PDA

View Full Version : Report: Dolphins a Potential Trade Partner for Bowe?

Ryfo18
10-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Just saw this rumor that the Chiefs may be shopping Bowe to the Dolphins:

https://twitter.com/CourtneyNBC6/status/258670449175699456

Who knows how true it is. I really don't want to get rid of Bowe though.

iratefan
10-17-2012, 05:20 PM
under a matt cassel offense this is a big mistake.

im split on how i feel about him as a wide receiver in general.

perhaps if we had a coaching staff that actually coached and challenged our players, someone could give him guidance and mentorship again and hold him accountable he can continue to develop into a serious weapon for any offense.

On the other hand, i do feel that many of bowe's amazing seasonal stats comes from the fact that cassel really has no other confidence in passing to. so im not sure if hes quite as good as he thinks he is or as much as the stats say.

Ryfo18
10-17-2012, 05:21 PM
Nevermind, just saw this. Sounds like a misunderstanding:

"Just to clarify something: I'm NOT reporting the KC and Miami are talki g trade over Bowe. Not yet, at least. Misunderstanding by someone"

Source: https://twitter.com/JasonColeYahoo/status/258676933838135298

LlamaNinja
10-17-2012, 05:27 PM
under a matt cassel offense this is a big mistake.

im split on how i feel about him as a wide receiver in general.

perhaps if we had a coaching staff that actually coached and challenged our players, someone could give him guidance and mentorship again and hold him accountable he can continue to develop into a serious weapon for any offense.

On the other hand, i do feel that many of bowe's amazing seasonal stats comes from the fact that cassel really has no other confidence in passing to. so im not sure if hes quite as good as he thinks he is or as much as the stats say.
We are rebuilding this year and will continue into next year, he is getting older. RB and WR have 10 years or so for a career then they are pretty much done. Right now he has high value if he goes to Miami and wins for them he will get a big contract. If he plays here he wont have that many yards or TD and will have a hard time negotiating. I like this as long as we get a 1st rounder or 2nd rounders. The article makes it seem like Miami wants him not that we want to give him away. It might be this years Carson Palmer trade:lol:

LlamaNinja
10-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Nevermind, just saw this. Sounds like a misunderstanding:

"Just to clarify something: I'm NOT reporting the KC and Miami are talki g trade over Bowe. Not yet, at least. Misunderstanding by someone"

Source: https://twitter.com/JasonColeYahoo/status/258676933838135298
That was quick

ctchiefsfan
10-17-2012, 06:15 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with this if the compensation was right.

matthewschiefs
10-17-2012, 06:44 PM
I would be open to it. Bowe is a great talent put he just has games like last week where you find yourself wondering if he's on the field. If we can get anther high draft pick I would be open to it.

jap1
10-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Ive been advocating for this since the preseason, and that was when I thought we were going to be a good team. Now that it looks like we are going to have a hard time competing for the division, let alone playoffs, Im all for getting more picks in the draft. Not that I dislike Bowe, but I dont think he is going to sign to be here long term, so get what you can out of him.

Miami and St. Louis were who I was thinking would be interested (not sure if I ever posted that, but take my word for it ;) ).

If we could get a 1st for him I would jump on that deal. I would take a 2nd given the fact that he basically has only 10 games left on the current contract and then he could hit free agency. I could see Miami pushing for this. They are tied for first in the AFC East with Buffalo and the Jets looking horrible. They may feel that their offense is missing a WR (which it is) and Bowe would put them in strong contention with New England.

It would be nice to have 2 1sts or 2 2nds next year.

jap1
10-17-2012, 08:55 PM
According to profootballtalk, Bowe "badly wants out of KC." I say let him go. Apparently he is from Miami.

Here is a thought, what players (not just Miami, but other teams who need a WR) would you be willing to swap instead of draft picks?

matthewschiefs
10-17-2012, 09:21 PM
According to profootballtalk, Bowe "badly wants out of KC." I say let him go. Apparently he is from Miami.

Here is a thought, what players (not just Miami, but other teams who need a WR) would you be willing to swap instead of draft picks?

I agree. Guy sits out all camp wanting top dollar then gets out preformed by Dexter Mccluster twice in 6 games. Goes against a Tampa d that gives up over 300 yards a game passing and puts up a whopping 21 yards and gets out prefromed by the backup te. He's a great talent but just doesn't bring it every week I would rather have a slightly less talent that is going to bring it every week myself.

