PDA

View Full Version : Firing herm edwards was the biggest mistake ever!!!

garciakcfan
10-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Yeah i said it!! I remember when it happened and thought it was a bad idea then and still do to this day. He had a solid foundation being built and just about everyone on here was whining and calling for his head. years removed whats your opinion now?

I hate the 3-4 defense, we've been drafting for the 3-4 for how many years now? And still cant get it right!

Imo he drafted better than haley and was a better coach and motivator.

He was another year away from this team doing special things. He was left with Nothing thanks to crybaby vermeil.

Blast away people but you got what you asked for with this change and this team!

texaschief
10-12-2012, 12:06 AM
MUCH better coach than Haley. I agree with everything you just said. I don't think he was given a fair shot with a good, young roster that he had the task to build. However, I don't think he was the coach that was going to be the guy who would lead the team to the promised land. I think his personnel moves kick the living **** outta Pioli's moves. This team is built on the Edwards picks. Imagine what this team would look like if Dorsey was allowed to play in a 4-3 and if he had a couple more years to build this team.

What a shame.

nigeriannightmare
10-12-2012, 12:18 AM
Jerk Edwards may have been the best evaluator of talent worst manager of a game to have eve coached which is why he's awesome on Espn and hasn't been of interest for any coaching gig. Texaschief admit it he was a bad coach, excellent in evaluating talent.

texaschief
10-12-2012, 12:29 AM
He was a better coach than Haley. Edwards has been offered several jobs as a coach but has turned them down because of the sweet job he's got at ESPN. He'll coach again.

matthewschiefs
10-12-2012, 12:43 AM
I will disagree with you on firing Herm being a mistake.

I do agree that Herm did have a pretty good eye for talent. I really would like to see just how he would do in the role of a GM. I don't think we will ever see that. But I don't know for sure that he wouldn't do a good job in that role.

But the role of Head coach just isn't right for Herm. His game management is just horrible. I can't tell you how many Sundays While he was on the sidelines I was just cursing his name. He just doesn't handle the in game situations well at all. Not sure if we got any better then him with Romeo or not have not seen enough to tell. But I don't think that Herm is fit to be a head coach in the NFL.

Herm seems like a great guy. I really wanted to like him as our coach. But his win loss record after the 1st season was HORRIBLE. True that's not nearly all his fault as Carl peterson takes far more blame. But Herm IMO was to blame for more then his fair share of those losses.

chief31
10-12-2012, 03:10 AM
Vermiel left us at 10-6... Herm.found his way to 2-14, and Haley got us back up to 10-6.

I like 10-6 better than 2-14.

All HCs are superior to Herm Edwards.

rbedgood
10-12-2012, 03:21 AM
As an admitted outsider, in my opinion Herm would make a great GM with his ability to evaluate talent, etc....but I have to agree that his clock management, and game planning seemed weak.

Chiefster
10-12-2012, 06:27 AM
Vermiel left us at 10-6... Herm.found his way to 2-14, and Haley got us back up to 10-6.

THIS!

As an admitted outsider, in my opinion Herm would make a great GM with his ability to evaluate talent, etc....but I have to agree that his clock management, and game planning seemed weak.

...and a great big THIS!!!!

Where you been young man! :11: :bananen_smilies046:

Seek
10-12-2012, 08:43 AM
Yeah i said it!! I remember when it happened and thought it was a bad idea then and still do to this day. He had a solid foundation being built and just about everyone on here was whining and calling for his head. years removed whats your opinion now?

I hate the 3-4 defense, we've been drafting for the 3-4 for how many years now? And still cant get it right!

He was another year away from this team doing special things. He was left with Nothing thanks to crybaby vermeil.

Blast away people but you got what you asked for with this change and this team!

Herm was a horrible coach and you blame Vermeil but just like the Jets fans before him stated, he came in a blew this team apart to build HIS TAMPA two that got completely destroyed. He rebuilt the entire defense and still only one two games witha pathetic defense.

I still remember him saying that an offense scoring 24 points a game was Arena Football and that is not how you play the game, and then with that very MAD drive home every Sunday heard him say the same stupid things. It was just one of those games. It was just one of those gaames. NO Herm apparently you are playing in the Arena league because teams are scoring more than 24 points on you, but keep running the ball to keep that clock running and get it over quicker.

Herm was a scout at best who understood DB talent. At least Crennel is a DC.

