PDA

View Full Version : Eric Winston Audio

#58ChiefsFan
10-07-2012, 06:22 PM
@TheBigLead: You absolutely MUST listen to this RT @JasonLisk: Eric Winston audio blasting Chiefs fans for booing QB injury Eric Winston Was Pissed About Fans Cheering Matt Cassel’s Injury: “We Are Not Gladiators” | The Big Lead (http://t.co/3DBzibGK)

Audio is about half way down in blue

Hayvern
10-07-2012, 06:45 PM
He has reason to be pissed, I was stunned that our own fans cheered him getting knocked out. I think we all want a QB change, but this is not how we want that change to happen.

I was stunned that even people here on the Chiefs Crowd acted the same way, even going so far as to saying that they hoped his career was over. Really? Are we that damned pathetic as fans?

KCraised
10-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Is he referring to Quinn coming in? Because I heard the whole stadium clapping for him coming in. All I heard was clapping when he was walking to the locker room,glad he was ok.
And Eric, you guys are totally portrayed as Gladiators...in ads of all types. And fans are rabid in face paint and to the extremes and are looking for blood. So dont act like we are knitting, here. This is a brutally violent game, where the next play can EASILY be your last and put you in a wheelchair. So dont expect EVERYBODY to be classy sports fans. That minority of bloodthirstiness is in every town, every crowd.
I wonder if he has ever watched a boxing match or an MMA event? He says people cheering for a knockout, he doesnt care who it is, is sickening. Bet he has. Our society is always looking for a knockout so don't forget the game of violence that makes you rich, buddy.

LlamaNinja
10-07-2012, 06:51 PM
70,000?!
I have a feeling EVERYONE wasnt doing it. I think Winston isnt looking that great on the line though, I am sure everyone notices he is getting a few flags.

whackojacko58
10-07-2012, 06:57 PM
I was at the game im tired of getting this reaction!!! Cheering happened because cassel had a good play we didnt see him get hurt when he lay there we all went silent when he left under his own power we cheered cause he got up!!!! Then yes cheering happened when quinn came onto the field (as a former highschool player i never cheer for injuries or when a replace comes in) so i did not take part in that. But when i saw quinn and the chiefs march down the field i cheered we looked alot sharper. Even though i didnt cheer when quinn came on i wont let people portray the way we acted without voiceing my own opinion. They never showed cassel get hurt on the play we didnt know till after the play... Sorry tv shows us negative but was not the truth....

KCraised
10-07-2012, 07:03 PM
I STILL think most of the fans he heard, were the ones cheering for Quinn coming on as Cassel was coming off towards the stairs to the tunnel. You can hope for Quinn to come in and not hope for an injury to Cassel

KCraised
10-07-2012, 07:09 PM
I was at the game im tired of getting this reaction!!! Cheering happened because cassel had a good play we didnt see him get hurt when he lay there we all went silent when he left under his own power we cheered cause he got up!!!! Then yes cheering happened when quinn came onto the field (as a former highschool player i never cheer for injuries or when a replace comes in) so i did not take part in that. But when i saw quinn and the chiefs march down the field i cheered we looked alot sharper. Even though i didnt cheer when quinn came on i wont let people portray the way we acted without voiceing my own opinion. They never showed cassel get hurt on the play we didnt know till after the play... Sorry tv shows us negative but was not the truth....
Best description of it. I was only happy when Cassel was ok and then I cheered for Quinn. Winston really strung us out unfairly on this one.....

garciakcfan
10-07-2012, 07:11 PM
I cheered and you know what I can care less about what anybody thinks. I'm glad I haven't wasted my hard earned money in the past couple of years to go to kc and watch pathetic football. They aren't gladiators but they get paid a hell of a lot more money than I do to play a "game" and with that money comes scrutiny, power, fame, money. You take the good with the bad everyday in life and if someone doesn't like it, oh f'n well. We needed a change and god forced the hand of change today at arrowhead but I'm sure he'll be back. Go chiefs and we need to start Ricki Stanzi!!!

2010chiefs
10-07-2012, 07:13 PM
that injury looked staged to me. Hope the guy is ok but ive seen him take bigger hits. i hope he faked it for the sake of the team. id respect that.

matthewschiefs
10-07-2012, 07:13 PM
:toast2:

I think this is a case of the actions of a few make everyone look bad. I think there were a few at the game cheering him getting hurt just like there were a few on here saying they hope his season/carrer is over.

Bike
10-07-2012, 07:16 PM
:toast2:

I think this is a case of the actions of a few make everyone look bad. I think there were a few at the game cheering him getting hurt just like there were a few on here saying they hope his season/carrer is over.
I was happy to see Cassel go. I don't want the guys career to end. He can go and play for Dallas for all I care. I just don't want him to play here anymore. He just isn't a good quarterback.

McLovin
10-07-2012, 07:53 PM
I was happy to see Cassel go. I don't want the guys career to end. He can go and play for Dallas for all I care. I just don't want him to play here anymore. He just isn't a good quarterback.

THIS ...

I am one that cheered once I saw Cassel was alive and walking. I don't care the reason he leaves KC I just want him to leave.

I would love him to go backup Manning or Maybe go be QB for the Faiders .. I will not ever cheer for someone to be hurt bad. I will and did cheer for Cassel, who was ok, to be out for the season or career. Don't go away mad just go away. Again I could care less if his career is over just as long as his career in KC is over.