Ryfo18
10-17-2012, 11:42 PM
I agree. Guy sits out all camp wanting top dollar then gets out preformed by Dexter Mccluster twice in 6 games. Goes against a Tampa d that gives up over 300 yards a game passing and puts up a whopping 21 yards and gets out prefromed by the backup te. He's a great talent but just doesn't bring it every week I would rather have a slightly less talent that is going to bring it every week myself.

He was outperformed by McCluster and our backup TE b/c Brady Quinn can't throw the ball to the outside of the field. Go back and watch the tape (I did). McCluster and Maneri frequently ran routes in the middle of the field, hence why they had better days than Bowe/Baldwin.

It's unfortunately not as simple as saying "OH THIS PLAYER DID WORSE THAN OUR BACKUP TE THEREFORE HE SUCKS." Pay attention to the offense, the plays they are calling, who Quinn's first read is (McCluster/Maneri in the middle of the field on several plays), and you'll get a better idea of why things played out the way they did and why certain players produced better than others (HINT: a lot of it had to do with who was under center).

And just to provide further backup of my assessment of the game film, ProFootballFocus had Quinn as the 3rd lowest rated quarterback last week (ahead of Fitzpatrick and Alex Smith).

matthewschiefs
10-18-2012, 12:38 AM
He was outperformed by McCluster and our backup TE b/c Brady Quinn can't throw the ball to the outside of the field. Go back and watch the tape (I did). McCluster and Maneri frequently ran routes in the middle of the field, hence why they had better days than Bowe/Baldwin.

It's unfortunately not as simple as saying "OH THIS PLAYER DID WORSE THAN OUR BACKUP TE THEREFORE HE SUCKS." Pay attention to the offense, the plays they are calling, who Quinn's first read is (McCluster/Maneri in the middle of the field on several plays), and you'll get a better idea of why things played out the way they did and why certain players produced better than others (HINT: a lot of it had to do with who was under center).

And just to provide further backup of my assessment of the game film, ProFootballFocus had Quinn as the 3rd lowest rated quarterback last week (ahead of Fitzpatrick and Alex Smith).

So then tell me why throws that were not perfect Tampa's Wrs MADE PLAYS. Mike Williams Outplayed Bowe Plain and simple. There throws were not perfect they still MADE PLAYS. 3 guys from Tampa doubled the production for our #1 WR you blame the qb I blame the guy who didn't show up for that.

Quinn might have been the 3rd lowest rated qb but it's hard to look great when your star WR puts up a grand total of 21 yards. That's what happened. Was Quinn a part of what happened why the offense struggled YES HE WAS just like Cassel has been. But That's no excuse for Bowe to come out and lay an egg like he did Sunday. I have no problem admiting that the QB play is a part of the problem you can't seem to admit that poor play from others hurt just as much at times. We have seen multiple QBs have the same issue. You can say it's because the qbs suck fine. But I for one won't discount the fact that the talent around them for the most part also hasn't lived up to there end of the deal. I won't discount the fact that maybe the talent around those QBs was just as big of a problem as the Qbs were at times . Sunday's game was case in point Josh Freeman wasn't throwing perfect balls either there guys made plays our didn't It's that simple. There's no excuse for Bowe to lay an egg. He did that on Sunday.

As for Quinn I would like to see him get anther go. He didn't look god awful and some of his problems might have been the rust factor. I don't think we can judge that he sucks based on 1 game in 3 years. I hope he gets anther start and looks MUCH better.

2010chiefs
10-18-2012, 01:02 AM
I personally don't think Bowes has had enough chances to make plays. The play calling and QB have a big part in his production.
The first three games Bowe was targeted 15, 16, and 12 times. He averaged about 100 yards those games.
The last two games he was targeted 8 and 9 times averaging about 40 yards.
Any elite WR would not succeed on this team. (Not saying Bowe is elite).
Let him move on like Tony G. did and let's get some draft picks. I agree.
That's how bad this team is right now.

matthewschiefs
10-18-2012, 01:45 AM
I personally don't think Bowes has had enough chances to make plays. The play calling and QB have a big part in his production.
The first three games Bowe was targeted 15, 16, and 12 times. He averaged about 100 yards those games.
The last two games he was targeted 8 and 9 times averaging about 40 yards.
Any elite WR would not succeed on this team. (Not saying Bowe is elite).
Let him move on like Tony G. did and let's get some draft picks. I agree.
That's how bad this team is right now.

While I do think Bowe is a part it I 100% agree with this.

The QB play hasn't been great that's hurt Bowe just like Bowe has hurt them at times. It goes both ways there.

The playcalling has been piss poor at best. We are so predictable at times my wife can tell you what we are going to do. And she knows nothing about football. That's been a good part of it. Sunday's game was a clear example of that. Brady might have just as well walked over to the Bucs defensive huddle and say hey guys this is the play we are going to run. Right now I think the playcalling and the gameplans are the biggest problem with the offense.

