back then we were always the bridesmaids, though never the bride.:D

reded
10-02-2012, 08:51 PM
I'd take the bridesmaid over the doormat any day.

That was a GREAT era to be a Chiefs fan!

KCraised
10-02-2012, 08:52 PM

I remember it. I had to stick those hand warmer packets in my oversized shoes, from fear of frostbite. Talk about a bitter loss, figuratively and literally...

KCraised
10-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Might dig my vcr out to watch those old tapes when we actually had gawdy regular season win/loss records!

Chiefster
10-03-2012, 03:10 PM
You have uttered the name that was sworn would not henceforth be uttered! Your man card please sir! :11: :lol:

nigeriannightmare
10-03-2012, 06:22 PM

Elvis Grbac.

Lord-Chiefy
10-04-2012, 09:19 PM
I'd take Marty Schottenheimer back in a second.

Lol I Ssaid that the other day in another thread.

Eydugstr
10-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Lol I Ssaid that the other day in another thread.

The funny part is there's boatloads of Chargers and Browns fans saying the same thing!!