I do think Cassel is a nice guy, I wish him well in his life. I think now would be a good time for him to retire with the money he was given and hasn't earned. He knew when he stepped on the field he could be injured and him being injured lightly to get him to go away.... I am ok with that. Do I want him paralyzed or dead absolutely not ... it aint worth that for the Chiefs to be a good team ...

Good Luck Cassel and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Coach
10-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Winston really strung us out unfairly on this one.....

Maybe because these are the same fans that are flying banners over the stadium disparaging our team and the players who are putting their livelihoods on the line to provide entertainment for fans. Maybe because had to listen to Fescoe say that every player on the team sucks on national radio.

Trust me, there are lots of players on this team that aren't happy with the fan base right now. And I don't blame them. We've had a great reputation through the years as a fan base. But the last 6 months have been embarrassing. Not only are the Chiefs playing bad, we've seen our own fans boo Matt Cassel at the celebrity softball game on national tv. Fescoe had his rant that got national attention, then the banner being flown, and finally the crowd cheering the injury of our team leader. It's a sad day to be a Chiefs fan.

KCraised
10-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Maybe because these are the same fans that are flying banners over the stadium disparaging our team and the players who are putting their livelihoods on the line to provide entertainment for fans. Maybe because had to listen to Fescoe say that every player on the team sucks on national radio.

Trust me, there are lots of players on this team that aren't happy with the fan base right now.

Well,, i guess the feeling is mutual, isnt it? Sounds like some fans are upset that they have spent tons of money on a beloved team and dont appreciate it

McLovin
10-07-2012, 08:12 PM
I just heard on Chiefs Red Zone here in KC they summed it up. The fans aren't mad because the team is losing games, the fans are getting mad AT the franchise. I do not believe that the fans were cheering him getting hurt as much as they were cheering that he was ok and he wasn't going to be playing ...

As far as Eric Winston he can kiss my white .... Bill Maas stated that feels that the Eric Winston was wrong .. he feels that the fans were cheering not because Cassel was hurt but cheering that even though it took this they were finally getting the QB change that we want.

KCraised
10-07-2012, 08:17 PM
I just heard on Chiefs Red Zone here in KC they summed it up. The fans aren't mad because the team is losing games, the fans are getting mad AT the franchise. I do not believe that the fans were cheering him getting hurt as much as they were cheering that he was ok and he wasn't going to be playing ...

As far as Eric Winston he can kiss my white .... Bill Maas stated that feels that the Eric Winston was wrong .. he feels that the fans were cheering not because Cassel was hurt but cheering that even though it took this they were finally getting the QB change that we want.

Yeah. I dont like classless fans. But i didnt see people taking great joy in Cassel walking to the tunnel to get checked out. Now, were there drunk aholes that probably made slurs on cassel? Most definitely. But I thought, given the situation, the huggge majority handled themselves properly. And they dont deserved to get thrown under the bus.

nigeriannightmare
10-07-2012, 09:10 PM

Trust me, there are lots of players on this team that aren't happy with the fan base right now. And I don't blame them. We've had a great reputation through the years as a fan base. But the last 6 months have been embarrassing. Not only are the Chiefs playing bad, we've seen our own fans boo Matt Cassel at the celebrity softball game on national tv. Fescoe had his rant that got national attention, then the banner being flown, and finally the crowd cheering the injury of our team leader. It's a sad day to be a Chiefs fan.

Absolutely this. Word!

nigeriannightmare
10-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Our chiefs were in this game when they were 7 point dogs and betting on baltimore was a sure thing. I have a lot of friends that lost money on this game and I mean a lot of money. Our D shut down a good offense and our rushing offense kicked the crap out of baltimores infamous D.

No team has had a 100 yard rusher in a half against baltimore since the bears did it 1998. Thats a bloody statement. This team is bouncing back. Despite the loss we should be talking about how well our guys did.

Insteat of the I hate cassel crap and I'm happy to see him go. We are known to the nfl like st louis is to the baseball world. We are a proud franchise and to boo our own guy when he got hurt is absolutely classless.

Miller
10-07-2012, 09:38 PM

These guys make a lot of money to play a game. If they cannot handle people being pissed at their poor production making millions, then they need to be a monk or something. Because they sure as hell are not going to like the real world. If they do not want banners, or radio guys not bringing their poor showing to light, then DON'T SUCK. It is that simple.

I think if the fans cheered Cassel being hurt then that is bush, and inappropriate. But if Winston showed half that fire he showed today after the game as on the field day in and day out, then maybe we would not be at this point.

I have been a Chiefs fan my whole life, never will like another team. But they need to crap or get off the pot with this team, I am sick of mediocre, I am sick of "If you are not 100% with this team, your against it"

These guys need to reach deep and figure out how to fix this. From top to bottom

GarH
10-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Winston hit the nail on the head. Glad he said it. Cheering a player being knocked out is a very sad statement of the "humanity" in today's world.

I thought RC should have put in Quinn before he did. It was time to give him a chance, but cheering an injury is sick.

jason1981
10-07-2012, 11:05 PM
I cheered when he was down but not cuz he was hurt but cuz it meant we would have change at qb. I saw the hit and it didnt look that bad at all. I knew he will be ok.

jason1981
10-07-2012, 11:20 PM
I was cheering not the he got hurt bit cuz we would get a qb change in other words. Cassell will be ok. If he was seriously injured it would be a different story but honestly my first reaction was he was facking it cuz it didnt seem like a big of a hit. So i knew he was going to be fine.

