PDA

View Full Version : Touchdown, First Down, Check Down

#58ChiefsFan
10-14-2012, 05:50 PM
What happened to this philosophy the Daboll sold us when he came to town? We have the same garbage playcalling as when Muir was here. Is it that our receivers simply cannot get open since the first half of the Falcons game or has Romeos conservative approach been allowed to influence the OC?

chief31
10-14-2012, 05:55 PM
What happened to this philosophy the Daboll sold us when he came to town? We have the same garbage playcalling as when Muir was here. Is it that our receivers simply cannot get open since the first half of the Falcons game or has Romeos conservative approach been allowed to influence the OC?

My guess is the latter.

When you a having as many turnover.as we have in the passing game , (whoever you.blame) somebody is going to demand.that you become conservative.

drstandley31
10-14-2012, 05:56 PM
Why is he here in the first place? Al Saunders interviewed for that job, and he was proven. Daboll proved he was as bad and Romeo in Cleveland, and they're both here now. It's nuts!

#58ChiefsFan
10-14-2012, 06:09 PM
If that is the case it seems like there is way too much micromanagement from the top down. It makes it tough for me to blame the OC if the HC is not allowing him to call his own game. Might as well bring Haley back at least he got mad when we lost instead of what we get from RAC.

drstandley31
10-14-2012, 06:11 PM
If that is the case it seems like there is way too much micromanagement from the top down. It makes it tough for me to blame the OC if the HC is not allowing him to call his own game. Might as well bring Haley back at least he got mad when we lost instead of what we get from RAC.
I so agree. I can't stand to watch his after the game press conference. It's like he just lost a game of Madden. The guy has no freak'n emotion or passion what so ever!

chief31
10-14-2012, 06:14 PM

The only thing that will change it is winning the turnover battles, I think.

If we are giving away the football so much, while passing so in frequently, there is usurp.no way you can opt for more passing plays, and for more risky, upfield plays.

#58ChiefsFan
10-14-2012, 06:34 PM
The only thing that will change it is winning the turnover battles, I think.

If we are giving away the football so much, while passing so in frequently, there is usurp.no way you can opt for more passing plays, and for more risky, upfield plays.

It all interweaves and the way they are treating this they have no way out though. We don't take more than a handful of shots deep, there is no reason for the D to play us that way and the medium routes are clogged up way too much. Some people will blame Cassel for that but I don't think his arm strength is the reason, he can fling it decent given the chance.

It looks like they are causing a lot of their own misery to me. Quinn's INTs were kinda flukey as have been a good amount of Matt's but there is going to be growing pains with becoming the attacking offense we were sold. I'd live with the INTs as long as the TD number is going up, in time you will see those stats flip one another if you give these guys time to learn how to do that.

AussieChiefsFan
10-15-2012, 04:09 AM
His playcalling is bland and one dimensional. Damn.

Eydugstr
10-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Why is he here in the first place? Al Saunders interviewed for that job, and he was proven. Daboll proved he was as bad and Romeo in Cleveland, and they're both here now. It's nuts!

Yet another good question. Saunders would've put this talent to use. He would've turned Hillis into a monster fullback, turned McCluster back into a kick returner, and Breaston would be back to catching passes in the middle.

AkChief49
10-17-2012, 02:36 PM

Is this true? Saunders put in for this job and they took Daboll??????? I had thought Al was a bit mad at this franchise when they passed him over for Herm. I dare say that Al has a much more extensive, productive, just freaking better play book than Daboll!!!! You're right- It's insane.

Yet another good question. Saunders would've put this talent to use. He would've turned Hillis into a monster fullback, turned McCluster back into a kick returner, and Breaston would be back to catching passes in the middle.

Not to mention what he could do with Charles!! Charles is not as stout as Priest was but could you imagine Al with this talent???

nigeriannightmare
10-17-2012, 03:58 PM
I think Hue Jackson would have also done well here he's had success pretty much everywhere hes went in terms of his offense being at the top of the league.

With the way Reggie bush and Miami came on so strong at the end of last year, I think they went 7 and 2 their final nine games, and we had better skill position players than the dolphins I really thought this offense was gonna be unstoppable.