PDA

View Full Version : The Crennel Tenure has begun.....

dbolan
10-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Many months ago, when Crennel was the candidate for HC, I was against it and I took a LOT of heat from the Kool-Aid crew around here. :crucified:

So.........

How do you spin it now?

What is the excuse? Getting rid of that cancer of a coach Todd Haley was supposed to heal ALL. Now I see that Pitts offense is very successful and Big Ben is ranked #1 in several stats...POSITIVE STATS.

My guess is that Haley did not have to bring a sack of pacifiers with him when he rolled into PA.

Can't wait to hear!!!

OPLookn
10-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Many months ago, when Crennel was the candidate for HC, I was against it and I took a LOT of heat from the Kool-Aid crew around here. :crucified:

So.........

How do you spin it now?

What is the excuse? Getting rid of that cancer of a coach Todd Haley was supposed to heal ALL. Now I see that Pitts offense is very successful and Big Ben is ranked #1 in several stats...POSITIVE STATS.

My guess is that Haley did not have to bring a sack of pacifiers with him when he rolled into PA.

Can't wait to hear!!!

What in the WORLD are you smoking? The Steelers have beat a horrible Jets team that couldn't find the end zone with a map. Then they had to squeak one out against the Eagles after Vick turned the ball over twice! Past that they've been beat by the Raiders and the Broncos.

Those four teams have an 8-10 record combined. If I remember right you were calling out the Chiefs when they had an "easy" schedule. Haley's had an "easy" schedule.

okikcfan
10-08-2012, 06:45 PM
I myself was split on the whole idea or say more 60-40 against it. I just wasn't sure. I would like to go back and blame Haley for messing up any chance we had. I knew the second Charlie Weis left we were doomed. Thank you Todd Haley!

IslandKing77
10-08-2012, 07:56 PM
I was hoping RAC wasn't going to get the nod for head coach.

The thought process for me was simple. Crennel is an elite level 3-4 defensive coordinator. If he gets promoted to head coach and it doesn't work out, then when he's fired we lose him as the defensive coordinator. I've never seen a head coach get fired and accept a demotion back to a coordinator position.

Now it appears to be playing out that way and with our luck Crennel will be defensive coordinator for the Raiders or Broncos next season :(

Hayvern
10-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Haley was not the answer, I maintain that. Crennel is not the answer either. I was a little surprised when Hunt handed him the head coaching job to be honest, I fully expected someone else to come in.

But more and more I am getting on the anti-Pioli bandwagon. I think it is still a little early, but I think Pioli is beginning to grow on my in a negative way. I will have to wait and see what happens after this year.

I still think there is a plan to get Cowher here.

KCraised
10-08-2012, 09:44 PM
I myself was split on the whole idea or say more 60-40 against it. I just wasn't sure. I would like to go back and blame Haley for messing up any chance we had. I knew the second Charlie Weis left we were doomed. Thank you Todd Haley!

Hey, I was 99% sure on Romeo but I don't know why I didnt take his Cleveland stint into account? *bangs head*

AkChief49
10-09-2012, 01:01 AM
Haley was not the answer, I maintain that. Crennel is not the answer either. I was a little surprised when Hunt handed him the head coaching job to be honest, I fully expected someone else to come in.

But more and more I am getting on the anti-Pioli bandwagon. I think it is still a little early, but I think Pioli is beginning to grow on my in a negative way. I will have to wait and see what happens after this year.

Nirvana! I like RAC, I'll continue to support him (though it seems both the HC and DC job is a bit much) but if we ever have the chance for the Jaw to come back, I say take it!!

Isawa_mo
10-09-2012, 08:38 AM
I had written the idea of Cowher ever coming back here even if he ever did come back to coaching, until he made the comments he made on Sunday. Before the game he predicted the Chiefs would still go 10-6 and win the West. Saying the team had way too much talent to be 1-3.

The odds are still low that he ever would come back here, but it gave me a bit of hope that he was making a hidden statement to management. I kinda see this team like San Fran a couple years ago. They were way underachieving with their coach. A competent coach comes in and takes them to the Championship game the next year and now they are a very competitive team and likely to be a perennial playoff contender.

Eydugstr
10-09-2012, 10:43 AM
I knew the second Charlie Weis left we were doomed. Thank you Todd Haley!

+1. Do not miss Todd Haley one bit.

Crennel's coaching career is in his own hands. He must start winning. They can't go on the field unprepared. The Bills game, the Chargers game - horrible. Crennel needs to start showing everyone he didn't get the job by default.

With that being said...Right now would be an awesome time for Cowher to step in and be a defensive cooridinator. We're running a 3-4 with monster linebackers similar to what we did in '91. If anybody could get Poe and Jackson to pickup their game...It'd be Cowher.

It'd give Crennel the chance to focus more on being a HC and fix the offense, and if Crennel didn't work out, just promote Cowher from within.

Chiefster
10-09-2012, 11:04 AM

I'd be happy with him or Gruden.

Hayvern
10-09-2012, 01:40 PM
I had written the idea of Cowher ever coming back here even if he ever did come back to coaching, until he made the comments he made on Sunday. Before the game he predicted the Chiefs would still go 10-6 and win the West. Saying the team had way too much talent to be 1-3.

The odds are still low that he ever would come back here, but it gave me a bit of hope that he was making a hidden statement to management. I kinda see this team like San Fran a couple years ago. They were way underachieving with their coach. A competent coach comes in and takes them to the Championship game the next year and now they are a very competitive team and likely to be a perennial playoff contender.

THIS!

I heard the same thing. That was an interesting statement to me and I see the same thing you do. I think Cowher could come in here with this team and do some pretty incredible things.