McLovin
10-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Winston hit the nail on the head. Glad he said it. Cheering a player being knocked out is a very sad statement of the "humanity" in today's world.

I thought RC should have put in Quinn before he did. It was time to give him a chance, but cheering an injury is sick.
I dont think there was a single fan cheering his injury .. everyone keeps saying ooohhh booo hooo how could they cheer his injury.. no not all all... they were and I was cheering the result of his injury .. his worthless a$$ was replaced. If Pioli and Crennel would have done there jobs he wouldn't have been in to get injured PERIOD. I hope he has a wonderful happy healthy life but under no circumstance should he ever take a single snap as a Chief again. Buh Bye Matt don't let the door hit you. Be happy you got the money we won't ask for it back. All we ask is now you go away.

TexansFan
10-08-2012, 08:24 AM
this would not have been a story if not for Winston. He loves the media and they love him, for some reason. He did about 5 hours a week of radio, tv, and live video blogging here in Houston. If his head was more in football perhaps speed rushers wouldn't destroy him, and he wouldn't be well known for flags.

this will seem like gloating, but honestly I like the chiefs. Unlike Mario going to the Bills, which is sweet revenge for 1993, I take no joy in Winston bringing his act to the chiefs. After watching it since 2006, I 100% believe this lecture was more about self promotion of Winston than him being disgusted.

chief31
10-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Chiefs fans were very poorly represented on Sunday.

And they are very poorly represented here.

"Wh??? I didn't hear anything like that...."

You were probably too excited to notice.

whackojacko58
10-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Im pissed that this is painting a picture on ALL of us.. Then you can say its the fans at the game sunday.. I was there and im sick to my stomach! WE DID NOT CHEER for the injury!!! If there was a few fans then **** them but the media is running away with this. Im to proud of a fan to hear this! Also alot of ravens fans at the game whos to say they werent cheering?!? No ones mentioned that this is a mess i have to much pride to see us painted and getting other fans booing us this is all crap i think if another player/coach were to say something it should be this big but its ONE player

whackojacko58
10-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Watch the video winston looks to be eating up the attention looked like to if only he had tears, nfl network is changing the story saying "some. Fans cheered" instead of the formentioned full stadium crowd

chief31
10-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Im pissed that this is painting a picture on ALL of us.. Then you can say its the fans at the game sunday.. I was there and im sick to my stomach! WE DID NOT CHEER for the injury!!! If there was a few fans then **** them but the media is running away with this. Im to proud of a fan to hear this! Also alot of ravens fans at the game whos to say they werent cheering?!? No ones mentioned that this is a mess i have to much pride to see us painted and getting other fans booing us this is all crap i think if another player/coach were to say something it should be this big but its ONE player

We DID cheer for the injury.

There was a significant crowd cheer after the play when fans looked over and saw Cassel on the ground.

And Ravens fans were not it.

The stadium was FILLED with Chiefs fans, and in every direction from where I was there were Chiefs fans jumping for joy at the injury.

It absolutely was not all Chiefs fans.

Probably not even a majority.

But it is dishonest of you to imply that it was just a couple of guys, or even the other team's fans.

It was a WHOLE LOT of Chiefs fans thrilled to see it.

But it isn't about reality for you. It's about this....

i have to much pride to see us painted and getting other fans booing us this is all crap

And instead of just condemning the poor behaviour by a minority of Chiefs fans, you are trying to pretend like it didn't happen?

And now you are out on the attack of the Chiefs player who called out those fans?

Pathetic.

matthewschiefs
10-08-2012, 11:39 AM
After hereing this I don't think the cheering for the injury was a large group at all. I still think this is a case of the actions of a small few made everyone look bad.

Is this the cheering Chiefs’ Winston blamed fans for? - KCTV5 (http://www.kctv5.com/story/19761458/is-this-the-cheering-chiefs-winston-blamed-fans-for?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed#WNPoll123434)

whackojacko58
10-08-2012, 12:03 PM
We DID cheer for the injury.

There was a significant crowd cheer after the play when fans looked over and saw Cassel on the ground.

And Ravens fans were not it.

The stadium was FILLED with Chiefs fans, and in every direction from where I was there were Chiefs fans jumping for joy at the injury.

It absolutely was not all Chiefs fans.

Probably not even a majority.

But it is dishonest of you to imply that it was just a couple of guys, or even the other team's fans.

It was a WHOLE LOT of Chiefs fans thrilled to see it.

But it isn't about reality for you. It's about this....

And instead of just condemning the poor behaviour by a minority of Chiefs fans, you are trying to pretend like it didn't happen?

And now you are out on the attack of the Chiefs player who called out those fans?

Pathetic.

Wow pathetic is your reaction. But i apologies. First i did not condem the ravens fans by your seats the ones by me were vary inapropriate. Also again i can only speek for the fans around me. They were not cheering i can tell you that much. Im not defending the fans who did cheer but to come out publicly condeming the entire crowd for cheering wasnt right to do either

chief31
10-08-2012, 12:21 PM
After hereing this I don't think the cheering for the injury was a large group at all. I still think this is a case of the actions of a small few made everyone look bad.

Is this the cheering Chiefs’ Winston blamed fans for? - KCTV5 (http://www.kctv5.com/story/19761458/is-this-the-cheering-chiefs-winston-blamed-fans-for?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed#WNPoll123434)

The cheering was not a long, extended cheering. It was after the play, when everybody noticed Cassel down on the ground.

