PDA

View Full Version : Priest!

hermhater
10-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Just announced on NFL Today!

Priest will practice this week, and will PROBABLY play this year!

Keep the dream alive!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Guru
10-14-2007, 12:30 PM
hopefully he will light a fire under LJ now.

sling58
10-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Nice. I would love to see him back on the field for KC.

Three7s
10-14-2007, 09:26 PM
I kind of wanna see us in the 2 RB set. I think it'd be a great advantage to our offense if the defense doesn't know who we're giving the ball to. Not to mention, passing it.

luv
10-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Michael Bennett isn't a good backup?

Coach
10-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Michael Bennett isn't a good backup?
Did I miss something. Nobody said that Bennett isn't a good backup.

I personally would love to see Priest return under the right circumstances.

hermhater
10-14-2007, 10:12 PM
You made some pretty good bets admin!

Good job!

Coach
10-14-2007, 10:15 PM
You made some pretty good bets admin!

Good job!

Thanks. I have taken over as King of Arrowcash. You are #3:
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/vbookie.php?do=stats

luv
10-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Did I miss something. Nobody said that Bennett isn't a good backup.

I personally would love to see Priest return under the right circumstances.
Just trying to rile people up.

So, who do you want to cut from the roster in order for him to play?

McLovin
10-14-2007, 10:26 PM
I will say it then. Michael Bennett is not a good backup. How bout cutting Droppie Parker, If Boomer played as much and as good as I believe he did today I dont think he is the one to cut.

Heck if we arent going to play him my thoughts are they will cut sippio again. I dont want to see it though. My guess is they will cut sippio and he will end up in Stl... How bout put Kennison on IR for the rest of the year. Just a thought .. but I am guessin that he will be back and he may just open things up for D-Bo so might not be a good idea.

tammietailgator
10-14-2007, 10:50 PM
what is the word on Kennison getting back in?

Canada
10-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Where was Sippio today??

hermhater
10-14-2007, 11:42 PM
Where was Sippio today??

I guess earlier in the week when Herm was talking about the young guys coming in to the game, he wasn't talking about Sippio!

What's up Canada? Did you get to watch the game?

:beer: :toast2: :yahoo: :drunkhb: :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
10-14-2007, 11:43 PM
Oh I watched it!! I haven't slept for two days cause I am on nights but I will not miss my Chiefs. I am already planning a sick day for next Sunday!

hermhater
10-14-2007, 11:52 PM
Oh I watched it!! I haven't slept for two days cause I am on nights but I will not miss my Chiefs. I am already planning a sick day for next Sunday!

Way to support our Chiefs!

GO CHIEFS!!!

sling58
10-15-2007, 07:38 AM
We should drop Bennet. He hasn't done anything to warrant him staying if Priest comes back.

Canada
10-15-2007, 08:00 AM
We should drop Bennet. He hasn't done anything to warrant him staying if Priest comes back.

Let's wait and see if and when Priest does anything first. Don;t want to put the cart in front of the horse!! :bananen_smilies046:

sling58
10-15-2007, 08:09 AM
Let's wait and see if and when Priest does anything first. Don;t want to put the cart in front of the horse!! :bananen_smilies046:

I see your point but Priest might be the spark we need.

Canada
10-15-2007, 08:11 AM
I see your point but Priest might be the spark we need.

I hope he is. Maybe we could use the pro bowl wishbone with LJ, Priest and Bennet and then replace Huard with Kolby!! ....then throw the ball!! :bananen_smilies046:

sling58
10-15-2007, 08:14 AM
I hope he is. Maybe we could use the pro bowl wishbone with LJ, Priest and Bennet and then replace Huard with Kolby!! ....then throw the ball!! :bananen_smilies046:

to Jared Allen!!!

:lol: :lol:

Chiefster
10-15-2007, 08:16 AM
to Jared Allen!!!