To me Herm is the reason so many of us are frustrated. He stripped this team down and started the Losing streaks at home that killed our home field advantage. He did it his very first home game by wearing White instead of REd to get an advantage on the hot 80 degree day.

Seek
10-12-2012, 08:49 AM
He was a better coach than Haley. Edwards has been offered several jobs as a coach but has turned them down because of the sweet job he's got at ESPN. He'll coach again.

What has he been offered and turned down? He is on the radio every week and he has said he had leads, but it was my understanding that he was turned down not him turning it down, but he has twisted it the other way now since he as his ESPN job. Since then he said, he loves his job and does not want to give it up to coach.

chiefnut
10-12-2012, 10:55 AM
but remember he "played to win the game...HELLO!!!"
mister predictable made marty ball look like the run n gun.
i watched herm w/the jets and the CHIEFS and he was the same overly conservative predictable poor clock managing yutz at both. edwards and haley were both mistakes, experiments gone bad, pioli should be next

m0ef0e
10-12-2012, 12:00 PM
No thanks on Herm Edwards. He seems like a real nice guy but I got more than my fill of seeing that Tampa 2 coverage get scorched for huge plays while he was here.

texaschief
10-12-2012, 12:16 PM

SUCH A GREAT POINT. Please tell us all why Priest Holmes, Dante Hall, Trent Green, Will Shields, Willie Roaf, and Larry Johnson aren't still playing for us! Vermeil did such a great job building that roster. Only idiots think draft picks are important... players never get too old to play... they never get injured either. The only great player he drafted was Sims... oh wait.

I'm with you... how the hell could they let those players leave??? Didn't they know these guys were suppose to keep playing for the next 30 years or more??? It really is pathetic that Edwards allowed all those great players to leave.

You're right... Edwards absolutely destroyed that roster... not Vermeil.

jason1981
10-12-2012, 12:24 PM
I hated tampa 2 defense and hate being conservative.

I dont blame herm for everything. I believe herm left the chiefs in a better situation the vermeil left him. The difference vermeil was playing to win now and herm was trying to build to win. Wish herm had lasted one more year cuz our roster would be so much better if he had. Most of our roster foundation ia from his drafts. I almost would like to go back to a 4-3 defense.

OPLookn
10-12-2012, 12:28 PM
MUCH better coach than Haley. I agree with everything you just said. I don't think he was given a fair shot with a good, young roster that he had the task to build. However, I don't think he was the coach that was going to be the guy who would lead the team to the promised land. I think his personnel moves kick the living **** outta Pioli's moves. This team is built on the Edwards picks. Imagine what this team would look like if Dorsey was allowed to play in a 4-3 and if he had a couple more years to build this team.

What a shame.

Who's the better coach, Herm or Edwards? A more important question might be who's the taller midget? They were both horrible. Herm was a great talent evaluator but just a god awful head coach. Haley was a good OC but an atrocious head coach. They both sucked.

We got spoiled with how well our D unit had gel'd over the past few years. I'll be the first to admit but Carr leaving hurt us a LOT more then I thought it would. Add in some injuries here and there and we get people complaining about a 3-4 defense. The grass is always greener.

This team is built on players getting better as they've gotten older and gained more experience. Are people so naive to say that Pioli's picks haven't been getting better? In all honesty if we did go out and use our first round draft on a QB our team as a whole would start playing better.

The reason I think this (if we pick the right QB) is that he'll command the offense and provide that leadership that's been lacking. This will instantly put the offense at ease and just let them play. Eleven guys thinking on their own will never be as good as one guy commanding and 10 guys following.

Add to this that the defense won't be thinking holy cr@p seriously?!? Another turnover, alright, back to work or simply why should I put my career on the line when they can't even score a TD in every game?!?

The problem with our coaching situations seems to be that we've hired either great talent evaluators or guys that want to keep their division while trying to run the whole army. We need a head coach that says I'm here to command, my coordinators are here to coordinate the respective sides. Get to work.

m0ef0e
10-12-2012, 01:09 PM
We could run the ball and play defense but had no passing game under Marty. We could run and pass but had no defense under Dick. We could do none of the above under Herm. For being an "offensive" coach, our defense was actually better than our non-existent offense under Todd. Romeo has actually fielded the closest thing to a "complete" team we've had since Marty. It sucks that King Carl and Fuhrer Pioli both apparently think we can "Dilfer" our way to success.

jb908
10-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Herm may have been a good president of players personnel or something. Not coaching.
Did the same thing with the Jets. Found great players, but ran the team to ****.

chief31
10-12-2012, 05:13 PM
SUCH A GREAT POINT. Please tell us all why Priest Holmes, Dante Hall, Trent Green, Will Shields, Willie Roaf, and Larry Johnson aren't still playing for us! Vermeil did such a great job building that roster. Only idiots think draft picks are important... players never get too old to play... they never get injured either. The only great player he drafted was Sims... oh wait.