It just sounds like the same crowd rumblings on this. But there was a significant cheering for the injury.

They were in front of me, behind me, to the right of me, and especially thrilled to the left of me.

Winston is dead-on.

jb908
10-08-2012, 12:29 PM
I still think Cassel made out. 60 million dollars to get knocked out once and have people clap during it. I'd be happy to do it.

chief31
10-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Wow pathetic is your reaction. But i apologies. First i did not condem the ravens fans by your seats the ones by me were vary inapropriate. Also again i can only speek for the fans around me. They were not cheering i can tell you that much. Im not defending the fans who did cheer but to come out publicly condeming the entire crowd for cheering wasnt right to do either

What I referred to as "pathetic" was your attack against Winston, just to try and deny the reality of how many there were.

There were no Ravens fans near where I was. But there were Broncos fans nearby, and they might have been the best behaved regarding the injury.

I didn't see them cheering at all.

But I heard "Just drag his a** off the field already" and "Good. I have been waiting for this" and "YEAH BABY! Now we might have a chance!"

But most significantly, I heard the roar of the crowd start to dwindle after the big gain, and then pick back up as if there was another big gain.

That is when I discovered that Cassel was down. I first thought there had to have been a penalty being tacked on, but then I caught the speech from the fans around me.

Again, it may not have been a majority in the stadium. But it was significant.

And the joy over the injury was steadily being expressed all around me as I made my way out to the car.

It hasn't ruined Arrowhead for me. But I was not realy thrilled to be associated with Chiefs fans right then.

whackojacko58
10-08-2012, 12:41 PM
What I referred to as "pathetic" was your attack against Winston, just to try and deny the reality of how many there were.

There were no Ravens fans near where I was. But there were Broncos fans nearby, and they might have been the best behaved regarding the injury.

I didn't see them cheering at all.

But I heard "Just drag his a** off the field already" and "Good. I have been waiting for this" and "YEAH BABY! Now we might have a chance!"

But most significantly, I heard the roar of the crowd start to dwindle after the big gain, and then pick back up as if there was another big gain.

That is when I discovered that Cassel was down. I first thought there had to have been a penalty being tacked on, but then I caught the speech from the fans around me.

Again, it may not have been a majority in the stadium. But it was significant.

And the joy over the injury was steadily being expressed all around me as I made my way out to the car.

It hasn't ruined Arrowhead for me. But I was not realy thrilled to be associated with Chiefs fans right then.

Well again i want to apologies my rambling does get annoying even to myself. Just really got to me that the comments portray that we all cheered

matthewschiefs
10-08-2012, 12:55 PM
The cheering was not a long, extended cheering. It was after the play, when everybody noticed Cassel down on the ground.

It just sounds like the same crowd rumblings on this. But there was a significant cheering for the injury.

They were in front of me, behind me, to the right of me, and especially thrilled to the left of me.

Winston is dead-on.

I think your case is the exception. Most of the people who went to the game have said otherwise. And I know that a few idiots did cheer the injury there were also some boos that came when Cassel stood up from the idiots but I do think that our fan base is being a bit unfairly made out to be like it was a LARGE number cheering the injury. I just don't think that was the case. Like I said the actions of a few make us all look bad. That's unfair to our fan base but it's just how it goes. A few idiots shamed our whole fan base. A few on here cheered the injury or were happy when he got hurt. I think they also need to look in the mirror and learn that this is just football and a persons well being is far more important. That same goes to the idiots who cheered the injury and booed when Cassel stood up

kcvet
10-08-2012, 12:57 PM
well regardless his comments went viral. the media's have it posted and many forums as well. so we get the black eye

OPLookn
10-08-2012, 01:13 PM
I was cheering not the he got hurt bit cuz we would get a qb change in other words. Cassell will be ok. If he was seriously injured it would be a different story but honestly my first reaction was he was facking it cuz it didnt seem like a big of a hit. So i knew he was going to be fine.

What people see is you cheering someone going down. Doesn't matter how you meant it. Someone is on the ground and you're clapping. Not only that but you have absolutely no idea that the guy is going to be ok. Some of the worst injuries are the ones that look minor.

kcvet
10-08-2012, 01:16 PM
so far the Chiefs are mum about his condition

OPLookn
10-08-2012, 01:24 PM

Winston is dead-on.

First off, I wasn't at the game but I've talked to several that have. It seems that the cheering for Cassel was different based on sections. Some did in some sections and were promptly told to shut the $#!* up. Other sections people cheering were the majority.

I watched that section of the game a minimum of half a dozen times. It seems to me that there were "waves" of cheering. First it was that we got a first down. The ball is being moved and people are excited (1st group of cheering). Then people realize Cassel is hurt and most of the cheering dies off but some continues or new cheering starts up (2nd group). The second group was by far the least loud cheering. Next, Quinn is seen warming up (3rd group). This seemed louder then Cassel getting warmed up. Finally, Cassel is up and walking off the field (4th group). This noise was the greater than Cassel getting hurt and Quinn warming up but less than the first down.

Winston's comments are going to cause divisions in the fan base. Some will think he's right. Others hate being lumped into the entire fan base saying it's a bad fan base. Yet another group will be upset because they were happy another QB was coming in. But, they feel bad about being excited that Cassel had to be hurt for Quinn to come in. Finally a group will feel that Winston was completely wrong and justify them celebrating Cassel being hurt.