:lol: :lol:

Yeah well that would contain the element of surprise.:lol:

m0ebr0
10-15-2007, 08:54 AM
LJ needs to run like that for now on. Now that we've finally showed that we can run he will need to keep it up an run every game like he did vs the Bangles.

I still think we need Priest back. He will help out alot. If LJ cant get gonig we can put Priest in. If LJ needs a break Priest can help out. If LJ gets injured Priest can step in. Priest has proven he can carry the load just as well as LJ. Priest is also more of a leader for the team and will help everyone around him play better which is a major thing that LJ does not have.

sling58
10-15-2007, 08:56 AM
LJ needs to run like that for now on. Now that we've finally showed that we can run he will need to keep it up an run every game like he did vs the Bangles.

I still think we need Priest back. He will help out alot. If LJ cant get gonig we can put Priest in. If LJ needs a break Priest can help out. If LJ gets injured Priest can step in. Priest has proven he can carry the load just as well as LJ. Priest is also more of a leader for the team and will help everyone around him play better which is a major thing that LJ does not have.

Minus the stupid delay of game penalties.

Chiefster
10-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Minus the stupid delay of game penalties.

Absolutely zero excuse for delay of game; unless you wan't the extra five yards of space for the punt.

sling58
10-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Absolutely zero excuse for delay of game; unless you wan't the extra five yards of space for the punt.

exactly, another example of not having your head in the game.

Chiefster
10-15-2007, 09:08 AM
exactly, another example of not having your head in the game.

...All about concentration.

sling58
10-15-2007, 11:24 AM

and self control.

swmochiefsfan
10-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Stupid penalties will kill ya.

sling58
10-15-2007, 11:30 AM

luckily it didn't bite us in the ***!

Canada
10-15-2007, 04:16 PM

and self control.

What was the deal with Benny Sapp on the first Q??

hermhater
10-15-2007, 04:18 PM
What was the deal with Benny Sapp on the first Q??

The Bengals were talking smack about something.

I listened to Herm's post game press conference and he said the Bengals have some talkers on their team.

Herm asked the ref if he wanted to eject Sapp from the game (f@rking HERM?????????) then took him out of the game himself, until he came and kept pressing up against him(???) and then HERM let him back in the game!

Canada
10-15-2007, 04:20 PM

I listened to Herm's post game press conference and he said the Bengals have some talkers on their team.

Herm asked the ref if he wanted to eject Sapp from the game (f@rking HERM?????????) then took him out of the game himself, until he came and kept pressing up against him(???) and then HERM let him back in the game!

I understand getting upset but getting in the face of Waters....not a smart move.

hermhater
10-15-2007, 04:21 PM
I understand getting upset but getting in the face of Waters....not a smart move.

Yeah, he was trying to fight Donnie Edwards too.

Not smart.

Three7s
10-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Yeah that Houshmenzada guy for the Bengals was talking crap to Sapp or something, saying the Bengals had better players. He even said that in post game interviews. It doesn't matter how good you are, in a team full of "me" players, you'll never be good as a team, and that's why they don't win. LJ should look at the Bengals, then look at himself, then wash up.
I do understand why Sapp was mad, he was being undermined by Houshmenzada, and probably some other Bengal players, but gotta keep the cool. He's still young though, he'll get better.

hermhater
10-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Yeah that Houshmenzada guy for the Bengals was talking crap to Sapp or something, saying the Bengals had better players. He even said that in post game interviews. It doesn't matter how good you are, in a team full of "me" players, you'll never be good as a team, and that's why they don't win. LJ should look at the Bengals, then look at himself, then wash up.
I do understand why Sapp was mad, he was being undermined by Houshmenzada, and probably some other Bengal players, but gotta keep the cool. He's still young though, he'll get better.

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your next post!

It will make one hundred!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/114.jpg

Three7s
10-15-2007, 07:29 PM
Post 100 is dedicated to the Chiefs owning the Raiders in Raider nation!!!! And to HH!