AkChief49
10-18-2012, 06:43 AM
While I do think Bowe is a part it I 100% agree with this.

The QB play hasn't been great that's hurt Bowe just like Bowe has hurt them at times. It goes both ways there.

The playcalling has been piss poor at best. We are so predictable at times my wife can tell you what we are going to do. And she knows nothing about football. That's been a good part of it. Sunday's game was a clear example of that. Brady might have just as well walked over to the Bucs defensive huddle and say hey guys this is the play we are going to run. Right now I think the playcalling and the lack of gameplans and any adjustments are the biggest problem with the offense.
I added a bit to it:D

Sick Dog
10-18-2012, 10:37 AM
Well the Chiefs can't keep franchising this guy especially when we will need the franchise tag when Cassel's contract is up....:mooning:

Lord-Chiefy
10-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Man I hate rumors!!!!@@@@@

garciakcfan
10-19-2012, 12:43 AM
I can't believe you people want our 2nd best offensive player traded!!!! Yeah its ok that we suck and will only get worse! Pfft, sad, sorry people!!

jap1
10-19-2012, 06:48 AM
I can't believe you people want our 2nd best offensive player traded!!!! Yeah its ok that we suck and will only get worse! Pfft, sad, sorry people!!

In my defense, here is how I see it.
1) I truly have believed for a season or two that he is going to be gone at the end of the season.

2) If he leaves, we are left with nothing but the compensatory pick.

3) the way our passing/offense has looked thus far, we are not able to utilize him to the best of his abilities. He has much more potential than we seem to be able to get out of him.

4) If we make some sort of trade, it will put the Chiefs in a better position to be more competitive in the future. Everyone wants us to draft a QB. If we want the good ones, we are going to want to be in the top 5, and if last years trend continues, it is going to be very expensive to do so.

Honestly, I like Bowe a lot. I don't want to trade him because he isn't good enough. And I don't want to trade him because I think the season is shot. I hate the suck for luck mentality or idea. I think Baldwin is basically the same type of receiver as Bowe if he was given a chance (i.e. a QB that can consistently get him the ball). Therefore I don't see a huge drop off for losing him. I want to trade him because it puts the Chiefs in a better position for the future.

My mentality comes down to if we are going to lose him at the end of the year, might as well get something for him. I was advocating a trade since we franchised him (and I believed we would have a good season this year). If we could work a deal that got us at least a 2nd round pick, I would be very happy with our position both this year and going into next.

That having been said, I doubt anyone would give up a 2nd for him unless it is a conditional pick like I laid out in an earlier post.

Sick Dog
10-19-2012, 09:51 AM

If it is true that he does not want to be a Chief see ya the hell later!

ctchiefsfan
10-19-2012, 10:30 AM

As others have said, I don't think anyone wants him gone, but they are simply dealing with the FACT that he will be gone after either this season or next. If we are going to lose him to free agency anyway, then a lot of us feel it better to lose him for the rest of this messed-up season and at least get some sort of compensation for him.

OPLookn
10-19-2012, 10:33 AM

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you. As jap pointed out below the odds are more in the favor of Bowe leaving town after this season unless we tag him again. I have a question and some stats for you.

Did you really believe the "I want to be here." talk from Bowe at the beginning of the season? If so don't you think it's strange that 6 games in to the situation that he knew he was in (tagged and would be here no matter what) that now he can't stand the place and wants out?

Now I've got some stats for you. Bowe is our obvious #1 WR. But he's got 34 receptions on 66 targets. If I'm reading that right he's only caught the ball just over half the time. Granted I'll give it to you that the ball was probably over thrown, under thrown or just horribly placed but the bottom line is he hasn't caught the ball 32 times!

Baldwin has been targeted 23 times and and caught the ball 13. I'd say those are basically the same percentages. Bowe has 427 yards on 34 catches, Baldwin has 193 on 13. Almost three times as many catches but just over twice the yards. Not to mention that Bowe disappears in games.

Now don't get me wrong. I like Bowe, I think when he's on and concentrating he's one of the most dangerous WR's in the league. The problem is he isn't always on. I'm with Jap though, don't just let him walk away and get a comp pick. Deal him and get more for him. Plus comp picks take a year to receive so we won't get that end of the 3rd comp pick until the 2014 draft. We will probably get an end of the 3rd comp pick because we lost Carr last year and his contract was humongous. But Bowe leaving doesn't help us draft a QB or any other player this year.