Personally I can be lumped into the group that thinks Winston is right. Has Winston played great? No. Is this a deflection? Who cares?!? People were cheering that a guy got hurt and I don't care who you are that's not cool. The part I don't like is that Winston lumped every fan together and said that 70,000 people cheered Cassel getting hurt.

#58ChiefsFan
10-08-2012, 01:35 PM
The team hasn't done anything well enough to have 70,000 fans cheer anything. Once this team plays well he will find out what that sounds like inside Arrowhead. It's damn loud when that many are in unison.

Chiefster
10-08-2012, 01:37 PM
I was not there so I will not stand in judgement of the majority of fans who were, but obviously there were fans cheering the Cassel injury and those fans are classless IMO.

chief31
10-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Well again i want to apologies my rambling does get annoying even to myself. Just really got to me that the comments portray that we all cheered

Me too. I apologize for being so brash.

I just think there is a whole lot of denial going on around here.

I heard the roar of the crowd, not the whole crowd, but enough to give that "big play" effect, and that was not my section.

And it made me a little embarrassed of my Chiefs fanbase. SO I am a bit snippy today too.

I think your case is the exception. Most of the people who went to the game have said otherwise. And I know that a few idiots did cheer the injury there were also some boos that came when Cassel stood up from the idiots but I do think that our fan base is being a bit unfairly made out to be like it was a LARGE number cheering the injury. I just don't think that was the case. Like I said the actions of a few make us all look bad. That's unfair to our fan base but it's just how it goes. A few idiots shamed our whole fan base. A few on here cheered the injury or were happy when he got hurt. I think they also need to look in the mirror and learn that this is just football and a persons well being is far more important. That same goes to the idiots who cheered the injury and booed when Cassel stood up

I was about to sit back down after the play, when I heard the secondary roar, as if something else good had happened (Penalty?). My section was delayed from that roar by about a second, and then I started hearing the intent around me.

Granted, that second "surge" was far from as loud as the first down surge. But it was pretty unmistable, and it seems clear that The Chiefs players heard it too.

The direct sentiments may have been extra harsh in my section. But then I think of the endless comments after the game and figure that it is very unlikely.

First off, I wasn't at the game but I've talked to several that have. It seems that the cheering for Cassel was different based on sections. Some did in some sections and were promptly told to shut the $#!* up. Other sections people cheering were the majority.

I watched that section of the game a minimum of half a dozen times. It seems to me that there were "waves" of cheering. First it was that we got a first down. The ball is being moved and people are excited (1st group of cheering). Then people realize Cassel is hurt and most of the cheering dies off but some continues or new cheering starts up (2nd group). The second group was by far the least loud cheering. Next, Quinn is seen warming up (3rd group). This seemed louder then Cassel getting warmed up. Finally, Cassel is up and walking off the field (4th group). This noise was the greater than Cassel getting hurt and Quinn warming up but less than the first down.

Winston's comments are going to cause divisions in the fan base. Some will think he's right. Others hate being lumped into the entire fan base saying it's a bad fan base. Yet another group will be upset because they were happy another QB was coming in. But, they feel bad about being excited that Cassel had to be hurt for Quinn to come in. Finally a group will feel that Winston was completely wrong and justify them celebrating Cassel being hurt.

Personally I can be lumped into the group that thinks Winston is right. Has Winston played great? No. Is this a deflection? Who cares?!? People were cheering that a guy got hurt and I don't care who you are that's not cool. The part I don't like is that Winston lumped every fan together and said that 70,000 people cheered Cassel getting hurt.

I agree. It was CLEARLY not the entire fan base.

But it was quite a few people. Anytime there is any unruly mob, it was never everybody there doing the worst things.

Anytime a sports team's fans do something stupid (Raiders, Eagles come to mind) it is not all of the fans at fault.

Though we don't mind lumping them together and using the poor behavior of a few to classify the entirety, do we?

We like to mock Raiders fans for the reputation of their fans, right?

It isn't right. But it is what happens.

kcvet
10-08-2012, 02:44 PM
well I just saw ESPN rake us over the hot coals. so the best fans in the NFL are all wearing a black eye.

KCraised
10-08-2012, 02:52 PM
well I just saw ESPN rake us over the hot coals. so the best fans in the NFL are all wearing a black eye.

Yes, sir. Saw that at lunch. We all suck. This is a dark dark day

kcvet
10-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Yes, sir. Saw that at lunch. We all suck. This is a dark dark day

let's see how management puts this fire out. their all into damage control

KCraised
10-08-2012, 03:15 PM
let's see how management puts this fire out. their all into damage control

This is like the Colorado wildfire. Its gonna burn quite awhile....

kcvet
10-08-2012, 03:29 PM
This is like the Colorado wildfire. Its gonna burn quite awhile....

the fan base here may very well rake Mr Winston a** over the coals. and he may be looking for the A train outta town. the Majority of our fans don't fit this description. let's see how they react next home game

:efpge:

KCraised
10-08-2012, 04:54 PM
You know, i like the guy. I appreciate what he did....upto the point his interview made it look like the town was garbage. Same with Cassel...his play is jist horrid. But, otherwise, seems like a really nice guy.
But my guess is Winston is going to get boo'ed by the fans that didnt deserve it AND by the idiots that did deserve the call out. Shall be interesting.

kcvet
10-08-2012, 05:09 PM
You know, i like the guy. I appreciate what he did....upto the point his interview made it look like the town was garbage. Same with Cassel...his play is jist horrid. But, otherwise, seems like a really nice guy.
But my guess is Winston is going to get boo'ed by the fans that didnt deserve it AND by the idiots that did deserve the call out. Shall be interesting.

what burns by a** is he made sure all the media was there before he ripped us

whackojacko58
10-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Yea winston talked highly of us 4 months ago then a month into the season didnt bash a few fans he blasted this organization calling us all out thats what upset me

kcvet
10-08-2012, 05:20 PM
he wanted to make sure the media got his story. what about us???

