PDA

View Full Version : Question to all anti-Cassel people

Brian52682
10-09-2012, 12:48 AM
So I am curious and just was wondering if someone could give me a rational argument as to why so many people are calling for Cassels head and loathe him so much.

He was a solid pro bowl quarterback in 2010 and got off to a shaky start before getting hurt last year and now he is coming back from an injury. Quarterbacks are always shaky coming back from an injury and their play can be inconsistent. Peyton Manning had some real bad games as did Tim Brady after his knee injury. I guess I'm curious as to why so many people despise Cassels when there are so many other glaring holes on this team and he has proven to be a pro bowl caliber quarterback.

KCraised
10-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Well, ill start this off....he individually has as many turnovers charged to him this year, as some teams turnover numbers, AS A WHOLE TEAM. Pretty ugly stat.

Ryfo18
10-09-2012, 12:58 AM
So I am curious and just was wondering if someone could give me a rational argument as to why so many people are calling for Cassels head and loathe him so much.

He was a solid pro bowl quarterback in 2010 and got off to a shaky start before getting hurt last year and now he is coming back from an injury. Quarterbacks are always shaky coming back from an injury and their play can be inconsistent. Peyton Manning had some real bad games as did Tim Brady after his knee injury. I guess I'm curious as to why so many people despise Cassels when there are so many other glaring holes on this team and he has proven to be a pro bowl caliber quarterback.

Look past the stats during the pro bowl season and you'll see that Cassel did it against very crappy opponents. Brady and Manning have beat quality opponents.

Here's the stats on cassel (source: Chiefs The Declaration Of Independence, MO - The People vs. Matthew Gus Brennan Cassel - ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261629))

He's 3-18 when the Chiefs pass more than they run.

He's 3-13 against playoff teams (2 wins as a Patriot).

Against playoff teams, he averages 148.5 passing yards.

His career win percentage is 5-13 against winning teams (+.500 record).

Brian52682
10-09-2012, 01:03 AM
Well, ill start this off....he individually has as many turnovers charged to him this year, as some teams turnover numbers, AS A WHOLE TEAM. Pretty ugly stat.

He has less than Vick and he isn't losing his job anytime soon.

Brian52682
10-09-2012, 01:10 AM
Good link Ryfo, that's exactly the info I was looking for.

2010chiefs
10-09-2012, 01:31 AM
I won't even entertain this question. Do you even watch football. Good lord. Besides, i'm not anti cassel, i'm PRO-Chiefs! He's a god awful QB. Watch Sundays game. Nuff said!

KCraised
10-09-2012, 01:34 AM
He has less than Vick and he isn't losing his job anytime soon.

Well, ask Vicks boss. He should.

IslandKing77
10-09-2012, 01:36 AM
He also was not a pro bowl quaterback in 2010. He was in 2011, and he was the ALTERNATE.

That means 3 qbs in the AFC were ahead of him. I believe that Manning did not participate that year so Cassel took his place on the roster.

Tom Brady, Philip Rivers and Peyton Manning were selected ahead of him.

With regards to his injury. Players can be inconsistent when coming back from and injury. Players who were inconsistent before being injured are not necessary awarded the benefit of the doubt.

If a player is under performing, regardless of the reason, he needs to be replaced. The vehemence from the fanbase is a direct response to the management/coaching decisions to not even attempt to replace him. His protected status regardless of performance is what draws the most anger.

brdempsey69
10-09-2012, 01:40 AM
For me personally, it's not a matter of hating Cassel. I don't hate him at all, quite the contrary, I was hoping he'd become a great QB for the Chiefs when they traded for him.

You mentioned 2010 & I really believe the trouble started with Weis resigning as OC and then the beating he took at the hands of the Raiders in the season finale. I'm not sure he's ever recovered from either of those.

In 2012, his play hasn't been inconsistent --- it's been consistently getting WORSE week by week. The team no longer believes in him & they will never play with a certain fervor that they would for a guy like Joe Montana in his prime.

Last Sunday was a glittering example. The Chiefs were running the ball with great success in the 1st half & yet, they never tried to take shots downfield off play-action, even though Baltimore was ripe for it. Plus, there were times on 3rd & long, they'd simply hand the ball off to Charles. It looked like 2009 all over again.

What bothers me is the Chiefs brass can see that things are not working for Cassel in 2012, yet they insisted on keeping him on the field last Sunday until he got hurt, when it was clear.....especially after that fumble at the goal line......that it was time to give him the day off & let the next guy ( Quinn ) take a shot at it.

In my judgement, the real blame falls on Scott Pioli. He saw Cassel get beaten into the dirt repeatedly in 2009, then in the 2010 off-season did very little to address a porous O-Line & instead squandered his top 3 draft choices on luxury picks instead of bolstering Cassel's pass protection ( hence this is why many Chiefs fans preferred that Russell Okung be drafted at #5 )

The 2010 season Pro Bowl season for Cassel was smoke and mirrors and in the season finale against the Raiders, the smoke left the building. Plus, the 2010 schedule was the easiest schedule in team history. The Chiefs did not beat one team that had a winning record. See the link below for Cassel's record against teams with winning records, it's quite damning:

MATT CASSEL: YEAR 4 - ESSAY - BY THE NUMBERS - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/9/17/3345658/matt-cassel-year-4-essay-by-the-numbers)

The problem is Cassel has made no progress since 2010 -- in fact it's gone the other way, as in 2011 and 2012, there has been no benefit of an easy schedule.