Someone said he could come in as DC? Not going to happen, not even in the wildest upside down dream you could imagine. If Cowher comes in here he is going to be in charge. I would tend to see it to be more like what is in New England when Pioli was there. Cowher would be in charge of everything and Pioli would be handling player personnel and the front office.

Cowher would be making all the calls on coaching, players to be drafted/signed and running of the team. Pioli would be responsible for making that happen.

Damn, I get excited just thinking about, even as much a long shot as it is.

#58ChiefsFan
10-09-2012, 05:43 PM
THIS!

I heard the same thing. That was an interesting statement to me and I see the same thing you do. I think Cowher could come in here with this team and do some pretty incredible things.

Someone said he could come in as DC? Not going to happen, not even in the wildest upside down dream you could imagine. If Cowher comes in here he is going to be in charge. I would tend to see it to be more like what is in New England when Pioli was there. Cowher would be in charge of everything and Pioli would be handling player personnel and the front office.

Cowher would be making all the calls on coaching, players to be drafted/signed and running of the team. Pioli would be responsible for making that happen.

Damn, I get excited just thinking about, even as much a long shot as it is.

Remember when Hunt hired Pioli and they stated they wanted to model the franchise after the Steelers? Well that is one hell of a way to move tword that dream.

brdempsey69
10-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Sorry, but Cowher isn't coming to KC as long as Pioli is the GM. Jeff Fisher wanted no part of Pioli and what makes anyone think Cowher would want any part of Pioli?

Besides, I'd rather see the Chiefs do what SF did. Get a new GM and hire a successful coach from the college ranks like they did in early 2011.

Bike
10-09-2012, 09:30 PM

So.........

How do you spin it now?

Can't wait to hear!!!
Haley's daddy got him that job. If it wasn't for him, Haley would be stocking shelves at Hy-Vee.

AkChief49
10-10-2012, 12:27 AM
I'd be happy with him or Gruden.
Chucky a Chief? I could go for that too! But still, there is some time to turn this around.We'll just have to see if the team can respond to all of this.

dbolan
12-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Why isn't anyone screaming for Crennel and/or Pioli to get canned!

We moan and groan about lack of talent..That is all fine and great. You do need talent but you also need a very good organization and GOOD coaches!

J. Charles is proving to be a heck of a back...Good for him.

This season is even more disgusting than last year.

nigeriannightmare
12-10-2012, 12:55 PM

We moan and groan about lack of talent..That is all fine and great. You do need talent but you also need a very good organization and GOOD coaches!

Bro everyone wants pioli and RAC gone but is highly unlikely pioli goes. I've heard something about a five year plan. RAC and Brian daboll need to go and quicky.

matthewschiefs
12-10-2012, 04:50 PM

I have been screaming for Romeo to be gone. While others have gone on and on about the QB I've been right there pointing out all the others problems we have seen on this team and have said when the play is that poor across the board you have to put that on the head coach and I have said that If we got a new QB it wouldn't make that much of a difference under this coaching staff. But I agree not enough has been said about this fact.

Justin5772002
12-11-2012, 01:17 AM
What about nick saban I heard he's coming to the nfl and he's looking at the browns. Btw he has a gm going with

Guru
12-11-2012, 07:43 AM
What about nick saban I heard he's coming to the nfl and he's looking at the browns. Btw he has a gm going with

Hell no

chiefnut
12-11-2012, 09:04 AM
The win over green bay sealed the deal for RC to be our head coach. i said it was a mistake. now it is time to move on, why some say we under pay coaches i don't know, please post coaching salaries to back that up. the truth is we don't offer the type of opportunity most coaches want. a big market team, a top GM, a team on the verge of greatness needing only a coach [well that one maybe]. what coaches have thrown their hat in our ring? none that i am aware of. cower has consistently said he is NOT interested in coaching, gruden is a maybe but i think it would have to be a perfect fit. who are the hottest underling prospects??? i honestly don't know. we wil need a new head coach who can get us a great OC and a decent DC and of course a new GM who can find that head coach. not lookin too good

Hayvern
12-12-2012, 11:43 AM
I had a look into my crystal ball this morning and here is what I saw:

Marty Shottenheimer = GM
Brian Shottenheimer = Head Coach

Tell me why it won't happen?

MyManHali
12-13-2012, 01:00 AM

So.........

How do you spin it now?

Can't wait to hear!!!

That was my favorite quote from just about every Chiefs Crowd member, from Matt all the way down to Chief 31.

"But you haven't seen what Cassel can do without Haley!"

Yeah, I have seen enough.

matthewschiefs
12-13-2012, 01:44 AM
That was my favorite quote from just about every Chiefs Crowd member, from Matt all the way down to Chief 31.

"But you haven't seen what Cassel can do without Haley!"

Yeah, I have seen enough.

Well we hadn't

Problem is we got a worse coach then haley not a better one.

reded
12-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Hopefully the Crennel tenure is about to end.

nigeriannightmare
12-13-2012, 01:43 PM

So.........

How do you spin it now?

Can't wait to hear!!!

Pretty sure Big Ben won two superbowls before Todd Haley got there. It's easy to work with success. Todd had Kurt Warner in Arizona too also a Super Bowl champion.

MyManHali
12-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Well we hadn't

Problem is we got a worse coach then haley not a better one.

The problem is that he sucks.

nigeriannightmare
12-13-2012, 04:28 PM
The problem is that he sucks.

Baring an injury Cassel has taken his last snap as a starter. Leave it alone. You were absolutely right he has no business in the NFL, lets move on to your next criticism.