KCraised
10-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Yea winston talked highly of us 4 months ago then a month into the season didnt bash a few fans he blasted this organization calling us all out thats what upset me
Me too, buddy. Me, too

KCraised
10-08-2012, 05:36 PM
he wanted to make sure the media got his story. what about us???

I think alot of people were innocent bystanders, hit by the stray bullet. Just when you think times couldnt be any tougher to be a Chiefs fan.

kcvet
10-08-2012, 05:48 PM
I think alot of people were innocent bystanders, hit by the stray bullet. Just when you think times couldnt be any tougher to be a Chiefs fan.

he insulted managements product or bottom line here. so there could be hell to pay. a lot of players have been fined, suspended and even traded for this. let's see if sh** really does run downhill

OPLookn
10-08-2012, 05:50 PM
What chaps my hide is that the media has completely blasted the ENTIRE fan base. Not just the few but all of us. I think the funniest part is that in the comments anyone that's watched the video basically said..."uhm, I don't see a problem. Sure a few idiots applauded a guy down but they were the minority."

chief31
10-08-2012, 06:44 PM
the fan base here may very well rake Mr Winston a** over the coals. and he may be looking for the A train outta town. the Majority of our fans don't fit this description. let's see how they react next home game

:efpge:

I think that it is pretty pathetic to take offense when he clearly was upset with those who were being a**hats.

I was there. And yet I realize that Winston meant nothing against me. He meant the exact same folks whom I was ashamed of.

Although, I fully expect him to clarify later, I certainly am not having my shame softened by the attacks against Winston, who did the right thing in.condemning sh***y behavior.

kcvet
10-08-2012, 07:27 PM
I think that it is pretty pathetic to take offense when he clearly was upset with those who were being a**hats.

I was there. And yet I realize that Winston meant nothing against me. He meant the exact same folks whom I was ashamed of.

Although, I fully expect him to clarify later, I certainly am not having my shame softened by the attacks against Winston, who did the right thing in.condemning sh***y behavior.

Is this the cheering Chiefs’ Winston blamed fans for?

http://www.kctv5.com/story/19761458/is-this-the-cheering-chiefs-winston-blamed-fans-for

chief31
10-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Is this the cheering Chiefs’ Winston blamed fans for?

http://www.kctv5.com/story/19761458/is-this-the-cheering-chiefs-winston-blamed-fans-for

try, try and try some more to deny that many Chiefs fans cheered for the injury, but page 7 of the game thread here tells us all we need to know.

kcvet
10-08-2012, 07:48 PM
try, try and try some more to deny that many Chiefs fans cheered for the injury, but page 7 of the game thread here tells us all we need to know.

guess you didn't hear the cheers when Cassel got up???

and the cheers for Charles making a 1st down.

Ryfo18
10-08-2012, 07:53 PM
I feel very bad for Matt Cassel on a personal level. Getting booed at the All-Star softball game and now this is something nobody should have to endure. It's terrible, and fans should be ashamed.

At the same time, Matt has proven in his tenure that he cannot win big games at the NFL level, and I don't believe he should be the quarterback of this team anymore. We really don't have any answer at QB, as I don't think Quinn or Stanzi are the saviors.

It just saddens me, as a fan, to see my favorite team crippled by one position on the roster...the most important position in football. It's not been addressed by this organization since they brought Cassel in, and it could ultimately be their downfall. Aside from that, I love the team that has been assembled. We just lack a talented quarterback that can consistently win.

McLovin
10-08-2012, 07:59 PM
I feel very bad for Matt Cassel on a personal level. Getting booed at the All-Star softball game and now this is something nobody should have to endure. It's terrible, and fans should be ashamed.

At the same time, Matt has proven in his tenure that he cannot win big games at the NFL level, and I don't believe he should be the quarterback of this team anymore. We really don't have any answer at QB, as I don't think Quinn or Stanzi are the saviors.

It just saddens me, as a fan, to see my favorite team crippled by one position on the roster...the most important position in football. It's not been addressed by this organization since they brought Cassel in, and it could ultimately be their downfall. Aside from that, I love the team that has been assembled. We just lack a talented quarterback that can consistently win.

THIS

Ryfo18
10-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Now that I've calmed down from the brutal loss, I still want Cassel to somehow rebound from this. There's no doubt his confidence is in the tank. I'll still cheer for him to rattle off 11 straight wins. Unless Quinn comes in and plays out of his mind (doubtful), this organization is probably best served by starting Cassel the rest of the season.

McLovin
10-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Now that I've calmed down from the brutal loss, I still want Cassel to somehow rebound from this. There's no doubt his confidence is in the tank. I'll still cheer for him to rattle off 11 straight wins. Unless Quinn comes in and plays out of his mind (doubtful), this organization is probably best served by starting Cassel the rest of the season.

