PDA

View Full Version : Eric Winston "Clarification" of Statement

#58ChiefsFan
10-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Romeo Crennel talks about the controversial comments of Eric Winston (http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=153573241)

If you're holding your breath for an apology exhale.

Edit: The Winston audio is on the same page.

KCraised
10-08-2012, 09:27 PM
I sure hope no one ever snaps a photo of him at a boxing match or an mma fight with his buddies. Im sure he will hear some "you sicken me" slurs and jabs

chief31
10-08-2012, 10:48 PM
I sure hope no one ever snaps a photo of him at a boxing match or an mma fight with his buddies. Im sure he will hear some "you sicken me" slurs and jabs

As much as some would like to believe otherwise, the purpose in football is NOT to hurt the opponents.

If THAT is. What you are looking for then The UFC might better suit your desires.

Injuries are an unintended side effect in football.

KCraised
10-08-2012, 11:05 PM
As much as some would like to believe otherwise, the purpose in football is NOT to hurt the opponents.

If THAT is. What you are looking for then The UFC might better suit your desires.

Injuries are an unintended side effect in football.

How many times have the rules been changed to tighten the game up from these guys trying to take each others heads off? Protecting qbs, protecting people coming across the middle, etc, etc, etc. And how many times have you heard fans complain that they are watering down the game? Its super violent, this isnt touch football. He just came across in his statement like he doesnt condone sickening violent behavior. Soooo, i hope he doesnt attend any animalistic society devolving activities. He pointed out why society would relish seeing a person knocked out, no matter who it was, and its sickening. So walk the walk, dont contribute to the downward spiral?

KCraised
10-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Its also interesting. On sporting news, right now, we are the #1 story, just ahead of the chicago fan murdered in Jacksonville. I think the media needs to reprioritize thier stories. We need Winston to do a speech for them about society and its warped order of priorities.

#58ChiefsFan
10-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Its also interesting. On sporting news, right now, we are the #1 story, just ahead of the chicago fan murdered in Jacksonville. I think the media needs to reprioritize thier stories. We need Winston to do a speech for them about society and its warped order of priorities.

I'm pretty disappointed in Eric not making a better effort to put his bus driver hat on and shame the media for the way they ran with this story. He admits the figure was exaggerated but does nothing to say how unfairly the ENTIRE fanbase is being slaughtered.

KCraised
10-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Slaughtered is the best word ive heard to describe it. We have become a human behavioral study, here. Round table discussions by people that dont have a clue, figuring out what made the civilized city turn into bloodthirsty animals. Its wonderful.

KristofLaw
10-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Hmmm, I think this thing is over blown for sure and aimed at the wrong places but why apologize when he's standing up for his teammate. More people should stand up for them and one another if you ask me... I think everyone wants to be right and until we start to win it will continue that way.

kcvet
10-09-2012, 09:09 AM
he hit the big time. or was it us??? GMATV ran the story this morning that included his 70,000 cheering fans. oh wait how many??? and videos. the slayer of Chief fans. atta boy Eric.

Eydugstr
10-09-2012, 11:35 AM
I think this thing is over blown for sure and aimed at the wrong places but why apologize when he's standing up for his teammate.

Agreed. The guy called it like he saw it, from his point of view all he sees is a bunch of people cheering in their seats.

The media acts like he needed to discern every last voice and narrow it down, or not speak at all. If he could do that, I'd say to Eric to forget the NFL, become a conductor for the London Symphony ("You there!! Cellist in the back row!! YOU'RE OUT OF TUNE !!! And for heaven's sake, play dominant 7th arpeggios instead of major 7ths - I can hear it from here!!")

Again, he called it like he saw it. Glad that he did. Might actually light a fire in that locker room and get guys to take their jobs more seriously. Leave it at that.

:chiefs:

#58ChiefsFan
10-09-2012, 01:21 PM
The message was the right thing to do and I applaud him for doing so. However the media portrayal of his comments, which were inaccurate, is not correct. As a member of this organization, he should have made a better attempt to tell people who know only what is reported that it has been misrepresented.

chief31
10-10-2012, 02:06 AM
The message was the right thing to do and I applaud him for doing so. However the media portrayal of his comments, which were inaccurate, is not correct. As a member of this organization, he should have made a better attempt to tell people who know only what is reported that it has been misrepresented.

He spoke out against fans, a big no-no. Clearly he was compelled be emotions and PC and even-mindedness tend to fall by the wayside when emotions speak.

I continue to support our ROT sticking up for his injured QB. He was upset with people who were cheering not everybody else.

If you took offense, then I truly believe that you were offended because you relate yourself with the people he was upset about.

#58ChiefsFan
10-10-2012, 07:04 AM
If you took offense, then I truly believe that you were offended because you relate yourself with the people he was upset about.

That's a fair statement to make in broad terms and I would agree with it. My only issue is the spin of the media to take a misquote and try to make this fan base look like Philly or Oakland, not in the message he was trying to convey.

Mitch Holthus on Chiefs Live stood up against the overblown media hype on the Chiefs website and I was happy to see both he and Kendall say what they did as well. It's just a sad and depressing it has come to this. It's not as if that defense will ever be known to the knee jerk folks that did everything they could to make us look like ****.

OPLookn
10-10-2012, 01:49 PM
He spoke out against fans, a big no-no. Clearly he was compelled be emotions and PC and even-mindedness tend to fall by the wayside when emotions speak.

I continue to support our ROT sticking up for his injured QB. He was upset with people who were cheering not everybody else.

I'm going to have to disagree with your statement. I took offense because if you know nothing about Chiefs fans from experience what will you base your opinion of them from? The national media. What has the national media been saying for the past three days now? We're horrible fans that applaud their own team getting hurt.

Unfortunately because of the hyper speed of communication we have perception is becoming reality. The spirit of Winston's message I agree with. Anyone applauding an injury is disgusting. But now everyone in KC applaud's injuries and that's the mentality that opposing fans will bring.

We as a fan base haven't earned the disdain that some of the thugs have given the Raiders fan base. A bad apple doesn't rot the whole bushel.

kcvet
10-10-2012, 02:09 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with your statement. I took offense because if you know nothing about Chiefs fans from experience what will you base your opinion of them from? The national media. What has the national media been saying for the past three days now? We're horrible fans that applaud their own team getting hurt.

Unfortunately because of the hyper speed of communication we have perception is becoming reality. The spirit of Winston's message I agree with. Anyone applauding an injury is disgusting. But now everyone in KC applaud's injuries and that's the mentality that opposing fans will bring.

We as a fan base haven't earned the disdain that some of the thugs have given the Raiders fan base. A bad apple doesn't rot the whole bushel.

Winston's now the hero of the NFL. he's right and we're the bums and trash. all of us. you should hear em talkin'. i am

#58ChiefsFan
10-10-2012, 03:23 PM
But now everyone in KC applaud's injuries and that's the mentality that opposing fans will bring.

In the football community our history and tradition will over ride that notion except the faiders fan base who come in and embrace such nonsense. As far as real football fans go, they know we have a big issue at quarterback and have for a long time, the majority are not going to side with the mob mentality that has been portrayed. I believe their smart enough to know what really happened.

The people who are not adept in the football community are the ones who will not be able to understand that the entire stadium did not erupt in applause. Which is going to leave them as folks who would never want to come see the truth, even if they were remotely interested in seeing a game before. Basically the same way no one really wants to walk up in jokelands baseball/football stadium.