I will grant you that there are areas on the team that could improve, but I can't help but wonder what this current Chiefs team would be like if it had Joe Montana in his prime playing QB for them. I'm not comparing Cassel to Montana, by the way, because Montana is incomparable. What I'm suggesting is that the Chiefs need better QB play....everybody and their brother can see that......and Cassel had his chance and simply has not gotten it done, nor made any progress since 2010. It's time to move on.

AussieChiefsFan
10-09-2012, 01:46 AM
I like Cassel, but he's not that answer. He's a tough guy, that is determined to be the best possible, but we need a new QB right now. Simple as that.

Miller
10-09-2012, 03:04 AM

:welcome: Cassel's mom to Chiefs Crowd!!

AussieChiefsFan
10-09-2012, 04:45 AM

:lol:

70 chiefsfan70
10-09-2012, 09:29 AM

And may I add, You raised a great kid. Any Mom would be proud and well deserved!

Chiefster
10-09-2012, 10:09 AM
He's a tough, gritty guy with a great blue collar work ethic with a desire to win every time he steps out onto the field IMO. The problem with Cassel is that his talents have not always matched his personality. I like him, but believe that there needs to be real competition at his position. I, also, take into consideration that he, and the rest of the offense, have had a new offensive coordinator in each of the years that Haley was head coach.

kcvet
10-09-2012, 10:41 AM
the saying goes what have you done for me lately??? im not a Cassel hater. for some reason he's just not focued this year. I do hope he recovers. that's a given for me. but I really think its time for the change. a concussion can be a life/career changer. IMO

Seek
10-09-2012, 12:49 PM

I am not Anti-Cassel, and in fact thought after the first game this year was going to be prove everyone wrong.

My first opinion. Haley has broke him like David Carr got broke playing for Houston. His confidence it gone and right now mentally is to scared to make plays. He would rather dump it off to the RB in the flat for 4 yards than even risk throwing a tough pass down the field, despite the increased number of plays for over 20 yards.

Second opinion, He worked hard all off season even with a QB coach to generate more velocity on his passes. I think it is causing balls to rise out of his hand like a cruise Missle. Passes are sailing high. Also, he is trying to force passes with more velocity and he is missing his targets which are getting tipped for interceptions. He is also throwing balls that he should not be because he thinks he can smoke it by the defender.

When he is faced with Pressuer he makes very poor decisions, despite doing everything he can to make a play.

I like Cassel, and I wanted him to do good and he clearly was hands over better than Quinn in the pre-season and from the practices I watched, but I think the Haley made him damaged goods and the team can not go on with him anymore. Maybe a fresh start with some other team and less pressure will help him.

OPLookn
10-09-2012, 01:33 PM
When I work with someone I tend to have two separate opinions of them. The first is their personality, can I see myself hanging out with them outside of work. The other is their work personality. Do they get the job done and do it well?

Cassel's personality is world class. He's a great guy, loves KC, has a home here, is raising his kids here and does a lot of charity work. So that first personality I really like.

However, Cassel's work personality I don't like. He doesn't get the job done, takes too much time to throw the ball, is inaccurate, doesn't got through progressions, etc.

At any rate that's why I wanted Cassel to be replaced as the QB. As many people said, I like him, I just don't like him as the Chiefs QB.

ctchiefsfan
10-09-2012, 01:44 PM

I really don't think there are many, if any, Cassel-haters here. I think almost everyone here thinks Cassel is a good guy. But for whatever reason he has simply failed. A lot of that failure may not be his fault. And that failure certainly isn't for lack of effort on his part. The ever-changing coaching situation and injuries (to his teammates as well as him) have certainly played a part. But there comes a time when excuses just aren't enough.

He tried. We tried. The team tried.

It didn't work.

It's time to move on.

N TX Dave
10-09-2012, 02:51 PM
I don't think anyone hates him as a person he is a straight up individual. But he is not a Top Notch QB and unless you have a Top Notch QB in todays NFL your team is not going to do anything in the playoffs much less make the SB. This team needs a spark and it is not coming from Cassell as much as I wanted it to he lacks something on the field ( a combination of talent and leadership)

chiefnut
10-09-2012, 03:31 PM
as a PSU fan i see some similarities between cassel and Mcgloin [PSU QB], w/one glaring difference. first they both cannot throw the deep ball, always underthrown or thrown too early and beyond reach. deep crossing routes require the receiver to stop dead to catch the ball. generally they are both good at the short pass...up to 20yds.

the BIG difference is the coaching ie..Bill Obrien at PENN STATE recognized these short commings and game plan around it. the last 2 years Mcgloin was a sub 50% passer, this year he is over 60% and is managing the game well. he brought them back w/a 13/15 passing in the 4th qtr for 22pts to win the game.

romeo does not seem to recognize where cassels weaknesses lie. he does not have the physical tools to be a mad bomber nor the laser arm for the needle threading. he needs only to manage the game, throw w/the D thinks run. move the pocket w/under pressure, keep an extra TE in to protect him w/forced to pass. run play action alot. he will never be a good nfl qb, but he may not be a bad one w/some coaching help. Obrien has made Mcgloin look good and he is winnig against all odds, but he will NEVER be an nfl qb, probably not even a backup....but he is playing like a first round pick while cassel is playing like the Mcgloin of the last 2 years making too many mistakes, with only a few good games inbetween just to tease and frustrate the fans.
The CHIEFS have good personnel and should be a contender this year, i think romeo would be better as our DC, but at the very least needs to hire us a good one. i think cassel could be a good trent dilfer style qb in the right system but the CHIEFS system is not right for him. sometimes looking at statistics just doesn't tell the story, you just have to watch each game and you will see cassel is just not a good starting QB and mcgloins 117 passer rating and 61.7% completion does not a great QB make.