Do I think Quinn is the answer ... that would be a no, I am a huge Iowa Hawkeyes fan, wasn't thrilled with Stanzi when he was there. Do I think he is the answer that would also be a no. That said ... I want Quinn to finish out the year as QB or at least Quinn play until someone else is brought in. Matt Cassel should NEVER again be allowed to put on a Chiefs jersey again. Also someone said that bring Quinn in and by the end of the year some would be begging for Cassel back... that would be a resounding NO from me .. mark this post whatever you need to do. I don't care how bad Quinn or Stanzi or whoever they put in plays I will never ever wish for Matt Cassel back ... To me that is like asking for Larry Johnson back ... I would rather see Brokie Croyle come in and play QB again then ever see Matt Cassel back in a Chiefs uniform.

GarH
10-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Obviously not all the fans were cheering for Cassel's injury but it is a sad state of affairs that many in this country seem to think hatred and anger are virtues.

chief31
10-08-2012, 08:44 PM
guess you didn't hear the cheers when Cassel got up???

and the cheers for Charles making a 1st down.

No sarcasm needed. I even saw the same pr**s that were cheering the injury clapping when Matt got up.

It does not magically alter reality, and change that they had cheered the injury.

Is that what you were trying to do, is somehow use the fact that other cheering occurred to eliminate the facts?

KCraised
10-08-2012, 10:55 PM

Try, try, and try some more but many did NOT. We dont think 5 people did it. We know there were ALOT more than that! But they didnt ALL do it. He said 70,000, his choice of figures to use. That was probably the whole attendance for Sunday. He surely is referring to when people cheered for Quinn when he came in. I heard 70,000 then. If thats what he is having an internal struggle with, he needs to suck it up. We are cheering for a member of the Chiefs and he happened to come in because Cassel got clipped. Part of a tough and rough game. And you need to probably base your claims off of game footage rather than a Chiefs game thread forum, seeings thats the only "evidence" that counts. Youre using it as a "pulse" or consensus of what Chiefs fans feel. I think ALOT of us are on the same page. Some say f cassel, glad he got hurt. Obviously wrong. But most people would say people that take great joy in an injury, are wrong. Its just probably best for players to play and quit using 70,000 figures to say we all celebrated his injury. I personally was there and im one of the 70,000. So he represents me wrong and I speak for myself and take offense to that.

chief31
10-10-2012, 02:42 AM
Chiefs fans being so proud of themselves for waving a "you suck" banner around the stadium, cheering their own concussed QB, spewing venom at the OT who stood up for the downed man, and accusing that QB of faking his injury.......

The reputation of being a classy fanbase is.gone. And the reaction is to lash out.....

FAIL!

Connie Jo
10-10-2012, 02:52 AM
I was there too, as were many friends I tailgate with. Myself and over 50 friends sitting in various sections & levels of Arrowhead, did witness & hear celebrating by fans when Cassel was hurt. They were yelling comments of joy & applauding in some cases. I had friends who almost got in to fights with the fans behaving so repulsively when they told them to have some class for our injured QB.

No, it wasn't 70,000, but there were A LOT. I think it depended upon where you were sitting, upper level doesn't always hear what occurs in lower level, & vice versa. I've had 50 or more friends say it happened in their section, but others say it didn't in theirs.

I also know that a couple Ravens players heard it, and made brief comments about it. Other Chiefs players besides Winston made comments to the media about it too, who also heard/witnessed it, but Eric was the most vocal, so his comments are the ones stirring media & fans.

Connie Jo
10-10-2012, 03:02 AM
Try, try, and try some more but many did NOT. We dont think 5 people did it. We know there were ALOT more than that! But they didnt ALL do it. He said 70,000, his choice of figures to use. That was probably the whole attendance for Sunday. He surely is referring to when people cheered for Quinn when he came in. I heard 70,000 then. If thats what he is having an internal struggle with, he needs to suck it up. We are cheering for a member of the Chiefs and he happened to come in because Cassel got clipped. Part of a tough and rough game. And you need to probably base your claims off of game footage rather than a Chiefs game thread forum, seeings thats the only "evidence" that counts. Youre using it as a "pulse" or consensus of what Chiefs fans feel. I think ALOT of us are on the same page. Some say f cassel, glad he got hurt. Obviously wrong. But most people would say people that take great joy in an injury, are wrong. Its just probably best for players to play and quit using 70,000 figures to say we all celebrated his injury. I personally was there and im one of the 70,000. So he represents me wrong and I speak for myself and take offense to that.

I think where some of the confusion may be coming from, is many of those fans behaving repulsively weren't 'cheering' persay, as we're accustom to defining it. I think Eric used the word "cheer" but alot of what he heard were yells of heckling happy comments by fans when Matt was hurt. I didn't hear "cheering" in my section, but I did hear fans applaud & yell happy comments about Matt being hurt. Many of my friends in various sections upper & lower levels, said thats what they heard too...yells of heckling happy comments by fans near them, that Matt was hurt.

The cheering of Brady coming on to the field, likely was mixed in with the heckling yells by those happy Matt was hurt.

Connie Jo
10-10-2012, 03:06 AM
Making matters worse, is all across the internet Chiefs fans are now bashing Eric Winston, calling him very vulgar names, totally displaying disrespect towards yet another player. I can only hope media doesn't pick up now on all the fan hatred towards Eric. They're cutting off their noses to spite their faces. All they're doing by calling Eric vulgar names publicly...is proving our fan base is exactly as Eric described.