I'm with you... how the hell could they let those players leave??? Didn't they know these guys were suppose to keep playing for the next 30 years or more??? It really is pathetic that Edwards allowed all those great players to leave.

You're right... Edwards absolutely destroyed that roster... not Vermeil.

Fujita, Tynes and Mitchell all left to become Super Bowl champs. there was talent, Herm just did what all HCs like to and tried to clear out players from the previous regime.

But LJ left because Herm's offense helped drag his average YPC down to ridiculous levels.

Herm tore this team the shreds. In your third season as HC, 2-14 makes you.an epic failure.

chief addict
10-12-2012, 05:19 PM
You mean the same Herm that brought in Kyle Turley to be the starting left tackle? The only positive about Herm is he has an eye for dbs.

matthewschiefs
10-12-2012, 05:41 PM
You mean the same Herm that brought in Kyle Turley to be the starting left tackle? The only positive about Herm is he has an eye for dbs.

I don't no if I can agree with this. Charles,Bowe,Hali,Albert all talent that are not dbs that we got when Herm was in KC. to Go along with Flowers,and Carr (now gone) Herm didn't draft terrible. He just didn't put the players that we got in a good position to win witch is the biggest job of a head coach.

nigeriannightmare
10-12-2012, 07:28 PM
I don't no if I can agree with this. Charles,Bowe,Hali,Albert all talent that are not dbs that we got when Herm was in KC. to Go along with Flowers,and Carr (now gone) Herm didn't draft terrible. He just didn't put the players that we got in a good position to win witch is the biggest job of a head coach.

Hali was vermeils last draft here.

nigeriannightmare
10-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Jerk Edwards may have been the best evaluator of talent worst manager of a game to have eve coached which is why he's awesome on Espn and hasn't been of interest for any coaching gig. Texaschief admit it he was a bad coach, excellent in evaluating talent.

I didn't mean to call herm-jerk edwards-stupid i phone, I was a little buzzed and didnt proof read. He is by no means a jerk but to iphone herm and jerk apparently are close enough. Herm is NOT a jerk, He did some good things for this team but a terrible hc he was.

matthewschiefs
10-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Hali was vermeils last draft here.

He was in Herm's first season here drafted in 06 for the 06-07 season Vermeil's last season was 05-06 where we took DJ

nigeriannightmare
10-12-2012, 10:29 PM
He was in Herm's first season here drafted in 06 for the 06-07 season Vermeil's last season was 05-06 where we took DJ

Had them backwards in my head. I'm sofa king.......retarded!

Eydugstr
10-13-2012, 01:23 PM

Herm was a great talent evaluator. Doesn't translate into being a great coach, though. He wasn't the worst coach ever, but he was making great strides at it towards the end.

chief31
10-13-2012, 03:51 PM
I didn't mean to call herm-jerk edwards-stupid i phone, I was a little buzzed and didnt proof read. He is by no means a jerk but to iphone herm and jerk apparently are close enough. Herm is NOT a jerk, He did some good things for this team but a terrible hc he was.
I had the same issue a while back. My HTC smart phone offered.me the word "Jerk" and "Worm" on two separate occasions.

drstandley31
10-14-2012, 12:36 PM

You should rearrange the letters in your user id to spell CRACKFAN. You're nuts. Edwards may have been better than the last 2 coaches, but that doesn't mean anything! His teams were never ready to play. I recall one comment from him when I finally realized how bad he was. We were opening (maybe 2nd game) against the bears when they were supposed to be AWESOME (tuns out they weren't). He was so in awe of them he said "if we can only find some way to stay with them until the end, maybe we can find a way to win it." That's how he approached every game. He never felt he could win, never made this team feel they could win, and therefore, mostly they didn't. He's an awful coach and you see what he's doing now for a living. I'm sick of us being stuck with Browns, Jets, and Pats rejects!

Hayvern
10-14-2012, 05:13 PM
OK, any coach that throws the challenge flag on a ball placement, loses the challenge, then has to call a timeout after throwing the flag deserves to be sitting on pine in his living room.

Herm Edwards did that. Case closed!