Canada
10-15-2007, 08:40 PM

I like Benny, but you have to be smarter than that. He shoulda known before the game ever started that those idiots have big mouths and when your entire team is dragging you off the field and telling you to shut up, then maybe you should shut up. He is doing exactly what the Bungals wanted him to do....help them move the ball.

rbedgood
10-15-2007, 08:41 PM
The Bengals problem isn't their offense or the players on it. Ironically Marvin Lewis was brought in as a defensive guy, but his defense SUCKS...

DrunkHillbilly
10-15-2007, 08:46 PM
I hope they bench Sapp!!! That was ridiculous!!!! He sucks anyway! Won't lose much without him on the field.

rbedgood
10-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Sapp is a good special teams player...don't take him off those squads.

Chiefster
10-15-2007, 11:12 PM
Chiefs RB Holmes to begin practicing
Posted: Monday October 15, 2007

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Running back Priest Holmes, who hasn't played or practiced since October 2006, will begin practicing on Wednesday. Kansas City coach Herm Edwards did not rule out the possibility that he might play this week against Oakland.

The former Pro Bowler has been on the ineligible list and not able to practice since he unexpectedly reported to training camp in July.

Asked when Holmes, 34, might appear in a game, Edwards said, "We'll see."

The Chiefs coach said he did not know if there was a possibility the Chiefs (3-3) would activate their former team rushing champion in time for Sunday's game.

"I'd like to see him practice first. I'll be able to answer that Wednesday after practice or Thursday," Edwards said.

Holmes, who scored a then-NFL record 27 touchdowns in 2003, sustained neck and spinal injuries in a game at San Diego on Oct. 30, 2005, when he was hit by Shawne "roidman" Merriman. He was placed on the physically unable to perform list and stayed there until he showed up at training camp in River Falls, Wis. According to NFL rules, he becomes eligible to practice this week.

The three-time Pro Bowler, who scored a then-NFL record 27 touchdowns in 2003, has been working out at the Chiefs facility and looks fit. After signing as a free agent in 2001, he set the Chiefs career rushing record with 5,933 yards.

His 2005 injury gave Larry Johnson his chance to start, and the disgruntled former first-round pick charged into stardom, rushing for more than 1,750 each of the past two seasons and being named to the Pro Bowl.

Edwards said he's been in almost daily contact with Holmes.

"We talk about where he's at, how he's doing, what we're thinking. We've communicated. He knows what I expect and I know where he's at right now. When I talked to him last week, he wanted to know if this (current week) was the week. I said, 'Is it?' He said, 'Yeah.' So I said, 'Let's go."'

Edwards agreed that Holmes, who played at 213 pounds, seemed fit.

"He feels very good. I haven't seen him practice, so we'll see. You've got to find a way to get him in the game. But we haven't seen him practice yet. You'll get a sense of that from how he does in practice. That's all you can go by. You get a feel for when it's time to get him in a game."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...s.ap/index.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/10/15/chiefs.holmes.ap/index.html)

hermhater
10-16-2007, 01:43 AM
Chiefs RB Holmes to begin practicing
Posted: Monday October 15, 2007

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Running back Priest Holmes, who hasn't played or practiced since October 2006, will begin practicing on Wednesday. Kansas City coach Herm Edwards did not rule out the possibility that he might play this week against Oakland.

The former Pro Bowler has been on the ineligible list and not able to practice since he unexpectedly reported to training camp in July.

Asked when Holmes, 34, might appear in a game, Edwards said, "We'll see."

The Chiefs coach said he did not know if there was a possibility the Chiefs (3-3) would activate their former team rushing champion in time for Sunday's game.

"I'd like to see him practice first. I'll be able to answer that Wednesday after practice or Thursday," Edwards said.

Holmes, who scored a then-NFL record 27 touchdowns in 2003, sustained neck and spinal injuries in a game at San Diego on Oct. 30, 2005, when he was hit by Shawne "roidman" Merriman. He was placed on the physically unable to perform list and stayed there until he showed up at training camp in River Falls, Wis. According to NFL rules, he becomes eligible to practice this week.

