PDA

View Full Version : Profootballtalk.com on Pioli's extension, the truth...

Connie Jo
10-16-2012, 08:37 PM
I rarely believe any thing sports media reports on a National or local level, as most report based upon hearsay, speculation, & lack of credible sources. Their "source close to the situation" is crapola most times.

Profootballtalk.com I do however, consider to be the most reliable these days for accuracy & honesty in reporting. Below is a link to their opinion on the current rumors related to Pioli's extension.

I would like to point out a comment within their article related to Pioli's extension. PFT know's who those people are & so do I. Those people who "dislike Pioli", since he came to KC, because he didn't kiss their butts like former GM Peterson. They have done their best to crucify Pioli among a fan base that typically buys any thing media says or reports as gospel. Even though much of whats been reported has been false based upon ONLY hearsay, gossip, unreliable, & non credible sources. Clark Hunt made it perfectly clear to the KC Star, which they ran a story misleading fans yet again, even after Clark made it clear.."we don't discuss our contracts with the public"...including media.

Profootballtalk.com - "There’s also a chance that folks who don’t like Pioli are pushing embellished, exaggerated, and/or fabricated facts in order to foment further fan discontent regarding Hunt and Pioli, fanning the flames so that Hunt will feel like he has no choice but to move on. Either way, someone is dead wrong on this one."

^^^ TRUTH!!

King confirms report that Pioli was not offered extension | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/14/king-confirms-report-that-pioli-was-not-offered-extension/)

LlamaNinja
10-16-2012, 08:47 PM
(insert huge sigh of relief)

Ryfo18
10-16-2012, 08:56 PM
I have no problem keeping Pioli. I feel like he's brought in some great talent to make this team better. Just please, find our savior at QB, Scott.

nigeriannightmare
10-17-2012, 12:37 AM
I have no problem keeping Pioli. I feel like he's brought in some great talent to make this team better. Just please, find our savior at QB, Scott.

Letting coaches pull dbl duty is kinda dumb too.

Ryfo18
10-17-2012, 12:46 AM
Letting coaches pull dbl duty is kinda dumb too.

Some coaches do a good job with it. I thought Romeo did a great job managing at the end of last year. It has not translated at all though to this year. :crucified:

nigeriannightmare
10-17-2012, 08:20 AM
Some coaches do a good job with it. I thought Romeo did a great job managing at the end of last year. It has not translated at all though to this year. :crucified:

What is that attributed to. He did an awesome job againstd an unstoppable offense at the time.

Seek
10-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Are you saying Jason Whitlock created the rumor about the extension becuase Pioli and Clark basically told him to get lost. I don't believe it... Oh wait it was Twitlock who came out of the blue to call in the local radio shows to comment on this and then did right an article about it which started the smoke...

Bike
10-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Pioli is a failure. The bye week would had been a good time to get this clown outta here.

SBV_Eagle_Bull
10-17-2012, 12:41 PM
The only real problem I see is the QB issue. Cassel got his shot, Quinn could use a few more starts (maybe 3 more games). Give stanzi a go, bring in Alex "trick shot" Tanney. Anything to mix is up. Our team is in need of a QB. The draft aint till next season. See what our QBs got, use them all.

This team is a soild group of players. If you look at what happen in the following 6 games. TURNOVERS killed us. Deflected balls that were intercepted played a hugh roll in the turnover ratio. Fix that issue alone and we got a great football team. Never give up CHIEFS fans we still got a shot at winning the division. Its a very slim margin, but we can still win. GO CHIEFS

#58ChiefsFan
10-17-2012, 01:21 PM
The only real problem I see is the QB issue. Cassel got his shot, Quinn could use a few more starts (maybe 3 more games). Give stanzi a go, bring in Alex "trick shot" Tanney. Anything to mix is up. Our team is in need of a QB. The draft aint till next season. See what our QBs got, use them all.

This team is a soild group of players. If you look at what happen in the following 6 games. TURNOVERS killed us. Deflected balls that were intercepted played a hugh roll in the turnover ratio. Fix that issue alone and we got a great football team. Never give up CHIEFS fans we still got a shot at winning the division. Its a very slim margin, but we can still win. GO CHIEFS

On that note I am starting to think we need to part ways with Nick Sirianni as our receivers coach. Everyone wants to call out the QBs but those plays are still around 50/50 with the WR being responsible too. I hear smatterings against the receivers but their play has deserved much more scrutiny.

Ryfo18
10-17-2012, 01:44 PM

Great post.

chiefnut
10-17-2012, 03:40 PM
i agree about the qb situation, now IS the time to play around w/different guys to see if any can put a spark of life into the offense...as much as i like the thought of pioli getting the boot, who replaces him in mid season.. more likely this is his last year and we replace him after the season.

