PDA

View Full Version : KC Star says no extension

drstandley31
10-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Star just reported that CBS was wrong, and there is no extension offer. Source: No contract extension for Chiefs’ Pioli - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/14/3866845/source-no-contract-extension-pioli.html)

I still want to have faith in Hunt. He understands business. I don't believe he's just in it to make more money and screw the chiefs and their fans. He made a bad decision, which at the time would have been hard to see, since SP looked like a great personnel guy. I think he'll make some good decisions after this mess.

#58ChiefsFan
10-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Lets think about this Clark Hunt just scraping by to pocket the money. There is not one entrepreneur that will tell you a winning football team will not make more money than a loosing one. It's basic business sense that more profit comes with more customers. Clark wants that stadium to have a season ticket holder waiting list.

I agree Pioli was a good choice by Hunt at the time and still could be. I don't agree with firing Scott at this point but I believe the owner needs to show some influence in the direction this mess of a team is going to head.

Sick Dog
10-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Best news all day....really all year about the Chiefs

brdempsey69
10-14-2012, 09:44 PM
Great news !! Pioli isn't the guy to be the GM in KC. He tried, he failed -- time to move on.

Miller
10-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Great news !! Pioli isn't the guy to be the GM in KC. He tried, he failed -- time to move on.
Agreed. He has hired two coaches, both have failed. It is either them or him, either way he needs to be gone.

marloweopatchiefs
10-16-2012, 09:15 AM
I figured this was the true story. Not the other one posting pioli had gotten an extension.

kcvet
10-16-2012, 10:36 AM
former Chief Bill Maas, now commentator, claims Pioli gone this week.

interview link (http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=6080171)

Seek
10-16-2012, 12:26 PM

interview link (http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=6080171)

I would not take anything Bill Maas says as credible. He is not a credible reporter and to my knowledge has only used rumors which he generally starts from either opinions of other people who are not a credible source or from his own personal opinion.

I don't see any logical reason to can Pioli this week, unless the next replacement is sitting their unemployeed right now.

Hayvern
10-16-2012, 12:54 PM

he makes some good points, but I don't think it is going to happen. If Clark lets Pioli go, he has to have someone in the organization, or someone in the wings to come in and continue to run the team. Hunt is not going to do it. I could see that person being Marty, but I think that is a long shot.

LargoChief
10-16-2012, 12:58 PM
This may be a bad question but wasn't Marty let go due to infidelities that his wife called him on?? I would think getting him back as GM may not be easy...I hope Clark is looking for a replacement for a few people. My buddy is a Dolphins fan and laughed when I mentioned Dabol at the beginning of the year.

kcvet
10-16-2012, 01:45 PM
I would not take anything Bill Maas says as credible. He is not a credible reporter and to my knowledge has only used rumors which he generally starts from either opinions of other people who are not a credible source or from his own personal opinion.

I don't see any logical reason to can Pioli this week, unless the next replacement is sitting their unemployeed right now.

I never said he or any commentator was. its his opinion. which are like aholes. still he brought up some good info about past teams he played on and compared them to the present

kcvet
10-16-2012, 01:47 PM
he makes some good points, but I don't think it is going to happen. If Clark lets Pioli go, he has to have someone in the organization, or someone in the wings to come in and continue to run the team. Hunt is not going to do it. I could see that person being Marty, but I think that is a long shot.

well you know how this outfit keeps everything classified and out of the media. till their ready

reded
10-16-2012, 03:36 PM
Tom Brady, Bill Belichick are so good that ex-Patriots were wrongly declared geniuses. - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-tom-brady-so-good-former-patriots-scott-pioli-romeo-crennel-josh-mcdaniels-charlie-weis-wrongly-declared-geniuses-101612)

LlamaNinja
10-16-2012, 04:07 PM
This may be a bad question but wasn't Marty let go due to infidelities that his wife called him on?? I would think getting him back as GM may not be easy...I hope Clark is looking for a replacement for a few people. My buddy is a Dolphins fan and laughed when I mentioned Dabol at the beginning of the year.
Funny story about that I told a Dolphins we got the guy from them he thought I meant Sopranno(the HC cant remember his name) he was talking about how good he was and it was a great pickup. Then I said no I meant the OC Daboll, he just started laughing and say you guys are screwed. He was let go from Browns and Dolphins (both had terrible seasons) still clueless why we got him.

brdempsey69
10-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Funny story about that I told a Dolphins we got the guy from them he thought I meant Sopranno(the HC cant remember his name) he was talking about how good he was and it was a great pickup. Then I said no I meant the OC Daboll, he just started laughing and say you guys are screwed. He was let go from Browns and Dolphins (both had terrible seasons) still clueless why we got him.

I will never understand how Daboll was selected over Al Saunders when Saunders had a good track record as an assistant coach with the Chiefs, both under Marty and Dick Vermeil.

That just shows everybody the ineptitude of the current Chiefs brass.

Seek
10-16-2012, 04:38 PM

Because his offense was always oustanding in the running game. Now I realize it is because that is all they do. 3rd and Fifteen... Lets run with Draughn..... They won't expect it. Look a six yard run... YES.. Pad those stats... Who cares if we are down by 17. Six yards an any run is good. If you get six yards every time you run that is a first down guaranteed in 3 plays.. you know...

LlamaNinja
10-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Because his offense was always oustanding in the running game. Now I realize it is because that is all they do. 3rd and Fifteen... Lets run with Draughn..... They won't expect it. Look a six yard run... YES.. Pad those stats... Who cares if we are down by 17. Six yards an any run is good. If you get six yards every time you run that is a first down guaranteed in 3 plays.. you know...
The red flag should have been the preseason game where we ran the ball 8 times in a row.

Seek
10-16-2012, 04:50 PM
The red flag should have been the preseason game where we ran the ball 8 times in a row.

I actually liked that then... It was showing that we could run if we wanted to and set up the pass. I didn't think We were running to set up the run.

LlamaNinja
10-16-2012, 05:06 PM
I actually liked that then... It was showing that we could run if we wanted to and set up the pass. I didn't think We were running to set up the run.
I just remember that final run on 3rd and long which is now EXTREMELY common as your mentioned. Running the ball is fine as long as you are scoring from it but when yo leave with 3 or less it isnt working out too well.
Random question when was the last time our offense scored a TD?

Seek
10-16-2012, 05:10 PM
I just remember that final run on 3rd and long which is now EXTREMELY common as your mentioned. Running the ball is fine as long as you are scoring from it but when yo leave with 3 or less it isnt working out too well.
Random question when was the last time our offense scored a TD?

San Diego. Cassel to Bowe Long pass in 4th qtr.

Lord-Chiefy
10-16-2012, 06:08 PM
As long as pioli is here we will never get a great coach or players.

jason1981
10-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Its hard to get my son to watch more than a quarter of a game but how the chiefs suck this year its been very easy for.me to change the channel and dont have to listen to my son beg for me to change the.channel.

Seek
10-17-2012, 09:06 AM
As long as pioli is here we will never get a great coach or players.

I don't know. Now that he is facing adversity and feeling the heat. He may be humbled a little to change things around cause what he has done so far isn't working.