McLovin
10-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Personally I think Cassel is a very high character person with a great work ethic .. He would do anything to help this team out and to get better.

Unfortunately he just can't get the job done ... I believe if Haley and Pioli hadn't insisted he play every week and would have let him sit and learn or even pulled him during a few of the bad weeks (both for him or for the team in general) and let him learn he would have been a great backup and possibly a good starter. Unfortunately when you pay Lamborghini money for a Chevy it is hard to leave it in the garage.

On the plus side Cassel has made enough money that he and his family should be able to live comfortably the rest of his life and I would imagine he has the skills to do other things in the community / world where if he needed income he could make a reasonable income somewhere else such as running a family business and I believe he would make a great coach at some level ( positional / coordinator or with experience even head coach or assistant.) I just don't want him to suit up as a QB for the Chiefs again.

Lord-Chiefy
10-09-2012, 09:18 PM
I'd love to keep Matt as a backup. Just not to any qb we have on the roster

Bike
10-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Cassel just isn't a good quarterback. Pretty simple reason really....

chief31
10-10-2012, 01:22 AM
I am with ya.

Cassel has not been as bad as the stats.

He has like seven INTs that were passes that hit their Target, only to have the target fail.

I think the fumbles are his.biggest problem, and a lot of that is a result of inconsistency in the.pass protection. But that has been my.biggest knock.on the guy this season.

I think most people were already down on Cassel, so they revel in the INTs and suspend reality to pat themselves on the back for being right.

That said, whoever starts against The Bucs, I hope plays too well to even consider replacing them.

KCraised
10-10-2012, 01:58 AM
"I think most people were already down on Cassel, so they revel in the INTs and suspend reality to pat themselves on the back for being right."

I DO enjoy this sarcasm...lol
He sucks. Even you have been wavering in recent posts. That has to hurt;)

KCraised
10-10-2012, 02:03 AM
BUT, one thing I do agree with you on, is that his INTS arent all justified. Even though he throws a suspect pass, the receiver is paid big bucks to make circus catches, if need be. Still, this doesn't outweigh his overall play, imo.

chief31
10-10-2012, 02:12 AM
"I think most people were already down on Cassel, so they revel in the INTs and suspend reality to pat themselves on the back for being right."

I DO enjoy this sarcasm...lol
He sucks. Even you have been wavering in recent posts. That has to hurt;)

He has been sub-par. Had some really good moments and some bad ones.

But then, so has the rest of this team.

I am more disappointed in D-Bowe than I am in Cassel.

I have seen more promise in Cassel's play than I have the rest of the offense, except JC.

matthewschiefs
10-10-2012, 02:18 AM
He has been sub-par. Had some really good moments and some bad ones.

But then, so has the rest of this team.

I am more disappointed in D-Bowe than I am in Cassel.

I have seen more promise in Cassel's play than I have the rest of the offense, except JC.

I would love to agree with you but I just haven't seen it. Cassel has gotten MUCH more hate then what he should I 100% agree with that. But I haven't seen much out of Cassel. His fumbles his picks though not all on him but he is a part of it. He is on record pace turnovers wise. At some point when 1 person is at least a part of things that constantly go wrong you have to look at that person I think we are there with Cassel. I hate to say it I spent the summer saying give Cassel a chance and I did. But I don't think Cassel has been showing much of anything except how to throw high passes and turn the ball over.

chief31
10-10-2012, 02:28 AM
I would love to agree with you but I just haven't seen it. Cassel has gotten MUCH more hate then what he should I 100% agree with that. But I haven't seen much out of Cassel. His fumbles his picks though not all on him but he is a part of it. He is on record pace turnovers wise. At some point when 1 person is at least a part of things that constantly go wrong you have to look at that person I think we are there with Cassel. I hate to say it I spent the summer saying give Cassel a chance and I did. But I don't think Cassel has been showing much of anything except how to throw high passes and turn the ball over.

D-Bowe then? JC?

Matt has made some big plays. Would have been more.if not for the dropped passes, turned INTs.

The REAL meltdown, for me, is the fanbase.

I went to my first ever Chiefs game and had a "You suck" banner being flown around the stadium, and many fans cheering our own player's injury.

I have always had a bad impression of Bears fans, living in Illinois. But I now believe that all teams fans have that in them.

It makes it even.worse seeing the "f*** you ya p***y" attitude that responds to sentiments like mine.

KCraised
10-10-2012, 07:45 AM
D-Bowe then? JC?

Matt has made some big plays. Would have been more.if not for the dropped passes, turned INTs.

I went to my first ever Chiefs game and had a "You suck" banner being flown around the stadium, and many fans cheering our own player's injury.

I have always had a bad impression of Bears fans, living in Illinois. But I now believe that all teams fans have that in them.

It makes it even.worse seeing the "f*** you ya p***y" attitude that responds to sentiments like mine.