Eydugstr
10-17-2012, 03:55 PM
It's unlikely anything would happen with Pioli mid season. Bad coach, yep, they'll get yanked mid-season...Not a GM.

LlamaNinja
10-17-2012, 04:35 PM
It's unlikely anything would happen with Pioli mid season. Bad coach, yep, they'll get yanked mid-season...Not a GM.
Yeah I want him to go at the end of the season AND not the end. He needs to go but we need a replacement when the time comes.

LargoChief
10-17-2012, 05:14 PM
I would love to see Quinn, Stanzi and Tanney get a shot! What do we have to lose, another game? LOL!! I think its crazy to at least give them a shot!! Tanney may not have been div 1 but he seriously kicked some butt!!

Bike
10-18-2012, 02:08 AM
On that note I am starting to think we need to part ways with Nick Sirianni as our receivers coach. Everyone wants to call out the QBs but those plays are still around 50/50 with the WR being responsible too. I hear smatterings against the receivers but their play has deserved much more scrutiny.
Sirianni is a joke. Pioli must of got him on the cheap.

AussieChiefsFan
10-18-2012, 02:25 AM
If Pioli isn't already fired by seasons end, he MUST do a number of things this upcoming offseason IMO. Sign some legit coaches, retain key players AND draft a 1st round calibre QB.

Bike
10-18-2012, 12:43 PM
If Pioli isn't already fired by seasons end, he MUST do a number of things this upcoming offseason IMO. Sign some legit coaches, retain key players AND draft a 1st round calibre QB.
The same things he was suppose to do 4 years ago....
Pioli: "Man, is my face red. Know what I mean?"

Three7s
10-18-2012, 02:38 PM
I don't care about Pioli as a person. The only reason he's being slandered is simple.

HE'S A TERRIBLE FREAKING GM WHO REFUSES TO ADMIT MISTAKES!

You want to keep your job here, Pioli? Get rid of Matt Cassel, dump your entire trash-filled DL, draft Geno Smith with the 1st picks, sign Bowe long-term, and try not to completely ignore obvious holes on the team. It's okay though, Scott, someone else will have to fix your mess.

SIC J
10-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Great ideas, fire EVERYONE! And who exactly is going to replace all these people the Chiefs should fire? And I mean REALISTIC scenarios.

Hayvern
10-18-2012, 03:59 PM
i agree about the qb situation, now IS the time to play around w/different guys to see if any can put a spark of life into the offense...as much as i like the thought of pioli getting the boot, who replaces him in mid season.. more likely this is his last year and we replace him after the season.

Honestly guys, I think we are two more losses away from saying the season is blown. Right now no one in the AFC is running away with it. This team could come around and still make the playoffs with our record. Heck, in this league and considering we have only played one divisional rival, 9 and 7 could make the playoffs.

Maybe I have been watching too many feel good sports movies.

SIC J
10-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Honestly guys, I think we are two more losses away from saying the season is blown. Right now no one in the AFC is running away with it. This team could come around and still make the playoffs with our record. Heck, in this league and considering we have only played one divisional rival, 9 and 7 could make the playoffs.

At the end of last years season, I predicted 8-8 or 7-9 winning the division. LOL

Three7s
10-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Great ideas, fire EVERYONE! And who exactly is going to replace all these people the Chiefs should fire? And I mean REALISTIC scenarios.
That's Clark's job to figure out. One thing that is obvious in the NFL business is no one cares about who you are, how nice you are, or how you're being treated in the public. All that matters is winning.

Is Scott Pioli winning? No....

SIC J
10-18-2012, 04:20 PM
That's Clark's job to figure out. One thing that is obvious in the NFL business is no one cares about who you are, how nice you are, or how you're being treated in the public. All that matters is winning.

No, in the NFL "business", all that matters is making money. If they are a losing team but still make money then they will not care so much about winning. It's the sad truth. Money runs EVERYTHING!

Lord-Chiefy
10-19-2012, 09:55 AM
Crennel can't do double duty. 3 reasons we beat grenbay. They looked past us. Crennel already game planned for it (not HC) players were happy Haley was gone..(that wore off quickly)

Seek
10-19-2012, 03:33 PM

Alex Tanney is on IR. We are better of trying to pick up someone off the heap than play Stanzi.

chief31
10-19-2012, 03:42 PM

Sadly, most of the folks around here gave up after two games. Some after the preseason.

But I too would really like to see us get our s*** together and start winning ball games.

1-5, and as ugly as they have been is discouraging. BUt it is not over yet, and there is talent here that can beat the wholy horses*** out of a lot of teams.

I am not throwing in the towel yet.

