PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to replace RC?

GarH
10-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Obviously it will have to be a coach that is very tough on the players. They just won't play for a nice coach. They need someone riding them, to get them to play. They just don't do it on their own.

MissingTBone
10-14-2012, 04:56 PM
Not many players do unless the coachs name is Dungy. And no I don't want Dungy. Not sure who I want but yeah def someone who commands respect, and can mold our team. I honestly think as long as Pioli is here we will not get a coach like that. Haley started off like that but Pioli made him change.

#58ChiefsFan
10-14-2012, 04:56 PM
Todd Haley

Isawa_mo
10-14-2012, 05:01 PM
There are the obvious names, that will not come here anyhow. At least with Pioli in charge. That means, someone we probably will not think of. Heck, it would not surprise me if it were either, Josh McDaniels or Kirk Ferentz. Do I like either of those hires particularly well? No. I figure that is what Pioli will do, though. If it went like I wanted. Hunt did research and hired the new HC and made Pioli work with him and not over him, then I have no idea. He would obviously need an independent team in order to make that hire. Maybe hire Marty Schottenheimer as a consultant and let him head up the new HC hire. He has had experience dealing with a Power Hungry GM and could find the individual with the personality that was able to stand up in the face of that.

matthewschiefs
10-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Anyone coach with a history of WINNING in the NFL not named Herm Edwards,Todd Haley

Bike
10-14-2012, 05:05 PM
There are the obvious names, that will not come here anyhow. At least with Pioli in charge. That means, someone we probably will not think of. Heck, it would not surprise me if it were either, Josh McDaniels or Kirk Ferentz. Do I like either of those hires particularly well? No. I figure that is what Pioli will do, though. If it went like I wanted. Hunt did research and hired the new HC and made Pioli work with him and not over him, then I have no idea. He would obviously need an independent team in order to make that hire. Maybe hire Marty Schottenheimer as a consultant and let him head up the new HC hire. He has had experience dealing with a Power Hungry GM and could find the individual with the personality that was able to stand up in the face of that.
Just hire Marty as the GM. If we need a "consultant", then obviously Pioli isn't able to do the job he was hired to do.

drstandley31
10-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Great question. I truly think a lot of quality guys would love to coach this team. there's a ton of talent, we're way under the cap, and you'd come into an org where the bar is so low, that it should be easy to show accomplishments. You're going to get some great draft opportunities. What's the downside of coaching this org? Nothing. Who is that, I have no clue. I don't know the personnel on other teams very well. But there are consultants out there that do, and we need to hire them to find our next coach, OC & DC!

Lewis_Chiefs
10-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Gruden but I'm not sure if that's a realistic possibility.

chief31
10-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Let's holler at Herm.Edwards.!!!!!!! I hear, amazingly enough, that he is.available.

Sorry. Had to.do it.

matthewschiefs
10-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Let's holler at Herm.Edwards.!!!!!!! I hear, amazingly enough, that he is.available.

Sorry. Had to.do it.

I HATE YOU I REALLY HATE YOU :lol: :lol:

chief31
10-14-2012, 05:40 PM
I had two unread posts.... This one, and something in the Herm thread.

There was no stopping this reply from happening at that point.:lol:

tysticc420
10-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Get Marty back!!!

tysticc420
10-14-2012, 05:55 PM
RAC is not a good coach by any means, think about he coached the Browns and they were bottom feeders. After the game today i realized it wasnt Cassel at all. The offensive line couldnt keep pressure off of Quinn and how many runs were stopped in the backfield? Coaching its coaching! The Chiefs playbook has no pass plays that go longer than 4 yds... and the CBs wait until the opposing team catches the ball then they go make the play... THATS WHATS SICKNING!!! KC is playing like they make minimum wage.. my towns highschool has more heart than these guys. SICKNING!!!

#58ChiefsFan
10-14-2012, 08:00 PM
What about Andy Reid if he really does get fired from Philly?

rodu
10-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Someone who will just be HC, not HC and a co ordinater

Ryfo18
10-14-2012, 08:09 PM
What about Andy Reid if he really does get fired from Philly?

NO.

I read an interesting book that talked about coaches being the best at young ages. I won't try to paraphrase it here, but it was really convincing.

Game Plan: A Radical Approach to Decision Making in the National Football League: Frank DuPont: Amazon.com: Kindle Store@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/415rdN5QybL.@@AMEPARAM@@415rdN5QybL (http://www.amazon.com/Game-Plan-Approach-Decision-ebook/dp/B007SBHUHA)

chiefnut
10-14-2012, 10:28 PM
are ther any more harbaughs left out there???

reded
10-14-2012, 11:28 PM
I'd love to see a guy like Harbaugh or a Mike Smith. Smith seems to quietly go about his business every year while putting a quality product on the field.

Actually I'm a bit envious of what Atlanta has found in their GM Thomas Dimitroff and HC Mike Smith.

bradye06
10-14-2012, 11:53 PM
Bring on Cowher!!!!

AussieChiefsFan
10-15-2012, 04:04 AM
Ideally, Cowher.

OPLookn
10-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Someone who will just be HC, not HC and a co ordinater

If I could rep this a thousand times I would.

Chief Buck Rogers
10-15-2012, 11:19 AM
I've been wanting Cowher since Herm went away

Eydugstr
10-15-2012, 11:49 AM
1) Schottenheimer
2) Cowher
3) Gruden
4) Saunders

Instead of eliminating coaches, DC's or OC's to save money...

Eliminate the GM position, turn those powers over to the HC, and create a separate position for handling anything that does not pertain to the players or coaches.