Please dont start this im so ashamed of the chiefs fans rant again. We know youre horribly ashamed of them all, they are subhuman bloodthirsty animals and should rot for Thier actions. Sorry if 70,000 people let you down. Are you going to protest the fans? Are you going to be able to get past the whole stadiums misdeed? Should you move out of Kansas City, because its a sickening city? Get over it. I have belief in our fans, just like you always expect fans to have belief in the Chiefs. Lead us by example and get over this.

70 chiefsfan70
10-10-2012, 07:59 AM
D-Bowe then? JC?

This is the perfect example of what happens when the fans have had enough! Its been 20 years since we have won a playoff game. For most fans thats not good enough. Obviously it perfectly ok with you.

There were many more good fans there then were bad ones. Mostly the fans have just had it, this team will never win a big year with Cassel, we all know that, that does not make Cassel a bad guy, it just shows that he is NOT the right man for the job.

The fans do not manage this team, nor will they ever do that, however the fans pay ALL the bills and should have a voice in this.

If you are content with winning 3 to 5 games a year then maybe you should consider the Browns as your team. The majority of the Chiefs fans are just not going to stand around and watch things deteriate even more.The Chiefs fans are the Best and most loyal fans in all of football.

Remember its been 20 years! We have waited long enough! I could tell in Cassel's first 5 games that he was NOT the man for the job.

Even you mentioned that the WR's were not playing well. Of coarse they aren't. People, players, soldiers and all of nature tent to follow their leaders.

I'm not even asking you to change your mind because I know you won't. Just could not sit back and be a silent fan.

I LOVE my Chiefs, and EXPECT and DEMAND more!

I even like Cassel, just not as the leader of this offense, even though to tried his very best. He played as hard as he could. He just is NOT the man for the job.

#58ChiefsFan
10-10-2012, 08:03 AM
D-Bowe then? JC?

I'd highly encourage you to make another trip to Arrowhead, what happened Sunday is in no way representative of the Stadium experience. Don't let one god awful set of circumstances lead you to believe that's the way it is.

KCraised
10-10-2012, 08:31 AM
I'd highly encourage you to make another trip to Arrowhead, what happened Sunday is in no way representative of the Stadium experience. Don't let one god awful set of circumstances lead you to believe that's the way it is.

I totally agree with this. I think I saw a post where that was your 1st game at Arrowhead, Chief31? (could be wrong)
Ive ive been to about 90 and i can assure that isnt your typical game experience. I have NEVER heard an accusation like that and ive personally never even seen a fight at the stadium. Im sure they happen, seeings beer is flowing like crazy at a sporting event, but even the opposing fans say they enjoy the experience because no one really gives them a hard time, sometimes not at ALL. Try THAT in Oakland or Philly.
Anyways, im very defensive about sticking up for moreso what I DIDNT see. I'm sure you saw what you saw. But i had a balanced view on both sides of me and we couldnt believe what was accused. And Eric Winston heard what HE heard and thats fine. I would stand up for my fellow teammate and most likely, his friend, but you sure as Hell better not use the 70,000 number because he has made ALOT of enemies for lumping us together with the rif raf. And its not the medias fault. He floated the number. It falls on him.

chief31
10-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Please dont start this im so ashamed of the chiefs fans rant again. We know youre horribly ashamed of them all, they are subhuman bloodthirsty animals and should rot for Thier actions. Sorry if 70,000 people let you down. Are you going to protest the fans? Are you going to be able to get past the whole stadiums misdeed? Should you move out of Kansas City, because its a sickening city? Get over it. I have belief in our fans, just like you always expect fans to have belief in the Chiefs. Lead us by example and get over this.

...As if on cue....

chief31
10-10-2012, 12:47 PM
I totally agree with this. I think I saw a post where that was your 1st game at Arrowhead, Chief31? (could be wrong)
Ive ive been to about 90 and i can assure that isnt your typical game experience. I have NEVER heard an accusation like that and ive personally never even seen a fight at the stadium. Im sure they happen, seeings beer is flowing like crazy at a sporting event, but even the opposing fans say they enjoy the experience because no one really gives them a hard time, sometimes not at ALL. Try THAT in Oakland or Philly.
Anyways, im very defensive about sticking up for moreso what I DIDNT see. I'm sure you saw what you saw. But i had a balanced view on both sides of me and we couldnt believe what was accused. And Eric Winston heard what HE heard and thats fine. I would stand up for my fellow teammate and most likely, his friend, but you sure as Hell better not use the 70,000 number because he has made ALOT of enemies for lumping us together with the rif raf. And its not the medias fault. He floated the number. It falls on him.

Yeah... It was the comment you quoted to shred me to pieces on.

What a total f***ing hero you are.

I mean, you must be a true humanitarian to tear into me because my first experience of Chiefs fans at Arrowhead was for a gread deal of those fans to humiliate the entierty of Chiefs nation.

Bravo. Pat yourself on the back.

You are truly restoring my faith in the good quality of Chiefs fans.

Way to represent when Chiefs fans' respectability is in question.

chief31
10-10-2012, 01:08 PM
If you are content with winning 3 to 5 games a year then maybe you should consider the Browns as your team. The majority of the Chiefs fans are just not going to stand around and watch things deteriate even more.The Chiefs fans are the Best and most loyal fans in all of football.

I like THIS TEAM.

Maybe you, the one trying to tell me how great it is to express sush spite for this team, needs to go elsewhere.

I have been plenty vocal about my displeasure about this team.... WHEN WE WERE 2-14!!!!!!