They've even flooded Erics official Facebook page & website with vulgar comments & name calling.

kcvet
10-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Making matters worse, is all across the internet Chiefs fans are now bashing Eric Winston, calling him very vulgar names, totally displaying disrespect towards yet another player. I can only hope media doesn't pick up now on all the fan hatred towards Eric. They're cutting off their noses to spite their faces. All they're doing by calling Eric vulgar names publicly...is proving our fan base is exactly as Eric described.

They've even flooded Erics official Facebook page & website with vulgar comments & name calling.

flip the coin there CJ. because of him all KC fans are being bashed by other clubs as well as the media. the sports media is calling us all out. we may worse than the Raiders.

chief31
10-10-2012, 12:36 PM
flip the coin there CJ. because of him all KC fans are being bashed by other clubs as well as the media. the sports media is calling us all out. we may worse than the Raiders.

No, not because of Winston, because of the reather large group of fans who cheered our own player's injury.

It bears repeating... Winston is not the only player to have mentioned it. Just the one getting the press, because he was the most visibly upset about it.

You may want little pansy players who ignore hatred for their teammates, but I don't.

But you just keep lashing out in every direction except for those who behaved poorly, and see if that restores the reputation of Chiefs fans.

kcvet
10-10-2012, 01:02 PM
No, not because of Winston, because of the reather large group of fans who cheered our own player's injury.

It bears repeating... Winston is not the only player to have mentioned it. Just the one getting the press, because he was the most visibly upset about it.

You may want little pansy players who ignore hatred for their teammates, but I don't.

But you just keep lashing out in every direction except for those who behaved poorly, and see if that restores the reputation of Chiefs fans.

YES - because of his crack we're the laffin' stock of the NFL. live with it. get used to it. its true factual and easy to prove. period

chief31
10-10-2012, 01:13 PM
YES - because of his crack we're the laffin' stock of the NFL. live with it. get used to it. its true factual and easy to prove. period

It is because of folks like you that we have this reputation growing.

Live with it. Get used to it. It's true, factual, and easy to prove.

Actually, it is isn't.

It is an opinion, either way.

But again, other players have said things about it too. It truly is the fans' fault for the fans' reputation, just like with Eagles or Raiders fans.

When you have a minority of the fans behave poorly, it reflects on the entirety of the fanbase.

It is not right, nor accurate. But it is reality.

kcvet
10-10-2012, 01:30 PM

Actually, it is isn't.

But again, other players have said things about it too. It truly is the fans' fault for the fans' reputation, just like with Eagles or Raiders fans.

When you have a minority of the fans behave poorly, it reflects on the entirety of the fanbase.

"well there ya go again". im responsible for this whole mess. excuse the hell outta me mr know it all.

OPLookn
10-10-2012, 01:36 PM

Actually, it is isn't.

What other players have said something about it? The only other sound bite I've heard was JC saying that if people were really cheering Cassel getting hurt that it was wrong to do so.

Winston is the reason this got national news. Period. This isn't an opinion it's the truth. The funny part is that in the same week Winston goes on to say junk like what's below!

“What you didn’t hear Winston say: that he wants the Chiefs to be a bunch of brawlers on the field.”

NFL power rankings, Week 6: Texans, Falcons on top; 49ers leapfrog Ravens - SBNation.com (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/10/9/3478004/nfl-power-rankings-week-6-texans-falcons-49ers-ravens)

Are you kidding me?!? According to Winston they aren't gladiators, everyone in the stadium was cheering Cassel getting hurt and it disgusts him. But, we (the Chiefs) need to be brawlers out there.

Winston...I mean hypocrite, party of one!

chief31
10-10-2012, 02:40 PM
What other players have said something about it? The only other sound bite I've heard was JC saying that if people were really cheering Cassel getting hurt that it was wrong to do so.

Winston is the reason this got national news. Period. This isn't an opinion it's the truth. The funny part is that in the same week Winston goes on to say junk like what's below!

“What you didn’t hear Winston say: that he wants the Chiefs to be a bunch of brawlers on the field.”

NFL power rankings, Week 6: Texans, Falcons on top; 49ers leapfrog Ravens - SBNation.com (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/10/9/3478004/nfl-power-rankings-week-6-texans-falcons-49ers-ravens)

Are you kidding me?!? According to Winston they aren't gladiators, everyone in the stadium was cheering Cassel getting hurt and it disgusts him. But, we (the Chiefs) need to be brawlers out there.

Winston...I mean hypocrite, party of one!
Winston didn't make fans cheer for the injury.

CHIEFS fans have given Chiefs fans a bad rep. And this preference for attacking another Chiefs player for defending his fallen QB, OVER the acknowledgement that it was the fans' fault, is just adding to it.

I would hope that even the fans who did cheer the injury would have come out by now and said "yeah..... I was a d**, and shouldn't have done that", as a few around here have done.

But this insistence upon changing the focus from the a**holes to the OT who stood up for his concussed QB suggests to me that alot of Chiefs fans think that Winston protecting his teammate is worse than fans cheering for his injury.

It is doing nothing to color Chiefs fans back in the light of being classy fans.

It reminds me of the middle east, and how we want the "good Muslims" to condemn the bad, but it seems like "they" just get mad at us, doesn't it?

Same logic here. Instead of owning up to the REAL problem, just go off on whoever says that some of your own did wrong.

matthewschiefs
10-10-2012, 02:50 PM
The fans that cheered the injury gave Chiefs fans a bad rep and Winston added to it when he made his 70,000 comment. I think Winston would like that have that comment back now. Winston did the right thing by standing up for his teammate but he also misspoke that's where the problem with Winston is IMO.