OPLookn
10-15-2012, 01:56 PM
1) Schottenheimer
2) Cowher
3) Gruden
4) Saunders

Instead of eliminating coaches, DC's or OC's to save money...

Eliminate the GM position, turn those powers over to the HC, and create a separate position for handling anything that does not pertain to the players or coaches.

Because a person that wears two hats hats at a head coaching level does so well that we should bump it up a notch to GM.

I don't like that idea at all.

Lord-Chiefy
10-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Cowher gnarled and HC. Get coordinators

avguste
10-15-2012, 08:46 PM
How about Gunther? our former defensive coordinator and 1 one time head coach

#58ChiefsFan
10-15-2012, 08:56 PM

Cunningham will be 67 next season, we'd be looking again in a year or two at best with him.

rodu
10-15-2012, 08:56 PM

he sucked as a coach, sucked as a DC his second time around

jap1
10-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Apparently Bill Maas thinks Pioli will be fired during the bye week. There apparently is also talk of people wanting Marty Schottenheimer to be the new GM (GM only, not coach).

Link: At least one former Chief thinks Pioli’s days are numbered - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/15/3867837/at-least-one-former-chief-thinks.html)

Eydugstr
10-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Because a person that wears two hats hats at a head coaching level does so well that we should bump it up a notch to GM.

I don't like that idea at all.

Normally, I'd agree. I should've explained a little bit more of why I'm leaning this way. When we settled on Crennel, it was more or less by default. No big name coach seemed interested at all. There has to be a reason for that. I'm beginning to think the turnoff for them was having to deal with another GM.

So to make the HC offer more attractive, we might have to sweeten the deal by giving them more GM power.

Someone here posted an idea of bringing Marty in as GM and Brian as HC....I'd be ALL for that.

:chiefs:

nigeriannightmare
10-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Mike holmmgren as HC.......just let go as president in Cleveland.

Ryfo18
10-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Mike holmmgren as HC.......just let go as president in Cleveland.

We haven't had enough of bringing over Cleveland's table scraps to this team?

LlamaNinja
10-16-2012, 03:26 PM
I request all players/coaches from the Browns be banned from the Chiefs.

nigeriannightmare
10-16-2012, 04:18 PM

Isn't he the coach that put greenbay back on the map. I thought as a Head coach he did a good job. Bit off more than he could chew in seattle and cleveland. Kinda like Romeo is a lifelong DC.

Seek
10-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Obviously it will have to be a coach that is very tough on the players. They just won't play for a nice coach. They need someone riding them, to get them to play. They just don't do it on their own.

I don't know who I want. Neither does the Chiefs or they would have not settled with Crennel this year.

Bike
10-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Cunningham will be 67 next season, we'd be looking again in a year or two at best with him.
I believe Arrowhead has wheelchair ramps. It's doable.

Coach
10-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Someone here posted an idea of bringing Marty in as GM and Brian as HC....I'd be ALL for that.

:chiefs:

So would I. But I don't think it's time to fire Pioli. Crennel on the other hand has no business being a coach, much less a coach and DC at the same time.

Chiefster
10-20-2012, 10:50 PM
So would I. But I don't think it's time to fire Pioli. Crennel on the other hand has no business being a coach, much less a coach and DC at the same time.

I think Crennel is a solid DC and not so much as a HC, but agree that he has no business trying to do both.

Isawa_mo
10-21-2012, 03:33 PM
The question is, are you ready to have Pioli inked for another 3 years?

I mean, if he is hiring another coach, that will get at least a 3 year deal, then the obvious conclusion is he would be tied to that coach, right? Also, you have to trust that he is going to choose the future QB here too. Both of those prospects scare me greatly. Might not have a choice in the matter, but just something to think about.

AkChief49
10-22-2012, 04:01 PM
The question is, are you ready to have Pioli inked for another 3 years?

I mean, if he is hiring another coach, that will get at least a 3 year deal, then the obvious conclusion is he would be tied to that coach, right? Also, you have to trust that he is going to choose the future QB here too. Both of those prospects scare me greatly. Might not have a choice in the matter, but just something to think about.

Hurney: “I understand” why Richardson fired him | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/22/hurney-i-understand-why-richardson-fired-him/)

Well, Pioli is never safe. That would be up to Clark. The Panthers just fire their GM for not getting it done. None of these guys should ever feel safe. It's the message Romeo is relating to the team-albeit too late- by changing starters at QB.

Now, it very well might be that we can kiss any thought of ever getting Cowher back here goodbye as he lives in NC. Perhaps he's been waiting for this opportunity.

Seek
10-23-2012, 08:28 AM
Hurney: “I understand” why Richardson fired him | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/22/hurney-i-understand-why-richardson-fired-him/)

Well, Pioli is never safe. That would be up to Clark. The Panthers just fire their GM for not getting it done. None of these guys should ever feel safe. It's the message Romeo is relating to the team-albeit too late- by changing starters at QB.

Now, it very well might be that we can kiss any thought of ever getting Cowher back here goodbye as he lives in NC. Perhaps he's been waiting for this opportunity.

Again, Why do people think a HC knows how to be a GM. Cowher may understand drafting talent and how to coach them up, but does he know anything about running a franchise.

Or do you mean as HC only.

AkChief49
10-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Again, Why do people think a HC knows how to be a GM. Cowher may understand drafting talent and how to coach them up, but does he know anything about running a franchise.

Or do you mean as HC only.
HC, because Rivera is probably gone with the next regime. Cowher as HC with personnel powers would not suck.

honda522
10-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Gruden or Cohwer. They are rough and tough. We don't need a softy no more..we also dont need an ***..