Now that we have significantly improved on that in the recent years, I tend to not be so enraged over a team that I KNOW is better than what they have done so far.

If it enrages fans so much as to cheer your own players getting injured, or to attack the player who stood up for said player, then you are taking it way too seriously.

KCraised
10-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Yeah... It was the comment you quoted to shred me to pieces on.

What a total f***ing hero you are.

I mean, you must be a true humanitarian to tear into me because my first experience of Chiefs fans at Arrowhead was for a gread deal of those fans to humiliate the entierty of Chiefs nation.

Bravo. Pat yourself on the back.

You are truly restoring my faith in the good quality of Chiefs fans.

Way to represent when Chiefs fans' respectability is in question.

Tear into you? I told you dont give up on going to Chiefs games. I said that group you saw was not representative of what ive always seen? Wtf are you talking about???

KCraised
10-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Hey, if youre so ashamed to be a chiefs fan right now, form a line and turn in your pass. All ive been doing is dogging Winston for one thing. Lumping the stadium together as THUGS. And all I said was that is about as unfair to this team and these fans and this city. Then he comes back and says, well, it might not have been 70,000 but even if it was 7,000, it was alot. Alittle late to correct the number, d***. Damage DONE. All he had to do is say, like I said in another post, "Hey, justso you guys know, ive been treated great here. Thats why I picked this city. It wasnt everybody but it was a good amount. I just wanna make that known.
So, YOU were out there and obviously YOU didnt cheer for his injury. But he placed YOU as a culprit. And yet youll defend him to the death. Hey, thanks for sticking up for the people that were innocent of this BS.

OPLookn
10-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Tear into you? I told you dont give up on going to Chiefs games. I said that group you saw was not representative of what ive always seen? Wtf are you talking about???

Chief I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with KCraised. What are you talking about??

All he said is this isn't what a normal game day is like, don't give up on the team and don't let a few idiots sway what you think a game day is like. How was that tearing into you?

I had season tickets...of course for that year when we went 2-14. Past that I've been to about half a dozen Chiefs games. They are some of the most fun things I've ever experienced. The fans are all friendly, even to opposing fans. Sure there's some back and forth but both sides knew it was friendly. What I saw Sunday was embarrassing to me as a fan.

Then to be lumped into a summary of comments by Winston upset me. Sure he went back later but he's a big boy and has been in the NFL for years. He should have cooled off a bit instead of gathering up every reporter and going off. That comment will be out there...forever. Every time a Chiefs crowd does something suspect or a team has a complaint they'll go back and dig up that rant. I'm not pretending that people didn't applaud someone getting hurt. But what you experienced has been a long time boiling. I'm just sorry you were there for the boil over.

I think that this happening has made the team gel a bit...or so I'm hoping. When a group of people spend as much time together as the players do an insult, any insult will make them come together. Just hoping to see that Sunday.

:chiefs:

chief31
10-10-2012, 01:33 PM

Read that first quote and tell me that sounds positive to you.

You even went so far as to try and suck in all Chiefs fans to your side, and paint me as going after "70,000".

The fact is that Chiefs fans have always been deemed as being one of the more "classy" fanbases around. And that is not the case right now.

I enjoyed the game. I enjoyed the atmosphere. I enjoyed being around so many other Chiefs fans. But many Chiefs fans failed to live up to the reputation.

I will not hesitate to return. I had a great time there.

But I will have vastly lowered expectations of the fanbase.

I wish I had made some plans to meet up with some folks like Connie for the game. But I was pretty busy, and was not entirely positive I would be able to make it until Friday. And I was on a pretty tight schedule, having to work the next morning, and the 13 hour (round trip) drive.

But If I do get to another game soon, and get to meet up with some Crowd members, then my expectations will be far higher of them.

Not that I have a problem with dissent. I expressed plenty of it Sunday. I don't have a whole lot of lines for expectations of fans. But cheering Cassel's iinjury is on the other side.

It was as-if half the stadium became Timsatt.

THAT should be humiliating to the rest of us.

KCraised
10-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Chief I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with KCraised. What are you talking about??

All he said is this isn't what a normal game day is like, don't give up on the team and don't let a few idiots sway what you think a game day is like. How was that tearing into you?

I had season tickets...of course for that year when we went 2-14. Past that I've been to about half a dozen Chiefs games. They are some of the most fun things I've ever experienced. The fans are all friendly, even to opposing fans. Sure there's some back and forth but both sides knew it was friendly. What I saw Sunday was embarrassing to me as a fan.

Then to be lumped into a summary of comments by Winston upset me. Sure he went back later but he's a big boy and has been in the NFL for years. He should have cooled off a bit instead of gathering up every reporter and going off. That comment will be out there...forever. Every time a Chiefs crowd does something suspect or a team has a complaint they'll go back and dig up that rant. I'm not pretending that people didn't applaud someone getting hurt. But what you experienced has been a long time boiling. I'm just sorry you were there for the boil over.

I think that this happening has made the team gel a bit...or so I'm hoping. When a group of people spend as much time together as the players do an insult, any insult will make them come together. Just hoping to see that Sunday.