Three7s
10-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Sadly, most of the folks around here gave up after two games. Some after the preseason.

But I too would really like to see us get our s*** together and start winning ball games.

1-5, and as ugly as they have been is discouraging. BUt it is not over yet, and there is talent here that can beat the wholy horses*** out of a lot of teams.

Since when did you become a homer? :lol:

MissingTBone
10-20-2012, 08:01 AM

We COULD turn things around, but..... Our offensive game plans don't put us in that situation. Shut down the running game and it's over. Our coaches are horrible at gameeplanning, play calling, and adhustments. It seems Phillys D coordinator got canned cuz Vick turned the ball over too much. We need to get rid of Dabol if we plan on winning many games.

chiefnut
10-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Alex Tanney is on IR. We are better of trying to pick up someone off the heap than play Stanzi.

i suspect Tanney's injury is a little exagerated just so we don't lose him

chief31
10-20-2012, 05:01 PM

:lol:

I know, right?

I'm not really.

I just know that we have the talent to be a top team. The problems I see seem to be a coaching issue. And I think it CAN be fixed, but not so sure it will be, and losing hope with each bad game.

tornadospotter
10-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Honestly guys, I think we are two more losses away from saying the season is blown. Right now no one in the AFC is running away with it. This team could come around and still make the playoffs with our record. Heck, in this league and considering we have only played one divisional rival, 9 and 7 could make the playoffs
No towel throwing in from me!

Yep!

No, in the NFL "business", all that matters is making money. If they are a losing team but still make money then they will not care so much about winning. It's the sad truth. Money runs EVERYTHING!
And again Yep.

I have not, yet either.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Truth comes out! He is a HOMER!

Connie Jo
10-20-2012, 10:45 PM
I don't care about Pioli as a person. The only reason he's being slandered is simple.

HE'S A TERRIBLE FREAKING GM WHO REFUSES TO ADMIT MISTAKES!

You want to keep your job here, Pioli? Get rid of Matt Cassel, dump your entire trash-filled DL, draft Geno Smith with the 1st picks, sign Bowe long-term, and try not to completely ignore obvious holes on the team. It's okay though, Scott, someone else will have to fix your mess.

It was confirmed late last summer, that Bowe WAS offered a lucrative contract. He & his agent wouldn't sign it, which is why Pioli used the tag. It is no big secret that Bowe's heart is where his home is...Miami. It's his hometown, where his family & closest friends are. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the rumors circulating for the past 1 1/2 years are true...that Bowe wants traded to a team closer to his home. He spent the entire off season in Miami, as well, was in Miami during camp when he held out.

As the saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

Just like Carr. Pioli offered him a lucrative contract too. Carr stated that publicly many times. He said it wasn't about the money, it was about following his heart & making a childhood dream come true. He's been a diehard Cowboy fan since he was a kid, always dreamed of playing for his favorite team. He had an opportunity to make that dream a reality, so he did.

How in the hell can fans expect Pioli to compete with a guys childhood dream becoming a reality when that dream is based in Dallas as a Cowboy?

Isawa_mo
10-21-2012, 03:19 PM
It was confirmed late last summer, that Bowe WAS offered a lucrative contract. He & his agent wouldn't sign it, which is why Pioli used the tag. It is no big secret that Bowe's heart is where his home is...Miami. It's his hometown, where his family & closest friends are. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the rumors circulating for the past 1 1/2 years are true...that Bowe wants traded to a team closer to his home. He spent the entire off season in Miami, as well, was in Miami during camp when he held out.

As the saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

Just like Carr. Pioli offered him a lucrative contract too. Carr stated that publicly many times. He said it wasn't about the money, it was about following his heart & making a childhood dream come true. He's been a diehard Cowboy fan since he was a kid, always dreamed of playing for his favorite team. He had an opportunity to make that dream a reality, so he did.

How in the hell can fans expect Pioli to compete with a guys childhood dream becoming a reality when that dream is based in Dallas as a Cowboy?

Then he should have had a better backup plan in place. I am sorry, but defending Pioli on his current record is kind of silly. Can he maybe turn it around and start making better decisions. One can hope, but his current record as Kansas City's GM is horrible. There is no denying it. Four years in and the team we are seeing on the field. Come on. I am a fan, but I am also realistic.

As far as Carr, hmm. I think maybe the 50M had more to do with it than that childhood dream. I am not saying the Chiefs should have offered that or more, but if they had, he is a Chief, not a Cowboy.

Seek
10-22-2012, 09:26 AM
i suspect Tanney's injury is a little exagerated just so we don't lose him

I hope that is the case, but wouldn't he be better served on the practice squad. I think he is not allowed to Practice on IR.