The three-time Pro Bowler, who scored a then-NFL record 27 touchdowns in 2003, has been working out at the Chiefs facility and looks fit. After signing as a free agent in 2001, he set the Chiefs career rushing record with 5,933 yards.

His 2005 injury gave Larry Johnson his chance to start, and the disgruntled former first-round pick charged into stardom, rushing for more than 1,750 each of the past two seasons and being named to the Pro Bowl.

Edwards said he's been in almost daily contact with Holmes.

"We talk about where he's at, how he's doing, what we're thinking. We've communicated. He knows what I expect and I know where he's at right now. When I talked to him last week, he wanted to know if this (current week) was the week. I said, 'Is it?' He said, 'Yeah.' So I said, 'Let's go."'

Edwards agreed that Holmes, who played at 213 pounds, seemed fit.

"He feels very good. I haven't seen him practice, so we'll see. You've got to find a way to get him in the game. But we haven't seen him practice yet. You'll get a sense of that from how he does in practice. That's all you can go by. You get a feel for when it's time to get him in a game."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...s.ap/index.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/10/15/chiefs.holmes.ap/index.html)

I want to respond to other threads in this post also...

How dare you post something this important after a conversation?

I will never find my way back here until someone else posts...

hermhater
10-16-2007, 01:45 AM
I like Benny, but you have to be smarter than that. He shoulda known before the game ever started that those idiots have big mouths and when your entire team is dragging you off the field and telling you to shut up, then maybe you should shut up. He is doing exactly what the Bungals wanted him to do....help them move the ball.

Sapp was an idiot after that play...

I would laugh but it is my team...

That was ridiculous as ridiculous can be....

At least he has passion and was able to calm down and come back into the game.

chief31
10-16-2007, 05:38 AM

Sapp acted like a fool. He acted like a Bengal. I would have benched him too. He was arguing with teammates, team leaders none the less, coaches and everyone anywhere. I wouldn't mind seeing him in as part of a trade to acquire Deangelo Hall.

hermhater
10-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Sapp acted like a fool. He acted like a Bengal. I would have benched him too. He was arguing with teammates, team leaders none the less, coaches and everyone anywhere. I wouldn't mind seeing him in as part of a trade to acquire Deangelo Hall.

In real life or your fantasy league?

Would Atlanta do that?

chief31
10-16-2007, 03:58 PM
In real life or your fantasy league?

Would Atlanta do that?

Pure day-dream. Just wishful thinking. There had been a rumor that they would try to unload him, but I haven't actually heard anyhting recently.

hermhater
10-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Pure day-dream. Just wishful thinking. There had been a rumor that they would try to unload him, but I haven't actually heard anyhting recently.

Oh.

You had me all excited.

We will do well with who we have, though.

Maybe we could trade Law for Hall?

Is Atlanta stupid enough to fall for that?

:lol::beer::toast2:

m0ef0e
10-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Welcome back, Priest!!

hermhater
10-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Welcome back, Priest!!

Talking about Priest on NFL Live.

Jon Clayton says Priest will probably play within the next 3 weeks!!!

Chiefster
10-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Talking about Priest on NFL Live.

Jon Clayton says Priest will probably play within the next 3 weeks!!!

Ugh!:11:

hermhater
10-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Ugh!:11:

He looks like a gnome, but he is generally one of the few guys who gets it right most of the time.

chief31
10-16-2007, 04:28 PM
He looks like a gnome, but he is generally one of the few guys who gets it right most of the time.

The only guy I trust is Adam Schefter of the NFL Network. If he says it is going to happen, then it is.

hermhater
10-16-2007, 04:29 PM
The only guy I trust is Adam Schefter of the NFL Network. If he says it is going to happen, then it is.

Well I get to have internet access, or NFL network.

If I didn't live in KC, I would probably choose NFL network.

Sigh...