:chiefs:

Thanks, op. I had to start looking back at my posts to see if I screwed up on something. Bottom line, Chief31. Arrowhead is an amazing time. Thats why we spend thousands of dollars on season tickets for years. We love the atmosphere. And I want you to enjoy it. I apologize for getting alittle snappy on my last post.
We all gotta stick together. Having the Chiefs be in Dire Straits is bad enough. Having the good fanbase get clobbered for idiot's bad choices is just not acceptable. The wagons are circled but we all need to be on the same side.

chief31
10-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Hey, if youre so ashamed to be a chiefs fan right now, form a line and turn in your pass. All ive been doing is dogging Winston for one thing. Lumping the stadium together as THUGS. And all I said was that is about as unfair to this team and these fans and this city. Then he comes back and says, well, it might not have been 70,000 but even if it was 7,000, it was alot. Alittle late to correct the number, d***. Damage DONE. All he had to do is say, like I said in another post, "Hey, justso you guys know, ive been treated great here. Thats why I picked this city. It wasnt everybody but it was a good amount. I just wanna make that known.
So, YOU were out there and obviously YOU didnt cheer for his injury. But he placed YOU as a culprit. And yet youll defend him to the death. Hey, thanks for sticking up for the people that were innocent of this BS.

I was one of them.

The reality is that any toddler knew what he meant. How could I have possibly taken insult from his statement, when I knew that it did not include me, and that I too was not happy with the reaction?

You are thriowing a fit to try and explain the most obvious concept around.

After one Chiefs player was treated unfairly by fans, you want to get all psyched out and go after another one, the guy who stuck up for the first one.

Enjoy. But that is not going to earn respect for the fanbase reputation, just more scars.

KCraised
10-10-2012, 02:19 PM
I was one of them.

The reality is that any toddler knew what he meant. How could I have possibly taken insult from his statement, when I knew that it did not include me, and that I too was not happy with the reaction?

You are thriowing a fit to try and explain the most obvious concept around.

After one Chiefs player was treated unfairly by fans, you want to get all psyched out and go after another one, the guy who stuck up for the first one.

Enjoy. But that is not going to earn respect for the fanbase reputation, just more scars.

Well, you dont watch the news much. Obviously ALOT of national citizens have reacted harshly and vented how they think we are pieces of S***. ive seen multiple posts on national sites of people saying they would never move here, for crying out loud. So your toddler sarcasm is not quite accurate.
Lets oversimplify for you:

Cheering for Cassel injury = BAD
Eric Winston calling out the aholes = GOOD
Eric Winston calling out everybody for it = BAD
Eric Winston sticking up for Cassel = GOOD

Hope this helps.

chief31
10-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Well, you dont watch the news much. Obviously ALOT of national citizens have reacted harshly and vented how they think we are pieces of S***. ive seen multiple posts on national sites of people will never move here, for christ sake. So your toddler sarcasm is not quite accurate.

Hope this helps.

I am with you. Except that I don't think Winston saying "70,000" is even worthy of mention. He was clearly pretty emotional, and spoke from there. No big deal.

And just because a lot of people act like toddlers, doesn't mean that they actually believe that all Chiefs fans cheered for Cassel's injury.

Do you believe that all Eagles fans boo'd Santa Clause?

Nobody does. But it is fun and easy to use when you are trying to p***-off an Eagles fan.

KCraised
10-10-2012, 02:36 PM
I am with you. Except that I don't think Winston saying "70,000" is even worthy of mention. He was clearly pretty emotional, and spoke from there. No big deal.

And just because a lot of people act like toddlers, doesn't mean that they actually believe that all Chiefs fans cheered for Cassel's injury.

Nobody does. But it is fun and easy to use when you are trying to p***-off an Eagles fan.

Unfortunately, Chief, its sad to say but the toddlers run the place, sometimes.
And the Philly/Santa thing has stuck with them for a longtime. And we are 3 days into our new "stigma" we have inherited. Its not to the funny point just yet.
I'll go on record as to say if People in my large area of the stadium heard someone say "I hope you broke your neck, Cassel", the greater number of Chiefs fans around
him would deal with him. Thats the people's rep that i'm ranting to protect. We are on the same page but we are focusing on two different parts of the page content.
Anyways, this subject is getting run through the grinder, as is our patience. Being passionate from both sides is not a crime. We can agree or be civil to agree to disagree. I choose either one.

EDIT* And boo'ing a holiday symbol is alittle of an apple to an orange, when compared to an injured person...shame on you!!!;)

matthewschiefs
10-10-2012, 02:44 PM
D-Bowe then? JC?

I agree that Bowe Charles and everyone else needs to take a hit just like Cassel does. They have had moments where on plays they hurt the team more then Cassel. I have no problem admiting that.

But heres the thing. Every qb in the NFL is a victim of bad play around them throughout the year. Cassel has been the Victim of bad play around him as well. And I have said as much. The "cassel haters" Have labeled me an excuse maker many times for doing so. I have still defended him. But we are seeing this at an alarming rate. Is that because of Cassel? Maybe it is. I think we are at the point that we need to look at the other QBs. If they are better for our Wrs then Cassel is. Sometimes someone just doesn't fit with a team. That's not saying that player is horrible or that he sucks it's just that he doesn't fit. Maybe that's the case with Cassel and our talent.

Anther thing is that a lot of the picks have 1 common thing the throw is on the hide side. Now are those passes catchable yes they are. The Wrs have got there hands on a number of them and when they get there hands on a pass they should be caught. BUT at some point you have to see that our WRs can't handle the higher passes and adjust. The job of a qb is to put the ball in the hands of his WR in a point where he can do something with the ball. That is not the high ball with our WRs for the most part. Cassel has failed to make that adjustment. That is Cassel hurting the team as well. Again the blame does not fall on Cassel alone there have been Wrs and Tes that haven't made the plays as well. But there is one constant in 13 turnovers and that is Matt Cassel. There comes a point where you have to see if someone else can do the job better I think that we are at that point right now with Matt Cassel.

OPLookn
10-10-2012, 03:34 PM

Honestly that's kind of funny. Because that's ALL that the national news media has been running.

Do I believe that Eagles fans boo'd Santa? ...I don't know, never heard it until it was brought up because something else happened. Now when something further down the road happens it'll be "Eagles fans boo'd Santa and Chiefs fans applauded one of their players getting hurt". Just because you don't want to believe it or think it'll "go away" doesn't mean it will.

IslandKing77
10-10-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm not anti-Cassel. I'm not scoping out his house and tampering with his brake lines. I find it unfortunate that his desire is not proportional to his talent. If he could play QB as well as he wants to, he'd be one of the best.

Sadly he cannot.

I am anti-losing. How can you be a fan of the team and be okay with losing? It isn't like some freak occurence that nobody can puzzle out. Each week the game follows the same kind of pattern which ultimately culminates in the implosion of the QB.

It is obvious to the fans who possess critical thinking skills, it's obvious to the announcers, and it's obvious to the experts who analyze the games afterwards. How can so many people see what is obvious and yet the people who have a front row seat to the car crash each Sunday are oblivious to it?

They cannot be. It's impossible. What's left is a willful disregard for what is best for the team and the persuit of an agenda due to one man's vanity to prove that he is right no matter what. That man isn't Cassel, and I don't blame Cassel for the position he is in.

I record each directv shortcut replay of the games and Cassel looks like a man relieved when he is on the sideline. For him in that instance, for however long, at least it's over. He doesn't have to go under center and be the catalyst of our anger for the people we really hold responsible. Pioli mainly, and Hunt by association for his apparent lack of concern for the franchise.

If Quinn starts, regardless if the outcome is a positive, atleast something DIFFERENT is being attempted and finally the team will stop trying to slam a round peg through a square hole.

The people on here who exclaim that if we were real fans we would support the Chiefs and not be critical of them are of the same mentality as those who claim people critical of the government are not patriotic. It's obviously flawed logic, it doesn't fly and you who have attempted to peddle it should at the least be embarassed for trying to play that card to win an argument.

kcvet
10-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Well, you dont watch the news much. Obviously ALOT of national citizens have reacted harshly and vented how they think we are pieces of S***. ive seen multiple posts on national sites of people saying they would never move here, for crying out loud. So your toddler sarcasm is not quite accurate.

Hope this helps.

THIS

ctchiefsfan
10-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Thanks, op. I had to start looking back at my posts to see if I screwed up on something. Bottom line, Chief31. Arrowhead is an amazing time. Thats why we spend thousands of dollars on season tickets for years. We love the atmosphere. And I want you to enjoy it. I apologize for getting alittle snappy on my last post.
We all gotta stick together. Having the Chiefs be in Dire Straits is bad enough. Having the good fanbase get clobbered for idiot's bad choices is just not acceptable. The wagons are circled but we all need to be on the same side.

CLASSY POST!!!!!

nigeriannightmare
10-10-2012, 08:25 PM
I'm not anti-Cassel. I'm not scoping out his house and tampering with his brake lines. I find it unfortunate that his desire is not proportional to his talent. If he could play QB as well as he wants to, he'd be one of the best.

Sadly he cannot.

I am anti-losing. How can you be a fan of the team and be okay with losing? It isn't like some freak occurence that nobody can puzzle out. Each week the game follows the same kind of pattern which ultimately culminates in the implosion of the QB.

It is obvious to the fans who possess critical thinking skills, it's obvious to the announcers, and it's obvious to the experts who analyze the games afterwards. How can so many people see what is obvious and yet the people who have a front row seat to the car crash each Sunday are oblivious to it?

They cannot be. It's impossible. What's left is a willful disregard for what is best for the team and the persuit of an agenda due to one man's vanity to prove that he is right no matter what. That man isn't Cassel, and I don't blame Cassel for the position he is in.

I record each directv shortcut replay of the games and Cassel looks like a man relieved when he is on the sideline. For him in that instance, for however long, at least it's over. He doesn't have to go under center and be the catalyst of our anger for the people we really hold responsible. Pioli mainly, and Hunt by association for his apparent lack of concern for the franchise.

If Quinn starts, regardless if the outcome is a positive, atleast something DIFFERENT is being attempted and finally the team will stop trying to slam a round peg through a square hole.

The people on here who exclaim that if we were real fans we would support the Chiefs and not be critical of them are of the same mentality as those who claim people critical of the government are not patriotic. It's obviously flawed logic, it doesn't fly and you who have attempted to peddle it should at the least be embarassed for trying to play that card to win an argument.

When you lose for sooo long its easy to be complacent. I mean Carl only one 3 playoff games in his tenure and thats because we had one of the best denenses to have ever played the game and gave joe montana the 2 years more he wanted to play. I mean Im a royals fan, a mizzou tigers fan a blues fan. I was 8 when the royals won a world series I barley remember being excited. Some of us are just used to it. Every time I seem to get excited about my teams I get crushed.

KCraised
10-10-2012, 08:35 PM
CLASSY POST!!!!!

Thanks, man. Im due for one here and there. Ill take one when I can get one...lol
My sarcasm has been getting the best of me and I need to tone it down. Frustration is the key word and dont need to voice it that much to the Chiefs brothren. We will have our day and im pretty sure this group will be there to savor it!

KCraised
10-10-2012, 08:40 PM
When you lose for sooo long its easy to be complacent. I mean Carl only one 3 playoff games in his tenure and thats because we had one of the best denenses to have ever played the game and gave joe montana the 2 years more he wanted to play. I mean Im a royals fan, a mizzou tigers fan a blues fan. I was 8 when the royals won a world series I barley remember being excited. Some of us are just used to it. Every time I seem to get excited about my teams I get crushed.

I've had Royals season tickets forever. Good Lord, that a whole other story. I was at the 11-0 final game of the World series in 85' as a youngster. 27 years of luke warm to just horrid ball. 27+18 years of no playoff wins for the Chiefs=45 years...45 years of collective heartbreak. Man, this is getting depressing.
Anybody wanna grab some Sporting KC season tickets? Lol

KCraised
10-10-2012, 08:45 PM
THIS

Thats it, in a nutshell. Im totally cool with 3 of those 4. I know he was hot but...whatever, damage done on both sides. Our hooligans and Winstons emotions got us swimming upstream even steeper. Hell, we are hardened fans, used to adversity. Will be interesting to see the next home game. Maybe I dont wanna see....

nigeriannightmare
10-10-2012, 08:46 PM
I've had Royals season tickets forever. Good Lord, that a whole other story. I was at the 11-0 final game of the World series in 85' as a youngster. 27 years of luke warm to just horrid ball. 27+18=45 years...45 years of combined heartbreak. Man, this is getting depressing.
Anybody wanna grab some Sporting KC season tickets? Lol

yeah didn't the wizard win a mls championship before they changed names. I guess soccer is the next thing to get into to seems to be gaining traction.

the funny thing is that most think that before 2020 the royals are gonna be the domiant baseball team. Sports Illustrated claims that by 2015 we will have all star caliber at every position.

KCraised
10-10-2012, 09:01 PM
yeah didn't the wizard win a mls championship before they changed names. I guess soccer is the next thing to get into to seems to be gaining traction.

the funny thing is that most think that before 2020 the royals are gonna be the domiant baseball team. Sports Illustrated claims that by 2015 we will have all star caliber at every position.

Our farm team is the crown jewel of MLB. Chalked full of future superstars and players already brought up. Our problem is small market. We end up being a farm team for the majors. They all take off, eventually. Even George Brett said at the All Star game that a future star is good for 5 years here and then he defects. David Glass is a penny pincher and killing this team. New ownership needed badly.
Never got into Soccer but Sporting KC looks like alot of fun. Packed houses, alot of passionate fans, and winners...lol
Sorry for the hijacked thread;)

LargoChief
10-10-2012, 09:20 PM
I read you guys all the time. Nobody hates cassel, just losing but were not losing, the chiefs are getting slaughtered!!! This week was the only game that was close and unfortunately it was because cassel didn't throw, imagine if he did? The whole team has given up on him along with the fanbase and it is completely understandable. I remember went Trent green got a concussion I was blown away for two reasons, he got hurt and he was our leader. Trent gave me hope no matter who we played. Matt doesn't, he makes me nervous as hell. I'm sure he's a great guy but he still doesn't give me ANY reason to think he will get the chiefs to the playoffs. I hated seeing him get hurt but I'd be lying if I wasn't pumped for Quinn to play. I played college lacrosse and was knocked out playing against west point, still don't remember that afternoon. I've had numerous concussions but knocked completely out only once so I feel for him. I also have missed only two games since 93 and have never even been to Kansas city, I'm ready to at least try to save the season, I love the chiefs! I am going to the Tampa game since I live here and am upset to see an egg head like Winston whether he is right or wrong, cause a rift between fans. Who the hell is he anyway? He's been a chief for a couple months and he understands the frustrations of the fanbase? Lol, what a jerk. We all know it's rude to cheer an injury but when ridding your horse in to save the day watch who you crap on. Cassel, feel better. Fans, have a beer and a hug. Winston, do your job, play football.

Ryfo18
10-10-2012, 09:38 PM
This week was the only game that was close and unfortunately it was because cassel didn't throw, imagine if he did?

Haha, I love this line.

nigeriannightmare
10-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Haha, I love this line.

He threw. He had a first down completion when he got knocked out. He didn't throw much is more accurate.

kcnation
10-13-2012, 11:51 PM

he was not a pro bowl qb in 2010,he was a replacement for an injured player.also that year which he had good numbers was against all garbage teams,we had the bottom feeders that year and some of us could have had the same success that year.cassel sucks,thats the bottom line.we need a new qb and we need one now.

matthewschiefs
10-14-2012, 12:03 AM
he was not a pro bowl qb in 2010,he was a replacement for an injured player.also that year which he had good numbers was against all garbage teams,we had the bottom feeders that year and some of us could have had the same success that year.cassel sucks,thats the bottom line.we need a new qb and we need one now.

Sorry but this is a BS excuse for why Cassel did well in 2010. THose "garbage teams" beat Drew Brees twice and Peyton manning. So is Cassel better then them? EVERY win in the NFL is earned EVERY win counts Give him credit where it's due.

Does he need to go yes but don't just give hate give the man a tad of credit for the good times he had.